Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) (45266 Views)

Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb)? Which Combination Is Possible On this? / 3 On 1 Lnb On 90cm / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by ezo4fta(m): 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
Gone are the days of using ropes and other materials to tie 2 lnbs together on one dish,either to receive Dstv and Multi-tv or Multi-tv and Amos 5.
Since the advent of multi lnbf, it is now convenient to receive Dstv and Multi-tv or Multi-tv and Amos 5 together on one dish. The setup is so neat,and also,easy to use.

Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
ezo4fta: Gone are the days of using ropes and other materials to tie 2 lnbs together on one dish,either to receive Dstv and Multi-tv or Multi-tv and Amos 5.
Since the advent of multi lnbf, it is now convenient to receive Dstv and Multi-tv or Multi-tv and Amos 5 together on one dish. The setup is so neat,and also,easy to use.
Nice one. so thoughtful of you

Take a look at the below picture, do you need to adjust the lnb or once you fix assuming the dish is set at Multi tv the above 2 lnb will automatically pick dstv without a need to shift the other lnb up or down

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1321599_IMG-20130921-00049_jpga43433aff0cbda897091f89acf6d96a9[/img]
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by pofolo(m): 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
AFTERNOON all,
after the 2-dual lnb was brought to my attention earlier, i had to go dig deep about it.
in ibadan here, we have the stargold and discovery and they both goes for #1800 in ogunpa and oke-padre.
it has a space adjustment of 37mm apart.

on installation, once you hit green on the pry satelite, all you have to do next is input the next tp parameters and then try adjusting the space adjustment and proper skewing...

i have seen 36east ( w4 ) and multi tv ( 28east) combination.
lets try out the dreaded w3a 7east and ses5 sirius-4.8east, this might actually be the breakthrough we seek for the difficulty of trade-off on a single lnb.

trying out multi tv + amos5\w3a could be possible
and all posible satelites within 37mm apart.

1 Share

Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by ezo4fta(m): 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
toba:
Nice one. so thoughtful of you

Take a look at the below picture, do you need to adjust the lnb or once you fix assuming the dish is set at Multi tv the above 2 lnb will automatically pick dstv without a need to shift the other lnb up or down

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1321599_IMG-20130921-00049_jpga43433aff0cbda897091f89acf6d96a9[/img]
assuming the dish is facing multi-tv, u will use the down lnb for multi-tv and the upper lnb for Dstv by raising it until it turns green den u tighten it. Very easy bro.

1 Like

Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by ezo4fta(m): 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
pofolo: AFTERNOON all,
after the 2-dual lnb was brought to my attention earlier, i had to go dig deep about it.
in ibadan here, we have the stargold and discovery and they both goes for #1800 in ogunpa and oke-padre.
it has a space adjustment of 37mm apart.

on installation, once you hit green on the pry satelite, all you have to do next is input the next tp parameters and then try adjusting the space adjustment and proper skewing...

i have seen 36east ( w4 ) and multi tv ( 28east) combination.
lets try out the dreaded w3a 7east and ses5 sirius-4.8east, this might actually be the breakthrough we seek for the difficulty of trade-off on a single lnb.

trying out multi tv + amos5\w3a could be possible
and all posible satelites within 37mm apart.
Thanks bro.. that is the spirit..that is why we are all here,to learn frm each other...pls if u use d multi lnb for w3a and ses 5...pls don't forget to share wit d house.
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by pofolo(m): 10:43am On Sep 25, 2013
LESSON 101 ON 2-IN-1 LND INSTALLATION. A CASE NOTE OF MULTI TV(pry) and W7 DSTV ( secondary)

1 . Couple,arrange and mount the dish.
2. set the frequency of multi tv on 12522 v\h 19531 and then track ( primary ).
3. after hitting green on multi tv, set w7 frequency on 12245 h\v 27500.
4. remove cable from the pry lnb port and screw into the secondry lnb.
5. adjust the lnd upward ( elevation) and turn it sides ways .i.e right and left ( skewness ), until you hit green.
6. tightened the 2 screws that allows you to adjust the secondary lnb.
7. check the pry lnb ( multi tv ), to still see that its still hitting green.
8 tightened your work, and set the disecq on if necessary...................................
HOPES THIS HELPS.
ATTACHED IS A SKETCH
VIVA FTA.

