Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ (1169 Views)

Military Training At International Conference Centre Abuja, Not Bomb Blast / List Of 10 Countries Buhari Visited In 181 Days In Office / The Worst State Capital You Have Visited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by dewale2k: 11:22am On Aug 22, 2013
The drama of the alleged failure of the Rivers State government officials to pay the First Family a condolence visit continues after the First Lady issued another statement, Wednesday, insisting that the state ignored her during her moment of loss.

In her second public statement in less than 72 hours, Patience Jonathan, wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, reiterated that several groups and individuals from across Nigeria paid condolence visits at the State House, Abuja.

“Many of us claim to serve God. God whether as Christians or Muslims, is compassionate in nature. If truly we serve Him, this should reflect in our actions,” Mrs. Jonathan said in the statement by Ayo Adesugba, Director of Information, Office of the First Lady.

“We restate, for the avoidance of doubt, that neither the Rivers State governor nor his wife has come to the State House, Abuja, like so many other people from all walks of life, to condole with the First Family.

“This is a gesture of compassion, which comes from the heart. The First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, therefore, holds no resentment towards anyone who does not wish to come to the State House or to her home in Port Harcourt to extend the act of commiseration,” she added.

Mrs. Jonathan lost her mother, Charity Oba, in a ghastly auto accident along the East-West Road in Rivers State, on July 22.

Since her bereavement, no official of the Rivers State government had paid the president and his wife a condolence visit, according to the First Lady.

In her first statement, late Monday, Mrs. Jonathan described the action as a ‘disrespect’ to the First Family.

“It should be noted that while several groups and individuals from across the country came to condole the first lady and Mr. President on the death of her mother, no official of Rivers state government deemed it fit to pay the first family condolence visit, yet they claimed the first lady is a daughter of Rivers state,” Mrs. Jonathan had said.

“He who must go to equity must go with clean hands. They should learn to give respect to those who deserve respect so that they too can earn respect,” she had added.

However, less than 24 hours later, photographs of Judith Amaechi, the First Lady of Rivers State, signing a condolence register at Mrs. Oba’s residence surfaced.

PREMIUM TIMES checks also revealed that in addition to Tele Ikuru, the Rivers State Deputy Governor, and other state functionaries accompanying Mrs. Amaechi on the visit in Port Harcourt; Rotimi Amaechi, the State Governor, had also issued a statement commiserating with the First Lady on her bereavement.

In her statement, late Wednesday, Mrs. Jonathan said that was not enough.

“It is instructive to note that since the death of Mrs. Charity Oba, the mother of the First Lady, several groups and individuals from across the country have come to condole the First Family at the State House, Abuja,” Mrs. Jonathan said.

“They include Executive State Governors and their wives from all the political divides; Nigeria’s former Presidents and Heads of State and their wives, captains of industry, female Ambassadors and High Commissioners of Nigeria, other members of the diplomatic corps, royal fathers and traditional leaders – the list is too numerous to call.

“However, the Governor and the wife, from the state the First Lady hails, have not paid such a visit,” Mrs. Jonathan added.

Reacting to the photographs circulating in various media, the First Lady stated that they were taken in Mrs. Oba’s home, and that the she did not receive condolence guests in her late mother’s home.

“All those who paid condolences and commiserated with Dame Patience during her visit to Rivers State, came to the First Lady’s home in Port Harcourt, where arrangements were made and facilities were made available to receive sympathizers.

“We can borrow a leaf from His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, who went to Lagos State with some members of his Executive Council, to commiserate with Governor Babatunde Fashola on the demise of his father, Alhaji Ademola Fashola.

“Death does not know age, gender or political party affiliation. Neither should compassion.”

Source premiumtimesng.com/news/143244-condolence-visit-rivers-officials-ought-to-have-visited-abuja-not-port-harcourt-says-patience-jonathan.html
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by Maxymilliano(m): 12:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
Dunno why this woman is hell bent to see the nations resources wasted on nothing.

