Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan (13707 Views)

Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls / Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer / Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Godson201333(m): 2:14am On Aug 17, 2013
Human rights activists have condemned the wife of President Gooluck Jonathan, Patience, for causing gridlock that inhibited movement at the nation’s capital, Abuja, on Thursday.

The first lady had organised a women event, involving about 10,000 females at the Federal Capital Territory.

In an interview with our correspondent, Lagos lawyer, Bamidele Aturu, said the action of Patience was “symptomatic of elite privatisation” of the country.

He said, “This kind of action is one of the symptoms of the hijack of the country by the elite. As far as people like the President’s wife are concerned, the country belongs to them and they believe they can do whatever they want.

“That is a feudal mentality. Mind you, she is not the only one who does this kind of thing. The wives of governors of the various states are also guilty. It simply shows that the members of the ruling class are incapable of checking themselves.

“The President himself is civil but he has the responsibility of cautioning his wife. We are not in a feudal society, Nigeria is a republic. We should exhibit our republican status.”

Another human rights lawyer, Jiti Ogunye, told Saturday PUNCH that it was “simply sad” that despite numerous condemnations of the culture of bringing about a city’s lockdown by an executive’s spouse in the media, the ruling class has not been able to check itself.

Ogunye said it was grievous enough for the President to cause such massive restraint of human vehicular movement “not to speak of his spouse, who has no executive powers.”

The lawyer said, “First it was Lagos, then Port Harcourt. Now it is Abuja. Perhaps she is trying to generate a feudal character by grinding the major cities in the country to a halt whenever she visits.

“It is emblematic of the serious problem of governance. This is a problem Nigeria needs to be saved from because we are already experiencing a gridlock in the socio-political atmosphere in this country.”

Ogunye pointed out that it is necessary to start thinking seriously about a class action to restrain the President’s wife from causing obstruction to the day-to-day activities of Nigerians.

Source http://www.punchng.com/news/abuja-gridlock-aturu-ogunye-condemn-presidents-wife/

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:32am On Aug 17, 2013
free my PEJ jor...by d way last 2 comment

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Brimmie(m): 2:36am On Aug 17, 2013
That Bag-Of-Beans shld be cart away to feed pigs at Otta Farm.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by kennyonthrone(m): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2013
Hip 4 da hip, 4 da hip,popo 4 da hippopo nd tamus 4 da HIPPOPOTAMUS....den we scream Hippopotamus * Singin dat ma matchin in song bck den in primary sch*

Yea datz wat u get wen u ve an Hippopotamus nd a semi illeterate as a first lady....anyway shaa dia is no Gooluck witout Patience

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 17, 2013
undecided
Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by amanikondo: 10:04am On Aug 17, 2013
[size=14pt]With Patience there is Goodluck. We need more Patience in this country.[/size] grin

11 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 17, 2013
'Aturu' na person name undecided

11 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Lordave: 10:06am On Aug 17, 2013
Jisos Kraist of Nairaland!

Aturu Sheep! Condemned PEJ?
I thought Abdullahi killed aturu on sallah day

Please our muslim brothers should confirm this since they are the ones closer to aturu.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Brimmie(m): 10:07am On Aug 17, 2013
Aturu be like this food wey we dey, chop Ekuru!! Lmao! grin grin
Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by ELgordo(m): 10:07am On Aug 17, 2013
damn# watch the vine on world star hip hop dot com
Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by abatajjvii: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2013
P E J

Ok ooooooooooooooo
Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2013
Baybe: 'Aturu' na person name undecided

na sheep for my language oo grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by simongonner: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2013
JEWISH WOMAN
Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by jmoore(m): 10:08am On Aug 17, 2013
Why not sue her? You are a lawyer Mr Aturu, talk and no action. smh

6 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 17, 2013
Am kinda speechless for the moment.Any eye witness in the house?

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by myners007: 10:09am On Aug 17, 2013
patience jonathan is d most criticised Nigeria first lady and she remain unperturbed by the incessant invectives thrown at her. Patience ,may u live long and put ur enemies to shame

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 17, 2013
All GEJ and PEJ haters should go and HIT their head on the floor or hug transformer.