NOTE: you can also use the above technique to track multi tv and amos5.
just that AMOS5 becomes the pry ,while multi tv becomes the secondary.
happy hunting.

2 Likes

Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by trek4000: 11:46am On Sep 25, 2013
Can i track intelsat 20 and intelsat 17 using the multi lnb?
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by ezo4fta(m): 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
pofolo: LESSON 101 ON 2-IN-1 LND INSTALLATION. A CASE NOTE OF MULTI TV(pry) and W7 DSTV ( secondary)

1 . Couple,arrange and mount the dish.
2. set the frequency of multi tv on 12522 v\h 19531 and then track ( primary ).
3. after hitting green on multi tv, set w7 frequency on 12245 h\v 27500.
4. remove cable from the pry lnb port and screw into the secondry lnb.
5. adjust the lnd upward ( elevation) and turn it sides ways .i.e right and left ( skewness ), until you hit green.
6. tightened the 2 screws that allows you to adjust the secondary lnb.
7. check the pry lnb ( multi tv ), to still see that its still hitting green.
8 tightened your work, and set the disecq on if necessary...................................
HOPES THIS HELPS.
ATTACHED IS A SKETCH
VIVA FTA.

NOTE: you can also use the above technique to track multi tv and amos5.
just that AMOS5 becomes the pry ,while multi tv becomes the secondary.
happy hunting.
Nice one bro. U hv done justice to it...keep it coming.
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
niceone guys. The only but i have lies in the fact that you cannot do a clockwise or anticlockwise tweaking of the LNB. i.e turning the Lnb to say 1pm, 2pm, 3pm or 6pm like can be done on a single lnbf.

Meaning Lnbf can only move in horizontal position as against vertical position side way and not up/down

I may be wrong though

1 Like

Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by pofolo(m): 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
@ toba,
once you track the primary, you might not necessarily tightened the pry lnb holder to allow it to be skewed. this is majorly needed if the dish isnt properly mounted ( straightly) if there's anything like that, or the topography or slope of the building or area.
the skewness per say takes effect on the primary lnb neck, but decides the signal strenght on both pry and secondry signal, and thats the reason to double check the pry again after hitting green on secondary.
the trade-off point determines where it best suits both lnb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by ezo4fta(m): 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
pofolo: @ toba,
once you track the primary, you might not necessarily tightened the pry lnb holder to allow it to be skewed. this is majorly needed if the dish isnt properly mounted ( straightly) if there's anything like that, or the topography or slope of the building or area.
the skewness per say takes effect on the primary lnb neck, but decides the signal strenght on both pry and secondry signal, and thats the reason to double check the pry again after hitting green on secondary.
u ar on point. Am using the multi lnb on my 90cm dish wit multi-tv as the primary and dstv as secondary and the quality is as follow: multi-tv 91% and Dstv 81%.

2 Likes

Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
pofolo: @ toba,
i quite agree with you. I'm having same challenge at home presently and it may be due to what u posted above as regards proper aligning on straight plain

The Lnbf on my 90cm dish for Amos 5 would not bring out any channel unless the it is positioned at 12am or 12pm. i.e the cable plug in hole would have to be facing the sky at 12.00 position.

If i were to use the dual lnbf with my current setting, it would certainly not work
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by pofolo(m): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
ezo4fta: u ar on point. Am using the multi lnb on my 90cm dish wit multi-tv as the primary and dstv as secondary and the quality is as follow: multi-tv 91% and Dstv 81%.
can you please post the pics from the back and front of the dish with the lnb to give a sketch diagram to show skewness and how the 'clocks' come in.

viva fta.
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by ezo4fta(m): 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
pofolo:
can you please post the pics from the back and front of the dish with the lnb to give a sketch diagram to show skewness and how the 'clocks' come in.

viva fta.
I can't do dat at the moment but promise to post it when I hv the time. Thanks
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 01, 2013
ezo4fta: I can't do dat at the moment but promise to post it when I hv the time. Thanks
waiting
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by ezo4fta(m): 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
pofolo:

viva fta.
this is the pics for dstv and multi tv...note multi tv is the reference point and uses the down lnb while the upper lnb is for dstv...sorry for not posting the pics early cos I was quite busy..thanks

