Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? (23225 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Church With Wealthy Single Ladies In Lagos? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by GOOOGLE504(m): 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
OAM4J is Gay: It's better you go with a slate like in the days of Moses.
jst follow ur heart and make sure you're HOLY.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Judas2013: 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
prince sapphire: Why do christians always see technology as element of pride or a mark of carnality?once upon a time,tv set was seen as 'devil's box' and well starched shirts as 'd attire of d proud'.for God sake d best of things are meant to be enjoyed by xtians.either on paper,tablet or phone,d bible is still a book of one edition and many versions.

Back in the days if you wore a cloth made of two different colours you will be called a sinner and condemned to hell. Now christians pose with technology grin. Look at them finding good reasons to embrace technology.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Judas2013: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
uruomo stephen: Either way you are still a slave. Cant you
spend the day with your family or do
something positive.

There re 2 thins in dis life is either u re a slave to God or u re a slave to d devil.you can conper the Bible with tablet not even tecnology pls fear God.my brother

You need to be sure there a "god" and "devil" first.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by frithom: 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
While the content of scripture is important to man, a student of the bible will prefer physical bible to underline & mark inspiring and other eye opening verses for later reference. This is the main reason why physical bible is prefered.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by ify84(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
jmoore: It is the word that matters and not the container.

Remember that the ten commandments was originally written on stone tablets and not in a book.

If you think that you can cast out demons because of the physical copy then be ready to receive the kind of beating the seven sons of Sceva got.
u said it all...
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Sunglow: 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
[quote

author=Soreza]the arsenal discussion,usher moving up and down have
nothing to do with u if rily u know ur aim of going to the church,is
totally diffrent than taking a tablet to church,estimate then to 20 yrs
from now,the bible will completely be lost and be old fashion,and tabs
everywhere,then the pastor will be like'if u come with ur tab raise it
up'evn those that cant afford will be force to own wot they dont
want[/quote].But u can buy a lap top for ur office work n also carry ur
laptop frm office to home to aid ur office work abi?but u cant buy/nor
carry a tab 2 church.lets stop deceving ourselves,as if carrying a tab 2 church is d greatest sin ever.its not a sin n whether we like it or not d e-bible has come to stay.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:05pm On Aug 18, 2013
jambogini:

Your comment is not reasonable, try to read what you wrote and think about it....
i was just joking o. Relax. Buh for church i tink normal Bible is better. When u're goin 2 other places u can use ur gadgets 2 read d Bible
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
There is no difference IF your tablet is strictly gospel related stuffs i.e it must be dedicated to the things of God alone, no worldly songs, videos,apps, etc etc as it is written, “I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.” Isaiah 42:8

“For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another.” Isaiah 48:11

failure to comply with this principle, your tablet will make you imagine vain things while the service is going on as it is written, "Why do the heathen rage, and the people IMAGINE A VAIN THING?" Psalm 2:1

Another reason there will be a big difference is because the bible is strictly gospel related, so if your tablet is not strictly gospel related, my brother, you're carrying quran.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Topeedo: 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Bro, are you talking of the same tablet that has over 200 bluefilms??

Well, the devil is not scared of your phone or table or laptop but the physical Bible is fire to his eyes.

Though, no matter where you read your Bible from if you don't work according to it's instructions its useless!!
d devil is not scared of ur paper bible either, he has read it from back to back, he knows wat is inside it even more dan u...its d word in the bible dat matter not whether its in paper or ur tablet...its ur business what u chose to do wit ur tablet...besides if u r a good christian u wont have blue films or wateva u call it in ur tablet...the devil is not scared of d paper bible in d hands of a christian dat has blue film on his tablet
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
SimonAndal:
Yes, big difference:
Going with a Bible guarantees you a first-class ticket to heaven, all expenses paid. Irrespective of whether you just räpèð a 5-year old virgin before coming.
Going with a Tablet, on the other hand, means you are a devil-worshipper that came to distract the populace, and guarantees you a one-way ticket to the inner circles of fiery damnation.
MUMU
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Yomityahzee(m): 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
Your mind is your faith.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Sunglow: 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
Judas2013:

They will be laughing at the fools who believed what they wrote
.Hmmm...it is only a fool dat says there is no God.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Sunglow: 8:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
[quote

author=Judas2013]

