Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,023 members, 7,953,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:08 AM

SCHOOL LIFE - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SCHOOL LIFE (98397 Views)

. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by seankay(m): 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
Wey dis guy nah? cum update jarwe
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
Firstly, @foxy & Princesa, It's ok na and @Yemi, lol, you need to stop whining them before Foxy treat your fûck upsgrin.

@Smithe- I've got my eyes on you too.
@clemzy- Correct guy!
@The rock- Dulling no dey my dictionary.
@dryakason- Thanks bro.
@rhapzidy & Enigurl- thanks, I'm doing my best, but certain things won't let me be 'very active'.
@mcmoney, new update coming soon.
@naija4life, Atomic abi boko? grin
@ivy- you won't have to wait too long
@bella yao- I like 'IT' too, but what is the 'It' you are talking about? Hope its not my 'IT' grin. *clears throat*.
@datblaqgurl- Lol, calm down nah, You don't judge 'MY' stories by the first few chapters, I like to build up to the climax. Forget say na secondary school, things happens in secondary school too, If you know what I mean wink
@seankay- am here sir. grin.

On that note, am off to type a new post, gimme few minutes...

Thanks for the comments and keep them coming.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
EPISODE 2.

Bunmi wore one of those blue boot cut jeans that was in vogue then and a pink shirt, while her sister wore a black three quarter jeans and a pink top too.

'Girls and Pink sha' I mummerd under my breath.

As Bunmi and her sister walked closer to my my direction, I looked up to my dad who towered me to see if he noticed what was going on but he seemed to have all his attention totally focused at the Admin Block.

'should I tap him and show him the girls that are approaching or just let time decide' while I was contemplating the girls got close enough and Bunmi spoke first;

'Michael, what are you doing here?'

I wonder why Nigerians like to ask questions that the answers are highly obvious.

'Ayam a new student here' I replied unintentionally replacing the 'I am' with 'Ayam'. Am sure most of us spoke like that as kids grin.

'Ah! Which house did they put you in?' she asked me.

'I dunno oh, ayam just coming now' I replied.

'ok, is this your daddy?' Bunmi's sister, Shola, asked me.

I had already forgotten my dad was even by my side although we both faced different directions.

'Yes. daddy see my class mates, Bunmi and Shola' I replied and then tapped my dad who was staring at the Admin block with full interest asif he had a hidden agenda for it.

'Good afternoon sir' They both greeted him as he turned towards them.

he smiled at them looked at his wristwatch before saying;

'the time is still 11:15am and not yet 12pm so its still morning. How do you greet someone in the morning?'

'good morning sir' They both replied in unison.

Don't mind my dad, that's just how he was and probably still is, he likes to do 'Over sabi' attimes.

'Good! How are you?' He asked.

'we are fine' They both replied as if they knew what was in eachother's mind.

'who brought you people here?'

'Our mummy'

'Where is she?'

'see her' Shola who was the older one, probably with just some months difference pointed at a woman who ironically enough, was staring at the Admin block just like my dad earlier did.

'Is there something in this building that only adults can see?' I wondered.

'Ok, lets go and talk to her' My dad replied and followed suite as the girls led the way.

The girls mum looked extraordinarily beautiful and rather too young to have given birth to kids who were roughly within the ages of 9, 10 and 11, she looked like someone in her late twenties or perhaps early thirties. And unless she gave birth to her first kid around 20, then maybe she wasn't Bunmi and Shola's biological mum, but that's not really the topic of the day so back to my story.

'hello!' My dad said to the lady with an extra wide grin on his face, I didn't understand why he shined his 32 teeth so widely then but I guess I do now. Men would always be men*winks*.

'Hi, good afternoon' she replied and gave him a warm smile.

I expected him to give her the 'it's not yet 12pm lecture' but he strangely skipped the lecture and gave a replied that wasn't expected;

'Good afternoon, how are you?' he said and the offered her his hand for a hand shake.

She grabbed the hand and replied in the affirmative.

He then went ahead to state his reasons of approaching her, saying somethings about am his kid and I just got admitted, that he also needs directions on what to do first since it was obvious she and her kids had passed the basic stage.

She had a really tiny voice so I couldn't hear are reply, I simply turned to Bunmi and her sister then started chating with them. We said nothing worth writing, just the usual kids talk.

Few minutes later I heard my dad say 'thank you' and then take his phone from her. Why he gave her his phone and what she did with it baffled me, all I can tell you guys is 'like father like son' grin.

My dad and I then walked towards the building and entered it.

'Fine boy, what's your name?' A fairly young dude who wore a white T-shirt with 'NYSC' written on it asked me.

'Michael Odoh' I replied smartly.

'how old are you?'

