Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? (23210 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Church With Wealthy Single Ladies In Lagos? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 20, 2013
it depends, you can go with sleeping pill if the sermon is dry, or panadol if you have headache or maybe anti malaria if mosquitoes are there, or like me you can go with nothing if you beleive in miracles
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by SenatorJames(m): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2013
In other to avoid unneccessary argument. There is no difference in paper and electronic bible, both are not the original form of the word of God, they are product of technology. The difference will now be the user, the bible says "Abide in me and let my word abide in you". If you have any of these bible and you dont study it, meditate in it and obey it. It wil stil be useless. "not the hearer nor the speaker will be justified but the doer of the word"

MY STAND: You have to know that no technology is perfect, it is more advisable to go to church with paper bible to avoid been distracted during service by other functions on the tablet (Facebook, other sites etc) and use tablets for your personal study at home or offices.

Lastly, some christians are always ashame to carry bible openly, that is why they will just put new testament in their back pocket. they will now hide under technology to be safe
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
kimco:
That is the crap we christian spew these days to justify God-knows-what. This is utter bull really. Why do we have to drammatize everything about us. Just like the other obvious lies people call testimonies to make God look good, which usually backfires and makes him look bad instead. John milton in his poem, ''on his blindness'' stated that whether we believe him or not, whether we worship him or not, God is God. God himself says that if we do not worship him, he'll raise the stones etc to do so......''for whether we worship him or not, God is God''.

so what is ur point?
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by numen(m): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lord_Reed:

The word of God in your head that resides with all the other rubbish you absorb right?

Stop being over religious.
Ecclesiastes 7:16
New International Version
Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise-- why destroy yourself?

If you read my post well, I said "I am not a Saint". So for the purpose of clarity and for the benefit of those with Pentium 33Hz brains..."I am not a Saint. I am a sinner. But I love God beyond the word Love and I try to make amends for my wrongs"

Also in my post I said "If you can't memorize, carry paper bible"

You conveniently left the Paper Bible I recommended and started suggesting that my head is full of distractions like the tablets we carry.

If you had a Core 2 Duo or i7 processor in your brain, you would have not written what you wrote. You even qouted a bible verse for me, implying I claim to be more righteous and wiser than others. A claim I don't know where and how I claimed.

You're simply a HYPOCRITE. Your type are the ones who conspired and crucified Jesus when he was on earth.

Please JUDGE yourself and QUOTE bible for yourself FIRST before you judge or quote for others.

NB: Lest I forget...I don't destroy myself. I uplift myself in my Lord Jesus Christ. If you do destroy yourself...well I guess you're a grown up and you've chosen your path. Congrats on destroying yourself.

God bless you #endOfDiscussion
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by LordReed(m): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
numen:

If you read my post well, I said "I am not a Saint". So for the purpose of clarity and for the benefit of those with Pentium 33Hz brains..."I am not a Saint. I am a sinner. But I love God beyond the word Love and I try to make amends for my wrongs"

Also in my post I said "If you can't memorize, carry paper bible"

You conveniently left the Paper Bible I recommended and started suggesting that my head is full of distractions like the tablets we carry.

If you had a Core 2 Duo or i7 processor in your brain, you would have not written what you wrote. You even qouted a bible verse for me, implying I claim to be more righteous and wiser than others. A claim I don't know where and how I claimed.

You're simply a HYPOCRITE. Your type are the ones who conspired and crucified Jesus when he was on earth.

Please JUDGE yourself and QUOTE bible for yourself FIRST before you judge or quote for others.

NB: Lest I forget...I don't destroy myself. I uplift myself in my Lord Jesus Christ. If you do destroy yourself...well I guess you're a grown up and you've chosen your path. Congrats on destroying yourself.

God bless you #endOfDiscussion

And the Jesus you uplift yourself in taught you to insult people who stand up to your bullsh*t right? My friend you proved yourself over righteous when you said that the paper bible is more efficacious than an electronic one, I've never heard such bullcrap before. Is the bible a talisman that contains more power in paper form? Do people not get distracted by their thoughts while in service supposedly listening to the word of God?

You are indeed a sinner and tormented by your inability to see the real grace of God. You need help.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by numen(m): 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
Lord_Reed:

And the Jesus you uplift yourself in taught you to insult people who stand up to your bullsh*t right? My friend you proved yourself over righteous when you said that the paper bible is more efficacious than an electronic one, I've never heard such bullcrap before. Is the bible a talisman that contains more power in paper form? Do people not get distracted by their thoughts while in service supposedly listening to the word of God?

You are indeed a sinner and tormented by your inability to see the real grace of God. You need help.

Whether you like it or not, you're a Pharisee. Keep rambling, cos that all you can do. Waiting for your next unintelligent and narcissistic reply. lord of Hypocrisy grin grin grin #onToTheNext+veThing
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by LordReed(m): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
numen:

Whether you like it or not, you're a Pharisee. Keep rambling, cos that all you can do. Waiting for your next unintelligent and narcissistic reply. lord of Hypocrisy grin grin grin #onToTheNext+veThing

LoL! With every reply you give you show your true self. You are not a follower of Jesus, you just pay lip service. My dear person I pray you discover the true grace of God and depart from self righteousness.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by escavros: 12:01am On Aug 22, 2013
Going to church with an iPad or note isn't a bad thing, but the distraction it could bring you is not worth the trouble.
When you rise up to pray or worship, would you concentrate on the worship with eyes closed and hands raised, leaving your iPad or the like on your seat to be nicked?

