Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Business Closet - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Business Closet (13371 Views)

Update Your Aso-ebi Closet / Closet Malfunction: How I Bought And Wore Female Jeans For Months Without Knowin / If You Were To Raid A Celebrity Closet, Who Will You Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
This is my wishlist/stuff I like for work attire specifically. These items are not appropriate for all work settings, so please don't consider this a guide.

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
Like this blouse a lot. I would probably cover it with a jacket.

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
Suits are a must

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 10:39am On Aug 23, 2013
peplum in the office, I love bringing color to a black/white world

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2013
Sheath dress with a jacket or sweater is always a go

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 10:48am On Aug 23, 2013
Shoes

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 10:48am On Aug 23, 2013
back to that black/white world in a cool new way

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 10:50am On Aug 23, 2013
Simple works too

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2013
Strap in!

1 Like

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2013
Sensible and stylish work bags

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2013
Briefcase

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 11:13am On Aug 23, 2013
pack and go

Re: Business Closet by uzoo: 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nice collections. i like the oxford shoes. smiley

1 Like

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 5:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
Pulled a few outfits from Prep 101, but some of the shoes aren't quite office ready.

3 Likes

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
I love some of these looks and though these are expensive, they are really easy to recreate at lower prices

1 Like

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
Subtle make up is best

1 Like

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
She has a little more make up than the previous pic, but I still found it work approporiate

1 Like

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 4:05am On Aug 26, 2013
Yes to plaid

1 Like

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
So for me, a business closet is all about versatility. People spend so much time at work these days. Here are a few recs for building a basic business closet:

The Black Interview Suit: This suit is traditional, conservation, and a basic necessity.

The edgy black/grey/olive/navy blue suits: These suits have some twist to them that make them more interesting like a belt or a mandarin collar. I recommend both pants suits and skirt suits in at least some of these colors.

Silk blouses: Silk blouses are comfortable, flatter most figures, and look great tucked in or left hanging. Experiment with colors and patterns because on most occasions the shirt with be peaking out from beneath a jacket or sweater.

Button downs: Women get away with long sleeve or short sleeve button downs. My favorite for interviews is blue, but I'd also add pink and white to a basic wardrobe. Black women can especially pull of light green and light yellow.

Never let the see your toes. No sandals or peep toes is my personal rule. Black pumps, cute flats that don't look like slippers, and neutral tone shoes are great. Experiment with material: leather, suede, mixtures...etc. My maximum heel height for the office is 3 inches.

When shopping from head to toe it is a matter of fit, comfort, fabric and style. Not too tight. So often, especially young women, wear clothing too tight, short, and low cut for work. Can you sit in it? walk in it? Does it ride up when you walk? Fabric is important because the quality and durability of the clothing is all in the fabric. Invest in quality garments and you'll spend less money over time.

Again, these are recommendations not requirements. You know the type of environment you work in and the way people in your office dress.

2 Likes

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
Accessories show be small, sturdy, and complement your outfit. They should not be statement pieces, but rather, bring the look all together.

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ear bling

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
collar bling

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Add a pop of color to a simple blouse

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 11:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
Brightness

Re: Business Closet by uzoo: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
kiss aawwwww...i'm loving that green skirt with white long sleeves shirt.

Sophisticated look. smiley
Re: Business Closet by Tayeni(m): 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2013
LoveAmaka88: Pulled a few outfits from Prep 101, but some of the shoes aren't quite office ready.
my most favorite ensemble would b this! Smart skirt.

1 Like

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 3:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
Red-White-Blue

Re: Business Closet by Tayeni(m): 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
LoveAmaka88: Red-White-Blue
reminds me of the star spangled banner........lol......
for the office at daytime. then peel of d jacket for a date at nite.........................I think. I'm a guy I maybe wrong here..
Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2013
Yes, Tayeni, that's a great idea
Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 12:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
I like this. Not so formal.

Re: Business Closet by LoveAmaka88(f): 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2013
Now for what not to wear. These outfits have potential, but they need work.

Woman 1. The splayed collar when out in the 70's. Also, put on some earrings with that slicked back bun look.

Woman 2. Fire your tailor or hire one if you don't have one. The fit is way to loose and long. It looks sloppy. You'd also benefit from a splash of color on the wrist and neck.

Woman 3. Probably the least guilty, collar in and hair off the shoulders

Woman 4. I see toes with a full suit, no. Cover your toes. Throw a necklace on and try not to get anything on yourself during lunch. I'm not feeling the cuff at the bottom of the pant, but at least for this type of suit it doesn't look bad.

Woman 5. That split? Really? In what office is that OK? I like her hair cut and the jacket fit. The shoes could be a little more interesting, but they work. She needs ear bling and wrist bling.

Re: Business Closet by uzoo: 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
No 4 ...Baaadd real baddd ... ( talking about those toes ..) as a shoe lover ,i hate those shoes.

and yes No 1 can do with some earrings.

No 2 . too baggy ,too sloppy to say the least

(1) (2) (Reply)

French Curves For Sale / If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? / TECNO Sponsors LFBW2017 As Fashion Meets Technology.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.