Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,963 members, 7,841,698 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos (20461 Views)

#PHOTO Boko Haram Fights With Snakes. / NTDC Boss Fights In Brazil, Chews Contract To Cover Up Fraud / Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Burger01(m): 6:16am On Aug 21, 2013
ayinba1: .... Islam does not support this.....

You don come with your islam wahala...

Smh.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Sike(m): 6:25am On Aug 21, 2013
Maybe they can also do the "money in the bank" thingy - just like my John Cena & co.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by NiRfreak(m): 7:03am On Aug 21, 2013
after 3 years of being a guest nd an avid reader of nairaL post i finally joined.**bowing down nd foribale** my thanks goes to my pastor for dis giant and overwhelmin breakthrough.his relentless nd warfare prayers av made me triumph over d wiches of ma famli preventin me frm bein admitted into dis great institutn of intellectuals and achievers having failed registratn exam 4 three yrs,.. Help me rejoice as i believ dat on dis podium skye is my limit and togeda wil sha tak nairaland to a greater land...now my ist comment on admissn..*heaved a deep sigh*... who will adress d ishu of doping in dis context.. cos dopin wont giv a fair fightin ground.. *heaved a final sigh*
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 21, 2013
MAY THE BEST RAM WIN grin grin grin
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by tobtap: 7:33am On Aug 21, 2013
passionate88: Kwara no b northern region e dey?

kwara is 80% yoruba...12 out the 16 are fully yoruba ...so culturally most of kwara is yoruba...but politically it is in north-central
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Kinikini: 7:39am On Aug 21, 2013
Sad that the publication did not state time and security arrangement.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by CHIDONE: 7:45am On Aug 21, 2013
Spartactus things has been transfered to ram kingdom
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by frainc(m): 7:50am On Aug 21, 2013
Am begining to see that many people in this country are senseless
infact most of them don't believe that someth good can come out of them

if to say na Oyibo man start dis RAM FIGHT COMPETITION
many mumu wey dey against dis one na, for support dat Oyibo man own o

this is a sport nigeria need to support.

shey bi i no comment
abi i comment?
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Samoo01: 7:51am On Aug 21, 2013
berem:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/143039-over-n1mn-bets-placed-on-ram-fights-in-lagos.html

Why did the man plead anonymity especially when he claims the association is now legal and properly regulated unlike the medieval times? What kind of country are we in? This is why it's almost Quixotic for journalists to offer investigative bombshells because no official will tell you anything useful.

Why does he need to plead anonymity in the course of promoting his association?

And for those who scream animal cruelty, if you're not a vegetarian, then take your PETA/Western nonsense and shove it.

1 Like

Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by holajhdeee(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2013
Ram sport.promoters association of Nigeria (RSPAN). Lolz
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Greenslim: 7:56am On Aug 21, 2013
Well,such is life.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by pekelepekele(m): 8:06am On Aug 21, 2013
Ram fighting is more pleasing than the normal boxing . How i wish they can transmit this live on tv . cheesy
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by dionma: 8:17am On Aug 21, 2013
Why is there no vet doctor among the match officials. It seems to me that the health of the ram should be of great concern to the association.

1 Like

Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Annstar(f): 8:17am On Aug 21, 2013
Naija no get handiwork....
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by eightsin(m): 8:22am On Aug 21, 2013
Would luv to watch a fight some day.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Mustay(m): 8:28am On Aug 21, 2013
Burger01:

You don come with your islam wahala...

Smh.

She's right. Islam detests this practice - it's so bad that clerics have to won faithfuls to desist from such practice during 'illeya' in Nigeria. It's ignorance that makes some people think it's 'fun'. Even when the animal is being slaughtered, there are certain pre-conditions to be followed, you don't just kill them like that because they're 'animals'.

If these guys want to persist in doing this, that's their business but it's good she highlighted the caution here so people don't miscontrue the practice with Islam.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by jayriginal: 8:42am On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva: I saw this sports at the National sports festival in Ogun state a few years back and i think it's something that we must encourage. Let's create our own sporting events.

