Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel (15538 Views)

PHOTO: Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In South Africa. / Cloud In The Shape Of An Angel Seen In Pretoria, South Africa / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 11:06am On Aug 26, 2013
truthislight:

Who will do that with an "empty head" like you ?

This issue has been extensively discussed in this forum, if you have any thing to disprove the facts presented there from the bible go there and do so:

https://www.nairaland.com/1103279/michael-archangel-really-jesus-revelation/1#1103279.40

Even the OP was a full participant on that thread, hence my reluctance on joining this thread, since all that i have to give has been given there already.

Benimoor was there and represented fully with many others, fresky, Frosbel, Ijawkid, True2god, chukwudi44, Boomark, Oladegbu, pastormustwac etc, etc.

I dare you to go to that thread and disproved those facts there with the bible

hey stop it... bernimoor thinks it is disrespectful to post links from other threads...

lol i ask you a question that do you know angels are not spirit cheesy grin tongue
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 11:36am On Aug 26, 2013
Benalvino

bernimoore:isaiah was sent a seraphim, the seraphim went to the alter, use tongs to pick a live coal, and also with a message from God

isaiah 6:6
6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”

the seraphim here no doubt carried on an assignment designated for him as a messenger

in view of the imformation above, in isaiah 6:6 are seraphim 'confined to Gods throne' or also are beign sent on errands?

answer

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 11:40am On Aug 26, 2013
BERNIMOORE: Benalvino

in view of the imformation above, in isaiah 6:6 are seraphim 'confined to Gods throne' or also are beign sent on errands?

answer

Lets forget about that part... I have no objection there. i want to take the debate serious now... do you care for new thread? No trolling or should we go to the thread that truthislight posted. lets finish this deal ones and for all... smiley
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by truthislight: 11:43am On Aug 26, 2013
benalvino:
non one know who i am except my closest body ijawkid. me and him have always been like this.

You have always "been likes this with Jawkid" and you have not learnt anything ?

Smh. I thought it was a matter of an empty head, but its more like a block head problem.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by truthislight: 11:51am On Aug 26, 2013
benalvino:

Lets forget about that part... I have no objection there. i want to take the debate serious now... do you care for new thread? No trolling or should we go to the thread that truthislight posted. lets finish this deal ones and for all... smiley

^

So, your work is to keep a bold face and post lies all over this forum abi ?

Well, i pity all the simpleton that accept the lies you have been feeding them.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 11:51am On Aug 26, 2013
truthislight:

You have always "been likes this with Jawkid" and you have not learnt anything ?

Smh. I thought it was a matter of an empty head, but its more like a block head problem.

hahaahaha... with ijawkid is was that we can have fun by arguing... lol we never agrees on anything. but the time he invited me when he was giving a talk in kingdom all i was there... I know if you invite him to other church even if he is not part of it he wont go near...

what i learn from him alot... he is a loving bro. he tolerates almost anything... both of us trolls and attack each other. he actually asked me to join nairaland... he has been asking me for years that i will see my type of people argument galore... i finally joined this year after we argued about birthday of which i should him contradiction from the awake magazine...

ever since i joined nairaland i laugh my ass out in reactions...

cheesy

i am asking you do you know angels are not spirit... you dont want to answer
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2013
truthislight:

^

So, your work is to keep a bold face and post lies all over this forum abi ?

Well, i pity all the simpleton that accept the lies you have been feeding them.

ok... let me take you serious now... no more jokes... you want to know about lies and contradiction... open a new thread while i open my watchtower library lets discuss why you believe the lies the watchtower teaches if you hate lies so much.

and look... there is something they call ignore. instead of you to come online and start hating... you can avoid the internet... and funny enough you say you hate liars and hence you hate me cause you call me a liar grin cheesy grin cheesy the truth is that you dont hate me... because you cant hate people you dont know... if i am standing in your front you wont even know am the person you hate. lol

the reason you started calling me a liar is because i said anyone can answer the name yahweh, though it is the divine name for God but a man can call his baby or dog that name it doesn't mean they are God you shouted am a liar that no one answer that name... lol this is a small thing you can just realize and understand.

the text on the picture above reads yahwen ben yahweh... this guy claims to be God... black jesus lol... and he has followers... you can google him.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
e

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

in your post above;

agellos is a greek word for angel

malawk is also a hebrew word for angel

where did you get the analysis that

[size=18pt]the word hebrew word aggelos is where angel came from[/i]... this word means an angel first then messenger...[/size] the short definition is an angel first then messenger...
[/color]

definately you can see what im talking about, you refuse to be honest by forcing this defination derived from your forcefull opinion that;

"this word means an angel first then messenger... the short definition is an angel first then messenger"...

no dictionary ever mentioned angellos as angel first then messenger

you can seach and paste it, im waiting grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

not really... lets look at some example
if aggelous translate an angel and messenger... why will short meaning mean and angel, and messenger? you get the point... I have told you that the angels are their nature. since satan has rebelled against God and is still called an angel is the point am making...

