Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

All About C-band Lnb Installation - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About C-band Lnb Installation (36351 Views)

Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) / 3 On 1 Lnb On 90cm / C Band Lnb Skew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 8:28am On Aug 18, 2013
Hello guys.

Because of the outcry for information on c-band lnb installation on dishes, i've decided to create this thread. Because of the numerous pages already on the other threads treating this topic, some are finding it difficult to sift through the data to get what they want.

So lets go there.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 8:28am On Aug 18, 2013
First, lets deal with dishes of 1.8m and above.

Using a c band lnb on a big dish greatly multiplies the number of channels at ones disposal. So for people with this dishes, adding a C-band to your ku and also motorising it is of great advantage.

To kick off (assuming your dish is already assembled), get out your Lnb from the pack. you'll also find a a piece of fiber glass included inside the box. This is called the ''dielectric''. This is always inserted inside the mouth of the C-Band lnb especially if you are tracking ''circular'' signals.

''Linear'' signals in C-band are signals that have ''v'' or ''H'' as their polarization. Even Ku signals are ''linear'' signals. And as u would have noticed with ur ku signals, doesn't need the insertion of the dielectric inside the throat of the lnb. Eg is intelsat 20 C-band signals.

Whereas the signals with ''R'' or ''L'' polarization are known as circular signals/polarization and requires the insertion of the dielectric.

These are linear and circular signals.

And this is a pix of a dielectric inside a C-Band lnb.
[img]http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFxAWqXxKsKldpoiqKQjFPIt5OLF2mSdhE7O_GZBh72h5Snr4dW-a8OxM[/img]

And for the records;

''V'' = ''R''
''H'' = ''L''

Also included in the pack is a ''scalar ring'' this is use to hold the lnb in place
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 8:30am On Aug 18, 2013
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 8:30am On Aug 18, 2013
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by freshp(m): 9:24am On Aug 18, 2013
olenyi: Hello guys.

Because of the outcry for information on c-band lnb installation on dishes, i've decided to create this thread. Because of the numerous pages already on the other threads treating this topic, some are finding it difficult to sift through the data to get what they want.

So lets go there.

Regards.
Now nobody will come asking for solutions ooo, only for them to spamming various threads...good job olenyi
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by satmaniac(m): 9:57am On Aug 18, 2013
Thank u for d thread @olenyi!
Though i have a question on d c band with d most of movies or should I say intresting stuff.
I have 1.8m dish nd in kogi state.
Expecting ur generous reply.
@freshp ur help is highly needed.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Omoakin5(m): 10:37am On Aug 18, 2013
Tank u my boss 4 creatting dis trend tank u.pls i hav 2.4m dish nd strong lmb.sumone hav help me to track aljazera ku-band but i nid c-band channel dat i can use wit my mbc nd pics wil be appreciate.tank u
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 11:15am On Aug 18, 2013
Omoakin5: Tank u my boss 4 creatting dis trend tank u.pls i hav 2.4m dish nd strong lmb.sumone hav help me to track aljazera ku-band but i nid c-band channel dat i can use wit my mbc nd pics wil be appreciate.tank u

Is ur dish motorized? Kindly upload a pixo of ur dish let me see. We'll take it from there.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Omoakin5(m): 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
olenyi:

Is ur dish motorized? Kindly upload a pixo of ur dish let me see. We'll take it from there.

Regards.
my dish is not motorized nd am using strong dish 2.4 wit strong cband lmb.tank u
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by williams85(m): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
nice job @olenyi
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
Omoakin5: my dish is not motorized nd am using strong dish 2.4 wit strong cband lmb.tank u

Now that is going to limit your use of the dish. Though I don't have a pix for u, you could attach your C-Band lnb above your ku lnb and a little to the right on a flat iron bar of about 6 - 10 inches to the ku lnb holder and pick cnn signals with 3983 V 25000 (that is if u're not already getting it on ur nilesat).
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Omoakin5(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
olenyi:

Now that is going to limit your use of the dish. Though I don't have a pix for u, you could attach your C-Band lnb above your ku lnb and a little to the right on a flat iron bar of about 6 - 10 inches to the ku lnb holder and pick cnn signals with 3983 V 25000 (that is if u're not already getting it on ur nilesat).
it is only cnn channel only or wat other channel can i get on it.tank 4 ur respond
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Easy023(m): 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
Tnk u @ olenyi for creating dis thread. PLS is dia any c-band satellite 1 cn track wt 90cm dish in south-west Nigeria.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Bowofola213: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2013
How much is c-band lnb
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
Easy023: Tnk u @ olenyi for creating dis thread. PLS is dia any c-band satellite 1 cn track wt 90cm dish in south-west Nigeria.

