Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,921 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification (12284 Views)

Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today / Disqualification: APC & Buhari Reject Court's Orders Of Service / Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 23, 2013

Anambra 2013: Soludo drags APGA to court over disqualification
Written by Tunde Oyesina - Abuja
Friday, 23 August 2013 00:00
font size

THE disqualified governorship aspirant of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) in Anambra State rofessor Chukwuma Soludo, on Thursday, dragged the party before an Abuja High Court, seeking a judicial review of his disqualification.

It is recalled that Soludo and five other aspirants were, on August 16, disqualified from contesting the November 16 governorship election of the state by the APGA screening panel.

The panel had based its decision to halt the former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) participation in the August 26 APGA primaries on the basis of an ongoing investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for which he is considered a “potential high risk candidate.”

Dissatisfied, Soludo had approached the court through a motion ex parte filed by his counsel, Ikechukwu Ezechukwu, praying it to enter an order of certiorari removing and setting aside the decision of the APGA screening panel for violating the party’s constitution and the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria and to maintain the status quo ante bellum.

He also wants the court to grant an order of interim injunction restraining APGA from preventing him from participating in the primary of August 26, 2013 pending the determination of the motion on notice.

Meanwhile, the presiding judge, Justice Peter Affen, overruled the oral submission of Ezechukwu that the matter could be entertained in the FCT being the headquarters of the party, and ordered him to file further affidavits citing authorities of cases heard outside the jurisdiction of the cause of action.

As of the time of filing this report, the Nigerian Tribune gathered that the citations had been filed before the court.

The court is, however, expected to rule on whether to entertain the matter or not today.

Other reliefs sought by Soludo include an order of certiorari removing the decision of the defendant/respondent’s screening panel/appeal panel dated August 16, 2013 purporting to disqualify the plaintiff/applicant from contesting the Anambra State gubernatorial primary election 2013 to the court for quashing.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/19778-anambra-2013-soludo-drags-apga-to-court-over-disqualification.html

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 1:23am On Aug 23, 2013
I totally agree with this submission

Police or EFCC can investigate anybody of anything no matter how innocent you are

Everyone must be assumed innocent until proven guilty in the court of law!

APGA can not disqualify people based of EFCC investigation.

This is unacceptable by any standard.

8 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 23, 2013
He has the right to seek redress in court.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by bushwailo: 1:42am On Aug 23, 2013
Please Soludo Leave AdaObi and Umeh's party alone.
Go and form your own party if you want.

This is their personal property.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by yunglykmine(m): 1:50am On Aug 23, 2013
Good Move Prof.Soludo... APGA just Wanna render you helpless, you still stand a chance.
Good luck in your redress in court.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by wonda26(m): 2:22am On Aug 23, 2013
Nice move Soludo angry
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 2:32am On Aug 23, 2013
Good move. The court will surely grant his request.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by kenbee(f): 3:46am On Aug 23, 2013
1. APGA makeup gave rise to our hope.
2. Soludo entrance in APGA brought glamour, credibility and winning assurance.
3. His disqualification broke millions heart.

Prof. Soludo, we are solidly behind you on this!

5 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by cjrane: 3:55am On Aug 23, 2013
[size=15pt]OMG, i didn't know Soludo was disqualified on such flimsy baseless accusation!
I thought they said he didn't have an APGA membership card!

Soludo should fight for his right to participate in the democratic process.
Ofcourse anyone can be accused of anything.

Until such is proven in a court of law, he is assumed innocent of all the allegations.

Prolonged Military rule has made Nigerians to pay only lip service to democratic ideals. The law of assumed innocent until proven guilty is a fundamental human right of every Nigerian.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by JohnFrankling(m): 4:10am On Aug 23, 2013
Soludo please enter another party if you are so desperate to win this election go back to your PDP
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by FreeGlobe(f): 4:55am On Aug 23, 2013
while am in support of Soludo's action, I'm afraid of what will happen in the APGA primaries even when he wins the court case. He should head to another party in time. Peter Obi should be shamed of himself

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by cKaiser: 5:02am On Aug 23, 2013
The people who own the party disqualified you and you thought the court would force you down their throat
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:03am On Aug 23, 2013
So Peter Obi, Umeh and GEJ want Soludo to suffer before moving to the next stage of the democratic process.