Malawk translate to messenger only... short meaning of messenger is angel. now see the difference?

again aggelous is translated :an angel and messenger...
short meaning is an angel... of course angel means messenger also.

am trying to say words have 2 meanings sometimes...
one {an angel} by default doesnt not apply to humans because it is not our nature... that is why some men are messengers hence angel and some are not...

but on the other hand an angel is a supernatural being. they are that by nature.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
@bernimoor I see you are using wikipedia...

thats not my source though

see:
hebrew
malak: a messenger
Original Word: מַלְאָך
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: malak
Phonetic Spelling: (mal-awk')
Short Definition: angel
it translate messenger... short definition for messenger is angel

aggelos: an angel, messenger
Original Word: ἄγγελος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: aggelos
Phonetic Spelling: (ang'-el-os)
Short Definition: an angel, messenger

the above translates: an angel and then messenger... this one have 2 translations
then short definition is an angel and messenger... now you see what i mean?
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
haven said the above... me and you know what we are not spirits... therefore we are not angels... we are different from them.

all angels are spirits
Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

with this you can see why the greek aggelos translate: an angel and then messenger.

do you object?
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
]
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
BERNIMOORE: aggelos is same with ANGEL, not translated as 'Angel', but interpreted as 'Angel', you still have 'Angel' mentioned in its short meaning (because the english oral pronounciation comes first which you mistake for interpretation purpose) and then the translation follows(messenger), the difference is that

nope... i disagree... aggelos is translated from greek to english as an angel, messenger.
interpretation of the word is an angel, and messenger...

interpretation is saying the meaning of something... like a word... translation is changing it from one language to another...

i.e Goat(english lang) interpreted as Ewu(igbo lang)= an animal
^^ nope... Goat in english translate as ewu in igbo not interprets... you are confusing translate and interpret...

ewu in igbo interprets as an animal...

i dont know if you are trying to be sarcastic using goat in trying to call me a goat lmao!!! anyway you are confusing both.

nope... i did not say goat was created as ewo... or angel was created in our discussion... am simply talking about translation. again you are confusing translate for interpret...

aggelos translate as: an angel and messenger... check the strong
short definition: an angel, and messenger.

if you look at malawk you will quickly see that it translate as messenger from hebrew to english and interprets angel.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
benalvino:

nope... i disagree... aggelos is translated from greek to english as an angel, messenger.
interpretation of the word is an angel, [size=28pt]and[/size] messenger...

bolded above is your addition, you added 'and' see it from your own defination of angel! below;

Short Definition:[size=18pt] an angel, messenger[/size]

an angel, messenger

[/quote]

interpretation is saying the meaning of something... like a word... translation is changing it from one language to another...

^^ nope... Goat in english translate as ewu in igbo not interprets... you are confusing translate and interpret...

i dont know if you are trying to be sarcastic using goat in trying to call me a goat lmao!!! anyway you are confusing both.

nope... i did not say goat was created as ewo... or angel was created in our discussion... am simply talking about translation. again you are confusing translate for interpret...

im not trying to be sarcastic! at all by using ewu, im not even an ibo man,ok.

i dont need to do that, interpret and translations may lead us to or distract if we steered more on them,i would have loved to still prove them, but maybe we should now focus on the original meaning of agellos, to save distraction

you admitted that agellos translates Angel first, as it was put in your reference dictionary, against malawk which translates directly to messenger,

which means agellos cant be used for humans but balawk can be used for humans, is nt it?

since you urge me to use strong lexicon;

it will interest you that agellos was used for a human (john the baptist) while jesus was speaking of john

mathew 11:10

"For this is he (John the Baptist), of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger (aggelos) before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee." (Matt 11:10)

G32

ἄγγελος

aggelos

ang'-el-os

From ἀγγέλλω aggellō ; a messenger ; especially an angel ; by implication a pastor: - {angel} messenger.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

bolded above is your addition, you added 'and' see it from your own defination of angel! below;

an angel, messenger

i dont need to do that, interpret and translations may lead us to or distract if we steered more on them,i would have loved to still prove them, but maybe we should now focus on the original meaning of agellos, to save distraction

I dont see how translation and interpretation of the Greek and Hebrew words will confuse us.

