Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack (9334 Views)

Attention: Fake Sahara Reporters Website. Spot The Difference. PICS. / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by OmerianConsult: 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
May be security techies around the world will be magnanimous with their skills for once.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by anytexy: 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
Have they informed JTF? If not they shld do that as soon as possible.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by emmanuel4758(m): 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
abeg who go fit hack aljazeera for me
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by TyTymer(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
grin sahara reporters are the most resilient bunch I've seen in a while. I sure hope they win this battle. GEJ is surely enjoying a breath of fresh air grin
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by killuminati(m): 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
topsyking: I ONCES SAID THIS BEFORE. OUR PPLE BEEN WORKING ROUND THE CLOCK FOR THIS... IF NAIRALAND REFUSES TO STOP PEOPLE FROM POSTING RUBBISH AND INSULTING TOPIC AND PAINTING THE GOVT AND NIGERIA BAD TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD... IT SHALL BE OUR NEXT PROJECT.. AND WE WILL DOWN IT FOR SO LONG...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
HACKERWORLD.COM
seee dis akpamu!

If I vex now I fit shut ur system down from here now nau!

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by killuminati(m): 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
emmanuel4758: abeg who go fit hack aljazeera for me
I go fit hack emmanuelTV for u sha tongue
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by Vanityupnvanity(m): 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2013
Ok!
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by 9iceboi(m): 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
Sahararepoters.com is an APc news room. Good work hackers nd more grease 2 ur eva greased elbow... tongue

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by FrankC3: 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
What exactly is so difficult about SYN flood attack that defy resolution by a serious network security system, people and process? We are not even talking about serious network attack here.
Most servers everywhere around the world face daily attack. How exactly is Sahara Reporters attack different from those happening on millions of servers worldwide even as I type? From Washington Post to BBC to CNN, including our mail servers or portal servers in our offices, if engineers should issue press release about such attacks, it would really be an interesting world.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2013
GEJ, why?
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by Orikinla(m): 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
DON'T GIVE IN AND DON'T GIVE UP.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by ocelot2006(m): 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
Sahara reporters hacked? I need to buy the hackers a drink.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by egift(m): 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by skyfall: 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by hunter21(m): 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
May they not survive the attack.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by egift(m): 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
hunter2,1:
May they not survive the attack.

Same to you in double portion, Amen.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by emmanuel4758(m): 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
killuminati: I go fit hack emmanuelTV for u sha tongue
no tryam b4 god go vex
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by nelklyn(m): 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
DoS attack...I guess offensive security releases too many Pen testing tools this days. Everyone's carrying out tests
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by hunter21(m): 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2013
egift:

Nobody is going to attack me. I don't telling lies or spoil the image of anybody or country.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by hunter21(m): 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
egift:

Nobody is going to attack me. I don't tell lies or spoil anybody or countries image.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 18, 2013
Handwork of Jimoh Ibrahim. They keep exposing all his stupid moves with married women working for him and his treatment of those working for him
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by nex(m): 11:05am On Aug 18, 2013
GEJ's Israelis are not sleeping.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by linearity: 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
It is time to drop a firewall in front of the web server, assign a private IP address to the server and let the firewall handle all in coming traffic.

All SYN, half open TCP, POST, etc attacks will be dropped by the firewall and your server can be happy again...plus attackers will no longer be able to attack the server or reach it directly, since private IPs are Internet routable.

If you want to step up the fight, throw is an IDS, though an IPS would be better and you will be ready to take the fight back to the attackers.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by xakjustice(m): 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
Seun u don enta more work oooo no allow dem
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by nelklyn(m): 3:05am On Aug 19, 2013
linearity: It is time to drop a firewall in front of the web server, assign a private IP address to the server and let the firewall handle all in coming traffic.

All SYN, half open TCP, POST, etc attacks will be dropped by the firewall and your server can be happy again...plus attackers will no longer be able to attack the server or reach it directly, since private IPs are Internet routable.

If you want to step up the fight, throw is an IDS, though an IPS would be better and you will be ready to take the fight back to the attackers.
Although systems with private IPs do not connect directly to the internet and computers outside the local network can't connect directly to such systems, and having an IDPS even detects and prevents malicious intrusions. Don't assume it cannot be hacked. NAT only reduces your vulnerability to the outside world. What if those sahara guys have a mole inside their local network? Who is creating the backdoors for the hackers
Re: Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack by linearity: 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
nelklyn:
Although systems with private IPs do not connect directly to the internet and computers outside the local network can't connect directly to such systems, and having an IDPS even detects and prevents malicious intrusions. Don't assume it cannot be hacked. NAT only reduces your vulnerability to the outside world. What if those sahara guys have a mole inside their local network? Who is creating the backdoors for the hackers

IDS/IPS can locate the source and isolate internal threats.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? / Increasing Livability In Eastern States / Ohaneze Ndigbo Wades Into Feud Between Gov Umahi And Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.