Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification (12295 Views)

Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today / Disqualification: APC & Buhari Reject Court's Orders Of Service / Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 23, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

I don't banter with toddlers as yourself. Check my history. Thanks

Ha ha ha.
I thought you were a strategist! Well I do not do name calling wink cheesy a potent instrument for distraction
By the way why are you so interested in Anambra Politics, to the extent of spending time to figure what Soludo should and should not do?

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by aryzgreat: 10:19am On Aug 23, 2013
I advice soludo to join any party any contest, we are ready to die to ensure he get to Awka govt house. peter obi romance with GEJ and his selfish agenda is causing us more harm than good, be that as it may be, we dnt want APC under any guise

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by OrigamiIII: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2013
0nlytruth:

My people say that a chick that will turn into a c.o.ck is known from hatchling stages.
Ngige failed a lot of his followers,(both overt and covert ones) by his handling of the deportation saga. No matter how much you people try to trivialize that issue, it is HUGE in Anambra mainly because the problems of Igbo traders (many of who are Anambra
citizens) are not yet over in Lagos. We need a strong voice in the governors lodge to speak in defense of their interests. Ngige did not do that. Is it when he becomes governor that he will care about those people?
Anyway, you are right that he has a strength of character (though that may be for good or ill).
Having said all these, I am more afraid of the PDP than I would ever be of Ngige.

Ngige cut out to me as a slightly detribalised personality which is what is required in this modern times.We don't want someone who will keep fueling the embers of ethnic discords among us anymore.We need someone who would provide opportunities for all persons of ethnic origin to prosper in anambra state without having to depend on lagos,kano or PH.We should all jetison the toga of ethnic suspicion to enable us progress in our collective fate as a nation.I like someone in the mold of Rochas.Soludo?Can't say for now.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by OrigamiIII: 10:25am On Aug 23, 2013
aryzgreat: I advice soludo to join any party any contest, we are ready to die to ensure he get to Awka govt house. peter obi romance with GEJ and his selfish agenda is causing us more harm than good, be that as it may be, we dnt want APC under any guise

"You don't want APC under any guise"
You have not given any valid and sensible reason for your position.
However,don't you think you will need APC under any guise when it comes to clinching the igbo presidency?Think very well before you talk.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by tpapi: 10:28am On Aug 23, 2013
Kingsley1000: ...GUY SHUT UP.I DOESNT MEAN ANYTIN.MOREOVER,OBI ANNOINTED ONE"OBIANO{former director of fidelity bank}"CAME SAME TIME WID SOLUDO.....JUST DAH HE WANNA OUR MONEY IN FIDELITY BANK.DIS IS PURE INJUSTICE
which school did u finish from
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Blessmira: 10:33am On Aug 23, 2013
Solo ma brother, cant u keep dis CBN money 4 a better thing.
*Jst passin* smiley
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by jamesibor: 10:37am On Aug 23, 2013
The reason Nigeria remains the way it is and merit sacrificed on the alter of mediocrity is succinctly captured in this article;

https://www.nairaland.com/1407845/truth-nigeria-nigerians-british-expat
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Ddy(m): 10:37am On Aug 23, 2013
Chukwuma Soludo.....i thouth u said u dont mind if u didnt qualify? i tot u said entering apga is just for igbo race? pls go and sleep, u have killed ur political image in nigeria
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by charsobodo(m): 10:37am On Aug 23, 2013
Since the man has not been indicted or declared guilty by any court of law, he should be allowed to contest and exercise his civic responsibility.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by BabaO2: 10:40am On Aug 23, 2013
Soludo is a high risk aspirant..., no right thinking party will make him their candidate.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by banki(m): 10:45am On Aug 23, 2013
Polymer notes.....fresh on my mind,he said they will never fade,printed them in australia cost us so much so so much,please pick a 20,50,10 or 5naira note does soludo not deserve to be flogged

He told us we were insulated from global economic crises then people lost their money inthe. Stock market nse almost crashed,does soludo not deserve to be stoned

He told us the banks were safe on a closer look cecilia akingbola atuche etc were stealing peoples money under his watch

Now he wants to turn anambara to dubi and taiwan should I still believe?
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 23, 2013
KenGali:

Underdog is a Yoruba Political Strategy which never wins anything, but keeps you in the opposition.
Soludo will play mainstream politics and slug it out with his foes, as well as build bridges with and to interest groups!
You are right to be scared for Ngige, as informed by this your veiled advice for failure. Soludo's comeback is imminent, especially after good assurances to the C-in-C! cheesy cheesy cheesy
The court could just be basically the process for legality

What rhino meant by playing the underdog doesnt really mean Soludo is an underdog. what he was trying to say is by joining a new small party, he would be playing the underdog in respect to the unpopular political party..

