Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

SCHOOL LIFE - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SCHOOL LIFE (96989 Views)

. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
HI,

This story is a pre-sequel of 'My complicated love story 'https://www.nairaland.com/1343906/complicated-love-story
. It would contain what happened during high school and how the 'Micheal' you all know turned out to be the kind of guy he was in 'My Complicated Love Story'.

I'll be making reference to recent songs, movies etc since I can't remember all the details and still try to blend it with the older ones.

Nevertheless, expect a lot of suspense comedy, intrigue and romance.

I don't really have much time to keep you guys posted as I did before but I'll do my best and update atleast once a day, please note that I may not update some days and may update more than once other day, it all depends on my schedule.

Please bear with me and feel free to drop comments as they would enable me to get better and know what you guys think about the story.

Thanks.

All Rights Reserved:

This work exclusively belongs to
the author and is protected under
the Nigerian copyright laws.

The Title, thoughts, plot,
characters, settings, quotes and
all its contents are properties of
the author.

No part of this work; either in
parts or in whole should be
reproduced in any format;
electronic or otherwise without
permission from the author.

You can reach the writer at
SNIPESMONEY@GMAIL.COM for any
inquiries.

© Chistar01

2 Likes

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
PROLOGUE.

The assembly hall was filled to the brim with valedictorians, parents, school staff and other well wishers.

Irrespective of the fact that the building held the record of being the biggest in the school premises, some unfortunate people had to stand by the window side because there wasn't sufficient space to accommodate the large population of people present at the event.

The hall in itsself was originally painted dark green hall but due to time and other 'old age' related factors, the colour was now a mixture of light green and sky blue.

I was interrupted in my unconscious observation of the hall by the sudden scream of some staffs who were instructing us to rise for the national anthem and I immediately knew the event was about to start.

It took me approximately five minutes to stand on my feet, not because I had a problem with my feet or anything like that, but because I was officially not a student of the school anymore and wanted to see the staff that would come and tell me nonsense.

Why did I do that? Lets just say I 'was' and probably 'is' still a stubborn kid grin.

The band started hitting the drum set so furiously I could have bet the drums would burst any moment and thus the confluence of both the croaked and melodious voices all started singing the national anthem in unison;

'Arise O' compation,
Nigeria calls oley,
to serve our fathers land
with blood our strength and faith,
the neighbour of our heroes fast;
shall never be in vain,
to serve with...'

As we sang, I fought the urge to burst out in laughter because half of the entire hall actually didn't know the real words of the National anthem and therefore ended up murdering it the innocent anthem.

Anyway, we ended the anthem and other protocol were duly observed, so it was time for the usual boring speeches of anyone who had something to say, but the first person to grab the microphone was of course the principal.

He was a chubby looking man who was doing the exact will of God when He said; 'Occupy till I come'. I'll let you to ponder on what exactly I mean by that.

'As you leave this prestigious college for the jungle out there, you all have to remember that whatever you do would either tarnish or up lift the image of this school.

There won't be any rising bell or light out anymore, so you are on your own now and this is when you have to decide what is right and what is wrong, also you shouldn't forget that...' Mr Babatunde Ayoola, the principal gave his stereotype yearly valedictory speech which most seasoned students already knew by heart.

I couldn't understand why most of my peers who were graduating too were either crying or atleast have a sober look on thier face.

Maybe they loved the school so much that they wished they could stay for a few more years but as for me, I couldn't just wait for the old man to finish his boring speech so I could get the hell out of the school premises for the very last time, never to return.

The past six years hadn't been all rosy or fun as some people might think, as a matter of fact, JSS1 to SS1 were really horrible but 'SS3' was awesome, you would find out why I said so in due time grin.

NB: 'JSS' means Junior Secondary School, while 'SS' actually means Senior Secondary School, don't know what happened to the third 'S' in the abbreviation, that's how I met it too.

It all eventually came down to giving honorary awards, gifts and certificates, that was when I was faced with a little problem;

'first on the list is Balogun Oluwafemi who was the head boy' the M.C called out the first name on his list.

Loud roars of applause followed suite as Oluwafemi who is simply known as 'Femi' stood up from his sit and after adjusting his well fitted D&G suit he walked to the stage with swagger and he was handed over a hand bag which I assumed contained all the necessary things then he walked back to his sit.

'another round of applause please' the M.C requested and his request was granted as the occupants of the hall clapped so vigorously like thier lives depended on it.

'Secondly, I call on Olugbemi Cynthia, the head girl of this prestigious college to come forward and take her package' and same procedure was taken.