The strong I present shows it all.
First aggelos translated to 2 words in English

1: an angel
2: messenger.

i hope you agree with this.

And bernimoor are you now ready to go further since i have defined it... Or you need more?
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
check strong lexicons and tell us what you see!

(Luke 7:24)
"And when the messengers (aggelos) of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind?"

so john the baptist, (Matt 11:10) and his messengers are agellos; angel first, and messenger

so, they are in angelic form, abi agellos!

maybe you can clearly see now that malawk was not used here for them as humans but your preffered agellos which you said means angel form first, then messenger
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

an angel, messenger

you admitted that agellos translates Angel first, as it was put in your reference dictionary, against malawk which translates directly to messenger,

which means agellos cant be used for humans but balawk can be used for humans, is nt it?

since you urge me to use strong lexicon;

it will interest you that agellos was used for a human (john the baptist) while jesus was speaking of john

mathew 11:10

"For this is he (John the Baptist), of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger (aggelos) before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee." (Matt 11:10)

G32

ἄγγελος

aggelos

ang'-el-os

From ἀγγέλλω aggellō ; a messenger ; especially an angel ; by implication a pastor: - {angel} messenger.

this is one habit of you i know... you look for excuse to object too much... i did not see this before...

see: ben, david, chinedu
is the same as ben and chinedu and david or ben, chinedu and david.
for he definition you give a aggelos is a messenger, especially an angel... this alone means aggelos means variety of things which one is an angel

definition from strong concordance
a messenger, generally a (supernatural) messenger from God, an angel, conveying news or behests from God to men.
again this definition is showing that aggelos means several things.. not just a messenger but an angel also.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
benalvino: haven said the above... me and you know what we are not spirits... therefore we are not angels... we are different from them.

[size=18pt]all angels are spirits[/size]
Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

with this you can see why the greek aggelos translate: an angel and then messenger.

do you object?

can you see the bolded?

we have spirit form and phisical form(human)

there is NOTHING like 'angels form', but[b] spirit angel[/b], the word Angel is 'to dispatch' a verb, check that too.

God too is spirit

[size=18pt]angels are in the same spiritual form of God, but not equal with God[/size]
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
BERNIMOORE: check strong lexicons and tell us what you see!

(Luke 7:24)
"And when the messengers (aggelos) of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind?"

so john the baptist, (Matt 11:10) and his messengers are agellos; angel first, and messenger

so, they are in angelic form, abi agellos!

maybe you can clearly see now that malawk was not used here for them as humans but your preffered agellos which you said means angel form first, then messenger

this is a good example that supports me... I told you aggelos translate into 2 types of words... one is an angel and the other is a messenger...

the verse you presented shows that the greek aggelos is translated as messenger. this is what am trying to say. one greek word like
arché: beginning, origin
Original Word: ἀρχή, ῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: arché
Phonetic Spelling: (ar-khay')
Short Definition: ruler, beginning

translates to origin and beginning
and short defintion or interpretation is ruler and beginning.
the word can be used in various context. you get the point?
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
benalvino:

this is one habit of you i know... you look for excuse to object too much... i did not see this before...

see: ben, david, chinedu
is the same as ben and chinedu and david or ben, chinedu and david.
for he definition you give a aggelos is a messenger, especially an angel... this alone means aggelos means variety of things which one is an angel

definition from strong concordance
a messenger, generally a (supernatural) messenger from God, an angel, conveying news or behests from God to men.
again this definition is showing that aggelos means several things.. not just a messenger but an angel also.

yes, a valid excuse, you would have said that earlier, your impression was that you said Aggellos and malawk are not same, true or false?

you further said that while agellos is used directly for only angels was that they are 'in angel's form' first before 'messenger' and that Malawk directly apply to human messenger

Benalvino:aggelos translate as: an angel and messenger... check the strong

[b]if you look at malawk you will quickly see that it translate as messenger from hebrew to english[/b]and interprets angel.

you cant change this grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
benalvino:

this is a good example that supports me... I told you aggelos translate into 2 types of words... one is an angel and the other is a messenger...

