Stats: 3,155,184 members, 7,825,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

The Worst State Capital You Have Visited - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Worst State Capital You Have Visited (16489 Views)

BOKO HARAM,Since 5 Years,Common State Capital You Can't Capture.SHAME ON YOU. / Nominate Your Worst State Governor Of The Year 2012 / Who Is The Worst State Governor Ever In Human History? (2) (3) (4)

The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Afam4eva(m): 10:29am On Nov 12, 2011
Let's know the worst state capital you've visited and give reasons why you think it's the worst.

For me it's Lokoja. I don't know if there's are two Lokojas but the one i went to is a disgrace to any city in Nigeria. Even Agege is better than it. Infact, any town in Lagos(Egbeda, Iyana Ipaja, yaba) can be the capital of Kogi state. The state looks so dusty, the roads are in horrible shape etc.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by phantom(m): 10:59am On Nov 12, 2011
Benin, the place is a huge disappointment.

Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Afam4eva(m): 11:00am On Nov 12, 2011
phantom:

Benin, the place is a huge disappointment.

How?

Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by phantom(m): 11:51am On Nov 12, 2011
Really Bad roads,no businesses in the place,insecurity, terrible architecture,fetishness,
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by kasiem(m): 11:53am On Nov 12, 2011
Ado-ekiti will surelly take the lead.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by olawalebabs(m): 11:56am On Nov 12, 2011
The one i have visited, LOKOJA is the worst.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Afam4eva(m): 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2011
kasiem:

Ado-ekiti will surelly take the lead.

Have you been there before?
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Beaf: 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
afam4eva:

Let's know the worst state capital you've visited and give reasons why you think it's the worst.

For me it's Lokoja. I don't know if there's are two Lokojas but the one i went to is a disgrace to any city in Nigeria. Even Agege is better than it. Infact, any town in Lagos(Egbeda, Iyana Ipaja, yaba) can be the capital of Kogi state. The state looks so dusty, the roads are in horrible shape etc.

You gats to be kidding!
No place on Earth is worse than Iyana Ipaja! It is the definition of the word, hellhole.

Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Afam4eva(m): 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
Beaf:

You gats to be kidding!
No place on Earth is worse than Iyana Ipaja! It is the definition of the word, hellhole.

Maybe i exaggerated just a little bit but Lokoja is very bad.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by edogirl2: 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2011
incidentally, i was in ado ekiti yesterday. my first time. only ever been to 3 other state capitals, so no point saying it's the worst or not. but i genuinely felt sorry for the people. if the town had remained just that, a town, i guess it would plod along at its own pace, like several similar towns across the country. but as a state capital, it's unfit for purpose. the capital should've been located in a village/small town with adequate green/brownfield site for development. i was overwhelmed by the pitiable disarray of the place. also the 45km road to ado, from the akure-benin motorway, is the worst road i've travelled - though i admit i don't travel much. the fed needs to give a state like ekiti additionall help, starting with that inter state road. in the circumstances, i don't see any positive for an outside investor in ekiti at this point. a shame as the people are quite nice. **agree benin is not great**

Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Akanbiedu(m): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2011
Beaf, remind me please. Iyana Ipaja is capital of which state?
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Afam4eva(m): 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Beaf, remind me please. Iyana Ipaja is capital of which state?

he didn't say Iyana Ipaja is the capital of any state. he was just challenging the fact that i alluded to the fact that Ipaja is better than Lokoja.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Abagworo(m): 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
In the Southeast it is Awka.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Afam4eva(m): 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2011
Abagworo:

In the Southeast it is Awka.

I assume you have only been to the south-east. The thread implies Nigeria not just the SE.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by homerac7: 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
Damaturu for me
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by jmaine: 1:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
afam4eva:

For me it's Lokoja. I don't know if there's are two Lokojas but the one i went to is a disgrace to any city in Nigeria. Even Agege is better than it. Infact, any town in Lagos(Egbeda, Iyana Ipaja, [size=14pt]yaba[/size]) can be the capital of Kogi state. The state looks so dusty, the roads are in horrible shape etc.

How bad is Yaba ? undecided
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by kasiem(m): 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
@abagworo,
i can understand that umuahia and abakaliki are now better than awka? Ooh, wonders shall never end ooo.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by asha80(m): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
kasiem:

@abagworo,
i can understand that umuahia and abakaliki are now better than awka? Ooh, wonders shall never end ooo.

umuahia is planned and awka is not.do not even go there
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by llbhuds: 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Beaf: 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2011
afam4eva:

he didn't say Iyana Ipaja is the capital of any state. he was just challenging the fact that i alluded to the fact that Ipaja is better than Lokoja.

No need to correct that bigotted mumu called Akanbi_edu.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Andrew3(m): 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2011
Lokoja is an enigmatic failure, an epitome of chronic benightedness grin grin
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Nov 12, 2011
edo.girl:

incidentally, i was in ado ekiti yesterday. my first time. only ever been to 3 other state capitals, so no point saying it's the worst or not. but i genuinely felt sorry for the people. if the town had remained just that, a town, i guess it would plod along at its own pace, like several similar towns across the country. but as a state capital, it's unfit for purpose. the capital should've been located in a village/small town with adequate green/brownfield site for development. i was overwhelmed by the pitiable disarray of the place. also the 45km road to ado, from the akure-benin motorway, is the worst road i've travelled - though i admit i don't travel much. the fed needs to give a state like ekiti additionall help, starting with that inter state road. in the circumstances, i don't see any positive for an outside investor in ekiti at this point. a shame as the people are quite nice. **agree benin is not great**

PICTURES NEEDED . . . . We have advanced to a point where people ought to POST IMAGES to support their claims. You have a Cell Phone Camera, I am guessing, why not use it more often than not?
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2011
Ekiti. No contest.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by FreakieMoi(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
Have been to only four States' capitals and for me, Umuahia takes it. Really crappy for a State capital!

Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by kasiem(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
asha 80:

umuahia is planned and awka is not.do not even go there
yea, no doubt that umuahia and aba were planned, courtesy of the oyibos and mbakwe. But, would u agree with me that those areas are now without any sign of plan? U will vomit while walking on the roads in aba
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
it has to be lafia,nasarawa.like a driving thru a desert.and to think it in the middle belt! i wonder how damaturu is.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
Benin city the worst capital ever
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Afanna1: 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aba  shocked
Akwa
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by olawalebabs(m): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
Beaf:

No need to correct that bigotted mumu called Akanbi_edu.
not holding brief for akanbi, that adjective is too much, i demand an immediate withdrawal from you
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by ArQueBusieR(m): 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
Ado-Ekiti for sure.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by manchy7531: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ OP, You need to visit oshogbo, it looks like Aregeshola
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by pek(m): 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2011
Visited about 30 state capitals. Believe me, lafia is head and should above every other as the worst!

APC Retreat For House Of Representatives Members-Elect (Photos) / Buhari Meets John Kerry In Morocco (photo) / Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters