Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. (1109 Views)

Having Problems With Premature Ejac?? (*update..free nipost shippin) Lets Chat / Problems With Sex Is Ruining My Marriage / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. by greatgod2012(f): 9:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
Communication problems are something that happens in every relationship. But that does not mean that you give up on your relationship. Here are some ways you can resolve the issue.

Realise your relationship has a problem. 
The most important and probably one of the first things to solving this problem is that you acknowledge the fact that you are having problems in your relationship. Once you admit that there is something that is going wrong between the two of you, talking it out will become simpler.

Talk about it. 
Normally when you don’t talk at all about your problems, what is bothering you or anything at all with your partner, it tends to bring out a communication problem in your relationship. Often couples don’t seem to recognise this problem and they go about ignoring one another.

Try a different approach. 
If nagging and yelling has not come to your rescue yet, try some other way of addressing this problem. Sometimes you just need to find out another way to get your partner hear you out. It can be anything – from emotionally blackmailing him to keeping your attitude and anger in check and talking politely.

Seek professional help. 
Just because you are in a relationship that does not mean you can solve every issue by yourself. Sometimes to get some issues solved, you need to ask for professional help to tackle the issue better.

Source:::Ynaija.com
Re: How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. by Stegomiah: 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
Great write-up, but lemme add this, BURY YOUR EGO.

Most times you think he/she should be d first to call/talk to me, yl he/she may also be thinking same. or you thinking dat i cant beg him/her afterall i am not wrong....

bury dat ego, it wont kill you nor hurt you. I am sorry! d 3 letter words will go a long way in saving ur relationship, even if u are right be d first to apologise.

1 Like

Re: How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. by greatgod2012(f): 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
Stegomiah: Great write-up, but lemme add this, BURY YOUR EGO.

Most times you think he/she should be d first to call/talk to me, yl he/she may also be thinking same. or you thinking dat i cant beg him/her afterall i am not wrong....

bury dat ego, it wont kill you nor hurt you. I am sorry! d 3 letter words will go a long way in saving ur relationship, even if u are right be d first to apologise.

Thanks, nothing good comes with arrogance.
Re: How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. by greatgod2012(f): 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
Can someone please give me an example of emotional blackmail.
Thanks.
Re: How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. by bellong: 8:00am On Aug 19, 2013
These three letter words, "I AM SORRY", should be a personal motto and recitation of every individual irrespective of gender and status. Saying and meaning it when said, can heal broken hearts, mend broken relationships and restore lost hope. As rightly said above, unprofitable ego is a cancer that kills faster than the real disease in any relationship.

Communication is not limited to verbal utterances, it also includes the non-verbal actions and studying your partner to understand his/her unspoken words. Each partner should invest time in studying each other's body language and non-verbal actions. It helps in forming a close knit and resolving conflicts.

@, check this link for information about emotional blackmail

http://www.examiner.com/article/emotional-blackmail-101-defining-and-detecting-it-your-love-relationship

1 Like

Re: How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. by greatgod2012(f): 10:00am On Aug 19, 2013
@bellong, thanks very much, I checked the link and it opened my eyes.

@topic, as you have said, the 3 letter words "I AM SORRY" can never be over emphasized in any relationship. Anyone who is too arrogant to utter the words are mostly going to miss a lot. These three letter words are so powerful, it can make a relationship work and last longer and the lack of it also have the potency to mar a relationship beyond redemption.
I pray for humility to always say sorry o, even when I think I'm right. Amen.
Re: How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. by ifeegee(f): 11:13am On Aug 19, 2013
I've learned over time that" I'M SORRY " is not sold in Sahaad stores,Next or even shop rite ,therefore,it's quite free and affordable.
I've also learned that when I use them,it's not imprinted on my fore head like a bill board screaming to all .
Therefore , I use them to my utmost advantage irrespective of who gave offence I always come out victorious .

1 Like

Re: How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ummm 'I am Sorry' .... It's just not the words , do you really mean it?? I mean, I'm not stup*id.

2 Likes

Re: How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. by greatgod2012(f): 6:45am On Aug 20, 2013
Saying sorry should be from the heart, if it's said and not meant, hence, behaving otherwise, the other partner will definitely know and it may lead to communication break-down, if after apologizing, nothing positive happened, its either you check yourself or your partner is an unforgiving type.
May God help us all.
Re: How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
greatgod2012: Saying sorry should be from the heart, if it's said and not meant, hence, behaving otherwise, the other partner will definitely know and it may lead to communication break-down, if after apologizing, nothing positive happened, its either you check yourself or your partner is an unforgiving type.
May God help us all.

Well said.

But saying sorry when it's obvious I'm right just to sweep grudge under the rug ( which obviously gonna come up later) .... hence 'Bury my Ego' is what I won't do.

Some people just say it just for 'peace'.....'I am Sorry' should be a valued expression , not worn out words to throw around everytime. #my opinion

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! / Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day / Benue Father Of Triplets Solicits Support For Children's Upkeep (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.