GEJ second term assurance is tied to Soludo. I wonder how corporative Anambra will be with GEJ Administration once Ngige APC becomes Gov.

Soludo is a former member of the PDP, if anything GEJ should be fully behind him not all this bruhaha!

Don't see how all dis is in the interest of the Presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 23, 2013
Soludo knows next to nothing about politics. Soludo in court fighting to partake in primary? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Sayfat(m): 5:32am On Aug 23, 2013
DR. NGIGE ALL THE WAY.
APC! CHANGE.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by RoyalRoy(m): 5:41am On Aug 23, 2013
This is ridiculous.

Taking a party to court just to participate in the primaries?

Even if the court grants his wish does he think those who "benched" him will sit down & watch him clinch the party ticket?
And then support him in his campaign?
A new comer for that matter!!

Very Interesting twist to this Season Film.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 23, 2013
A vote for Ngige is a vote for development.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Kingsley1000(m): 6:33am On Aug 23, 2013
yunglykmine: Good Move Prof.Soludo... APGA just Wanna render you helpless, you still stand a chance.
Good luck in your redress in court.
..U'RE DE MAN PROF,WOT AN INJUSTICE...U MUST RECLAIM UR RITE.GOOD ONE
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Kingsley1000(m): 6:37am On Aug 23, 2013
Royal Roy: This is ridiculous.

Taking a party to court just to participate in the primaries?

Even if the court grants his wish does he think those who "benched" him will sit down & watch him clinch the party ticket?
And then support him in his campaign?
A new comer for that matter!!

Very Interesting twist to this Season Film.
...GUY SHUT UP.I DOESNT MEAN ANYTIN.MOREOVER,OBI ANNOINTED ONE"OBIANO{former director of fidelity bank}"CAME SAME TIME WID SOLUDO.....JUST DAH HE WANNA OUR MONEY IN FIDELITY BANK.DIS IS PURE INJUSTICE
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Dicta18: 6:47am On Aug 23, 2013
Is the Anambra really cursed? More than 80% of APGA people want Soludo. Majority of Anambra want him to lift the State up. Who is afraid of Soludo? Is it true that ogas at the top directed that Soludo must be stopped at all cost because of 2015? Why can't Igbos be allowed to put their first eleven forward? Is APGA now part of PDP? Or has it been sold to PDP? Is it still an Igbo party? Igbo youths are angry. Join us to save APGA now! Let justice be done .

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by 0nlytruth: 6:50am On Aug 23, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: So Peter Obi, Umeh and GEJ want Soludo to suffer before moving to the next stage of the democratic process.

GEJ second term assurance is tied to Soludo. I wonder how corporative Anambra will be with GEJ Administration once Ngige APC becomes Gov.

Soludo is a former member of the PDP, if anything GEJ should be fully behind him not all this bruhaha!

Don't see how all dis is in the interest of the Presidency.

My concern is that PDP and Jonathan may be planning to rig election to favor PDP in the November elections.
For the sake of our dear sake, we must make sure that they cease and desist from their selfish plans.
I am beginning to reevaluate my support for Jonathan going forward, because he seems to be involved in Soludo's troubles.
Politics is a quid pro quo business. If you support my aspirations, I support yours. Simple.
If you stiffle mine, then I would be very stupid to support yours.
I hope that they find a face saving way to give us Soludo (our true choice for governorship in Anambra state).
They caused this mess, they should fix it!