What is it with this woman and jamboree? Will the visit wake her mother up or she just loves courting trouble?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by phantom(m): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
rubbish grin these idiots just play politics with everything.
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by decrox199(m): 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pay back time right?u want plane crash ds time uhm?
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by AZeD1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
Na by force?
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by chykeo(m): 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ayo Adesugba or what is your name, do you people even have any shame at all. Must you be spewing rubbish? Does it matter where they paid the condolence visit? Matter of fact is that they consoled with your madam. Make una respect una selves and stop insulting our sensibilities abeg. That ur madam is not cultured at all.
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
^^^

Youz lot are nothing but Haterz!!!

[img]http://kokoma360.files./2013/07/patience-jonathan-kokoma360.jpg[/img]
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by phlamy(m): 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
You need to read some of the comments on Premium times.hahahahahah
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by nnanyereugo(m): 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
I jst tink dat Rivers state as a whole shuld match 2 d abuja villa jst 4 peace 2 reign.
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by phlamy(m): 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
It appears there is a lot more to this.

Ameachi you need to pray real hard mehn.
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
dewale2k: “This is a gesture of compassion, which comes from the heart. The First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, therefore, holds no resentment towards anyone who does not wish to come to the State House or to her home in Port Harcourt to extend the act of commiseration,” she added.

do we have clowns in ASO rock or what? she holds no resentment but yet keeps bothering us with press releases!!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by seunfly: 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
I used to think that hajia Turai Yaradua is d worst first lady we ever had, now i knw we have worst of the worst

1 Like

Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by omenka(m): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
This woman's obsession with power is mind blowing! She makes Turai look like virgin Mary!
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by takedat(m): 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
cool
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
Another statement Hmnn...hope all is well.

I lost a younger brother few days ago and i have been sad & wondering from whom do I demand gesture of compassion/condolence From the president,my state governor, friends, neighbours, nigerians or must it come from nairaland

Dear G. Joshua. May you find the strenght in your journey into higher realms. Amen
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by kokoA(m): 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
A state governor should leave his busy schedule, use public funds to fuel state's aircraft just to pay condolence visit to madam.. Based on wetin naw? Mcheeeewwww.. This people are pathetic. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by Ramtzy: 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
If the deputy could be shunned at home(PH), i wonder what would have happened to the governor and his wife in abuja coming to pay her condolence....? who know sef wether wike & his bois been dey plan ambush for the governor at condolence register's place in PH, b4 d guvnor wise up & send only him wife...
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by blessgreg: 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
this stupid first lady,something is definately wrong with u. if u hate Amaechi,u are not his God,there is nothing he (Amaechi) does that ever pleases u. i hate people like u,u are looking for people to worship u because u are in power? tk God u are not God.
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
Rubbish! Governor Rotimi Amaechi and his wife should to Abuja on tax payers money just to condole with her? Again, rubbish?
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by DeCleff(m): 3:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
kokoA: A state governor should leave his busy schedule, use public funds to fuel state's aircraft just to pay condolence visit to madam.. Based on wetin naw? Mcheeeewwww.. This people are pathetic. Smh.

Which state aircraft again?

Ameachi bought an aircraft for the official of the State government officials.

But Abuja forces succeeded in grounding the jet with excuse that the jet was operating illigally in Nigeria.

Abuja forces lost a dear person and wants Ameachi to come all the way from Rivers State to Abuja for condolence visit.
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by RedMullet: 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
kokoA: A state governor should leave his busy schedule, use public funds to fuel state's aircraft just to pay condolence visit to madam.. Based on wetin naw? Mcheeeewwww.. This people are pathetic. Smh.

Your line of thought has been what is going on in my mind...

These people have trivialsed the important work of governance....

Obviously she loves and encourages the 'eye-service' type of condolences she has been receiving....

She should for one second assume that she is not the President's wife....would she expect a state governor to leave his job and pay her such visit?
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
Wow.

This is very ridiculous.
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by plaindealer: 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ramtzy: If the deputy could be shunned at home(PH), i wonder what would have happened to the governor and his wife in abuja coming to pay her condolence....? who know sef wether wike & his bois been dey plan ambush for the governor at condolence register's place in PH, b4 d guvnor wise up & send only him wife...

