Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. (2291 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / Religion Section Reference Library (sticky) / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
I'm sure people have noticed the loss of certain influential people here on the religion section. Muskeeto and Deepsight are examples.....

The debates and funny stuff here have dwindled.....

Seun, congrats....the religion section is coming as dry as ever.

7 Likes

Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by bolaino(m): 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
Logicboy03: I'm sure people have noticed the loss of certain influential people here on the religion section. Muskeeto and Deepsight are examples.....

I hope this section gets back on it's feet, if not, it's bye bye for me.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
lol.
the most excitement you all have had was during the few hours mac was the mod grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by ninja4life(m): 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
Yeah no more debate since a while now in d religious section by atheist/agnostics.well i only visit nairaland religion section once in a while now and wen i do i mostly read thru d previous topics by atheists in dis forum.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by iamswizz(m): 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
Thats true... Once again, thanks Seun
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by NewAlfa: 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
it's going the way of politics section.

it will soon turn islamic
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by UyiIredia(m): 12:10am On Aug 18, 2013
@ OP: I hope it's not that dry reddit group you want to join. It would be a pity. Maybe I can spice things up a little but I tend to be more of a particapant on made threads than an active thread starter. In any case, I'll stick with the Religion section as long as it brings a topic that catches my fancy.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by plaetton: 12:56am On Aug 18, 2013
Ok everyone. Get ready for serious discussions and debates on Sunday.
. I just wonder why threads with atheistic themes nerver make it to the front page.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by UyiIredia(m): 1:06am On Aug 18, 2013
Actually, they do make FP. In fact, maybe too much for a site in a very religious country. I would wonder whether RDFRS would even allow a thread preaching Jesus, and if so tag it in a positive light. Apparently not, since there's a bias.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by mcfynest(m): 1:30am On Aug 18, 2013
Logicboy03: I'm sure people have noticed the loss of certain influential people here on the religion section. Muskeeto and Deepsight are examples.....

seconded
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Dsage1: 8:38am On Aug 18, 2013

You're right man, same with Politic section and front page with celebrities pictures nonsense. Very few topics worth my contribution, Infact most times I login to NL,I just go straight to Romans and Sexuality sections to catch fun.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:49am On Aug 18, 2013
I log on this days to read some post and find my way out. Front page sometime to have some fun. It boring here I swear down
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:31am On Aug 18, 2013
CMon lets flood this section with our threads.

1 Like

Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by bolaino(m): 10:49am On Aug 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
CMon lets flood this section with our threads.
that's the spirit mate.

1 Like

Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 18, 2013
Those who complain about the section being boring seem to suggest that they either lack creativity or that they are simply 'plus ones'. 'Plus one' can't really do anything on it's own except when attached to a variable.

2 Likes

Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by AlfaB: 10:54am On Aug 18, 2013
striktlymi: Those who complain about the section being boring seem to suggest that they either lack creativity or that they are simply 'plus ones'. 'Plus one' can't really do anything on it's own except when attached to a variable.

It is very naive to think that a tree makes a forest.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:55am On Aug 18, 2013
we need to work on a strategy. ill try to pick up something. I need all your support.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 18, 2013
Alfa-B:

It is very naive to think that a tree makes a forest.

Equally naive to think that a few leaf falls will necessarily kill the tree.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by AlfaB: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Equally naive to think that a few leaf falls will necessarily kill the tree.

Falling leaves can be a symptom of a bigger underlying problem. Especially if they start falling in spring and on a single tree.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 18, 2013
Alfa-B:

Falling leaves can be a symptom of a bigger underlying problem. Especially if they start falling in spring and on a single tree.

Not when fresh leaves are growing.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by AlfaB: 11:00am On Aug 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Not when fresh leaves are growing.

Evidently not. Seeing the number of likes the op is gathering.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 18, 2013
Alfa-B:

Evidently not. Seeing the number of likes the op is gathering.

Those who click the 'like' button are part of the plus ones I talked about. Part of the fallen leafs. Check the top candidates for the mod job. superior1 who is a contender is a newby here.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by AlfaB: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Those who click the 'like' button are part of the plus ones I talked about. Part of the fallen leafs. Check the top candidates for the mod job. superior1 who is a contender is a newby here.

Just accept that there is a before and after manmustwac here. This section might recover but for now, it's not looking good.

1 Like

Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 18, 2013
Alfa-B:

Just accept that there is a before and after manmustwac here. This section might recover but for now, it's not looking good.

It may not look very bright for the irreligious (in the very short term) but for the religious, it's looking great.

1 Like

Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by AlfaB: 11:15am On Aug 18, 2013
striktlymi:

It may not look very bright for the irreligious (in the very short term) but for the religious, it's looking great.

I don't think so. Show evidence.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 18, 2013
Alfa-B:

I don't think so. Show evidence.

The evidence is so glaring.

1) Some religious folks who left because of the crisis decided to come back. This is yet to be for the irreligious. At least I know two religious guys who came back. We are yet to see musky and Deepsight in their known user ids.

2) Religious threads are popping up rather quickly. One test for this would be the 'interest thread' put up by mukina. I tried reviving it just yesterday but today it has been pushed back to almost at the third page. An indication that more threads religious threads are being opened.

3) The interesting thing about the threads being opened is that most are opened by newbies and not the old guns.
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 18, 2013
plaetton: Ok everyone. Get ready for serious discussions and debates on Sunday.
. I just wonder why threads with atheistic themes nerver make it to the front page.
Let's go to http://www.philoversity.com
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 18, 2013

aint like yall atheists had anything to talk about anyway. its only so many times you can talk about primordial soup. you need to switch and come over to the exciting side. the side of the saints that is tongue

5 Likes

Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Ishilove: 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
obadiah777: aint like yall atheists had anything to talk about anyway. its only so many times you can talk about primordial soup. you need to switch and come over to the exciting side. the side of the saints that is tongue
Lmao!!!
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
Ishilove:
Lmao!!!
i sure told em cheesy
Re: Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. by UyiIredia(m): 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
Reyginus: Let's go to http://www.philoversity.com

That draaaaaab place. I had to search all the boards to know that living beings were discussing there. When I see a bigger crowd or better topics, I'll join, for now I'll pass. If it's any comfort, I bookmarked it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your marriage and your Ancestry. By Dr D.K . Olukoya. / Your Every Blessing Is Found In The Person Of Jesus - Joseph Prince / How To Identify A Witch...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.