Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me (6632 Views)

Nubu Ribadu: How Far With The Governorship In Adamawa? / Buhari's Victory Celebration At Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park In Ojota, Lagos / "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by dewale2k: 10:09am On Aug 18, 2013
Meeting late fiery human rights activists, Gani Fawehinmi was a morale booster for the former presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Nuhu Ribadu, he admitted yesterday adding that Mr. Fawehinmi’s mentorship helped him in shaping his ideological stance.

Mr. Ribadu, who spoke at a mentoring programme organised by the Group of Patriotic Corpers (GPC) and #AdoptATweep in Abuja at the weekend, said he meet the reputable lawyer while serving as a pupil lawyer at the military Special Investigative Panel during the short-lived  Buhari/Idiagbon regime.

Late Mr. Fawehinmi, according to Mr. Ribadu, provided him with critical advices and mentorship lessons that continue to serve as his guiding lights to this day.

He said it was from Mr. Fawehinmi that he renewed his resolve to continue to fight the cause of the poor and subsequently join the Nigerian Police Force.

He therefore underscored the importance of mentoring young ones which, he said, could surpassed what one can learn from formal school.

“A Chinese saying has it that discussing with an experienced person is worth more than 10 years of education. It is therefore good to always relay one’s experience to the younger ones,” Mr. Ribadu said.

The former EFCC chairman admonished the youth to make right choices at early stage of their career by choosing to live a humble and exemplary life than a life of material accumulation which, he said, does not guarantee eternal happiness if acquired through corrupt means.

He also asked youths not to lose hope of rebuilding the country but said they required strong will and incorruptible life to salvage the nation, adding that the resolve has to be made at an early age.

” My success at the EFCC, especially in resisting all tempting offers and calls to bend the rules was a direct result of my bow from when I was like you that I will never be corrupt.

“I resented corruption not by lips of mouth but by personal conduct. I refused to be bribed or compromised throughout my public service career. Yet, I am ever happy with myself. I have no regrets that I don’t have mansions all over the world or own a private jet. I derive happiness  from contentment and the feeling that what I possess are things I genuinely earn.  You can make similar resolve today,” he said.

Late Lagos Lawyer and fiery human rights activist, Gani Fawehinmi

Mr. Ribadu charged the youths to conduct an audit of their abilities before making career choices, which is a life time decision.

“Therefore, if you really wish to be a home-builder, one possessed by a desire to change our realities, then you have to conduct a self-assessment. Look into your strengths and weaknesses and then take decision on whether to follow the left or the right path that leads to integrity, self-satisfaction and reputation that could outlive generations.”

Source
http://premiumtimesng.com/?p=142957

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Asoozy: 10:23am On Aug 18, 2013
dewale2k: Meeting late fiery human rights activists, Gani Fawehinmi was a morale booster for the former presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Nuhu Ribadu, he admitted yesterday adding that Mr. Fawehinmi’s mentorship helped him in shaping his ideological stance.

Mr. Ribadu, who spoke at a mentoring programme organised by the Group of Patriotic Corpers (GPC) and #AdoptATweep in Abuja at the weekend, said he meet the reputable lawyer while serving as a pupil lawyer at the military Special Investigative Panel during the short-lived  Buhari/Idiagbon regime.

Late Mr. Fawehinmi, according to Mr. Ribadu, provided him with critical advices and mentorship lessons that continue to serve as his guiding lights to this day.

He said it was from Mr. Fawehinmi that he renewed his resolve to continue to fight the cause of the poor and subsequently join the Nigerian Police Force.

He therefore underscored the importance of mentoring young ones which, he said, could surpassed what one can learn from formal school.

“A Chinese saying has it that discussing with an experienced person is worth more than 10 years of education. It is therefore good to always relay one’s experience to the younger ones,” Mr. Ribadu said.