Exactly. The shepo is mad because she didn't get the opportunity to rubbish the man and his wife in Abuja with her crude, crass and illiterate behavior.

Seriously, what's wrong with this woman? Is she still in primary school?

Even with many that visited Fashola, so many governors and other officials in Nigeria and within Lagos state gan sef didn't visit him he's not asking for their bloody heads. Ny by force?

This woman has a serious medical condition called megalomania ( A psycho pathological disorder characterized by delusional fantasies of power, relevance, or omnipotence, feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur)

No wonder they labeled her husband kindergarten president.
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by wirinet(m): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
Was it only Amaechi and his wife that did not go to Abuja to pay condolence visit? I do not think all the 36 governors, all the 108 senators, all the 360 house of rep members and even all ministers, heads of parastatals and agencies went to Abuja to pay condolence visit to patience. I am not even sure Fashola went to Abuja to console madam president.

I think the visit of Amaechi's wife coupled with the condolence message from the rivers state government should be enough.

Madam president is taking her beef with Amaechi to far. If governors have to pay condolence visits any time a relation of the president and his wife or those of the senate president, speaker, other governors dies, then i doubt there would be time left for governance. And we have not even started talking about the elaborate burial ceremonies that usually span 3 days.
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by gtrust: 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
wirinet: Was it only Amaechi and his wife that did not go to Abuja to pay condolence visit? I do not think all the 36 governors, all the 108 senators, all the 360 house of rep members and even all ministers, heads of parastatals and agencies went to Abuja to pay condolence visit to patience. I am not even sure Fashola went to Abuja to console madam president.

I think the visit of Amaechi's wife coupled with the condolence message from the rivers state government should be enough.

Madam president is taking her beef with Amaechi to far. If governors have to pay condolence visits any time a relation of the president and his wife or those of the senate president, speaker, other governors dies, then i doubt there would be time left for governance. And we have not even started talking about the elaborate burial ceremonies that usually span 3 days.

PEJ is from Okrika in Rivers State!
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by RichDad1(m): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
Madam PEJ,Abeg Abuja na your home state? The woman wey die(your suppose mama) na Abuja una burry am? Na when Abuja don turn to Mecca or Jerusalem wey everybody need to come for pilgrimage to pay their homage to you? I beg your mama don waka and no amount of condolence
Visit go bring am back. #datzall tenk
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by Symphony007: 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
Next rivers state government will release a pic of dame judith ameachi in aso rock abuja, and the first lady team will fire back. "she did'nt come into my bedroom console me".
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by egift(m): 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
She wanted Amaechi to visit, we he leaves - The Patience will arrange an emergency International Press Conference and tell the world that Governor Amaechi came, knelt and begged her. Now she is forgiving him of all his sins which he confessed.

How can Governor Amaechi disprove that?
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by soundtruth(m): 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
Poverty is embarrassing.
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by 0monnak0da: 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Why is Ameshee so stubborn Jacob Zuma sent his wife.Abdusalam came personally as did Obasanjo. Tinubu was having surgery and even Queen Elizabeth nearly came. Then one local Port Harcourt first lady will sit down at home and say she has condoled. How?? People are so wicked!!. She along with the likes of Turai Yar A'dua decided to stay away for reasons best known to them but Jesus is alive
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by tosinjoe(m): 6:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
Very laughable
Re: Rivers Officials Ought To Have Visited Abuja, Not Port Harcourt, Says PEJ by addictiv(m): 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
[size=14pt]arrant nonsense!!!, even if he come will it bring back the deceased lady.....does she what to tell us that it was only rivers state whose officials did not visit her in Abuja?......i think we should start screening women for position of first lady so that illiterates would have no business with abuse of power. [/size]

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Apc Not Reacting To N255m Car Purchased By Ministry Of Aviation? / Alleged Money Laundering: Group Mounts Pressure On Lagos Govt To Prosecute Obi / Jonathan Sends Kuku To Confer With Pastor Bakare On National Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.