Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi (9489 Views)

Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan, Amaechi Boasts / Pictures Of Jonathan & Amaechi In Port-Harcourt / Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by bcomputer101: 4:30am On Aug 21, 2013
Determined to resolve the crisis of confidence between President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Rotimi Amaechi, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors have decided to raise a three-man reconciliation committee.

The committee, which will be under the watch of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, may be constituted within the PDP Governors Forum, it was learnt yesterday.

But the governors have asked President Jonathan to checkmate the Minister of State for Education, Mr. Nyesom Wike, and demanded a probe of his activities.

The decisions of the governors were communicated to the President last Friday by the Chairman of the Forum, Obong Godswill Akpabio.

According to a governor, who pleaded not to be named, PDP governors are eager to reconcile the President and Amaechi as part of steps to put the party in good stead for 2015.

The source said: “Actually, there was a meeting of PDP governors as a fall-out of a meeting with ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo. Mr. President called a meeting with Akpabio and said we should harmonise the outcome of the meetings with Obasanjo.

“We summoned the meeting of PDP governors to consider reconciliation and how to move forward.

“Some of the governors mentioned the resolution of the crisis in Rivers as central to the reunification of the party and insisted that a reconciliation committee be set up.

“We decided to raise another three-man committee to reconcile Mr. President and the Rivers State governor. We agreed that the new committee should not be part of Governor Henry Seriake Dickson’s Reconciliation Committee.

“We also reached a consensus that National Chairman Bamanga Tukur should make no input in the constitution of the panel. But we said the committee should be under the watch of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo.”

Asked when the reconciliation committee will take off, the governor said: “I think by Friday, August 23rd, we should be able to constitute it. It may be an intra-PDP Governors Forum committee.”

The source also highlighted other issues tabled before the President. They include complaints against Wike, why Tukur should remain in office as the National Chairman and 2015 polls.

The source added: “Some of the governors said Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike should be checkmated and warned by the President because he is taking the Rivers crisis too far against the Chief Security Officer of the state, who is Amaechi.”

They said the President should ask relevant agencies to revisit how some governors were stoned during a solidarity visit to Rivers State by Wike’s supporters.

Adamawa State Governors Murtala Nyako was said to have come up with some allegations against Wike and asked that the President be notified of the minister’s activities.

On the fate of Tukur, the source said although some governors raised issues against the national chairman, most did not want him removed.

The source said: “Some of the governors said the alleged high-handedness of Tukur should be curtailed. They complained of not being carried along on party matters.

“In spite of the fact that at the tail end of the meeting, emotions rose on Tukur’s leadership style, majority of the governors said he should not be removed.”

The source also said the governors agreed that “2015 poll is around the corner and Rivers State is vital to PDP.

“They said PDP should not lose 2.3million votes from Rivers to the ongoing crisis.”

Another governor confirmed that early last Friday, Akpabio met with Mr. President on the decisions of the governors.

The source added: “Akpabio tabled all the decisions of the PDP governors to the President, who promised to look into all the issues, including observations on Wike.

“Akpabio, who is presently in the United States, is expected to meet with the President again on August 20.”

But it was learnt that Akpabio had also been reaching out to Amaechi and Wike.

The source said: “In the last three weeks, Akpabio has spoken four times with Amaechi. He is trying to see how reconciliation can be effected between the President and the governor.

“Akpabio has tried to call Wike to order to restore peace to Rivers State.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/pdp-panel-to-reconcile-jonathan-amaechi/
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by noobsaibot2(m): 6:10am On Aug 21, 2013
OK... Reserved.
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by martin1772(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2013
How many will they settle? He z fighting wit obj dat has nt been settled, five nothern govs case is there. Pej saga is also there.
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by mebad(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2013
But why
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by Adex097: 9:36am On Aug 21, 2013
My business??

By the way , someone told me both of them are obsessed with ogogoro..is it true
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by Eneze1(f): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2013
let's wait and see
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by fingard02k(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2013
politics?? No long enemies
but i think Jona should also set up his own commitee panel to look into it..
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by nerodenero: 9:38am On Aug 21, 2013
I think Nyesom Wike should be sacked.
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by alphaconde(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2013
Goodmorning, I have been sick and no one asked of me. Uncaring nairalanders

I know some very wicked ones will still qoute me to insult me.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by venorite(m): 9:40am On Aug 21, 2013
One word-clowns
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by homesteady(m): 9:40am On Aug 21, 2013
grin
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by kfako1: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2013
I'm personally enjoying the crisis. Politics will be boring without drama
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by mmmustapha(m): 9:41am On Aug 21, 2013
To my on understanding d fight is b/w amaechi and Pej not jonathan