the verse you presented shows that the greek aggelos is translated as messenger. this is what am trying to say. one greek word like
arché: beginning, origin
Original Word: ἀρχή, ῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: arché
Phonetic Spelling: (ar-khay')

Short Definition: ruler, beginning

translates to origin and beginning
and short defintion or interpretation is ruler and beginning.
the word can be used in various context. you get the point?

you are changing issues now too bad!, [size=14pt]if not show me the difference between agellos and malawk? now, do it now,[/size]
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

can you see the bolded?

we have spirit form and phisical form(human)

there is NOTHING like 'angels form', but[b] spirit angel[/b], the word Angel is 'to dispatch' a verb, check that too.

God too is spirit

[size=18pt]angels are in the same spiritual form of God, but not equal with God[/size]

I disagree...
I said the bible makes it clear that all angels are

when you die does your spirit becomes an angel?
or when a prophet dies, does his spirit become an angel?

lets look at the question again... are they not all ministering spirit?

New International Version
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

New Living Translation
Therefore, angels are only servants--spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation.

English Standard Version
Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?

New American Standard Bible

King James Bible
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve those who are going to inherit salvation?

International Standard Version
All of them are spirits on a divine mission, sent to serve those who are about to inherit salvation, aren't they?

NET Bible
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Behold, are they not all spirits of service, who are sent into service for the sake of those who are going to inherit life?

GOD'S WORD® Translation
What are all the angels? They are spirits sent to serve those who are going to receive salvation.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth in service for the love of those who are the heirs of saving health?

King James 2000 Bible
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister to them who shall be heirs of salvation?

American King James Version
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

American Standard Version
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to do service for the sake of them that shall inherit salvation?

Douay-Rheims Bible
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent to minister for them, who shall receive the inheritance of salvation?

Darby Bible Translation
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out for service on account of those who shall inherit salvation?

English Revised Version
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to do service for the sake of them that shall inherit salvation?

Webster's Bible Translation
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall inherit salvation?

Weymouth New Testament
Are not all angels spirits that serve Him--whom He sends out to render service for the benefit of those who, before long, will inherit salvation?

World English Bible
Aren't they all serving spirits, sent out to do service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

Young's Literal Translation
are they not all spirits of service -- for ministration being sent forth because of those about to inherit salvation?

all the translation is saying all angels are ministering spirits.
humans are not like them... human spirit is not like them.

angels dont have flesh and bones... humans do...
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
(permission from the op pls)

bolded below are your earlier stand!

benalvino:

malak: a messenger
Original Word: מַלְאָך
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: malak
Phonetic Spelling: (mal-awk')
Short Definition: angel

Short Definition: an angel, messenger
Definition: a messenger, generally a (supernatural) messenger from God, an angel, conveying news or behests from God to men.

[size=14pt]you making your self look more and more desperate... keep trying grin
common sense will tell you angelos and malawk are not same[/size]

benalvino:
olodo... lol

[size=28pt]Malawk: a messenger[/size]

[size=28pt]aggelos: an angel[/size]

you see your life? why changing it now?

Now tell us the difference between malawk and Agellos?

now,
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

you are changing issues now too bad!, [size=14pt]if not show me the difference between agellos and malawk? now, do it now,[/size]

i have done it before...
even birds can be messengers dogs can be messengers it doesnt make them an angel.

in the hebrew malak is translated
ambassadors (2), angel (101), angels (9), envoys (1), messenger (24), messengers (76).

check 1,2 and 3.
214 noun masculine messenger; — ׳מ Exodus 23:20 48t.; construct מַלְאַךְ Genesis 16:7 69t.; suffixes מַלְאָכִי Exodus 23:23 3t.; מַלְאָכוֺ Genesis 24:7,40; plural מַלְאָכִים Genesis 32:4 63t. + מלאכים 2 Samuel 11:1 Kt ( Qr מלכים); construct מַלְאֲכֵי Genesis 28:12 11t.; מַלְאָכֶיךָ Numbers 24:12; 2 Kings 19:23; מַלְאָכֵכֵה Nahum 2:14 error for מַלְאָכֵכִי = מַלְאָכַיְכִי Ges§ 91, (2) Anm. 2 or < for מַלְאָכֵךְ by dittograph from following הוֺי Köii. 1. 571). מַלְאָכָיו2Chronicles 36:15 8t.; —