The former EFCC chairman admonished the youth to make right choices at early stage of their career by choosing to live a humble and exemplary life than a life of material accumulation which, he said, does not guarantee eternal happiness if acquired through corrupt means.

He also asked youths not to lose hope of rebuilding the country but said they required strong will and incorruptible life to salvage the nation, adding that the resolve has to be made at an early age.

” My success at the EFCC, especially in resisting all tempting offers and calls to bend the rules was a direct result of my bow from when I was like you that I will never be corrupt.

“I resented corruption not by lips of mouth but by personal conduct. I refused to be bribed or compromised throughout my public service career. Yet, I am ever happy with myself. I have no regrets that I don’t have mansions all over the world or own a private jet. I derive happiness  from contentment and the feeling that what I possess are things I genuinely earn.  You can make similar resolve today,” he said.

Late Lagos Lawyer and fiery human rights activist, Gani Fawehinmi

Mr. Ribadu charged the youths to conduct an audit of their abilities before making career choices, which is a life time decision.

“Therefore, if you really wish to be a home-builder, one possessed by a desire to change our realities, then you have to conduct a self-assessment. Look into your strengths and weaknesses and then take decision on whether to follow the left or the right path that leads to integrity, self-satisfaction and reputation that could outlive generations.”

Source
http://premiumtimesng.com/?p=142957

I would vote this man into public office any day!

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 18, 2013
I'm in church I'll read when I close

1 Like

Brb
I dont know much about Gani, only got the chance to read his activist exploits.

I know abit about Ribadu right from the EFCC days - Prim n' proper intelligent guy that tells the Lie when necessary.

Is that a reflection of Gani?

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by propzncribz: 11:01am On Aug 18, 2013
Nigerian politics is a joke.
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by YusufG: 11:01am On Aug 18, 2013
Someone summarize pls
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by aAK1(m): 11:02am On Aug 18, 2013
Its been a long time o where is this man
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 18, 2013
Okay
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by rubii09: 11:05am On Aug 18, 2013
ok. so therefore
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Brimmie(m): 11:06am On Aug 18, 2013
El Guapo: I dont know much about Gani, only got the chance to read his activist exploits.

I know abit about Ribadu right from the EFCC days - Prim n' proper intelligent guy that tells the Lie when necessary.

Really?? Can you pls tell us one of his les?? Dont attack me o! Just give me one!!
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Chinaimporter: 11:08am On Aug 18, 2013
[size=22pt]i hate poor men,they smell sweaty and sound disgusting.shot up all pooor men and women in da house cos i am rich and you are all meant to serve me and my colleagues so please stop dreaming and get down on you knees if you arent worth a billion[/size]
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by 190theclown: 11:10am On Aug 18, 2013
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Kairoseki77: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2013
Chinaimporter: [size=22pt]i hate poor men,they smell sweaty and sound disgusting.shot up all pooor men and women in da house cos i am rich and you are all meant to serve me and my colleagues so please stop dreaming and get down on you knees if you arent worth a billion[/size]

Our leaders have this same poisonous mindset. This is why they can't stop stealing, even after they have enough to live on for generations.
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by OAM4JisGay: 11:13am On Aug 18, 2013
How many corrupt politicians did he incarcerate as EFCC chairman?
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Kairoseki77: 11:13am On Aug 18, 2013
OAM4J is Gay: How many corrupt politicians did he incarcerate as EFCC chairman?

1 Like

Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Soskid(m): 11:14am On Aug 18, 2013
Eiya

1 Like

Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 18, 2013
Chinaimporter: [size=22pt]i hate poor men,they smell sweaty and sound disgusting.shot up all pooor men and women in da house cos i am rich and you are all meant to serve me and my colleagues so please stop dreaming and get down on you knees if you arent worth a billion[/size]
You high or something undecided
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Kebilo: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2013
i respect you ribadu cos u make the corrupt politicians to behave well
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by jeff1607(m): 11:20am On Aug 18, 2013
HMmmmm
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by SirElaw(m): 11:25am On Aug 18, 2013
My advice to you is to always keep to your advice.
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by idedan(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2013
Baybe: Okay
Back from mass?
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by delors(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2013
Guy you miss road? Abi you no read the post before you comment?
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 18, 2013
El Guapo: I dont know much about Gani, only got the chance to read his activist exploits.