Come on Afam. These animals feel pain. It is cruelty to hurt animals for sport and entertainment.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 8:46am On Aug 21, 2013
jayriginal:

Come on Afam. These animals feel pain. It is cruelty to hurt animals for sport and entertainment.
I'm not really for or against it. I just happen to enjoy the sport. Maybe they should try and seek the consent of the animaals grin
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by MajHeadache: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2013
About N1 million, is at stake at the ongoing Best of the Season Ram Championship at Jalisco Sports Centre, Bolade, Oshodi, Lagos.

yeye
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by jayriginal: 8:49am On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm not really for or against it. I just happen to enjoy the sport. Maybe they should try and seek the consent of the animaals grin

You dont think there is something off about enjoying the pain of others even if they are brutes?
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 8:51am On Aug 21, 2013
jayriginal:

You dont think there is something off about enjoying the pain of others even if they are brutes?
But it's ok to use them for sallah meat right? Why do we as human beings dwell in hypocrisy like this.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Wittywizard(m): 9:14am On Aug 21, 2013
how many of una remember mah coil ram... I bliv it wil represent lagos state
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by buchibabe: 9:16am On Aug 21, 2013
Odunharry:
dead ke,d rams dn chop igbo ...

U go c ram make go dm go beat,e go run 4get d owner..

Dis ur pidgin sef na wa. I dey struggle to undastand am
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Wittywizard(m): 9:16am On Aug 21, 2013
i bliv all of u running ur mouth loves to see snakes fight
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by nerodenero: 9:16am On Aug 21, 2013
plaindealer: Cruelty to animals. ... Smh..
Did you say cruelty!!! What would you say about boxing and wrestling? What of Motor racing or Formula 1 that kills participants. What will you call that?
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by PENMIGHT(m): 9:18am On Aug 21, 2013
In Islam, this act is condemnable. It is an act of barbarism to incite hostility between animals. It is also abominable to want to change the natural way of life (fitra) of all things created.

It is one of the plot of Shaitan to arouse in us False desires of cruelty to animals. Islam forbade sliting the ears of cattle, deliberate inflicting of bodily harms to animal, changing their natural diet for fattening purpose or hyper-activity of mortal combat. It forbade punishing animals with fire or likes that brings torture or elongate their suffering at time of death.

Allaah decrees goodness in all spheres;including giving the rights of animals to them. Yes, we maltreat them cos we erroneously believe we have a control over them. NAY! They are only subdued to us by the power that creates everything living. In strenght, we are no match to them.

If u want to slaughter animal,slaughter with mercy,sharpen your kill object properly and kill in the most humane way that reduces agonies.

Some narrations from the children of Isrealites shows are some people were admitted to Paradise just cos of there kindness to animal. Likewise,some will be punished for making worldly gains from ill-treatment of animals. Infact, Allaah mentioned that some humans devoid of faith are just similar to cattles. Verily,they are even worse than cattles.

The Messenger said " Show mercy to the creatures on Earth,and The One above the heavens will show mercy to you"

"He is not part of us he that does not show mercy"

Allaah is Just! And He will judge between the animals and the hornless one will be made to retaliate for the harms done to it while on Earth by the horned ones. And all animals will be turned to dust!

If this befalls the animals,what will be the lot of the human acccomplise?

We should derive entertainment in other spheres and not in obvious act of cruelty to animals upon which our sustenance rest.

2 Likes

Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Longman313(m): 9:19am On Aug 21, 2013
born2fuck: Ram+money=Ramoni
bros,u funny oo
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by MrAboki: 9:22am On Aug 21, 2013
Its a very cool sports.. I'm even thinking of franchising it before all the Animal rights puppy fuckers come and spoil the show. I even want to introduce a special section.. Man versus Ram..

Beting soon available on Naijabet.com
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by AK481(m): 9:25am On Aug 21, 2013
plaindealer: Cruelty to animals. ... Smh..
then wat will u say about the bull sport?
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by dasparrow: 9:26am On Aug 21, 2013
@Post

Ram fighting in my opinion is animal cruelty and I do not support it at all as an animal advocate. Animals have no voice. We are their voice. In wrestling, the people involved get paid for it and they choose to engage in it. Animals on the other hand can't speak and do not voluntarily participate in this cruel sport where they are drugged and given beer. I don't know why many Nigerians are so heartless. No wonder peace deludes us in Nigeria due to our cruel nature.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by sweethunibun(m): 9:27am On Aug 21, 2013
A-town:

It is animal cruelty when YOU INDUCE the fight
nope its natural
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 21, 2013
“Ram owners from the 33 zones in the West,which comprises Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Osun and Kwara, assemble their rams for the annual event,” he explained.
I'm not surprised! Idleness at work. Always engaging in things that are counter-productive. Later on, they'll start looking for whose market to take over and whom to deport. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Probes Buhari, Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan Over N4tr Customs Revenue / Anambra Rep Defects To PDP As Dogara Swears In Three APC Lawmakers / Lai Mohammed: We Will Regulate, Not Shut Down Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.