It think this is the best strategy because winning in court is something but winning the primaries and getting the party ticket (in a party that probably used ojoro to disqualify you) is another thing.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by gideon2842(m): 10:48am On Aug 23, 2013
ochichi nwa anu ohia....they should do their worst.. God's kingdom all the way
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Reference(m): 10:57am On Aug 23, 2013
If Soludo has issues with the Feds he's a lame duck, period. Knowing how politricks work in Nigeria someone, somewhere down the line will make Anambra ungovernable should APGA field him.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Papishi(m): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2013
0nlytruth:

My people say that a chick that will turn into a c.o.ck is known from hatchling stages.
Ngige failed a lot of his followers,(both overt and covert ones) by his handling of the deportation saga. No matter how much you people try to trivialize that issue, it is HUGE in Anambra mainly because the problems of Igbo traders (many of who are Anambra citizens) are not yet over in Lagos. We need a strong voice in the governors lodge to speak in defense of their interests. Ngige did not do that. Is it when he becomes governor that he will care about those people?
Anyway, you are right that he has a strength of character (though that may be for good or ill).
Having said all these, I am more afraid of the PDP than I would ever be of Ngige.

It seems you have forgotten too soon that it is this Peter Obi that sacked non indigenes from the state's civil service and heads did not roll. So I believe that Ngige may have been right in keeping quiet on the deportation of Anambra citizens.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 23, 2013
Crassus:

What rhino meant by playing the underdog doesnt really mean Soludo is an underdog. what he was trying to say is by joining a new small party, he would be playing the underdog in respect to the unpopular political party..

It think this is the best strategy because winning in court is something but winning the primaries and getting the party ticket (in a party that probably used ojoro to disqualify you) is another thing.

Underdog?- One can as well say you do not want to play. Soludo is man enough to match any Anambra Henchman toe to toe, he can slug to out and is doing so! Why take the path of a coward and baptise it underdog, the only thing any of them holds against him is access to Abuja, which is not far for him either.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2013
Papishi:

It seems you have forgotten too soon that it is this Peter Obi that sacked non indigenes from the state's civil service and heads did not roll. So I believe that Ngige may have been right in keeping quiet on the deportation of Anambra citizens.

Please stop spreading falsehood. Anambra State former slogan is "Home for All." Anambra has never sacked any civil servant whatsoever, right from the time of Okwadike of Igboukwu.
We are travellers and know the value of settlers in development.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 23, 2013
Who made APGA the judge in an EFCC investigation by criminalising and denying soludo a platform to serve his people I believe the truth is all about state money and fidelity bank managing anambra accounts.

Probably Obi has guaranteed to deliver anambra to PDP by 2015 and they've likewise promised him a free reing hence his quest to impose a stooge to cover his tracks and keep his investments/anambra state accounts with fidelity bank.

But will these juggernauts against his ambition allowed him to win the primaries even if the court grants his wish Naija politicians are selfish and wicked.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by liet4u(f): 11:13am On Aug 23, 2013
This person is wanted by nigeria police.she ran away with peoples money.Her name is IZUOGU PEAcE Uju from ukpo in Anambra state.he ran away with the sum of N30miLlion

Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 23, 2013
KenGali:

Underdog?- One can as well say you do not want to play. Soludo is man enough to match any Anambra Henchman toe to toe, he can slug to out and is doing so! Why take the path of a coward and baptise it underdog, the only thing any of them holds against him is access to Abuja, which is not far for him either.

I was explaining the simple English that was used to you but it seems it wont sink in. have a nice life!
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by AdviserGeneral: 11:21am On Aug 23, 2013
Royal Roy: This is ridiculous.

Taking a party to court just to participate in the primaries?

Even if the court grants his wish does he think those who "benched" him will sit down & watch him clinch the party ticket?
And then support him in his campaign?
A new comer for that matter!!

Very Interesting twist to this Season Film.

Don't forget in a haste the Rotimi Amaechi vs Celestine Omehia saga. Amaechi was disqualified by PDP spearheaded by the powers that be i.e Peter Odili the incumbent then, Austin Opara Deputy Speaker, Timi Alaibe etc, he fought back by seeking redress in court. He finally won even after Omehia has been sworn in as the governor.

Soludo is on the right track. Even if he doesn't win in the primaries, atleast he should be given the opportunity to exercise his constitutional right.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 23, 2013
omenka:
What is baseless about the accusation? Is he truely not under investion? Sentiments aside, the guy did soil his hands while in cbn, reason for which he's being investigatd.
If only we had a competent anti coruption agency and a sincere govt, the case would hav been concluded long before now. You see, this is why sometimes the govt delibrately allows cases to drag on 4 eternity, so they could use the 'pending trial' excuse to nail you when the need arises. Meanwhile when the govt seems to be doin nothing abt such cases, the accused goes back and relax thinkin abt how magnanimous they are to him.