Back in the days if you wore a cloth made of two different colours you
will be called a sinner and condemned to hell. Now christians pose with
technology grin. Look at them finding good reasons to embrace
technology. [/quote].God is not advers to sci&techonolgy,He is God
of knowledge.so,if technolgy is one of d ways n means of spreading d gospel
so be it.u can reach more pple thru tech for christ
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
fabulousfortune: MUMU
_

Lost on you too.
Google sarcasm.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by juliuskay(m): 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
Either you carry bible or tablet, if the word of God the scripture is not in your heart u are waiting ur time. carry the word in heart and not the bible or tablet.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by ajasa4link: 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

So your Bible book does it abi ? Nonsense ! I'll stick the original inscribed-by-God 10 commandments I have_makes more sense. Not to talk of how this idiat doesn't account for how the likes of Elisha and Paul worked cast out demons and infirmities before the Bible came.
did u just call me an idio.t? mods Abeg surprise this bros
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by odeku457(m): 9:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
santakris: I also subscribe to this. It seems our people are getting it wrong.

Subscribe to a tablet in place of a bible to church or what sir?... I am confused.

Btw for the efizzy that one dey, and most pple like to keep scrpture notes on their tabs/pads. . But I will say if one is not diciplined you will get carried away on or distracted in the church!

If the pastor is in d spirit an say put ur bible in the part of your body that u want healling and you are with Ipad4 tell what u will do?

Moreso you can't cast out demons with an ipad lailai.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by adconline(m): 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Same thing, but the only thing worse, is collective ignorance. Folks who oppose tablets are bunch of hypocrites who buy fancy cars instead on chariots, Suits instead of hides and skin, jets instead of donkeys.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Anuoluwap(m): 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2013
Don't worry, when evil spirits known as 'ogbanje spirits' come to confront you, you should also strike back with your tablet bible. Omo devil go just dey dance limpopo for your head oh!
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by linearity: 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
Christians should also take advantage of electronics and technology to further their spiritual well being...

I take my iPad loaded with my Bible to Church every day...

I find it very convenient...It comes with many versions, and I can switch between version within seconds, this keep me in step with the Bible passages in Church and the preacher because our church invites many preachers and they all do not come with KJV...but whichever version the Preacher have, I am there.

Plus, I also can flip to Matthew Henry Commentary, Strong's Concordance, Bible Maps Collections, Adam Clark Commentary, Cross References, Wesley's Explanatory Notes, Nave's Topical Bible, Geneva Study Bible, etc and many many more study materials and do more instant in-dept study about the verse or passage the Preacher is expatiating on...plus, you can click to the Hebrew/Greek Interlinear and instantly appreciate the meaning of the origin/root Hebrew or Greek word the Preacher is talking about.

On top of these, this Bible is also Audio.....easy to set it up by your Bed side as it reads the word of God to saturate your mind each night as you float into sleep...

Those of you that have done in-dept Bible study and are familiar with all the above study materials will understand the volume we are talking about physically and the share effort it will take to take them with you from place to place...

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by linearity: 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
Anuoluwap: Don't worry, when evil spirits known as 'ogbanje spirits' come to confront you, you should also strike back with your tablet bible. Omo devil go just dey dance limpopo for your head oh!

At the mention of the name of Jesus, every kneel shall bow...not at the strike of the Bible...Paul, Peter and the early apostles do not have Bibles....and Jesus was not carrying the Bible with him..but he said...greater things shall you do..

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by ceejayluv(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
tyrese224: u wan go do show,admit it
Show wetin na? Which kind poor mentality be this sef??
Tablets are even far cheaper than some smartphones now. It's like someone driving his multi-million Naira car to church, do you call that "posing"??.. don't people wear their best outfits to church as per "Sunday best"...?
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Anuoluwap(m): 11:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
linearity:

At the mention of the name of Jesus, every kneel shall bow...not at the strike of the Bible...Paul, Peter and the early apostles do not have Bibles....and Jesus was not carrying the Bible with him..but he said...greater things shall you do..
lol. Dnt compare Peter and Paul with christians of today. Actually does that u mentioned were the bible themselves. And mind you, you can't compare the then faith to 2days' . Even pastors mak use of bible when confronted at times. But seriously I prefer my 'Bible as a whole' to go with me to church. I bet you've heard stories about Bibles in fire bt not burning - that's the power! U cant expect ur tablet to withstand a fire coz its got Bible installed in it, HELL NO!. I only prefer the bible installed in devices coz i can do with it anywhere I go bt not in church(habatically).
Do you even know the secret behind the computers? Omo devil dey sell oh. Bt chill guy just kidding abt dat. *smiles*
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by micath09(m): 11:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
I'm glad to have served in the U.S Military. However, I'm yet to see us replacing the use of a gun to a drone. Though a drone can strike with accurate precision, but its use can never equate that of an MP 16. With all respect to technology, the magic in a printed materials can hardly be rivaled.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by linearity: 11:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
Presidency25: There is no difference IF your tablet is strictly gospel related stuffs i.e it must be dedicated to the things of God alone, no worldly songs, videos,apps, etc etc as it is written, “I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.” Isaiah 42:8

“For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another.” Isaiah 48:11

failure to comply with this principle, your tablet will make you imagine vain things while the service is going on as it is written, "Why do the heathen rage, and the people IMAGINE A VAIN THING?" Psalm 2:1

Another reason there will be a big difference is because the bible is strictly gospel related, so if your tablet is not strictly gospel related, my brother, you're carrying quran.

You make sound as if "worldly' apps, songs, videos, etc are only offense to God when installed in a tablet that doubles as a Bible....

These days am lost at what pass for "worldly" apps, eg I have the following apps on my iPad...Lastpass, Forex, Youtube, Ezeye, Bible, Holy Bible, Google Earth, Maps, Netflix, Music, iTunes, facetime, Videos, etc, etc....which of those apps are "worldly" apps?
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by obeki: 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
the word originally was on tablet....stone tablets......tablet is tablet
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 19, 2013
micath09: I'm glad to have served in the U.S Military. However, I'm yet to see us replacing the use of a gun to a drone. Though a drone can strike with accurate precision, but its use can never equate that of an MP 16. With all respect to technology, the magic in a printed materials can hardly be rivaled.
oga soldier wats ur point??
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Elijah348(m): 1:19am On Aug 19, 2013
ajasa4link: no matter the version of Bible in ur iPad,u can never use it to cast out the devil

sorry buh i think its not the type of bible that casts out the devil buh your faith.
nd by the wai i think its a bad idea cos its no diff frm visiting your gf when she's all alone @ home.....
*runs after joy before seun catches her*
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 19, 2013
Satan purposefully introduced this system to further win souls to his kingdom because Since the introduction of "going to church with tablet" 80 percent of Christians are now scared or ashamed of carrying/displaying their bibles in public so that their friends or neighbours won't know they are going to church.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Donald7610: 7:12am On Aug 19, 2013
Check out Pastor Adeboye on Android Tablet
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ng.com.graystone.iopenheavens

Android Tablet with sim card (glo mtn,airtel Etisat)Just 16,000 Naira
ROM (GB)4
Display Size (in)7
Description: Model NO.: Android Tab Screen Type: Capacitive Screen Operating System: Android 4.0.4 Screen Size: 7"
Webcam: Dual Webcam
Memory: 512MB
Microphone: Built-in Microphone
GSM sim card Network : Mtn, glo, Airtel & Etisalat
WiFi: Wifi
Bluetooth: Bluetooth
CPU Core: Single-Core
Card Reader: TF card
USB: usb flash
Memory Capacity: 4G
CPU Type: Via
Size: 7′′
Make Gsm call: Yes
24hrs money back guarantee

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by ARareGem(f): 7:24am On Aug 19, 2013
Presidency25: Satan purposefully introduced this system to further win souls to his kingdom because Since the introduction of "going to church with tablet" 80 percent of Christians are now scared or ashamed of carrying/displaying their bibles in public so that their friends or neighbours won't know they are going to church.

Which 80%?? If there are Christians around you who are ashamed of going to church just because they have their Bible in hardcopy, know that they have misplaced priorities! Must everyone take a tablet to Church- na competition?

@ OP, I prefer having the hardcopy in church. After the service is over, you can do further indepth study on what the pastor taught on your tablet, iPad, iPhone and the likes. You would miss out on what the pastor is saying if you decide to do an elaborate study there and then while the service is on. This is just my preference. It should be whatever works for you, but try making a selfless decision-if you know what I mean.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"My Hero": Lizzy Johnson Suleman Releases Love Song For Apostle Suleman (Video) / Budget Parts Of Your Offerings To Feed Poor, Unemployed– Kumuyi tells Christians / 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.