Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Google in Yoruba - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Google in Yoruba (26616 Views)

Female Regents In Yoruba Land. / Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba / Google In Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google in Yoruba by ladex142(m): 4:33am On Jul 19, 2006
Google in Yoruba, "Great" hhhhhhhhehen  , there is a little problem  lipsrsealed. How many yoruba guys can read and write in yoruba ? shocked grin

Re: Google in Yoruba by kellorah: 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2006
ladex142:

Google in Yoruba, "Great" hhhhhhhhehen , there is a little problem lipsrsealed. How many yoruba guys can read and write in yoruba ? shocked grin
hahahaha
Re: Google in Yoruba by ironmoxie: 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2006
Having Google in Yoruba is extremely relevant because it perserves our language. There are millions of people in the world who know English and their native language as well. So we should appreciate the fact that Google has done this and not dismiss it as something insignificant because most Nigerians already know English.
Re: Google in Yoruba by hayprof(m): 10:53pm On Jul 27, 2006
smiley I've checked the site and i think its something good coming frm google.
It means we r being recognised on the map cheesy
    Bobo's wey no know Yoruba make them go learn am now
                Just Gooooooooooooooooogle grin grin grin
Re: Google in Yoruba by twinkledew(f): 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2006
this is cool.
Re: Google in Yoruba by twinkledew(f): 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2006
lol. if anyone shld insult me in yoruba it means i can google the big words and i can whoop their ass back. greattttttttttt grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Google in Yoruba by alajike: 11:12pm On Aug 04, 2006
Check my blog in yoruba

//alajike..com

Cheers
Re: Google in Yoruba by 9ja4eva: 7:05am On Mar 12, 2007
lmao
Re: Google in Yoruba by rookie(m): 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2007
-- If I'm not mistakened, This project was also open to anyone. At one point I tried to contribute by helping with some translations, then I realised that it a lot easier to speak regular Yoruba than write Yoruba in it's proper form -- c'est complex
Re: Google in Yoruba by rookie(m): 2:34pm On Mar 14, 2007
-- If I'm not mistakened, This project was also open to anyone help in translating common english phrases, expressions etc. At one point I tried to contribute, then I realised that speaking regular Yoruba is a lot easier that writing Yoruba in it's proper form -- c'est complex sa , smiley
Re: Google in Yoruba by 9ja4eva: 5:28am On Mar 15, 2007
When will google Igbo come out then?Who actually brought the idea up?
Re: Google in Yoruba by star01(m): 7:27am On Mar 15, 2007
murak obama
Re: Google in Yoruba by 9ja4eva: 7:37am On Mar 16, 2007
Are u for real?
Re: Google in Yoruba by DMW(m): 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2007
I believe strongly that there is nothing wrong in having Yoruba Google. Throughout the World, Yoruba Language and it's culture is one of the most respected. A large number of Yoruba people could not really read Yoruba language fluently. This however is due to negligence of our culture, tradition and norms. Yoruba Google is a highly welcomed development. But, then, a lot can still read and write Yoruba Language.

The question is this? how many of us takes our traditional languages important? We put our children in schools where no Nigerian traditional languages are spoken or taught. Funny right? So, even if we have Google in Igbo-Delta, how many of the tribe will be able to read it? Google has done well. So let's appraise them. In Germany, German is the language that is used to teach in schools. Finland, China, Japan and so on. So, when are we going to start respecting our culture? "what are we looking into the(courtesy- Sound Sultan)"

Soki l'obe Oge. Oo'dua agbe wa o.
Re: Google in Yoruba by Risken: 8:02am On Jan 05
hotangel2:
Yeah, because hausa is easier to learn, type write and whatnot. Yoruba has all those crazy ass marks and so many stuffs meaning the same.

What you referred to as the crazy ass marks is the easiest thing to learn. Just because YOU don't understand it doesn't mean it's crazy ass. It means YOU need enlightenment. And if you seek, you shall find.
All of Yoruba words are made from 3 sounds only. Just 3. And out of the 3 you only mark 2. What could be simpler!
As per one word with lots of different meanings, that's in most languages including English, dear. Example - run in 'run the company' is different from run in 'run so you can catch the bus'. The "company" you keep is different from the "company" that manufactured a product.
So my dear, embrace and encourage Yoruba, especially if you are Yoruba.
#WhingeOver

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today In Ondo Town, Ladies Are Not Allowed To Go Out / Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom / Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.