Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU (45056 Views)

Buhari Approves N400bn For Workers’ Salaries / Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by kunene3(m): 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
I thought Ngozi said Nigeria doesn't have that kind of money, so who is fooling who smiley
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by DeNoble1(m): 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
Trut:

The committee that raised the money will share the remaining 4 Billion. Na wia man dey work him dey chop.
"Work-Shop" you mean?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by akandea(m): 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
I hear o! 400billion when they can't pay 87billion. U forget oil subsidy palliative promise. Mtshew!!!!!
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2013
And at d end of dis unnecessarily pro-longed strike, d federal government wil eventually implement d 2009 agreement nd hence give d huge sum of money to ASUU and we wil resume to meet d same-old structures, ill-equipped nd inhospitable libraries, corrupt nd excessively bias admission process, lazy nd mostly corrupt lecturers who teach wit overwhelming mother tongue interference nd hardly embark on research, and a persistently inconsistent academic calendar; d reason 4 coming to skul on d part of students wil remain to get d certificate nd a decent job afterwards and finally, curious minds like myself will continue to ask d same-old question: why did ASUU embark on d strike inda first place?
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by DeNoble1(m): 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
Kelechi2020:

my broda the worst thin that can hapen to u is ignorance/shalow mindednes.it kills especialy when you bring it upon yourselves just as you have done.
Dont tell we you dont know that this man has never listened to us.he only uses propaganda just like dis one here.
Shine ur eyes 2015 is around the corner.afta two years he will deny ever appovin 400b 4 university.
By then he wil bid ASUU "die on strike nd rot in hell"
I think you are the one that is not only shallow minded but also negative minded. Why don't you be positive and watch and see the outcome of the fund? "Mr eye shiner"
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by brosun(m): 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
Eneze1: this government should stop lying
Exactly! You hear of billions being released as if it was handed over to the ASUU or the universities! This government makes promises on paper. As far as the discerning ones know, no kobo has been released! Before we get carried away, the alleged amount being earmarked for infrastructural development is proposed to be released over several years. As is the habit of this government, it often does not get released! This government always reneges on agreements it freely enters into. This is why ASUU is always on strike.
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by omailoo: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
its mere propaganga.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
How dem come take get 400Billion, when he be say them say them no fit provide 92Billion, whats the remaining 308Billion going to be used for...? when FG do not know the future needs that may arise in the next 4years...Idle funds shey...and someone will have access to it.?
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by JerryMaduka(m): 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Trut:

The committee that raised the money will share the remaining 4 Billion. Na wia man dey work him dey chop.
like your reasoning joor
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
Maidoki14: Congrate to all nigerian student.iam d secretary of national association of unemployed graduate.NAUG.do feel free to join d league after graduation.
Guy!!! U got me all cracked up; hahahah!!! I really laughed so hard!!! Anyway , there is hope n better tidings, what about strting up something urself? N creating it urself?
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Kelechi2020(m): 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
De Noble: I think you are the one that is not only shallow minded but also negative minded. Why don't you be positive and watch and see the outcome of the fund? "Mr eye shiner"

you sound like a paid commentor.to be frank i mean it.in this forum i have noticed two type of individual in da politics section.
No 1:the ordinary commenter who is a true stakeholder that will tell u the unbiased truth,because they have the interest of this nation at heart. And
No 2: The paid\contracted commenter(DE noble i think u r in dis category,u cn prove me odawise),that parambulates from topic to topic constituiting public nuisance and caling the real stake holders al sort of name for bearing the truth.they do all this to justify there SALARY.
The real truth am gonna tel u about myself and on behalf of the nigerian stakeholders on this forum is that we dnt mince work with paid commenters(Gej or apc laptop boys).
Ehe before i forget dat u refered to me as a more shalow minded person.(i wil nt argue with u cos u r a paid...)
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by kel4soft: 3:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
legalcode: God Bless You GEJ.....despite the fact that the rot in the university was caused by OBJ and YAR ARDU, You still have a listening ear. The best President ever.
Useless comment.
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by ogbenhi1(m): 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
[b][/b][i][/i][color=#006600]where can we get the original article of this,,,,,, i mean any site or whatever......[/color] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cool
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Collinsony: 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
IF REALLY THIS IS TRUE, WHY IS ASUU STILL WASTING TIME TO CALL OFF THIS GODDAMN STRIKE? SO GOVERNMENT EVEN KNOW THAT NIGERIA UNIVERSITY IS NOT STANDARD... GOD FORGIVE THEM
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by emmykk(m): 3:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
Kelechi2020: As our colonial masters will always say."if you want to hide something from the black man put it down in paper"
i think that saying is real and have been proved here.a simple political statement is what was made here and a whole university undergraduates are jumping around.
#nonsense #spits on monitor

