Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU (45059 Views)

Buhari Approves N400bn For Workers’ Salaries / Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Toktee(m): 10:31am On Aug 19, 2013
Roon9: ASUU! A bunch of deluded old men. Dis is y I call jonathan a weakling, succumbing to these never do well.
So, what is ur point,the good thing iz that you don't have an old educated man n ur family but nxt time make sense ok
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by mubalex50(m): 10:31am On Aug 19, 2013
Wat a useless president, after he has wasteed our time, well me I don port 2 private uni.
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by timwezzb(m): 10:32am On Aug 19, 2013
So when them go Share the MONEY and Call OFF the STRIKE
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Aromas: 10:34am On Aug 19, 2013
Maidoki14: Congrate to all nigerian student.iam d secretary of national association of unemployed graduate.NAUG.do feel free to join d league after graduation.

U dey craze?? did we choose d same destiny, so why clamouring 4 ur association. During ur day's in school did YOU choose any SME business 2 learn. Errand nonsense
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by thathruth(m): 10:35am On Aug 19, 2013
coolkris: The end to the present strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) may be in sight as President Goodluck Jonathan has approved N400 billion for the infrastructural development of Nigerian universities.
The document to this effect is expected to be made available today at the meeting of the presidential committee on implementation of the NEEDS assessment in the universities withthe leaders of the four university-based unions – the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), the Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions (NASU), the National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).
The President of SSANU, Samson Ugwoke, made the revelation while addressing his union members at the SSANU National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting held at the weekend at the University of Abuja.
Ugwoke, briefing the SSANU members on the activities of the NEEDS assesment implementation committee, led by Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswam. He noted that the fund was different from the N100 billion Governor Suswam had raised from donor agencies and big companies to tackle the problems of Nigerian universities in 2013.
The labour leader said: “Let me give you a tip on what the NEEDS assessment committee is doing. The president has approved that within the next four years; N400 billion would be expended in infrastructural development of Nigerian universities, to transform the universities to international standard.
“N100 billion has already been raised by Suswam committee out of which 61 universities have been pencilled down, as contained in the NEEDS assessement committee. The N100 billion is expected to address needs of the universities in the areaswhich include re-furbishing and renovation of lecture theatres and lecture halls, re-furbishing and renovation of laboratories/libraries and the renovation of hostels.
“The second category is building of new hostels of international standard, self-contained rooms, the latest model in the world. That is the standard to be built in every university, and also the state-of-the-art laboratories as well as classrooms, lecture theatres and the halls.”
Ugwoke pointed out that the money had been shared and out of the N100 billion, N96 billion had been sent to universities.
He added: “The committee is meeting again on Monday, and by Monday (today), the document will be out. This time around, it is not only by giving university money, but it willbe monitored to ensure that the money is used to transform the universities, to bail universities out of the present situation and developed to an international recognized university standard.” source http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/ASUU-strike-jonathan-approves-n400bn-lifeline-ssanu/
As election keeps drawing close JEG keeps bringing new strategy, winning d hrts of d women, about to win d hrt od d students, who's next
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by JamesLucia: 10:36am On Aug 19, 2013
ASUU pls because of us pls call off
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by opeyemitee(m): 10:41am On Aug 19, 2013
the info is not true
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by emmymdk: 10:42am On Aug 19, 2013
[quote author=coolkris]The end to the present strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) may be in sight as President Goodluck Jonathan has approved N400 billion for the infrastructural development of Nigerian universities.
The document to this effect is expected to be made available today at the meeting of the presidential committee on implementation of the NEEDS assessment in the universities withthe leaders of the four university-based unions – the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), the Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions (NASU), the National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).
The President of SSANU, Samson Ugwoke, made the revelation while addressing his union members at the SSANU National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting held at the weekend at the University of Abuja.
Ugwoke, briefing the SSANU members on the activities of the NEEDS assesment implementation committee, led by Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswam. He noted that the fund was different from the N100 billion Governor Suswam had raised from donor agencies and big companies to tackle the problems of Nigerian universities in 2013.
The labour leader said: “Let me give you a tip on what the NEEDS assessment committee is doing. The president has approved that within the next four years; N400 billion would be expended in infrastructural development of Nigerian universities, to transform the universities to international standard.
“N100 billion has already been raised by Suswam committee out of which 61 universities have been pencilled down, as contained in the NEEDS assessement committee. The N100 billion is expected to address needs of the universities in the areaswhich include re-furbishing and renovation of lecture theatres and lecture halls, re-furbishing and renovation of laboratories/libraries and the renovation of hostels.
“The second category is building of new hostels of international standard, self-contained rooms, the latest model in the world. That is the standard to be built in every university, and also the state-of-the-art laboratories as well as classrooms, lecture theatres and the halls.”
Ugwoke pointed out that the money had been shared and out of the N100 billion, N96 billion had been sent to universities.
He added: “The committee is meeting again on Monday, and by Monday (today), the document will be out. This time around, it is not only by giving university money, but it willbe monitored to ensure that the money is used to transform the universities, to bail universities out of the present situation and developed to an international recognized university standard.”
LWKMD! What a country.... God dey watch Una with 3D
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Anniettieufia(m): 10:42am On Aug 19, 2013
Abeg is this money from the president's pockets ?

