Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji (1217 Views)

IMO PDP GUBER: Who Has The Ticket? / Imo Guber: Who Should We Support? / Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by FreeGlobe(f): 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
There is dagger in men’s smile,” that is how
William Shakespeare captured a similar plot as
this in his days. Though this Anambra situation
seem insignificant and indeed many would
rather play it down, but the deft shafting of
Prof. Chukwuma Soludo in his quest for the
Anambra State top job portends deep-reaching
augury not just for the individual in the mix of
the shenanigans but for the entire Igbo race.
In other words, the back-stabbing and
emasculation of Soludo in his quest to lead
Anambra is a knife in the back of Ndigbo. But
the stab is deeper and more injurious because
it is obviously self-inflicted.
There is no doubt that Professor Chukwuma
Charles Soludo is the man to beat in Anambra
State’s governorship election coming up in
November. Former governor of the Central
Bank of Nigeria, CBN, who acquitted himself
most remarkably well on the job; a first class
scholar and an economist of international
renown Soludo lost narrowly to the incumbent
in the last election in 2010 flying the flag of
the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. This time,
the political calculations in his party has
changed and the new powerbrokers of PDP are
out of his league and they seem easily
discomfited by his intellectual prowess, self-
assuredness and the strong Igbo libertarian
world view. It was apparently long decided that
not only that the now tenuous umbrella of the
PDP would not provide him cover, his
contesting the Anambra guber would be
inimical to PDP’s interest.
APGA-cadabra Having determined that, Soludo
was promptly nudged out of PDP as a first
step, he was then lured into the supposedly
Igbo party, the All Progressives Grand Alliance,
APGA. Having been reassured, he promptly
purchased APGA nomination form for N10
million and was fine-tuning strategies for
participating and triumphing in the primary
when his detractors moved again. The fear of
Soludo must be the beginning of wisdom for
the PDP hawks. He was reportedly approached
to jettison his quest for the top job but he
insisted on going through with it having gone
so far. But not wanting to leave anything to
chance, a jankara screening committee was set
up by the APGA hierarchy whose primary
target was obviously Soludo. Pronto, Soludo
and some unknown quantities had been
screened out; they are not fit to contest even
in the primary. How is it that someone who
was corralled into joining APGA and who was
promised a fair shot at the contest? Someone
who had bought nomination forms for such
huge amount and who had started setting up
campaign structure is suddenly not fit to
attempt the primary?
Of course we are not told why he is not
eligible apart from the mutterings from some
quarters that he had declined to join earlier
when he was approached and that he came
around too late. But they forgot that until a
few weeks ago, APGA had been a banana case
running from one court room to another. It
can even be conjectured that Soludo was
instrumental to the rapprochement in APGA or
that APGA was reconciled for the sake of
arresting Soludo’s ambition. It does not
require a pundit to see that the race for
Anambra’s number one job is a three horse
one between Andy Uba, Chris Ngige and
Soludo. If PDP would grab Uba and APC flies
with Ngige, why would APGA shun Soludo if it
is not a marionette dangling from another
man’s strings? If the APGA clowns fool
themselves successfully, do they by any chance
imagine that they can fool the generality of
Ndigbo who had hoped that they had a party in
APGA? Which of those motley fellas they have
pre-qualified will expect to beat Uba or Ngige
in any election in Anambra State?
APGA’s nunc dimittis The PDP will take no
prisoners in this Anambra election having
serious implications for 2015. It would not
brook to share its glory in a southeast in which
Anambra is the most strategic. On the other
hand, APGA’s loss of Anambra would mark its
demise and the passing into history of a once
upon a time Igbo party. Maybe it is just as well
that APGA should die because it never served
the Igbo cause for which it was supposedly
founded. It will be trite to say that APGA
finally sold its wretched soul and litigation-
wracked body for a pot of porridge; it is quite
self evident now what we had only conjectured
all this while.
Just because we are traders does not mean that
everything we have is for sale. Some things are
supposed to be priceless, only to be nurtured
and preserved for national pride, for posterity
and for collective edification and well-being.
But the leaders of this APGA – the incumbent
governor of Anambra, Mr. Peter Obi, the
chairman of the party, Chief Chekwas Okorie
and all the other dramatis personae in this
farcical epic will have to answer to the Ndigbo
and her posterity for they rode on our back;
they will have to answer to history some day
when all this hurly-burly is done.
It will be recorded that at this critical juncture
of Igbo history, they failed us; at their moment
in the sun when they had the opportunity to
stand up for Ndigbo, to uplift them, to help
them reclaim their dignity and manhood, they
chose to trade it off.
Though Soludo may have been killed
politically, it is only a momentary setback. In
fact this deadly blow could serve as a wake-up
call for him to begin anew; change his
template, review his strategy and return to the
arena. The entire world beckons, Nigeria calls
and Igboland yawns for an authentic, honest
and fearless leadership. It may well be
providential that APGA would achieve its expiry
date soon. Away with the imp, away with the
ogbanje party; this rascal abiku has served its
inglorious time, it must move on into its pre-
destined oblivion so that Ndigbo may begin to
pick the pieces of their political lives. There is
need to find a new, genuine Igbo voice, a new
Igbo spirit and a new Igbo body that will
negotiate our place under the Nigerian sun
standing on our feet, using our head and not
our stomach.