If you do not connect with the Lord in service during praise and worship, I believe it totally defeats the purpose of coming to service in the first place

So my dear friend, leave the obstacles at home for your other personal use and take a paper bible which you could mark and reference in case you have to pick it months later for reference.
god bless you with wisdom and humility as he exhales you in Jesus holy name.
Amen
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by LordReed(m): 7:15am On Aug 22, 2013
escavros: Going to church with an iPad or note isn't a bad thing, but the distraction it could bring you is not worth the trouble.
When you rise up to pray or worship, would you concentrate on the worship with eyes closed and hands raised, leaving your iPad or the like on your seat to be nicked?

If you do not connect with the Lord in service during praise and worship, I believe it totally defeats the purpose of coming to service in the first place

So my dear friend, leave the obstacles at home for your other personal use and take a paper bible which you could mark and reference in case you have to pick it months later for reference.
god bless you with wisdom and humility as he exhales you in Jesus holy name.
Amen

A better reasoning but then you'd have to ask yourself several questions like why are there thieves in church, should ladies also leave their bags at home for fear of thievery? And your car parked outside it could be stolen too.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by escavros: 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lord_Reed:

A better reasoning but then you'd have to ask yourself several questions like why are there thieves in church, should ladies also leave their bags at home for fear of thievery? And your car parked outside it could be stolen too.

Amongst the 12 diciples was a judas, Cars can be stolen (but rarely), and ladies are adviced to keep their bags zipped and close while in church, but Ipad's could be more easily nicked by ladies, guys or kids.

They are a good tool in church I agree, but I believe if you want to read up other versions and stuff, write them on a book and reference the scriptures in your bible study when you get home.
While in Church, pay full attention as I believe doing any other thing but paying attention in church is a mark of disrespect to the God you so call Lord and master.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by LordReed(m): 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
escavros:

Amongst the 12 diciples was a judas, Cars can be stolen (but rarely), and ladies are adviced to keep their bags zipped and close while in church, but Ipad's could be more easily nicked by ladies, guys or kids.

They are a good tool in church I agree, but I believe if you want to read up other versions and stuff, write them on a book and reference the scriptures in your bible study when you get home.
While in Church, pay full attention as I believe doing any other thing but paying attention in church is a mark of disrespect to the God you so call Lord and master.

My point is I don't see how a tablet is any more distractive than the 1001 things that already distract people. What distracts people the most are not even visible things or even things within their environment; there's the mother thinking of how to prepare lunch, the father thinking of how to make money for the family not to talk of those distracted by female forms and what the other person is wearing or not wearing. In essence what I am saying is outward form can never by more important than inward. As a man thinks so is he, distraction starts in the mind. I put off my phones while in church so why can't a tablet user put off his/her data while in church, concentrating on using the bible and listen/participating in the service?

As I earlier noted the inward is more important than the outward however what is inward will surely be displayed outward. A person who will be distracted doesn't need a tablet to do the job so too a person who won't be distracted won't be distracted by a tablet.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by escavros: 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lord_Reed:
As I earlier noted the inward is more important than the outward however what is inward will surely be displayed outward. A person who will be distracted doesn't need a tablet to do the job so too a person who won't be distracted won't be distracted by a tablet.

You are right, but the poster seems abit bothered and needs help to move forward.
I'm not arguing points here, I'l encourage him to focus on building his faith by focusing on building his relationship and leaving the trivial things like carrying an Ipad or not.
When he caeses to consider wheteher to take an ipad or not, he'l be in a more mature spiritual state to handle it as a distraction.
A closer walk with Jesus is all I encourage especialy for people like us who are making a concious effort to make it into heaven.
May God help you as you encourage others too in Jesus holy name
Amen.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by seunbridget: 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
On mercy johnson child birth wooooow is kul meeen
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by seunbridget: 4:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Goin 2 church wt tablet instead of bible,?? Is one of d sign of d end time of d world. am nt sayn u havn tablet is wrong o. Jesus use tablet when HIM dey d world??
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by ceejayluv(m): 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
seun bridget: Goin 2 church wt tablet instead of bible,?? Is one of d sign of d end time of d world. am nt sayn u havn tablet is wrong o. Jesus use tablet when HIM dey d world??
He used a scroll to read verses while at the synagogue. They hadn't invented paper and printing press yet. using your logic, reading the Bible from paper book is a sign of end time as well. I dey laugh you.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by babseg(m): 12:51am On Aug 25, 2013
seun bridget: Goin 2 church wt tablet instead of bible,?? Is one of d sign of d end time of d world. am nt sayn u havn tablet is wrong o. Jesus use tablet when HIM dey d world??

Pls keep quiet. If Jesus will be giving birth to now he will definitely use tablet.

And if now was 2000 years ago we will definitely use scrolls.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by woletoys: 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
Youngzedd: Good morning and happy Sunday to all.

I have been wondering going to church with my tablet instead of physical bible. Although I haven't tried it for once.

Now, I wanted to ask if Physical bible and bible in tablet equals the same, as in powers and miracles?

Your contribution pls.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by addictiv(m): 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2013
Pls. I need a bible app I can listen to on android. Most bible apps require internet connection to open. I need the one that doesn't use internet.
Thanks
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by toygod2: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
hmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mubarak Bala, Pleads Guilty To Blasphemy, sentenced to 24 years imprisonment / There's More Than One Jesus In Bible According To Bible / How I Ended Up As A Mathematics Professor - Pastor Enoch Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.