1 messenger,

a. one sent with a message Genesis 32:4 8t. J E; Deuteronomy 2:26, (not in P); Judges 6:35 8t.; 1 Samuel 6:21 51t. Samuel Kings, 1 Chronicles 14:1; 1 Chronicles 19:2,16; 2Chronicles 18:12; 35:21; Nehemiah 6:3; Job 1:14; Proverbs 13:17; Proverbs 17:11; Isaiah 14:32; Isaiah 18:2; Isaiah 30:4; Isaiah 37:9,14; Jeremiah 27:3; Ezekiel 17:15; Ezekiel 23:16,40; Ezekiel 30:9; Nahum 2:14; מלאכי שׁלום, messengers of peace Isaiah 33:7.

b. a prophet Isaiah 42:19; Isaiah 44:26; 2Chronicles 36:15,16; Haggai 1:13; the herald of the advent מלאכי Malachi 3:1.

c. priest Malachi 2:7, probably Ecclesiastes 5:5 (RV angel).

d. "" מֵלִיץ Job 33:23, a messenger from God acting as an interpreter and declaring what is right (angel of RV too specific).

e. figurative רָעִים ׳מ messengers of evil Psalm 78:49; מות ׳מ messenger of death Proverbs 16:14; "" רוחות winds his messengers Psalm 104:4.

2 angel, as messenger of God, מלאכים with God in theophanies Genesis 19:1,15; Genesis 28:12; Genesis 32:2 (JE), praising him; Psalm 103:20; Psalm 148:2; in his sight not without error Job 4:18 charged with the care of the pious Psalm 91:11; elsewhere singular sent to a prophet 1 Kings 13:18; 1 Kings 19:5,7; 2 Kings 1:3,15; Zechariah 1:9 18t. in Zechariah 1-6; excellent, wise, powerful 1 Samuel 29:9; 2 Samuel 14:17,20; 2 Samuel 19:28; Zechariah 12:8; encamping about the faithful Psalm 34:8; chasing his enemies Psalm 35:5; Psalm 35:6; destroying by judgment of Yahweh 2 Samuel 24:16,17 = 1 Chronicles 21:12-30; 2 Kings 19:35 = Isaiah 37:36 2Chronicles 32:21.

3 the theophanic angel ה֯א֠להים ׳מ in the story of E: Genesis 21:17; Genesis 31:11; Exodus 14:19, also in Judges 6:20; Judges 13:6,9; יהוה ׳מ in the story of J: Genesis 16:7,9,10,11; Genesis 22:11,15; Exodus 3:2; Numbers 22:22,23,24,25,26,27,31,32,34,35 and in Judges 2:1; Judges 2:4; Judges 5:23; Judges 6:11; Judges 6:12; Judges 6:21 (twice in verse); Judges 6:22 (twice in verse); Judges 13:3,13,15,16 (twice in verse); Judges 13:17,18,20 (twice in verse); Judges 13:21; הַמַּלְאָךְ Genesis 48:16 (E); מַלְאָךְ Exodus 23:20 (E), Exodus 33:2; Numbers 20:16 (JE), Hosea 12:5; מַלְאָכִי Exodus 23:23 (E), Exodus 32:34 (J); מַלְאָכוֺ Genesis 24:7,40 (J), פניו ׳מ Malachi 3:1 (referring to the ancient מלאך); הכרית ׳מ Malachi 3:1 (referring to the advent of ׳י for judgment, see BrMP 473). The theophanic angel is not mentioned in D and P.

לאך (√ of following; Biblical Hebrew לאך, מַלְאָח).
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
BERNIMOORE: (permission from the op pls)

bolded below are your earlier stand!

you see your life? why changing it now?

Now tell us the difference between malawk and Agellos?

now,

the funny thing is the first time you come and stated that i added "And" looking for an excuse while you and me know that a,b,c is same as a and b and c....

now you brought something that has past that is of no relevance to what we are discussing now...
i said malak is messenger
and aggelos is an angel am i wrong? no... the thing you quote also shows where i said aggelos means an angel and a messenger... you are just trying to make someone look stupid...

lol when you show us that you dont know what interpretation and translation means means i did not brag about it... instead i said lets move on even if you try to act like this to cover up your blonder

BERNIMOORE: aggelos is same with ANGEL, not translated as 'Angel', but interpreted as 'Angel', you still have 'Angel' mentioned in its short meaning (because the english oral pronounciation comes first which you mistake for interpretation purpose) and then the translation follows(messenger), the difference is that

what you are saying is that, Goat was created as Ewu first before it becomes animal, are you not repeating same thing that 'goat was created as Ewu first' is goat not the same Ewu? does it makes sense? althouth it is a form of 'code mixing' in the 'comm. in Eng' but it does not make sense if applied in this case.
after this blonder you now made a statement below...
BERNIMOORE: i dont need to do that, interpret and translations may lead us to or distract if we steered more on them,i would have loved to still prove them, but maybe we should now focus on the original meaning of agellos, to save distraction

when am serious am not here to make fun... if i want to make fun i will start non sense again.... so dont start. lets keep it simple.