1 Like

Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 03, 2013
ezo4fta: this is the pics for dstv and multi tv...note multi tv is the reference point and uses the down lnb while the upper lnb is for dstv...sorry for not posting the pics early cos I was quite busy..thanks
morning. I want to ask a question.

what position is the Lnb facing as in clock wise? if it 3.00 9.00 10 .00 clock. I know that both Lmb would have to be facing the same side

Also whats the distance apart between the two Lnbs?
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by pofolo(m): 8:32am On Oct 03, 2013
toba: morning. I want to ask a question.

what position is the Lnb facing as in clock wise? if it 3.00 9.00 10 .00 clock. I know that both Lmb would have to be facing the same side

looking at the lnb ,staning at the back of the dish should be between 4 or 5 o'clock i guess from the pics i.e the wires( rgb ) via f-connector goes into the lnb port.
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 03, 2013
pofolo:

looking at the lnb ,staning at the back of the dish should be between 4 or 5 o'clock i guess from the pics i.e the wires( rgb ) via f-connector goes into the lnb port.
lol. the pixs are confusing. I looked at 0ne and i saw 6.00 clock. looked at another saw 9.00 clock. Unless he tells us the side both are facing. either standing infront or at the back of the dish

I bought the Discovery dual lnb at Oshodi on Independence day for N1500, but im yet to use it, till im really sure of the positioning
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by ezo4fta(m): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2013
toba: morning. I want to ask a question.

@ toba...gud afternoon. Standing at the front of the dish, both lnbs are at 8:00 in a clockwise direction.. The distance btw the two lnb is 25mm to 30mm on a 60cm dish and 36mm to 37mm on a 90cm dish. Thanks
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by RapidBTSNG: 9:48am On Oct 09, 2013
LNB

Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by dozieze: 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
Please what is the frequency and S R of tv sat.

I want to track multi tv but I don't know the satellite and its frequencies.

Are channels on amos 5 FTA if yes how can I track it
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by olenyi: 6:25am On Nov 15, 2013
dozieze: Please what is the frequency and S R of tv sat.

I want to track multi tv but I don't know the satellite and its frequencies.

Are channels on amos 5 FTA if yes how can I track it

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

https://www.nairaland.com/332428/nairaland-fta-reference-library/1
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by ezo4fta(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by olenyi: 6:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
ezo4fta: @ olenyi...thanks so much for ur good work here. You ar really doing great.

@ezo4fta.

Thanks my brother. My warm regards.
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by dogmaticp(m): 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
is it possible to nail Amos 5 with the above picture set-up(multi Tv and Dstv) dual LNB
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by odukoko(m): 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
@ezo4fta,have installed the two lnb for both dstv n multi both signal strength and quality are 90 and 70 but i realised that some channels like mnet action,channel o,disc w are not showing.should i get a new dish for a different installation of dstv or is my diseq d problem?
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by Emmaculate20(m): 4:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
odukoko: @ezo4fta,have installed the two lnb for both dstv n multi both signal strength and quality are 90 and 70 but i realised that some channels like mnet action,channel o,disc w are not showing.should i get a new dish for a different installation of dstv or is my diseq d problem?
Just Blindscan ur decoder!
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by ezo4fta(m): 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
odukoko: @ezo4fta,have installed the two lnb for both dstv n multi both signal strength and quality are 90 and 70 but i realised that some channels like mnet action,channel o,disc w are not showing.should i get a new dish for a different installation of dstv or is my diseq d problem?
have u tried the blind scan as said by emmaculate, if u hv,pls let us know. Merry xmas.

1 Like

Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by dogmaticp(m): 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
I have successfully done my dual LNB installation for MultiTv and Dstv. Is it possible to add 1 separate LNB for AIT to dis already done set-up ?
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by ezo4fta(m): 3:45am On Dec 27, 2013
dogmatic_p: I have successfully done my dual LNB installation for MultiTv and Dstv. Is it possible to add 1 separate LNB for AIT to dis already done set-up ?
it is possible by adding another lnb for w3c/Amos but it depends on the dish size used. I advise that u use 90cm dish.
Re: Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) by zpakln(f): 11:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
Great job! @ezo4fta and pofola. Please i need help getting this dual lnb in Oshogbo or ibadan. i don search everywhere sef...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gotv Launched In Nigeria / Trend Tv The Best Alternative To Dstv / K

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.