\

Please if you are trying to be funny,just state so but never ever equate Gani as a man who actually fought for the masses to any Nigerian leader we have now.Dont ever do that.Gani was called the people's champion by all and sundry for a reason.He was jailed and hated by all Nigerian corrupt leaders for a reason.Learn to know about our true heros and stop spewing disrespectful innuendos left and right

1 Like

Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 18, 2013

EMMMM...any dr in the house to come help this deluded Monkey and tell us what he's suffering from?
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 18, 2013
checking your profile...u are a cab driver..just shut up
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by ik4life: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2013
I believed so much in dis man I even voted 4 him at my polling booth in anambra dough it ws lik a crime to do so den
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2013
idedan:
Back from mass?
Yea smiley. Did you go?
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 18, 2013
Brimmie: Really?? Can you pls tell us one of his les?? Dont attack me o! Just give me one!!

Y'all must learn to rise above the orchestrated cacaphony of deceit around the fmr EFCC boss, he's no hero but a fraud.

A trusted source once disclosed to us that Nuhu bought atleast 4 houses for himself at choice locations in Abuja, Dubai and Britian!

They include a house at No 18 Mambilla street, off Udi hills Street, Maitama; a flat at Palm Beach estate, Dubai; and another property at 29, Kingsway, Leeds UK.

Where would he cart the missing dossiers prior to his deserved sacking as the EFCC boss to?

These and many more ills cant be the reflection of Good Gani.
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by nerodenero: 11:34am On Aug 18, 2013
Inasmuch as I would have wanted to fault Ribadu for joining the party of thieves headed by Tinubu,there is hardly any party in this country that have no rogues or former corrupt leaders.To an extent,I believe in this guy but it is going to be very difficult for the power-drunk we have at the helms of affairs to allow him rule.
Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by abokinside: 11:35am On Aug 18, 2013
In 2011 I voted Ribadu and I am glad I did. Please can any one mention any Nigerian living or dead that has dealt corruption the kind of blow Ribadu did apart from Muritala and Buhari because they were commanders in chief at their time, but Ribadu was just a very courageous young officer who knew there was a job to be done and gave it his very best, though not your most eloquent speaker but sure knows how to get the job done. He is not an ethnic jingo nor a religious bigot he is very very moderate and exposed gentleman, but was shocked when my people rejected him and preferred to try their luck with the lucky one whose only visible potential is luck. No wonder we are so unlucky cos he has gone with the entire Nations luck. I laugh when you mention candidate A and people say what is he doing in Jagaban's party or Candidate B and you ll hear well still needs to go to the senate to "learn" governance. The same people rejected Gani, Utomi etc at the polls but are quick to embrace the Gejs, the anenihs and the uduagans. A people get the kind of leaders they deserve. God cannot be mocked.

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu: How Gani Fawehinmi Mentored Me by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 18, 2013
milehigh06: \

Please if you are trying to be funny,just state so but never ever equate Gani as a man who actually fought for the masses to any Nigerian leader we have now.Dont ever do that.Gani was called the people's champion by all and sundry for a reason.He was jailed and hated by all Nigerian corrupt leaders for a reason.Learn to know about our true heros and stop spewing disrespectful innuendos left and right

Only a creature riding on one digit IQ would read a post and give an opposite of what was Intended init.

Go re-read my post Plank and stop sounding like a sociopath.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Realities Of War (photos) / Turkey Diplomat Imported Weapons Into Nigeria For Ipob / President Buhari Says Nigeria’s Broadband Penetration Is Now 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.