Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja (1323 Views)

We’re Ready For Dissolution Of Nigeria, Says Oodua Group / Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day / (Oriental Hotel, Lekki) So, What Will Happen When Tinubu Gets To Federal Level? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by Ogbonaikenna(m): 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
The Ataoja of Osogboland, Oba
Jimoh Oyetunji Olanipekun,
Larooye II, has said that among
other transformations he is
certain would happen during his
reign is the creation of Oodua
Republic.
Oba Olanipekun, the traditional
custodian of Osogbo heritage,
made this declaration yesterday
at the Ataoja palace in Osogbo,
the Osun State capital.
The monarch, speaking in an
interview with National Mirror in
the ongoing Osun Osogbo
Festival, delved into
transformations that had
occurred in the capital city since
his ascension to the throne in
Explaining, Oba Olanipekun said
at various conferences of Yoruba
Obas, the subject of the Yoruba
people merging to form a
republic had been discussed
extensively with positive
conclusions.
According to him; “Nigeria would
be celebrating its 100th year of
amalgamation soon, we also
believe it is a good time to take
stock and examine how each of
us have fared in the foregoing
years.
He added: “Since independence,
Olusegun Obasanjo is the only
president of Yoruba extraction
that has had a successful reign.
The era of monkey working and
baboon eating the monkey’s
labour is over. I believe in my
reign as king, the Oodua
Republic will become a reality; it
may be 10 or 20 years, but it will
happen.”
The monarch said he hoped that
when this new dispensation is
comes to reality, Osogbo would
once again regain the pivotal
place it occupies in Yoruba
history by being made the capital
of the proposed republic.
Meanwhile, the crisis between
Oba Olaonipekun and other royal
families in the town over the
enthronement of the former
deepened at the weekend as the
monarch was asked to vacate the
throne.
The forum of royal families,
which made the request, said
their forefathers and deities are
angry with Oba Olaonipekun’s
illegal emergence as the king.
The forum, which poised for war
against the occupation of the
throne by Oba Olaonipekun, said
they were not in support of his
administration as the traditional
ruler of the town and threatened
to fight him legally to a standstill.
In a statement signed by the
head of Gbaemu Royal Family,
Alhaji Nasiru Oyeniyi; the head of
Oluawo- Oba royal family, Pa
Claudius Fayoyiwa; the head of
Matanmi royal family, Alhaji Asiru
Oyewole; the head of Lahami
royal family, Pa Salami Mogaji;
head of Aderohunmun royal
family, Pa Liasu Olateju and head
of Olude, Pa Samotu Olaboye on
behalf of Lajomo ruling house of
Osogbo, further cautioned the
embattled monarch to stop
deceiving people that he enjoys
supports of Osogbo royal
families.
Other royal families involved in
the statement were Matanmi,
Lahanmi as well as Olude and
Aderohunmu royal families that
form the Lajomo ruling house.
They disowned him and charged
members of the public to
disregard him on his claim,
saying he was a product of
illegality and that there was no
way the forum of royal families
would support illegality that
would not stand the test of time.
Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by DesChyko1(m): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
Okay..
Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by greenoak: 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
Oodua repblic ke.is Nigeria going to split?
Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by Asoozy: 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
Amin ase!

2 Likes

Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by Adelaide2: 12:02am On Aug 21, 2013
Oba is dreaming.
Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by cjrane: 3:09am On Aug 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

Abeg o! , we don't need to breakup now.The entire world is coming together! Look at European Union, ECOWAS,SADC, North and South American free trade zone etc. It makes more economic sense to have a big viable country than small weak mushroom countries! Let us work hard at fixing Nigeria and kill tribalism in our national life.

1 Like

Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by ImHotepX: 6:58am On Aug 21, 2013
cjrane: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

Abeg o! , we don't need to breakup now.The entire world is coming together! Look at European Union, ECOWAS,SADC, North and South American free trade zone etc. It makes more economic sense to have a big viable country than small weak mushroom countries! Let us work hard at fixing Nigeria and kill tribalism in our national life.

Why do you care?

Focus on your biafra and leave Yoruba's alone!

2 Likes

Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by ImHotepX: 6:58am On Aug 21, 2013
Amen!
Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:11am On Aug 21, 2013
Oodua a gbe wa o!
Ase.

2 Likes

Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by mendaymi: 7:35am On Aug 21, 2013
My people of Republic Of Oduduwa don't mind other enemy of progress the work has already begun in SW region,all their governors has work in progress.Fashola is the figure and the symbol of our great Republic of Oduduwa. I love my country because Oduduwa our identity and No one I repeat No one will take it away from us.I love my country thank God will have this

Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by Larryupsy: 9:04am On Aug 21, 2013
See day dreaming,Odua republic's capital at Osogbo.smh
Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by Osgilliat(m): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2013
Oba had spoken and am in support.

1 Like

Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by bloggernaija: 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
One of the pillars of the yoruba society speaking.
Re: Oodua Republic Will Happen In My Life Time- Ataoja by hunter21(m): 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
some Nigerians do not understand that africa and the black race needs a strong Nigeria. Every other region in the world has a superpower to back them up. For now, i do not surpport odua republic, we already have a strong yoruba nation in west africa and south america. let all nigerian sub nations look into the heritage that 100 years of almagation, thus living together has bequitted on us, and emerge to be the woken giant of africa

(1) (Reply)

Gov Suntai Speaks Briefly On Videotape •tape Played On Taraba Television / Ministers Fired In Target Of ‘rebel’ Governors / PDP Wins Delta Central Senatorial Bye Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.