6 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by solopumpy227: 10:11am On Aug 17, 2013
Why disturbing the peace of Millions for things they benefit nothing from.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Seanixking: 10:12am On Aug 17, 2013
undecided did i just hear 10,000 women,abi na crusade der do...abeg click like if beverly nd patience r more popular dan GEJ...

1 Like

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by alphaconde(m): 10:12am On Aug 17, 2013
For heavens sake leave patience alone, what will she do that people will not talk, every now and then adeboyes church causes severe hardship to motorists on lagos highway, why don't you protest that? Hmmm?

6 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by clint77ng: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2013
Baybe: 'Aturu' na person name undecided
For where?
Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by alphaconde(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2013
Seanixking: undecided did i just 10,000 women,abi na crusade der do...abeg click like if beverly nd patience r more popular dan GEJ...
click like by your self. Ekpa

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by lincolnj88: 10:14am On Aug 17, 2013
Aturu if e pain u very much. Den I think u need some pain killers

1 Like

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by 9iceboi(m): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2013
I love pej....... Haters can hug d next available transfomer

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by ShineuEye: 10:15am On Aug 17, 2013
amanikondo: [size=14pt]With Patience there is Goodluck. We need more Patience in this country.[/size] grin

I agree with you 100%. Patience comes with Goodluck jare.

Haters know what to do>>>>>>>transformer time

1 Like

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Lordave: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2013
But PEJ shouldn't have gone that far, mehn, you need to see Area1 round about. angry
Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2013
In all of the talk about this issue, I haven't heard one important factor: Cost.

What is the COST of all these jamborees to the country?

How much was spent on the programme, on paying those dancers, on refreshments, on attires, on decorations etc?

What is the opportunity cost? Couldn't the time spent on this pointless programme have been better spent elsewhere? What about the soldiers providing "security", couldn't they have been better put to use fighting the BH insurgents in the north?

Above all, what was the cost to the ordinary Abuja residents? What about those who were late to work? Those who missed their flights? Pregnant women being rushed to hospital? People who had important business appointments?

Has anyone tried to contemplate the COST of all these unnecessary traffic jams induced by this megalomaniac called a "First Lady"?

Do we think at all in this country?

23 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Seanixking: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2013
alpha conde:
alpha click lik make i recharge ur life,coz i no sey na 1 bar remain..
Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by balfol: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2013
why can't some people just reason before they comment?
if you know the kind of hardship this PEJ attitude can cause, you will understand, and that's what happens whenever she feels like, my brother spent about two extra hours the other time at the airport in lagos just because PEJ is flying from lagos to Abuja so every other plane flying that route has to be delayed till she lands in Abuja.

must people suffer becos you are a first lady? is this what obtains in the advanced countries

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by alphaconde(m): 10:24am On Aug 17, 2013
alpha conde:
Seanixking: alpha click lik make i recharge ur life,coz i no sey na 1 bar remain..

Ok I agree I like your foolishness.
Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 17, 2013
HNosegbe: In all of the talk about this issue, I haven't heard one important factor: Cost.

What is the COST of all these jamborees to the country?

How much was spent on the programme, on paying those dancers, on refreshments, on attires, on decorations etc?

What is the opportunity cost? Couldn't the time spent on this pointless programme have been better spent elsewhere? What about the soldiers providing "security", couldn't they have been better put to use fighting the BH insurgents in the north?

Above all, what was the cost to the ordinary Abuja residents? What about those who were late to work? Those who missed their flights? Pregnant women being rushed to hospital? People who had important business appointments?

Has anyone tried to contemplate the COST of all these unnecessary traffic jams induced by this megalomaniac called a "First Lady"?

Do we think at all in this country?

If you ask me, who will i ask? Abeg forget those grammer above.
Re: Abuja Gridlock: Aturu, Ogunye Condemn Patience Jonathan by homesteady(m): 10:27am On Aug 17, 2013
Her rally actually did more good than harm gringringrin because the more than 10,000 women that participated in the rally got paid, and they 'll bless PEJ wella gringringrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inspector General Of Police Emplaces Robust Security Arrangement Nationwide / "Unfulfilled Promises": Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Resume Bombings / Onanuga To Atiku: Your Statement Is Reckless, Tinubu Is On Top Of The Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.