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 6:41am On Aug 27, 2013
benalvino:

the funny thing is the first time you come and stated that i added "And" looking for an excuse while you and me know that a,b,c is same as a and b and c....

now you brought something that has past that is of no relevance to what we are discussing now...
i said malak is messenger
and aggelos is an angel am i wrong? no... the thing you quote also shows where i said aggelos means an angel and a messenger... you are just trying to make someone look stupid...

lol when you show us that you dont know what interpretation and translation means means i did not brag about it... instead i said lets move on even if you try to act like this to cover up your blonder

when am serious am not here to make fun... if i want to make fun i will start non sense again.... so dont start. lets keep it simple.

which blunder?

for God sake, i knew it will give you an avenue to twist and twist thats why i dont want to go further on that.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 6:48am On Aug 27, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

which blunder?

for God sake, i knew it will give you an avenue to twist and twist thats why i dont want to go further on that.

no excuse you can bring... nothing gives me the avenue to twist besides if you know it will give me an avenue to twist you wont do it... you are person who is trying to show off that he is kool or something and guess what, i am not making a big deal out of it... it is you who comes here trying to build reputation from nairaland... funny thing is that people dont even know you in real life.

you keep denying your religion, for only you know the reason. I have never seen someone who dont belong to catholic or any religion but is just a fan of Jehovah's witness yet has refuse to join... knows all their teaching and supports and defends it.

people like frosbel was a catholic but now he is not... frosbel takes unitarian beliefs if he says he is not in any church one can believe him... you took jehovah's witness beliefs and claim you are not one of them just a fan.

so do you want to continue or do you want to start forcing errors out of nothing... like the way you did when i said "an angel and messenger" which is the same as "an angel, messenger"

there are people who care... people like you who changes their ID just maybe to escape shame or something... as for me if when am walking in the street... in public it is hard for someone to put me in shame because i dont care really. I live my life... so if you think your plans are to achieve that, I promise you that it will never work or affect me. cheesy grin cheesy you are just dealing with the wrong person.

[size=18pt]you want to continue?[/size]
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 7:28am On Aug 27, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

which blunder?

SEE THE BLUNDER AGAIN
i said this
benalvino: not really... lets look at some example
if aggelous translate an angel and messenger... why will short meaning mean and angel, and messenger? you get the point... I have told you that the angels are their nature. since satan has rebelled against God and is still called an angel is the point am making...

you quote the above in your reply and said the quote below
BERNIMOORE: cant you get the point, maybe others can help us out, this is something that has to do with understanding of english, in the university or in your PGD or other higher learning this is the reason why 'the use of english' GNS courses are always introduced, so as to get a true meaning of a notion.
^^^ now you are talking about understanding and enlish in school.. pgd, higher whatever...

then you said the blunder below in quote

what you are saying is that, Goat was created as Ewu first before it becomes animal, are you not repeating same thing that 'goat was created as Ewu first' is goat not the same Ewu? does it makes sense? althouth it is a form of 'code mixing' in the 'comm. in Eng' but it does not make sense if applied in this case.
BERNIMOORE: i dont need to do that, interpret and translations may lead us to or distract if we steered more on them,i would have loved to still prove them, but maybe we should now focus on the original meaning of agellos, to save distraction

1: i never said anything about an angel created then messenger. I never said anything about creation.
2: you show complete misunderstand of what you are explaining.
3: you went on and make the statement below
BERNIMOORE: if you can drop your pride and reason, it will be better! it is hard to admit, but i dont see any joy jumping up for showing you what you ough to have aknowledge

^^ this is after you showed you dont know what translate and interpret means... then after i point it out that you are mixing everything... you said the below
this is after you said if i drop my pride... up in one of your quote... again you are making me make big deal out of it... i first told you we should move on... after pointing your mistake with a respectful manner... then you come trying to disrespect my trying to force mistake out of nothing...

