Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? (6205 Views)

The Pros And Cons Of Myus.com / Please Is Myus.com Still Reliable ? / How Realiable Is Www.myus.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? by alingo4life: 7:58am On Aug 21, 2013
Hello to all users of myus.com service.i want to start using their service.However i needed to know if when your package comes into Nigeria through ups or fedex,do they ship it to your apartment or you go and collect it at their office? Also do you still pay money when collecting your package?Since the payment has being done before the package leaves the states,i think you don't have to pay again..

Please i need to know how the process is..

Thanks
Re: How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 10, 2013
alingo4life: Hello to all users of myus.com service.i want to start using their service.However i needed to know if when your package comes into Nigeria through ups or fedex,do they ship it to your apartment or you go and collect it at their office? Also do you still pay money when collecting your package?Since the payment has being done before the package leaves the states,i think you don't have to pay again..

Please i need to know how the process is..

Thanks

[size=13pt]I share in your concerns my Brother, I hope someone responds cause the customer care reps would always give you the juicy side of the story.[/size]
Re: How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? by mintyx(m): 10:36am On Sep 10, 2013
@Op, myus ships both with Fedex, Ups, or DHL and they have different charges so it depends on the one you opt for. Also your goods are delivered to your adress but when there is a fee to pay, normally when your goods comes, you may have to go to thier office, after they call you, you pay up the charges and pick your goods.

Also whether there are additional charges to pay after you have paid for shipping via myus? Yeah depending on what the good is. The additional fee to pay is usually the customs clearance fee at the airport which the courier company will pay with thier money and then collect it back from you when you come for collection. The fee is not fixed and depends on so many factors.

For instance, i once recieved a package from myus containing clothes i bought, a shoe, A mobile fone, perfumes, and a tablet. It was shipped via fedex within 10 working days and i paid xtra N1,200. I noticed the package was designated as "gift Item" and maybe the reason i paid less. Hope this helps.

check out this thread for how to shop from the US that i put up
@Op, myus ships both with Fedex, Ups, or DHL and they have different charges so it depends on the one you opt for. Also your goods are delivered to your adress but when there is a fee to pay, normally when your goods comes, you may have to go to thier office, after they call you, you pay up the charges and pick your goods.

Also whether there are additional charges to pay after you have paid for shipping via myus? Yeah depending on what the good is. The additional fee to pay is usually the customs clearance fee at the airport which the courier company will pay with thier money and then collect it back from you when you come for collection. The fee is not fixed and depends on so many factors.

For instance, i once recieved a package from myus containing clothes i bought, a shoe, A mobile fone, perfumes, and a tablet. It was shipped via fedex within 10 working days and i paid xtra N1,200. I noticed the package was designated as "gift Item" and maybe the reason i paid less. Hope this helps.

check out this thread for how to shop from the US that i put up www.nairaland.com/1418753/how-buy-things-us-get
Re: How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? by arbitrage: 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
MyUS.com is an American company and does not have a Nigerian office for picking up of your items. You can know the cost of shipping your items on their site if you have the details of the dimensions and weight of your stuff. They will tell you the price before they ship your item. The courier they use is to deliver your item at your doorstep and any additional fee that came up in Nigeria is between you and the courier company. For instance, DHL may tell you that you need to pay customs dues for items before they will deliver to you after they have cleared the item, even when customs did not say so at times. That is the crooked part of the deal on Lagos DHL side at the airport. MyUS knows nothing about that area after shipment.
Re: How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? by alingo4life: 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
mintyx: @Op, myus ships both with Fedex, Ups, or DHL and they have different charges so it depends on the one you opt for. Also your goods are delivered to your adress but when there is a fee to pay, normally when your goods comes, you may have to go to thier office, after they call you, you pay up the charges and pick your goods.

check out this thread for how to shop from the US that i put up

check out this thread for how to shop from the US that i put up www.nairaland.com/1418753/how-buy-things-us-get

Hello bros,Thanks for your reply.i really do appreciate it.However on the website of myus have seen many Nigerians and they've explained most of the things you're explaining now..I really do appreciate it.

However what i deal in is majorly golf apparels,mainly golf gloves and golf shirts.However the main reason why i want to change my shipping company which is gtn-ng.com is because they take time before my package gets here..And also they do not consolidate packages,I only ship from my American friends to their place.And also at times a month which make me broke lots of time..However with what i have seen on myus i am going for them,and am going to open a premium account which i think is the best..

However i wish to buy a laptop on bestbuy.com..Do you know if they accept Nigerian credit-card?Have gone through the link you posted and it's informative..Would love to have your number so we can talk..can you post it here? mine is 08166270971..

Thanks
Re: How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? by mintyx(m): 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
alingo4life:

Hello bros,Thanks for your reply.i really do appreciate it.However on the website of myus have seen many Nigerians and they've explained most of the things you're explaining now..I really do appreciate it.

However what i deal in is majorly golf apparels,mainly golf gloves and golf shirts.However the main reason why i want to change my shipping company which is gtn-ng.com is because they take time before my package gets here..And also they do not consolidate packages,I only ship from my American friends to their place.And also at times a month which make me broke lots of time..However with what i have seen on myus i am going for them,and am going to open a premium account which i think is the best..

However i wish to buy a laptop on bestbuy.com..Do you know if they accept Nigerian credit-card?Have gone through the link you posted and it's informative..Would love to have your number so we can talk..can you post it here? mine is 08166270971..

Thanks

I havent made purchases via best buy before so i wouldnt know if they accept nigerian mastercard but u can give it a try. I will snd a text via ur number...
Re: How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 20, 2013
All I can say is they are really PROFESSIONAL...I opted for a premium account and I also chose to tag my goods as gift and also that the value of the shipment be visible on the package @mintyx I hope that would help with the custom charges? As I plan on using FedEx Express.

What I like most about myus.com is that they show you photo shots of your package when it arrives at their us warehouse.
Re: How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? by Dehley(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
When filling out our user details on myus.com, Is it advisable to pick premium over standard membership. Please, someone shoukd explain better to me.
Re: How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? by mintyx(m): 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
Dehley: When filling out our user details on myus.com, Is it advisable to pick premium over standard membership. Please, someone shoukd explain better to me.

Premium membership is always better than standard membership but if you know you can afford it, then go for it. If you are regular online buyer then its good for you but if not, you can opt for standard membership. I'm on standard membership cos i shop from the USA for personal stuffs once in a while. Read terms and conditions before joining any membership plan!
Re: How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? by mintyx(m): 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
MrMexs007: All I can say is they are really PROFESSIONAL...I opted for a premium account and I also chose to tag my goods as gift and also that the value of the shipment be visible on the package @mintyx I hope that would help with the custom charges? As I plan on using FedEx Express.

What I like most about myus.com is that they show you photo shots of your package when it arrives at their us warehouse.

Normally it should help! But in our country so many lawless things go. But those guys at myus are professionals so they will always help you to "xcape" uneccesary charges if you communicate with them before your goods are sent.

Whenever you recieve your goods, kindly share your xperiences here with them. Goodluck
Re: How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods? by Dehley(m): 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
Thanks so much for the explicit insight.

mintyx:

Premium membership is always better than standard membership but if you know you can afford it, then go for it. If you are regular online buyer then its good for you but if not, you can opt for standard membership. I'm on standard membership cos i shop from the USA for personal stuffs once in a while. Read terms and conditions before joining any membership plan!

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Exchanger For Long Time / UBA ATM Withdrawal Limit Increased From NGN100,000 To NGN150,000 Per Day? / Print Your Recharge Pin All Network,get Data Sme @240naira,with Other Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.