'Am 9 years old sir' I replied, intentionally adding the 'sir' inother to sound really polite.

'hmm, is that his real age sir?' He asked my dad who was just staring at the interogator.

'Yes, he would be ten years old by October, any problem?' My dad asked with a rather curious tone.

'no, not atall, just that he is quite young. Most of his class mates are already 10, 11 or maybe more'

'yes, you are right, thanks to his mother who insisted he started schooling early and his sharp brain which earned him a double promotion in his primary school' My dad replied proudly and Ironically, I could see his head was already swelling instead of mine.

Truth be told, I was a pretty intelligent kid in primary school, I wonder what happened to that part of my brain sad, all that is in it now is how to... (fill in the blank space with what ever you feel is suitable) grin.

'interesting, you should be proud of your son then' The dude replied totally ignorant of the proud tone my dad used earlier....
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
'I'm definitely proud of him' my dad replied and then tapped me on the shoulder for reasons best know to him.

'Fine boy, I hope you would keep up the good job?' the dude asked me, I assumed the question was rhetorical so I just smiled in response, but within me I said; 'I hope so too o'.

'Ok, so what house do you want us to put you in?' He asked after he realised I wasn't going to reply him.

'Red house!' I replied not because of any reasonable reason but simply because of my house in primary school was 'Red', little did I know that things were a little bit different.

The dude chuckled at my eager response then went ahead to explain after my dad asked him to;

'There are four houses in this school, namely, Chad, Cross, Niger and Osun, they are named after four famous water bodies, like lake chad and cross rivers, also they..'

'are they represented by different colours?' My dad cut in after staring at his wrist watch, he didn't seem to be interested in the lecture that the dude was giving us.

'Yes they are, chad house is represented by...'

'Is any of them represented by the red colour?' my dad cut in again, I began to wonder why he was in a hurry.

'Yes, I was just about to tell you that' the corper replied, and I could see that the bright smile which had been on his face was suddenly no more.

'ok so which one is red?' My dad asked, still not caring about how rude he sounded.

'Chad house'

'Good! My son said he wanted to be in red house and since red house is same thing as Chad house, put him in red house! Simple' my dad replied, fairly raising his voice.

'what's up with this change of attitude?' I wondered as I watched the nice drama going on in my presence.

'Ok, I just wanted to let him know more about the houses before making a decision' He replied and brought out a big green file, her thereafter wrote somethings on the file then handed it over to my dad and gave him some instructions.

I later got to know was a 'Corper' who was doing his service in the school because of the 'NYSC' written on his shirt.

NB: NYSC - National Youth Service Corps, in my opinion, it's just simply a way the government of Nigeria try to steal free labour from the highly educated citizen who are already graduates. Yes! Free! What can the #20,000 in which they pay the corpers add to thier lives? Considering the current bad economy of the nation.

Anyway, lets leave that argument for another day.

BACK TO MY STORY...

My dad and I left the 'dude' office or should I just say 'corner' because it was actually a big hall which had several tables and chairs with many other corpers who sat on them while attending to other people who I assumed were newly admitted.

My dad opened the file and there were over fifteen forms in it, which I assumed we were to fill, and I assumed right.

The forms contained so many questions I deemed unnecessary and probably silly like;

'what's you mother's phone number?'

'home address of your father?'

'what is your home address?'

The questions that flooded my mind as I filled the forms were, what do you people need my mummy number for? Do you want to start flashing her? If you have asked me for my daddy house address, why are you asking for mine again? Whereelse do you expect me to be living?. Dumb people, I said to myself.

We finally filled the forms and then proceeded to another office in the same building but on a different floor to submit the form, my dad got further instructions from the person he submitted the form to.

We walked out of the building and headed to the school park before walking towards the northern region where there was a light crowd which seemed to be increasing by the second.

I didn't have any idea about what was happening but I just followed my dad like a dummy.

I was instructed by my dad to sit on one of the chairs in the park before he went to join the crowd. I obeyed and few minutes later, he came out with a really tiny bed, a bucket, a 5 liters white keg and a nylon bag which I assumed contained my school wears.

'Daddy, why did you buy a new bed?' I asked ignorant of the fact that I needed something to sleep on.

He just smiled and said;

'It's for you, lets try and located your hostel quickly before it start to rain, I was told its called 'Government Block'' He replied and started walking eastward, I just followed him quietly.

After about 15 minutes of foolishly walking round the school all in the name of looking for 'Government Block' we finally decided to ask for directions and we found out it was just right behind us, I felt like slapping my dad for making me walk so Long whereas the building was just by the corner but I 'was' a well mannered kid.. Yes! 'Was', any questions?.