If yes,
Then it is well recommendable development.
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by emmymdk: 10:44am On Aug 19, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked.... 100billion? See money!!!
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by orgasticdance: 10:46am On Aug 19, 2013
money isn't the solution, but competent management of our resources; those lecturers are only going to extend the sharing and rent seeking jamboree going in aso rock. epic fail in my opinion undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Sirmuell(m): 10:46am On Aug 19, 2013
@OP said N96Billion out of N100Billion has been released to various Universities of which we are all aware that more than 40% of the said released funds would be certainly looted by Govt. officials, University Officials, Contractor and Nigerians in general and here have you nairalanders asking for the remaining N4Billion, I believe we should be more concerned that the released fund be judiciously used for its proposition than asking for the remaining N4Billion. Nigeria is a corrupt nation with no value, even if the Govt. Officials was sanitized of corruption totally what about Nigerians who are the leaders of tomorrow
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by canalily(m): 10:48am On Aug 19, 2013
angry what! ?? Well i dnt hav anytin to say 4 now. Let them call off the strike first, then we will ask them the remaing cash.
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by frainc(m): 10:49am On Aug 19, 2013
donpetros: If this is true then ASUU shld call off the strike
Who are thoes that will handle the money

Same set of people?

i pity for nigeria system

ASUU or whatever only go on strike whenever they(ASUU top gun) need more money to refill their bags
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by brosun(m): 10:54am On Aug 19, 2013
Mr Anonymous: Tomorrow's Headline: Jonathan Denies N400billion approval
Hehehehehe! You know your country so well! These people are not serious. Denials, counter-denials, affirmations, rebuttals... These are signs of a confused government. There's nothing to believe anymore.You need to willingly suspend your belief to keep your sanity right now. Too much propaganda in the air. Too many lies being told. Too many lies.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:55am On Aug 19, 2013
slim fit :
President Jonathan, I swear with the lifes of my people, that have died because of hardships and corruption that your government is enhancing,
if any kobo even one naira should go into any selfish man's pocket and yours, you all will not stay alive to spend that money. In as much as you use the money for what you want it for, It's ok.

If and only prayer/curse works, Nigeria would have been a better place. Bros, get yourself doing something....your curse is a waste of energy. Put that stuff into work rather than wasting it

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by eddyrymz(m): 10:56am On Aug 19, 2013
Maidoki14: Congrate to all nigerian student.iam d secretary of national association of unemployed graduate.NAUG.do feel free to join d league after graduation.
Kudos bro ...I pray u become d president of NAUG soon..smh
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Ojestas(m): 10:56am On Aug 19, 2013
i v not chosen dat,,i sympathize with u for choosin such fate
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by debowalescot(m): 10:58am On Aug 19, 2013
ok oooo wink cheesy grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Daraplato(m): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2013
Duh! President Jonathan paid the money for infrastructure not the money that the lecturers asked for i.e 92 billion. ASUU no dey fight for students, na for their belle o.
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by morhtunrahyoh(f): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2013
White lie
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by moffat(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2013
grin cool shocked smiley no be small thing from 92 or 87 whatever to N400b i wnt b Prof too for university Mr. President make i follow share the national cake grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by brosun(m): 11:07am On Aug 19, 2013
Daraplato: Duh! President Jonathan paid the money for infrastructure not the money that the lecturers asked for i.e 92 billion. ASUU no dey fight for students, na for their belle o.
Where's the evidence that he "paid the money"?
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by fabby26(m): 11:11am On Aug 19, 2013
Roon9: ASUU! A bunch of deluded old men. Dis is y I call jonathan a weakling, succumbing to these never do well.

Guy, I think you're the deluded one here
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Standing5(m): 11:14am On Aug 19, 2013
St_Obaino:
A bigger percentage of that money will be embezzled by the powers that be. Then the strike will be called off while the problem is partly solved or not solved.

Next year the Lecturers will come up with another reason to strike.

I been Taya for my country Naija but am Used to her now n understand her better.

At least they have been given the required funds they 've always craved. I feel like running to Lokoja themn slide all the way to Aso rock to hug Jonathan as part of my Jubilation!
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Krazor: 11:18am On Aug 19, 2013
Hope its well managed and the other N4b is accounted for
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Afroconnect: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2013
Mr President it is not by appropriating 4oobillion naira,at the end of the day we will not see what the money was used for.
Nigerians are calling for transparency and real accounting systems/procedures in our Fiscal accounts.
All we hear is money being spent,but we do not even know how much is coming in-there is a massive gap between what is stated as being spent and the value we see on ground.
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Afroconnect: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2013
Standing5: At least they have been given the required funds they 've always craved. I feel like running to Lokoja themn slide all the way to Aso rock to hug Jonathan as part of my Jubilation!
you don't get it do you?
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by victorazy(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2013
Yungwizzzy: they could not afford #92billion where did they get #400billion from??

Haba! GEJ don try na for at least coming up with almost 50% of the total cash remember "at all at all na em bad pass"
Afterall he was not the architect dat planned dis urgly building
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by ceekak: 11:29am On Aug 19, 2013
we ave heard plenty bullshits like this......me don tire sef.....chaiiii[color=#006600][/color]!!!!! back to rice and beans....
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Coleslove: 11:33am On Aug 19, 2013
With such grammer, you can never be employed. I recommend the presidency of Association of Unemployed Graduates to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senator Aruwa Ahmed Is Dead / Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. / Buhari Vows To Recover Billions Of Dollars In The Next Three Months.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.