http://omojuwa.com/2013/08/anambra-guber-who-killed-soludo-by-steve-osuji/
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by FreeGlobe(f): 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
Very brilliant article, at the end we can all agree Soludo must never quit the race. Both Peter Obi and Victor Umeh will never realize what this move will mean for them in the future, ndigbo may even treat Joe Igbokwe better than them. They are about to become both politically and ethnically leprous

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
A trite and succinct piece...but the writer goofed when he referred to Chekwas Okorie as the APGA chairman...but I ask who shall deliver Charles Soludo frm d hands of those who have sworn to humiliate him? Let history record it that it was a satanic combination of Peter Obi,Victor Umeh,Bianca Onoh and President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan who in the bid to satisfy OBJ all connived to shutdown the best chance of Ndi anambra to get their validly elected governor

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by seanet02: 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
FreeGlobe: Very brilliant article, at the end we can all agree Soludo must never quit the race. Both Peter Obi and Victor Umeh will never realize what this move will mean for them in the future, ndigbo may even treat Joe Igbokwe better than them. They are about to become both politically and ethnically leprous
. Please stop crying.
You are clogging Nairaland with your soludo nonsense.
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
See what Jonathan has caused? Too bad!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by samuelkaykay(m): 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
@topic; what killed him?RIP.
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by FreeGlobe(f): 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
seanet02: . Please stop crying.
You are clogging Nairaland with your soludo nonsense.
Shut up your stinking mouth. This thread was never about Akala, Tinubu, Fashola etc, neither is it about APC or yoruba so what are you doing opening the thread fool.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
Excellent piece, dat is wat happens wen the followers starts to lead . A leader is a leader and dat is exactly wat Soludo represents.

We are tired of politician and want leaders with Solution. Soludon 2013 grin.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
I could not have said it better

This people in APGA do not realize the project at hand

Ndigbo need closure and an evolution where people are led in a movement to see themselves not as victims or the marginalized but a people who can work together and tackle our collective challenges of poverty, industrialization, creating an economic hub in the East.