Long story cut short, My dad finally left me alone in the hostel to face my fate all alone.

Less I forget, my dad actually left with Bunmi's mum in his car but I don't know what happened afterwards but as I stated earlier;

'Like father, Like son' grin.

END OF EPISODE 2.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Daniel2802(m): 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
Sorry for joining the team late oh but well sha i don land bi say i don land,after all "better late than never."
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Princesa... I don dislike you from today. You thought apologizing to you was because I fear your backlash?

Babe, come off it jor.

And remember, no matter how stubborn you are, you still moan under a man.

angry angry angry

even moaning can be faked! Anything to flatter his dead ego and keep him in check tongue

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
And err chistar, the usage for that pronoun is :

my dad and I left for the...

Not

I and my dad left for the...

The pronoun I always comes at the end when its used with other pronouns, eg

Tunde, Kemi and I got the job

glad to helpsmiley

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chinedumo(m): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
princesa: And err chistar, the usage for that pronoun is :

Not

glad to helpsmiley

and this is the same person condemning me for arguing...
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
princesa: And err chistar, the usage for that pronoun is :

Not

glad to helpsmiley
hmm, didn't know there was a rule on that but thanks all the same, lemmie go and make the neccesary modifications now grin, I'll be expecting more 'corrections'.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Therock5555(m): 6:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ok na i don read ur own make i rn go update mine
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Livingstone11(m): 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
I Love dis story men!! Cristar u da boko haram... grin
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
chinedumo:

and this is the same person condemning me for arguing...
and that sir, was not an argument undecided
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
chistar01:
hmm, didn't know there was a rule on that but thanks all the same, lemmie go and make the neccesary modifications now grin, I'll be expecting more 'corrections'.
na you kukuma use ur mouth talk am oh grin
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
princesa:
sure! And be as raw as possible, don't form 'miss polite' grin
princesa:
sure! And be as raw as possible, don't form 'miss polite'
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chinedumo(m): 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
princesa:
and that sir, was not an argument undecided
what is it then?
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Eniqurl(f): 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lol "Lyk Father Lyk Son". U nahd sewz oh.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by gameboy727(m): 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
yemi2plus2:
Nor be all girls dey moan, some be like dead iroko tree.
LMAO
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
chinedumo:
what is it then?

*sighs* correction undecided
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by valdes00(m): 12:10am On Aug 21, 2013
***just strollin on nairaland street, sees ppl commenting on a post. Let me take a peep*** EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWOOOOOO, i don dull oooooo. My guy don start new story and i dey waste my mb untop scrap stories for frontpage, chai.... Chistar bobo, no V 4 me ooo. Nobody alert me, al d same i don reach here. Lets go there, this story don dey mak sense dey go.
*****walks out of thread to buy bread and beans***
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by valdes00(m): 12:15am On Aug 21, 2013
***walks back in*** Omo everywhere dry ooo, he be lik say chistar don go sleep. No update til tomoro b dat, well o ba ni, ko baje. TIME TO KIP MYSELF BUSY ELSEWHERE

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Hadeehart101(f): 12:35am On Aug 21, 2013
Wow! Nice update. When's the next update coming?
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chinedumo(m): 4:33am On Aug 21, 2013
princesa:

*sighs* correction undecided
all na packaging
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kizzoh01(m): 7:45am On Aug 21, 2013
Hmmm...chistar u forced me 2 comment....is dere any skyscraper in fedgo...u go dey use lie feed dis viewers...*smh*
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Crystal3214(f): 7:50am On Aug 21, 2013
waitin 4 d nxt update phewww
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Crystal3214(f): 7:51am On Aug 21, 2013
waitin 4 d nxt update pheww
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kizzoh01(m): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2013
Chistar I dey feel ur papa Ooº°˚˚°ºoO..sharp guy...no dull.....
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Diznie(f): 8:13am On Aug 21, 2013
Fabulous work...kip et up+waitin 4 mre update
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chinedumo(m): 8:30am On Aug 21, 2013
kizzoh01: Hmmm...chistar u forced me 2 comment....is dere any skyscraper in fedgo...u go dey use lie feed dis viewers...*smh*

that maybe his definition of skyscraper.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Clemzy16(m): 9:21am On Aug 21, 2013
Chai, see the way una jst dey play wit my nickname skyscraper

chistar do come update quickly. . .

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Therock5555(m): 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
Clemzy16: Chai, see the way una jst dey play wit my nickname skyscraper

chistar do come update quickly. . .

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®

nawao for u
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by saintbeejay: 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
Chistar cum update o #like father like son#
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Daniel2802(m): 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2013
Chistar update 0h,i dy wait here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

FEIRE - A Romance Story / Life Of A Uam Boy / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.