2 Likes

Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by ekwerendi(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2013
PLS D SHOULD DO THIS SPEEDILY....JONATHAN N AMEACHI R GOOD LEADERS
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 21, 2013
panel ko,panel beater ni.
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by homesteady(m): 9:44am On Aug 21, 2013
By the time they reconcile, I hope those people that have been praising him will not start insulting him again!
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by mmmustapha(m): 9:44am On Aug 21, 2013
grin
alpha conde: Goodmorning, I have been sick and no one asked of me. Uncaring nairalanders

grin
alpha conde: Goodmorning, I have been sick and no one asked of me. Uncaring nairalanders

mumu did u tell us? Anyway get well soon
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by MrAboki: 9:46am On Aug 21, 2013

Brother Conde!! Paracetamol nor Antibiotic have I none, But what I have, I give unto you, in the name of Jesus Christ.. Receive your Healing..

Please we are expecting your offering of Thanksgiving via GTBank Mobile money.. grin

3 Likes

Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by Sagytarius(m): 9:47am On Aug 21, 2013
fingard02k: politice?? No long enemies
but i think Jona should also set up his own commitee panel to look into it..
wtf is politice?
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by DICKtator: 9:49am On Aug 21, 2013
Reconcile Jonathan and Amaechi?
But Jonathan said he had no problems with Amaechi so why the need for reconciliation? undecided undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by ProsperOnyema: 9:49am On Aug 21, 2013
Good for PDP if they reconcile.
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by ProsperOnyema: 9:51am On Aug 21, 2013
Good for PDP if they reconcile properly.
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by MrAboki: 10:00am On Aug 21, 2013
Amaechi should give the following conditions for negotiation;

1. The President must stop being a bitcharse and stop sponsoring Wike and the likes.

2. Patience Jonathan will never step another foot in Rivers State for the duration of their tenure. Even if the President in on an Offical Visit.

3. CSP Mbu must first be made to face an Orderly room trial and then dismissed from the Police without benefits.. angry

4. Bipi and the other 4 that tried to unseat him must kneel and kiss his ring and call him 'Godfather' on Natioanl T.V. angry

5. From henceforth, whenever the President has beef with him, he must call him and talk about it like men, instead of acting like a cvnt and bitching.. angry

3 Likes

Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by insideview: 10:02am On Aug 21, 2013
Looking at my morning tea and wondering if there's some psycotropic substance in it. Ameachi and his vanguard now want to settle? The Nation news seems to be the only paper touting this line. In an alternate universe they were the ones pushing him to fight a panzer tank with a berretta pistol. #SupremeCourt October 3rd.
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by AroOkigbo(m): 10:04am On Aug 21, 2013
Dem de quarrel before?
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by insideview: 10:04am On Aug 21, 2013
Maybe in some alternate universe. In this one, the weaker party never gives conditions for settlement. And in this case, Ameachi is the weaker party

Mr Aboki: Amaechi should give the following conditions for negotiation;

1. The President must stop being a bitcharse and stop sponsoring Wike and the likes.

2. Patience Jonathan will never step another foot in Rivers State for the duration of their tenure. Even if the President in on an Offical Visit.

3. CSP Mbu must first be made to face an Orderly room trial and then dismissed from the Police without benefits.. angry

4. Bipi and the other 4 that tried to unseat him must kneel and kiss his ring and call him 'Godfather' on Natioanl T.V. angry

5. From henceforth, whenever the President has beef with him, he must call him and talk about it like men, instead of acting like a cvnt and bitching.. angry

3 Likes

Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by Symphony007: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2013
And some simpletons tells me PDP will not loose a single vote in rivers due to ameachi. I taught ameachi is one inconsequential figure that will be dealt with soon enough. Apparently that narrative has crashed like the tower of babel..when godswill akpabio start running scared. You know something is up. Congratulations ameachi for standing up to forces ten times your size and still triumphing.

1 Like

Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by fingard02k(m): 10:06am On Aug 21, 2013
Sagytarius: wtf is politice?

i dont blame you..i guess you are posting with your phone
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by AroOkigbo(m): 10:10am On Aug 21, 2013
Mr Aboki: Amaechi should give the following conditions for negotiation;

Who should give a "condition" to the other in the following instances?
1. President or Governor?
2. Governor or LGA Chairman?
Re: PDP Panel To Reconcile Jonathan, Amaechi by PStacks(m): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2013
Power!

I love the Game of Power and Power Tussles mehn!

Av always Been Pro-Amechi and that's what I'l continue to be.

Ride on Amechi. You shall overcome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: The Mood In PDP Is Excellent – Ayu / Jesus Sent Me ! Calabar Arik Terrorist. (reuters} / Debate: Is Nigeria A Failed State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.