All other captains were called before we the regular students who were 'nobody' and same procedure was followed until it got to my turn;

'Please lets give a round of applause as Odoh Michael comes forward' The M.C urged the occupants of the hall to clap for me but no one but the M.C actually clapped for me.

I looked round to make sure everyone was still alive and awake and they were;

'So why aren't this people clapping?' I asked myself and at the same time wishing the floor would just open and swallow me.

TO BE CONTINUED

2 Likes

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
Reserved.

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by yemi2plus(m): 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
Reserved
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by teewhysafe(f): 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
Frontseat tins
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2013
Front Seat#dancing Azonto#
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chinedumo(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
In my time it was just pronounced as JS and SS
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by IZUKWU(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
wink
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chinedumo(m): 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2013
AdeSuave: Front Seat#dancing Azonto#

why cant your fellow females narrate a true life story like the males are doing.

Most females are writing fiction unlike blueeyes...cant u see how 'true life' is sweet. Chai!

3 Likes

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by spaq: 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2013
*walks in with my bowl of cereal*

*reserved space*

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Sleekbaby(f): 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
Our chistar is back again, i dey follow u bumper 2 bumper
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Hadeehart101(f): 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
Wow! Another intruiging story by chistar. Am definately following. *takes a seat at the front row*
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by dryakson(m): 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
Hmm my chistar is back again.
Another eyes ache
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by okulajaadewumi(f): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
;DTeamChistar
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Trendytessy(f): 11:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
*following*

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by babyzai(f): 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
Gladly following nd highly expectant bt i knw u wnt fall my hand
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
I am here too, wherever chistars story is, i am. #Teamchistar
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by macdanny247(m): 1:43am On Aug 18, 2013
If every1 sits in the front row, who wil occupy d back... *Chistar abeg i dey back seat, hope say u get small bazz*

3 Likes

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Eniqurl(f): 7:41am On Aug 18, 2013
If u luk bck u wil c me followinq u, lehz qo dere!
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Madawaki01(m): 7:52am On Aug 18, 2013
Following
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by temiK9: 10:52am On Aug 18, 2013
*stretches legs & adjusts seat * oya, let's go there!
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by honeeyplum(f): 10:52am On Aug 18, 2013
Bookmarked!
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by smithe113(m): 12:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
Oya na....lets go dere
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Clemzy16(m): 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
"subscribing"

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Mcmooney(m): 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
chistarrr! Oya o me don port to ur next story so u beta no dull o. More strength to ur fingers as u type more updates. Na pap nd akara i use kip maself busy dey wait 4 u
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by saintbeejay: 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
space booked. And itz CHIstAR AGAIN.....#Team Sandra#

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 3:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
The inability of college students to get the actual lyrics of the anthem, doesn't quite sit well with the story...

I previously thought it was a primary school till u mentioned college...

Oh well, tis my 2 centsmiley
welldone
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Clemzy16(m): 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
princesa: The inability of college students to get the actual lyrics of the anthem, doesn't quite sit well with the story...

I previously thought it was a primary school till u mentioned college...

Oh well, tis my 2 centsmiley
welldone
"chistar was not literally referring to a university/college per say, it was a secondary school"

"my secondary school had college in its name" doesn't make it an higher institution.

"you'd be suprised to know that even in s.s.s 3, alot of student in my school then could not recite the national anthem flawlessly" most of our politicians sef no sabi am.

"you thought it was a primary school after all his descriptions: oga ooo!"

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®

3 Likes

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Therock5555(m): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
Ghost mode activated
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
Clemzy16:
"chistar was not literally referring to a university/college per say, it was a secondary school"

"my secondary school had college in its name" doesn't make it an higher institution.

"you'd be suprised to know that even in s.s.s 3, alot of student in my school then could not recite the national anthem flawlessly" most of our politicians sef no sabi am.

"you thought it was a primary school after all his descriptions: oga ooo!"

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®

yeah, i thought it was, the operative word here being 'Thought'.

Now what led to that assumption? Simple! It was the depiction of the National anthem, i believe students who have passed their primary level should be able to recite it fairly well, the only time they make caricature of it, is basically for fun. So if ur college peeps consciously still blunder the national anthem, then there really is no hope for them, and that also goes for the senators...

And yeah, am not ignorant of the fact that college and secondary mean the same thing, so that's not the point.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by simplifier(f): 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
Following

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by DazzlinPearl(f): 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
Oga chistar..chistar...chistar... #Reading#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

TAMISHO - My Story. My Life / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) / Life Of A Uam Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.