Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition (13129 Views)

Ex-governor, Fashola Denies Fathering Twins With Government Worker / Fashola Denies Deportation Allegation At Meeting With Igbo Leaders / Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Brimmie(m): 2:39am On Aug 17, 2013
Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola has dissociated himself from an advertisement published in Nigeria’s newspapers, rallying support fro the governor in the 2105 presidential elecetion.
A statement by the governor’s special adviser on media and publicity, Hakeem Bello described the advertisers as “unknown persons”
“This is to disclaim and dissociate the Governor and the State Government from this unsolicited and unwarranted venture.
“This is against the backdrop of the fact that Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN) is focused on sustaining the high tempo of development engendering governance right till the end of his second tenure in Office and therefore cannot yield to distractions by any individual or group of mischief makers.
“Members of the public are hereby implored to ignore the said advert and also be wary of the antics of people with such dubious intentions. Please be vigilant”, concluded the statement.

Source: PM News
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/08/16/fashola-denies-presidential-ambition/
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 17, 2013
this should reduce the attacks that the incumbent president may want to lash out to him. Maybe he has plans of being a senator in mind.... Hmhmm. Goodluck sha.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:07am On Aug 17, 2013
He's one of the 3 most performing governors.
Last Bullet: He's just playing mind games so that unecassary focus ll not be on him. He's likely to be a Vice Presidential candidate under APC!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by SMIG(m): 6:18am On Aug 17, 2013
space bookedspace bookedspace booked
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Akpaife(m): 6:19am On Aug 17, 2013
E be like say na yourba n hausa go dey rule ds country no other tribe abi,fashion no be ur brother OBJ rule ds country b4 GEJ dey rule now abeg wait let other tribe rule,ds is 1 Nig is 4 everybody

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by StObaino1(m): 6:29am On Aug 17, 2013
That's one thing Naija politicians are good at "Denying"

I used to have soo much respect for fashola but not anymore after the who deportation saga.

12 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by OlumegbonMutair: 6:46am On Aug 17, 2013
Thats your problem

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by maclatunji: 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
Even if he wants to run, which one is my own?
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
As usual, misleading title! Fasola neither denied nor confirmed any ambition. He merely dissociated himself from people circulating posters without his approval.

19 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by aim74(m): 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
BRF is the only answer to Nigeria come 2015!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by dplomaticVal: 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
thats gud for him. . .cause even if he decides to vie for the position he would neither get Apc ticket nor lgbos support.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by homesteady(m): 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
Even if he has any presidential ambition, he has to wait till 2040 before he becomes a president! Because - jonathan will complete his 2nd tenure, an igbo man will rule for 8 years, then a hausa man, then probably a woman will also rule!! Then fashola can become president!! gringringringrin

That's if rapture has not happened by then! gringringrin

25 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by atlwireles: 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING. THE SIMPLE TRUTH IS, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WIN PERIOD!!!!. FASHOLA HAS SUCCEEDED IN MAKING HIMSELF NOT ELECTABLE ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA, THAN HIS WESTERN REGION.

18 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
If he is not contesting, I'm not voting for apc.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by oneliegeria: 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
grin grin That fascist has been disassociating himself from a lot of things lately.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by JingoOAU(m): 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
And you are staying in the same western region, enjoying every fresh air of the progressive achievements, never minding the cave or region you came from.....

atlwireles: YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING. THE SIMPLE TRUTH IS, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WIN PERIOD!!!!. FASHOLA HAS SUCCEEDED IN MAKING HIMSELF NOT ELECTABLE ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA, THAN HIS WESTERN REGION.

14 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Gifted4all(m): 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hmmmmm when are we going to have an edo.ijaw.uhrobo.efik.tiv etc as president of dis country.nigeria is for us all and nt for dis so cald yoruba n hausa alone
Well all dis are end tym tinz

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by samkoro: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
According to the report,he can run in 2105 presidential elecetion .No problem.He can run by then.let him leave 2015 for more reasonable candidate.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by seedord247(m): 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
Gifted4all: Hmmmmm when are we going to have an edo.ijaw.uhrobo.efik.tiv etc as president of dis country.nigeria is for us all and nt for dis so cald yoruba n hausa alone

Retardeeen Goodluck is from where?