With Soludo out, it's smooth sailing for Ngige.
How do you know this? Are you a court of law?
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by Papishi(m): 11:25am On Aug 23, 2013
KenGali:

Please stop spreading falsehood. Anambra State former slogan is "Home for All." Anambra has never sacked any civil servant whatsoever, right from the time of Okwadike of Igboukwu.
We are travellers and know the value of settlers in development.

Sorry for the misinformation. It was Abia State and not Anambra. Governor Orji I hail o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink cool
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by dozieo(m): 11:25am On Aug 23, 2013
This is just to pave the way for Andy Uba to win,meanwhile going to court will not help because in Nigeria the judges are not independent and they will always dance to the tune of the presidency who have a hand in the travails of Soludo because OBJ promised to support GJE if he can make Andy Uba the governor of Anambra state and this is just the true story!
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by stexsy(m): 11:30am On Aug 23, 2013
cjrane: [size=15pt]OMG, i didn't know Soludo was disqualified on such flimsy baseless accusation!
I thought they said he didn't have an APGA membership card!

Soludo should fight for his right to participate in the democratic process.
Ofcourse anyone can be accused of anything.

Until such is proven in a court of law, he is assumed innocent of all the allegations.

Prolonged Military rule has made Nigerians to pay only lip service to democratic ideals. The law of assumed innocent until proven guilty is a fundamental human right of every Nigerian.
[/size]
must u write like this?
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by lavivi(f): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2013
Andy Uba is the real phenomenon, Vote him,Igwebuike
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by ACM10: 11:42am On Aug 23, 2013
mikeansy: I totally agree with this submission

Police or EFCC can investigate anybody of anything no matter how innocent you are

Everyone must be assumed innocent until proven guilty in the court of law!

APGA can not disqualify people based of EFCC investigation.

This is unacceptable by any standard.

The basis for his disqualification is frivolous.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by AdviserGeneral: 11:48am On Aug 23, 2013
Prof Corruption:

It's a lost battle. If he's truly popular and has the financial muscle to fight the main election, all he needs is to take one of the idle parties and popularize it, like Mimiko did in Ondo. But I don't really see him as a serious candidate because that's late now. He should have created a parallel structure by now. He's just wasting his time going to court. He made a huge mistake moving to APGA without securing any commitment from Obi.

Never say NEVER. Remember its politics we are talking about here. Its never too late. Just like @Mikeansy said "1 week is a long time in politics". Let me draw you back a little to the 1999 PDP Jos convention, the whole political arrangement changed overnight in Obasanjo's favor against Ekwueme immediately after the meeting in Chambien Heritage Yola Adamawa just a night to the convention.

Like you rightly said, Soludo should have secured an assuring commitment from Obi before moving to APGA. I strongly agree with you there, but don't forget we are still talking of politics; No permanent friend but permanent interest. Obi might have disappointed him.

I read in one of the dailies that Soludo declared his gubernatorial interest in the presence of Obi in his home town Isuanioma.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by IGBOSON1: 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
liet4u: This person is wanted by nigeria police.she ran away with peoples money.Her name is IZUOGU PEAcE Uju from ukpo in Anambra state.he ran away with the sum of N30miLlion

^^^You sure say dis one fit run?
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by IGBOSON1: 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
dozieo: This is just to pave the way for Andy Uba to win,meanwhile going to court will not help because in Nigeria the judges are not independent and they will always dance to the tune of the presidency who have a hand in the travails of Soludo because OBJ promised to support GJE if he can make Andy Uba the governor of Anambra state and this is just the true story!

^^^What the fuc/k is OBJs business in Anambra affairs!?
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by size38: 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
I saw the death of APGA coming when Peter Obi was busy romancing with GEJ. Traveling everywhere even up to Otueke wit GEJ. In fact, Obi nearly became GEJ's PA. Its unfortunate d way Obi has sold his party for a cup of coffee. Nigeria shld be thinking about adopting an independent candidacy for us to get out of the high handedness of nigeria's political parties.
Re: Soludo Sues APGA Over Disqualification by pscott(m): 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
It still beats my imagination, why Gov. Peter obi will allow soludo the people choice to loose the APGA governorship primaries.may be Obi wants APGA to loose the governorship election in Anambra state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Be More Concerned About Human Lives Than Welfare Of Cows - Ortom Fires FG / Cement Deficit: President Buhari Commends BUA Group For Bridging The Gap / Only Someone Like Buhari Who Enjoys Backwardness Can Idolise Abacha –Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.