Their's a whole lot of them. The problem is if u would be able to get a C-Band lnb holder for 90cm.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
Bowofola213: How much is c-band lnb

#2000 - #2500. Depends on location.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
Omoakin5: it is only cnn channel only or wat other channel can i get on it.tank 4 ur respond

Mostly cnn.

http://www.flysat.com/nss7.php

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by satmaniac(m): 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
satmaniac: Thank u for d thread @olenyi!
Though i have a question on d c band with d most of movies or should I say intresting stuff.
stil expectn @olenyi
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by segxes23(m): 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
@olenyi:so c-band lnb holder is d problem?
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 9:59pm On Aug 19, 2013
segxes23: @olenyi:so c-band lnb holder is d problem?

For 90cm, yes.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
satmaniac: Thank u for d thread @olenyi!

Now this is what u need to do.

1) check out this site

http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php

2) click on the sat's u see dia. (some are designated as ''ku'', ''c'' or ''ku/c'' band. So if u're looking for C-Band sat's/channels, u click on the ones with ''c''.

3) when the sat u clicked opens with its channel lists, in other to find out if it can be receivable in ur location, u click on the ''beam''. Several maps of the sat beams will be displayed. Then look for the beam map that is carrying the channel u're looking for. If it covers ur area, then u're good to go.

U also get to know if the channel is transmitted on mpeg2 or mpeg4 or HD.

The screenshot's below helps to illustrate this.

Regards.

1 Share

Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by pboy2buzy(m): 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is my set up 4 c-band and ku-band......but am unable 2 receive c-band satellites(only 68.5)...and am unable 2 receive eultesat 16'e...but I do receive amos 5,eutelsal 17'e....pls help....I stay in benin city

Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by pboy2buzy(m): 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
Continuation.......

Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by pboy2buzy(m): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
That's d dish facing intelsat 68.5'e
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by agitator: 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
your C-band is not connected wink from the pix its standalone no cables connected to the lnb
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by pboy2buzy(m): 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
agitator: your C-band is not connected wink from the pix its standalone no cables connected to the lnb

I disconnected d c-band since I cudnt maximize d use,av got my disecq wit me
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Easy023(m): 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
olenyi:

Their's a whole lot of them. The problem is if u would be able to get a C-Band lnb holder for 90cm.

Regards.
Cn u pls tell me some of them incase i gt d lnb holder.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
pboy2buzy: That's d dish facing intelsat 68.5'e

Have u considered that the C-Band lnb could have gone bad? That a major possibility. If possible for u, try changing the lnb. (hope the dielectric is still intact).

Also ur dish, do u get ku stations in the west like nss7? What ur percentage? And also on intelsat 20ku (68'e) what's ur percentage?

Kindly answer all the above questions pls. This is to enable me diagnose what exactly could be the problem.

Lets get ur C-Band working once more. smiley

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by satmaniac(m): 12:22am On Aug 21, 2013
thank u very much @oleny! U re d man! I will check flysat as u advice. Thank once again.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by pboy2buzy(m): 2:42am On Aug 21, 2013
olenyi:

Have u considered that the C-Band lnb could have gone bad? That a major possibility. If possible for u, try changing the lnb. (hope the dielectric is still intact).

Also ur dish, do u get ku stations in the west like nss7? What ur percentage? And also on intelsat 20ku (68'e) what's ur percentage?

Kindly answer all the above questions pls. This is to enable me diagnose what exactly could be the problem.

Lets get ur C-Band working once more. smiley

Regards.