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Asoozy: 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
dplomaticVal: thats gud for him. . .cause even if he decides to vie for the position he would neither get Apc ticket nor lgbos support.

Ibos support is inconsequential, it only matters to Jonathan.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
dplomaticVal: thats gud for him. . .cause even if he decides to vie for the position he would neither get Apc ticket nor lgbos support.
wetin! every time- igbo support, igbo support, how many u na be self for una place that u will not allow us to rest? Just listen well, ur sentimental regional votes against north or sw will only hinder your chances of rulling this country more. Yes, ibo are really marginalised when it comes to presidential slot but u people are not helping your self also. If you vote against north or sw now out of sentiment, remember your appointed time will soon come, and who will bail u out then? I guess asari dokubo and ijaws. Am a yoruba man, and i always tell my friend that if i see a very responsible igbo man ready to make nigeria great, i will cast my votes, because their region has been really marginalised. But see what u people are causing for your future?? Even soludo that has good stand against ngige is being dealt with now just because of some evil elders and political god fathers.
Leave sentiment aside and let the vote be determined by the electorates in open field. Thank you.

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by HoldenCaulfield(m): 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
Oh gosh.. Fashola why! I want you to come and chase away all this igbos back to there place of origin cameroon. Seriously, i like the e-war of igbo vs yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Tintinix: 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
And you are staying in the same western region, enjoying every fresh air of the progressive achievements, never minding the cave or region you came from.....

Eat your heart out, Let it pain you well well!!!

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by redsun(m): 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
I don't think fashola is really keen on national responsibilities.He is more of odua republic than nigeria.Acn is more of a tribal party in line with the traditions of earlier yoruba political movements like the AC AND UPN.

In like with awolowo's political hadiths.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by deeptesting(m): 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
It's the antecedent of Nigerian politicians to deny their political ambition.......Fashola for Senate will be a nice calculation otherwise will be a political suicide.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Asoozy: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
redsun: I don't think fashola is really keen on national responsibilities.He is more of odua republic than nigeria.Acn is more of a tribal party in line with the traditions of earlier yoruba political movements like the AC AND UPN.

In like with awolowo's hadiths.

Keep repeating that until Ngige wins Anambara.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by LagosBoi2(m): 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
It's not our fault, we see you as the most credible candidate for the position. I will personally rally support for your future political move to Federal level. Leave haters alone and continue working for your people. You opened my eyes to what public service really means.

Lasgidi 4 Life

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by kabba7(m): 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2013

Is that sooooooooooooooooooooo
Never knew the ibbos has a support

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by homesteady(m): 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
Fashola for president in year 2040! gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by RedLight1: 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
fashola for president cool

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by JingoOAU(m): 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
The way some of you reason at times, leaves nothing to desire. In any democracy, in as much you are above 18 years old, you are eligible to vote and be voted for. If you are so vexed to the marrow seeing so many potential presidents in one region, whose fault?

The constitution never says the hausa or yorubas shouldn't vie for the president whenever they feel like, rather, if there's another region or some group of ethnic settings that felt shortchanged in the scheme of things, they should also put forward their best presidential candidates so that we can also vote for them.

Are we going to come to your ethnic group's door and bring the presidential seat on a platter of gold? If your ethnic group cnt produce a national-widely-accepted potential president, your ethnic group is as good as dead and useless

Gifted4all: Hmmmmm when are we going to have an edo.ijaw.uhrobo.efik.tiv etc as president of dis country.nigeria is for us all and nt for dis so cald yoruba n hausa alone

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Labaran Maku And His Team Visit Aregbesola / FEC Approves $200m Loan For Lagos / How We Uncovered Saraki’s N375m London Property – Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.