Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

God's Warning About Adultery And False Prophecies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Warning About Adultery And False Prophecies (546 Views)

God's Warning For Youth About Hell And Heaven / God’s Warning On Adultery And False Prophecies / False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Warning About Adultery And False Prophecies by ACKCITY: 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
My heart is broken because of the false prophets and my bones tremble. I stagger like a drunkard, like someone overcome by wine, because of the holy words the Lord has spoken against them.

For the land is full of adultery, and it lies under a curse. The land itself is in mourning- its wilderness pastures are dried up. For they do evil and abuse what power they have.

‘Even the priests and prophets are ungodly, wicked men. I have seen their despicable acts right here in my own Temple, “Says the Lord. Therefore, the paths they take will become slippery.

They will be chased through the dark, and there they will fall. For I will bring disaster upon them at the time fixed for their punishment. I, the Lord, have spoken!” Jeremiah 23:11-12

I have often heard the adultery has its curse on the doer; I use to think maybe it’s not true because I hadn’t come across it in the bible all the times I have read my bible, but today I see the Lord telling the people of Judah that their land had been cursed because of their adultery; adultery by dishonoring their bodies and worshiping of idols.

Now the so-called prophets and priests as the bible described them, rather than bring the people back to the knowledge of God by teaching the truth about how God works, they would prophecy fake prophecies making the people to sin more because what they now preach is how to make wealth without honoring God.

How do you honor God? You can honor God by doing the things He has stated for you to do in your religious book without violating them. And just in case you fall, you should be fast to get up and move forward doing the things of God unfailingly.

Source: http://www.citofgod.com/adultery-and-false-prophesy

1 Like

Re: God's Warning About Adultery And False Prophecies by bobbyL(m): 2:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
Re: God's Warning About Adultery And False Prophecies by bobbyL(m): 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hmmm. Lord have mercy on your people. Help false prophets to repent and change their ways. Please help your people to live holy and acceptable lives before you and deliver deceived individuals from false prophets
In Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: God's Warning About Adultery And False Prophecies by alexleo(m): 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
bobby.L:
Hmmm. Lord have mercy on your people. Help false prophets to repent and change their ways. Please help your people to live holy and acceptable lives before you and deliver deceived individuals from false prophets
In Jesus' name. Amen.

Amen and Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Overwhelming Grace / Catholic Priest Found Dead In Edo / How Does Your Church Organise Their Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.