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by emiye(m): 6:55am On Aug 23, 2013
Dicta18: Is the Anambra really cursed? More than 80% of APGA people want Soludo. Majority of Anambra want him to lift the State up. Who is afraid of Soludo? Is it true that ogas at the top directed that Soludo must be stopped at all cost because of 2015? Why can't Igbos be allowed to put their first eleven forward? Is APGA now part of PDP? Or has it been sold to PDP? Is it still an Igbo party? Igbo youths are angry. Join us to save APGA now! Let justice be done .
I have always believed the current APGA is a subsidiary of the PDP group.
APGA primaries will hold in 3 days time, and it will be acted according to the script by PDP.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 23, 2013
A lot of us talk like kids. It does not matter at this point whether Soludo ends up loosing the primary. But he must be allowed to take part in the democratic process so long as he has not been convicted of anything by a court of law. Soludo has a duty to ask a court to enforce this right!

On APGA and and who wins the primary. The whole process could end up being void because it seems Maxi Okwu has a strong case that could dethrone Victor Umeh and his NWC. The screening panel and the process could even be questionaable. I also hope this is the case too. There is a age old saying that 1 week is a long time in Politics. Trust me November is centuries away and I am happy that Soludo will to go to court to seek re-dress.

I will not want him to jump to another party at this moment.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by 0nlytruth: 7:05am On Aug 23, 2013
Prof Corruption: A vote for Ngige is a vote for development.

We don't really know that for sure going by his recent antecedents.
Ngige is looking more and more selfish to decerning folks. Having said that, I may be inclined to still support him ahead of any PDP candidate. Nothing is permanent in politics except interests. My fear is that Ngige may mortgage Anambra coffers to APC and Tinubu, thereby having very little money to invest in the state, BUT my fear of PDP is that they may also sell Igbo future entirely.
The Soludo affair is making me have a rethink of supporting anything remotely related to PDP.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Clerverly: 7:06am On Aug 23, 2013
Waste time! Waste of resource!! Soludo ndo!!
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by 0nlytruth: 7:08am On Aug 23, 2013
mikeansy: A lot of us talk like kids. It does not matter at this point whether Soludo ends up loosing the primary. But he must be allowed to take part in the democratic process so long as he has not been convicted of anything by a court of law. Soludo has a duty to ask a court to enforce this right!

On APGA and and who wins the primary. The whole process could end up being void because it seems Maxi Okwu has a strong case that could dethrone Victor Umeh and his NWC. I also hope this is the case two. There is a age old saying that 1 week is a long time in Politics. Trust me November is centuries away and I am happy that Soludo is will to go to court to seek re-dress.

I will not want him to jump to another party at this moment.

Yea, me too. I have not lost all hopes. The future of Ndigbo is at stake. Thank God that this is happening in Anambra state where there are restless and tough Igbo people. Dem never born the maga that will hijack Anambra like that without a fight.

[size=14pt]Only Soludo I stand![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by emiye(m): 7:09am On Aug 23, 2013
0nlytruth:

Ngige is looking more and more selfish to decerning folks. Having said that, I may be inclined to still support him ahead of any PDP candidate. Nothing is permanent in politics except interests. My fear is that Ngige may mortgage Anambra coffers to APC and Tinubu, thereby having very little money to invest in the state, BUT my fear of PDP is that they may also sell Igbo future entirely.
The Soludo affair is making me have a rethink of supporting anything remotely related to PDP.

he didnt mortgage anambra coffers to UBA, a fellow Igbo man, it is now Tinubu, he will mortgaged anambra coffers too abi? lipsrsealed sad
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Clerverly: 7:09am On Aug 23, 2013
0nlytruth:

My concern is that PDP and Jonathan may be planning to rig election to favor PDP in the November elections.
For the sake of our dear sake, we must make sure that they cease and desist from their selfish plans.
I am beginning to reevaluate my support for Jonathan going forward, because he seems to be involved in Soludo's troubles.
Politics is a quid pro quo business. If you support my aspirations, I support yours. Simple.
If you stiffle mine, then I would be very stupid to support yours.
I hope that they find a face saving way to give us Soludo (our true choice for governorship in Anambra state).
They caused this mess, they should fix it!