you guys should read this piece of s h i t with greater understanding.
No 1:"400b is expected to be extended to universities within four years for infrastructural devt"this is nothing but anoda ASUU 2013 agreement which they are going to enta with the FG,THEY wil still go on strike in four years time to force the goverment to implement it.so no big deal about this news.
No 2: it is either ASUU has been fully compromised or they are fighting a shadow guerilla war with fg for more salary and want us to believe that they are fighting for our sake.
No 3:
100bn released.
96 million given to universities(note this money is for their earned alowance.OMG!! Someone should tell dis guys to resign if they dont like there pay.we as nigerian students should tell ourselves the truth that within these bunch of lecturers that not up tn 10% are worthy of dia salaries.all they do is "fight for salary"they husle,acquire a "copy and paste"phd from the internet,bribe dia way to profesorship.puff,fiam,dia salary is increased,and they become dormant with there only core duty been to brag about there cheap phd\prof,sell hand out an sleep with underage girls)
lastly
wia is the remaining 4 bilion going?
Am a nigerian till i die.
96B not 96million given.
And for this 4billion naira change,we that raise the money,we buy fuel,we sleep for hotel,we buy food and our allowance.abi as u one start school u nor like am

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Godson201333(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
lymelyte: Your source

are you blind?
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by no1madman(m): 3:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
wetin!
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by nairacodedcom(m): 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2013
The END of this ASUU strike is still far. I was discussing with my Prof. in sch on friday and this is what She said 'that even if FG will rebuild all the university WITHOUT paying their accumulated monetary arrears since 2009 agreement, that the STRIKE will continue' . It was then that I realised that their arrears was their MAIN reason 4 the strike and not Infrastructures. Jonathan still try small.
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by patwhizkid(f): 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
Maidoki14: Congrate to all nigerian student.iam d secretary of national association of unemployed graduate.NAUG.do feel free to join d league after graduation.

Na your spellings cause am. tongue

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by hypergig(m): 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
Tired of this whole scenario
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by BossTtdiamonds(m): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
And my question is... Are they gonna call off the strike tis' week...
Or what's the essence of approvin' the funds if they dont call off the Strike...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by ennon92(m): 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
kabaka1:

because naija has d money............I guess
does dat ansa such question? naxo una dey fail.
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Akainzo(m): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
jimfarayola: The Academic Earned Allowance is what matter most to ASUU,dey ae jst hiding under d wave of fighting for infra structural development,we shall see if they are going to call-off the strike.

Would you call of a strike when your employer has not paid your allowances for over a year when he promises to buy new chairs and tables for the office?

Note, they are not asking for spurious allowances, they are asking for EARNED ALLOWANCES that have not been paid, this is the same governemnt that quickly looked for moneyu to pay the Super Eagles allowances to enbale them go for the conFed Cup but has refused to pay the lecturer's allowances for over a year. Haba!
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by ennon92(m): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
malikworld:
Will u shut that ur dirty mouth if u dont have anything to say. Go to federal universities and ask them about Obasanjo,am sure u wud be surprised with their responses cos he changed their lives in a very positive way. So,never in ur life try to compare Obasanjo with GEJ.
it hasn't got to dat na...d dude is entitle to his own opinion.
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by ennon92(m): 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
andrano: no b d minister of finance ngozi say nigeria no get dat money? Were dis money come from. Ohhh abi na because dier children no d skool 4 nija na him make she d say no money baa. Make una tel her say na our money no her poket money b dat. Wich king tin.
pidgin u no xabi...I wonder wetin u sabi
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by vanvicker(m): 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2013
We keep on deceiving ourselves in Nigeria,FG cannot afford 82bn but can release 400bn,pls who's kidding who?I'l just pretend as if I didn't see this,Let's wait till tomorrow,cos if its real ASUU would have called off the strike by now.
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by ennon92(m): 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
no1madman: wetin!
I can see u re truely a mad man
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by wem88(m): 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
lymelyte: Your source
i bliv u can see d source under d writeup,or shld i giv u a google?
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Wan47(m): 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
Lol, from #96b to #100b... What about the millions each Universities make in Post U.M.E? Looters!
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by jamesbro(m): 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
it would be annoying and stupid if this is a false story they dont have 90 billion where did they get 400 billion.its just annoyin
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by ndubisik(m): 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2013
We'll just have to wait and see
Re: ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
4billion is for infrastural development of universities.fg is not ready for ASUU salaries increment which is 92billion yearly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amosun & Buhari: Caption The Pic; PMB Is Obviously A Comedian / Tinubu's Campaign DG, Simon Lalong Loses Polling Unit To Obi / Construction Of NNS Karaduwa (P102): Nigeria's Second Indigenously Built Gunboat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.