Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,930 members, 7,952,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

Investors Flood State Of Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Investors Flood State Of Osun (799 Views)

Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater / American Investors Flood Embassy Asking About Nigeria’s Auto Industry – Official / Wikileak: Why Omisore Should Never Become Governor Of Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investors Flood State Of Osun by veraponpo(m): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2013
GOVERNOR Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State Tuesday reiterated the commitment of his administration to provide the enabling environment to enhance rapid economic development of the state.
He gave the assurance while declaring open a one-week trade, investment and culture conference at the Centre for Black Culture and International Understanding (CBCIU), Osogbo, the sate capital.
The one-week conference attracted potential investors from the United States, the African and Caribbean Business Council (ACBC) of Philadelphia, the Christian Evangelical Economic Development, Inc. (CEED) of Pittsburgh, the WURA Arts Services & Productions, LLC (WURA) of New York City and others from Nigeria.
Addressing participants at the event, Aregbesola said the state government placed top priority on culture and tourism, agriculture, information technology, and solid minerals to drive the investment portfolio

The Guardian puts it thus:

Governor Rauf Aregbesola of the state of Osun on Wednesday received about 20 investors from the United States of America (USA) looking for investment opportunities and partnership in Osogbo, the state capital.
Aregbesola, who maintained that the government is committed to providing huge human and material resources to enable a business friendly environment, noted that the move is aimed at improving the socio economic value of the state.
The visitors took advantage of the ongoing Osun Trade, Investment and Culture Conference to make their intentions known to the governor.
The governor had visited the USA earlier in the year to deliberate on ways of creating an opportunity for the government to market its investment opportunities.
The major areas of the investment include culture and tourism, agriculture, solid mineral and information technology.
At the end of this conference, the foreign investors are expected to hold business meetings with local industrialists and also sign pacts with the state government, all in an effort to improve the economy of the state.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/130554-aregbesola-woos-investors-to-osun-
Re: Investors Flood State Of Osun by veraponpo(m): 11:46am On Aug 22, 2013
It seems his investment on roads,peace,tourism,etc is now paying off.
Re: Investors Flood State Of Osun by breadandtea(f): 11:49am On Aug 22, 2013
Ok

Re: Investors Flood State Of Osun by emiye(m): 11:52am On Aug 22, 2013
It is amazing what 2 years and 8 months of good leadership can do in a seemingly poor state.

With the current tempo,I believe the State will witness an increase in investment drive that will be noticeable to all in less than 5 years from now. The "civil service state" can also be an industrialized state.

1 Like

Re: Investors Flood State Of Osun by homesteady(m): 11:53am On Aug 22, 2013
undecided
Re: Investors Flood State Of Osun by veraponpo(m): 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
emiye: It is amazing what 2 years and 8 months of good leadership can do in a seemingly poor state.

With the current tempo,I believe the State will witness an increase in investment drive that will be noticeable to all in less than 5 years from now. The "civil service state" can also be an industrialized state.

I have been following his progress and moves and it seems there is no limit to his leadership drive. He comes from different angles. Ordinarily going by the past records of Osun State and the experience of the past, the state shloud not be in the league of the well-governed but he has changed the fate of the state and it seems there is hope for the State now. He seems to have a special and iconic wisdom for leadership.

Baba Akande called the new and speedy development in Osun a "miracle" meaning it is the least expected.
Re: Investors Flood State Of Osun by KnowAll(m): 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
A friend of mine who was actively involved in the PDP Government OF THE STATE said to me in confidence, that the truth be said, during our time in government we were just sharing money nothing to show for the 7 years of PDP in power. He confess to me, Aregbesola is doing a marvellous job.

That today, if many of the old PDP Stalwarts come home to Osogbo they would miss the road to their homes because of the un-common transformation taken place in the city. That he too almost lost his way to his house in Osogbo. Need I say my friend, like most of his fallen comrades in the PDP have relocated from Osogbo to Abuja only to come home shell shocked. shocked

1 Like

Re: Investors Flood State Of Osun by veraponpo(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
KnowAll:
A friend of mine who was actively involved in the PDP Government OF THE STATE said to me in confidence, that the truth be said, during our time in government we were just sharing money nothing to show for the 7 years of PDP in power. He confess to me, Aregbesola is doing a marvellous job.

That today, if many of the old PDP Stalwarts come home to Osogbo they would miss the road to their homes because of the un-common transformation taken place in the city. That he too almost lost his way to his house in Osogbo. Need I say my friend, like most of his fallen comrades in the PDP have relocated from Osogbo to Abuja only to come home shell shocked. shocked

I recently went to Osun too and I was glad I had a good sight to behold. The beautification, road network, new vista of development (if seen from the prism of sincerity) among other things cannot be over-emphasized. Aregbe is the bomb.
Re: Investors Flood State Of Osun by Meritbaba(m): 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
Am not surprise

(1) (Reply)

Senate Committee Chairman, Okowa, Accused Of 185m Fraud / The Emerging Gay Revolution / ASUU Vows To Continue Strike Despite The Release Of 130 Billion By The Fed Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.