Welcome back from sabbatical! We told you.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by 0nlytruth: 7:14am On Aug 23, 2013
emiye:

he didnt mortgage anambra coffers to UBA, a fellow Igbo man, it is now Tinubu, he will mortgaged anambra coffers too abi? lipsrsealed sad

APC has some real killers in their midst. Some of them are responsible for the Boko Haram start up in the North.
Ngige dare not mess with those people.
Chris Uba na small boy compared to those killers.
This why Ngige couldn't condemn a simple illegal act by Fashola.
If he cannot face Fashola, is it Tinubu or Buhari that he will face? I dey laff.

8 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 23, 2013
0nlytruth:

Your fears are unfounded. Look at Oshiomole, he's in APC but exercises a largely independent mind. He's a performer too. I have chosen Oshiomole because you wouldn't believe any one cited in SW. Is Rochas also giving Imo's funds to Tinubu? Some of your claims are laughable.

I have read a lot about Ifeanyi Ubah of Labour party and I can say authoritatively he's not fit to rule Anambra. He's a fraud just looking for opportunity to use Anambra to settle his financial woes. Moneybags have taken over PDP and there's no guarantee of something good coming from that end. This year's election is more of funeral than coronation for APGA. Who is that man from APGA to challenge Ngige? They are big nothings!

Ngige has a record that clearly testifies to his ability and from my personal assessment, he has a strength of character.
I am not saying Ngige can deliver because I think so but because he had done so in the past. There's record that speaks for him and for all his grandstanding, Obi actually failed Anambra. If Ngige had been there and continued with his zeal before the court judgement, Anambra would have been radically and pleasantly different from what we have today.

Well, if you think Ngige is not the man, who is better?

7 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by 0nlytruth: 7:28am On Aug 23, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Your fears are unfounded. Look at Oshiomole, he's in APC but exercises a largely independent mind. He's a performer too. I have chosen Oshiomole because you wouldn't believe any one cited in SW. Is Rochas also giving Imo's funds to Tinubu? Some of your claims are laughable.

I have read a lot about Ifeanyi Ubah of Labour party and I can say authoritatively he's not fit to rule Anambra. He's a fraud just looking for opportunity to use Anambra to settle his financial woes. Moneybags have taken over PDP and there's no guarantee of something good coming from that end. This year's election is more of funeral than coronation for APGA. Who is that man from APGA to challenge Ngige? They are big nothings!

Ngige has a record that clearly testifies to his ability and from my personal assessment, he has a strength of character.
I am not saying Ngige can deliver because I think so but because he had done so in the past. There's record that speaks for him and for all his grandstanding, Obi actually failed Anambra. If Ngige had been there and continued with his zeal before the court judgement, Anambra would have been radically and pleasantly different from what we have today.

Well, if you think Ngige is not the man, who is better?

My people say that a chick that will turn into a c.o.ck is known from hatchling stages.
Ngige failed a lot of his followers,(both overt and covert ones) by his handling of the deportation saga. No matter how much you people try to trivialize that issue, it is HUGE in Anambra mainly because the problems of Igbo traders (many of who are Anambra citizens) are not yet over in Lagos. We need a strong voice in the governors lodge to speak in defense of their interests. Ngige did not do that. Is it when he becomes governor that he will care about those people?
Anyway, you are right that he has a strength of character (though that may be for good or ill).
Having said all these, I am more afraid of the PDP than I would ever be of Ngige.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by 0nlytruth: 7:33am On Aug 23, 2013
Soludo should fight his disqualification to the highest court in the land. That is what Peter Obi did when he was rigged out by PDP.
In politics you have to fight for your mandate sometimes.
His hardcore followers like myself will NEVER give up on him. NEVER. cool
Our future is at stake.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Panel To Meet NLC Over Subsidy Removal, Transport Palliative / Governor Akeredolu Campaigns For Tinubu, APC Candidates In Ondo South / Oyegun To Remain APC Chairman If Convention Fails To Hold - APC NEC Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.