The central Government of Nigeria will never do this for us, we have to do it ourselves and this is why APGA needs Soludo!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by StCapital: 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
I am suspecting that a deal is going on between PETER OBI/APGA EXECUTHEIVES and PDP/PRESIDENCY because I believe SOLUDO is one of the best candidates for ANAMBRA GOVERNMENT HOUSE.PETER OBI/APGA EXECUTHIEVES are right now planning for APGA's DEATH and BURIAL at the same time after NOVEMBER 16th election in ANAMBRA STATE,after analysing all the write up i have read about the NOVEMBER 16TH ELECTION IN ANAMBRA,I believe that PETER OBI and APGA EXECUTHIEVES have been promised PRESIDENTIAL APPOINTMENTS to disqualify SOLUDO from being part of this election through APGA the ruling party in the state.PETER OBI wants to be relevant after office and i believe PRESIDENT JONATHAN will make him a MINISTER or any other post after serving as a governor,his future in politics after office is more important to him than APGA ruling ANAMBRA.I dont know why PETER OBI wants to field candidates that cannot win election where DR.NGIGE and DR.ANDY UBA are contesting with popular political parties.

If PETER OBI did not field SOLUDO,APGA is DEAD in SOUTH EAST.

I weep for APGA GOVERNORS.
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by seanet02: 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Shut up your stinking mouth. This thread was never about Akala, Tinubu, Fashola etc, neither is it about APC or yoruba so what are you doing opening the thread fool.
. Sorry o. You can continue crying if you want. Take heart. Babatunde Oluwatayo Balewa Ngige is the next governor of Anambra state.
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
seanet02: . Sorry o. You can continue crying if you want. Take heart. Babatunde Oluwatayo Balewa Ngige is the next governor of Anambra state.

wish you luck with that

why not create threads to say that instead of hopping on all Soludo threads?
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
This just tell igbos dat peter obi dnt have interest of igbos... He neglected the arrangement of Anambra destitutes and used it to score cheap political point... Peter Obi triggered big problem for ibos in yoruba nation... And you fools can't reason clearly... I think now dat peter obi forfeitd da chance of ur messiah Soludo u should start tinkin clearly... And as for Ojukwu widow... That's also applicable to her husband... They dnt have the interest of IGBOS... T.A ORJI is also anoda satan disguisn to be ibo mouth piece abt da deportatn saga... Igbos get WISE!!!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
If Apga foolishly decides not to field Soludo as their candidate....i'd advise them to book a funeral mass in time for their party...Afterall Ojukwu is gone, so no more voting on sentiments...No other Candidate would beat Ngige in that election!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by djon78(m): 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2013
The main issue is that soludo's camp should not just give up, they should look for other options, they can't let this chance pass them.

Also I think it is time the Igbo leaders take a good look at themselves and see the mess going on in Igboland, can things continue going on like this, is it not time they develop a clear cut vision for the region, why must Abuja be playing them like puppet on a string? Is it not time they form a party with ideology centered on the development of the east cos INEC are still registering new parties coupled with the fact that APGA has become a total failure and is dead. Honestly I think it is time my people got it right, we have the resources to turn south east into a great success but we are wasting away, I believe it is time to make serious effective change.
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by djon78(m): 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
Infact two men that I have seen in the entire Igbo politicians that have a mind of their own and cannot be bandied around like puppets are Rochas Okorocha and Chris Ngige, and with that type of mindset they will do their own plan for their people and APC will not control them like puppets.
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by lagcity(m): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
haba! why wont politician steal after getting into office? N10 million for a guber form? fooorrrk outta here, I will steal everything in govt house. jagajaga kontry.
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by texazzpete(m): 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
REHOZIBAH: A trite and succinct piece...but the writer goofed when he referred to Chekwas Okorie as the APGA chairman...but I ask who shall deliver Charles Soludo frm d hands of those who have sworn to humiliate him? Let history record it that it was a satanic combination of Peter Obi,Victor Umeh,Bianca Onoh and President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan who in the bid to satisfy OBJ all connived to shutdown the best chance of Ndi anambra to get their validly elected governor

Someone bore children for Ojukwu and you're calling her 'Bianca Onoh'. Is there no end to your imbecility?
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by texazzpete(m): 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
FreeGlobe: Very brilliant article, at the end we can all agree Soludo must never quit the race. Both Peter Obi and Victor Umeh will never realize what this move will mean for them in the future, ndigbo may even treat Joe Igbokwe better than them. They are about to become both politically and ethnically leprous