you remember when you ask frosbel for permission to post link? something you have been doing on this thread without permission and i told you how you are pretending... because you say it is respect? well i got to say you are really a pretender. seeking people to like you on the internet is the worst hobby i know lol.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 7:56am On Aug 27, 2013
this is my original post below;

show me the blunder, especially when it applies to a particular case;

[quote author=benalvino]

benalvino:

not really... lets look at some example

bernimoore;
cant you get the point, maybe others can help us out, this is something that has to do with understanding of english, in the university or in your PGD or other higher learning this is the reason why 'the use of english' GNS courses are always introduced, so as to get a true meaning of a notion.

aggelos is same with ANGEL, not translated as 'Angel', but interpreted as 'Angel', you still have 'Angel' mentioned in its short meaning (because the english oral pronounciation comes first which you mistake for interpretation purpose) and then the translation follows(messenger), the difference is that

what you are saying is that, Goat was created as Ewu first before it becomes animal, are you not repeating same thing that 'goat was created as Ewu first' is goat not the same Ewu? does it makes sense?[size=18pt] althouth it is a form of 'code mixing' in the 'comm. in Eng' but it does not make sense if applied in this case.[/size]

if you can drop your pride and reason, it will be better! it is hard to admit, but i dont see any joy jumping up for showing you what you ough to have aknowledge

bolded above, i aknowledged that 'althouth it is a form of 'code mixing'

yes, i later realised that i shouldnt have put 'not translated' because it will give an impression that im nullifying 'translate outrightly' because i was typing fast and could not notice or edit fast.

but my examples shows what i mean. my emphasis is 'on interpretations'

I actually 'personalised' it by saying 'but it does not make sense if applied in this case' in that same quote you posted, but you did not capture it along
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 8:03am On Aug 27, 2013
^^ am happy you realized and we should have had a better discussion without you trying to make someone look stupid. If I want to look stupid I will start posting rubbish again like I was doing with truthislight and you earlier then watch you respond and laugh about it. I said I am serious now and want to discuss it again and not troll like I was doing. But some how your motive here is to make someone look stupid... I can give you what you want you know... I can look stupid so you will be happy.

So should we continue or leave it?
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 8:06am On Aug 27, 2013
benalvino: @bernimoor ok lets go into meaningful discussion now... so we can get to somewhere. i am done trolling.
like i defined before i will go into more details.

object if you may... an angel means 2 things...
first a spirit being created by God to minister

[size=18pt]the word hebrew word aggelos is where angel came from... this word means an angel first then messenger...[/size] the short definition is an angel first then messenger...

[size=18pt]malawk [i]is a greek word that means messenger [/i]and the short definition is angel [/size]

so angel = messenger this applies to humans sometimes.
an angel means spirit beings with different essence of human spirit also.
the bible made clear distinction between angels and humans.
Mark 12:25 "For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven." if we are angels we can not be like them.

again we know certain people can be called angel because messenger means angel... but angel has 2 meaning which one is exclusive for the angels in heaven and the other is use for people who are messengers of the lord of course the angels are also messengers...

now the problem is satan is called a angel but he is a messenger of no one... that is the point i am trying to make... first angel is a nature of some certain creature.

It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates." (Rev 9:14)
this four angels are demons...

in your post above;

[size=14pt]see YOUR BLUNDER BOLDED ABOVE IN YOUR QUOTE, I NEVER BRAG ABOUT THAT[/size]

You confuse yourself saying Agellos is a hebrew word, while it is a greek word, CONFIRM PLS, SO THAT I CAN MAKE A MEAL OUT OF THAT

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 8:08am On Aug 27, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

in your post above;

[size=14pt]see YOUR BLUNDER BOLDED ABOVE IN YOUR QUOTE, I NEVER BRAG ABOUT THAT[/size]

You confuse yourself saying Agellos is a hebrew word, while it is a greek word, CONFIRM PLS, SO THAT I CAN MAKE A MEAL OUT OF THAT

Lol yes a blunder it was suppose to read the Greek not Hebrew.. Are you happy? Should we move on?

I accept the fact that I said the Hebrew is Greek and the Greek is Hebrew... A mistake. So can we continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

How Should I Pay My Tithe? / Why Do People Name Their Children 'jacob'. Is The Name Even Good? / There Is No Wedding Ring In The Old Or New Testaments.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.