My c-band is workin perfectly(confirmd).....but d diaelectric is not intact,thinkin of improvising wen am abt2 start usin d c-band

I do receive west channels in my ku band...nss22'w(LC2 nd others)-72%....I don't receive intelsat 20(68'e)

This is what I currently receive....intelsal(68.5'E)(ctl africa and church channel)----58%....but mytv channels don't pop up(v changed d sr),don't knw y.

Eutelsat36'e(a lot of dstv channels,but rdv,setanta don't pop out)..d only fta I have here is cctv and some few others not up to 5.signal quality---60%

Multi tv-----81%(tho it skips a lot)...I don't receive bard5

Amos 5(but I usually get mine at amos2,3(4'W))..I receive a lot of channels here (ait,mega sport and 17'E channels)....signal strength has increased frm 33-40% to 72% of late

Sirus4--i receve a lot of channels(excluding etv aldehyde)....siganal 4 d rest channels is picked at 60%

Nss7(22'W,LC2)----72--78%.........that's all I receive for now,but I usually receive 16'E and ab7(aljazera and co) before now,but not anymore..........thanks in anticipation
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 7:03am On Aug 21, 2013
pboy2buzy:

My c-band is workin perfectly(confirmd).....but d diaelectric is not intact,thinkin of improvising wen am abt2 start usin d c-band

I do receive west channels in my ku band...nss22'w(LC2 nd others)-72%....I don't receive intelsat 20(68'e)

This is what I currently receive....intelsal(68.5'E)(ctl africa and church channel)----58%....but mytv channels don't pop up(v changed d sr),don't knw y.

Eutelsat36'e(a lot of dstv channels,but rdv,setanta don't pop out)..d only fta I have here is cctv and some few others not up to 5.signal quality---60%

Multi tv-----81%(tho it skips a lot)...I don't receive bard5

Amos 5(but I usually get mine at amos2,3(4'W))..I receive a lot of channels here (ait,mega sport and 17'E channels)....signal strength has increased frm 33-40% to 72% of late

Sirus4--i receve a lot of channels(excluding etv aldehyde)....siganal 4 d rest channels is picked at 60%

Nss7(22'W,LC2)----72--78%.........that's all I receive for now,but I usually receive 16'E and ab7(aljazera and co) before now,but not anymore..........thanks in anticipation

Your not picking intelsat 20 ku (by the way intelsat 20 ku is same as the intelsat where u're picking those CTL channels) show there is a little problem in the dish alignment or ur ku lnb is not properly set in position.

That will also be the reason you're not picking those free channels on Dstv position.

Also, except the dielectric got missing after u stopped /disconnected the C-Band lnb, this could also have hindered it from working properly.

Now this is what we do. Look for that dielectric. Or get an ''alumaco glass''. Cut it to the size of the lost dielectric so as to fit into the lnb. Insert it as the dielectric was before.

Rotate the lnb so that the block side is at 7.o'clock when u are in front of the dish and the dish is facing east.

Now loosen the jack and put to one side. Input this freq into ur rx 3642 V 8545. Use intelsat 902 on ur rx or any other C-Band sat. (i believe u should have ur tv outside by now)

Standing on a platform under the dish, raise the dish slightly up and down. (u should have ur eyes on the ''signal strength'' bar. When u see a slight change in the number, then know u're near ur sought after signal. So slow down and play around the position until u pick it)

If u pick it, try fine tuning the signal to the highest possible. (remember not to use Diseqc yet but to connect direct to rx).

When this is done, input this freq on the same sat as ur (2) second freq ; 3983 V 25000. (this is for cnn).

Now rotate ur dish to the west until u get to the former position where u get Aljazeera. Now slowly continue downwards towards the west still to see if u would hit green still. (remember the trick of the signal bar)

Now that u know our two reference points (the essence is that if we could get intelsat 902 east and nss7 west, then we would have succeeded in having a dish that can track all the sat's possible from east to west on the ''clerks belt''.

If for u don't get these,
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Easy023(m): 6:19am On Aug 22, 2013
Easy023: Cn u pls tell me some of them incase i gt d lnb holder.
still waiting o oga olenyi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ctl Rocks For Now / Redline Satellite Receivers / 68.5 Degree East Or Pass 7/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.