Sometimes I forget how naive you guys can be. These are rich, powerful men. They will never be shunned or derided or ostracized. This is Nigeria...that is how it is
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by ferdsmart(m): 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
@osuji...abeg,hu killed SEN Ngige coz his political career wud seald by Nov. Ndi ara. APC seeking cheap popuarity
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by PHIPEX(m): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
For the first time I feel betrayed by Obi and everyone that has anything to do with APGA leadership. If I don't find Soludo in their primaries they should kiss goodbye to whatever reputation they have in Igboland. How wicked can these politicians be?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2013

this point is so accurate
ndigbo have a very long memory when it comes to remembering those who betrayed them
we haven't even forgotten how zik put his personal interest ahead of igbo interest leading up to Nigeria's independence
all the Igbo civil war sabotuers are still known till today, and we never allow them to speak for us.
Jim nwobodo died a political death for refusing to step down for Ekwueme in the early PDP primaries
and that helped to stop Ekwueme's possible victory over obasanjo in 1999.
if peter obi completes this APGA destruction, he is finished as a person of worth in Igboland even if he owns half of Abuja.
Okwute ndi ofeke!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by IGBOSON1: 3:15am On Aug 24, 2013
re@lchange:

this point is so accurate
ndigbo have a very long memory when it comes to remembering those who betrayed them
we haven't even forgotten how zik put his personal interest ahead of igbo interest leading up to Nigeria's independence
all the Igbo civil war sabotuers are still known till today, and we never allow them to speak for us.
Jim nwobodo died a political death for refusing to step down for Ekwueme in the early PDP primaries
and that helped to stop Ekwueme's possible victory over obasanjo in 1999.
if peter obi completes this APGA destruction, he is finished as a person of worth in Igboland even if he owns half of Abuja.
Okwute ndi ofeke!

^^^I saw through this mans façade long ago.....he's vacuous, greedy, visionless, self-centred and a thief to boot! This man has spent 8 years as Governor and besides a few businesses (that he has a stake in.....the man can't do anything selfless to save his life!) which you can count on one hand; this man has left Anambra no better than it would have been if a goat were to have been at the helm of affairs for the two terms!

I spit on him and his pathetic 8 years as governor, and i'm left to wonder how and why governance in Anambra has been overrun by thugs, gangsters, chancers, and the semi-illiterate!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by seanet02: 4:46am On Aug 24, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I saw through this mans façade long ago.....he's vacuous, greedy, visionless, self-centred and a thief to boot! This man has spent 8 years as Governor and besides a few businesses (that he has a stake in.....the man can't do anything selfless to save his life!) which you can count on one hand; this man has left Anambra no better than it would have been if a goat were to have been at the helm of affairs for the two terms!

I spit on him and his pathetic 8 years as governor, and i'm left to wonder how and why governance in Anambra has been overrun by thugs, gangsters, chancers, and the semi-illiterate!
you are still crying over adaob?
We Yorubas told you when he reared his ugly head abi we no tell you grin grin
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by Nobody: 5:15am On Aug 24, 2013
seanet02: . Sorry o. You can continue crying if you want. Take heart. Babatunde Oluwatayo Balewa Ngige is the next governor of Anambra state.

An Okafor will govern lagos in no distant future

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by 1soul(m): 5:26am On Aug 24, 2013
mikeansy: I could not have said it better

This people in APGA do not realize the project at hand

Ndigbo need closure and an evolution where people are led in a movement to see themselves not as victims or the marginalized but a people who can work together and tackle our collective challenges of poverty, industrialization, creating an economic hub in the East.

The central Government of Nigeria will never do this for us, we have to do it ourselves and this is why APGA needs Soludo!
Very correct! We must be the ones to deliver our region!
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by Kingsley1000(m): 5:38am On Aug 24, 2013
Will it be wise if he relocate to another party...though,'m sure he will WIN
Re: Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji by omiobo: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2013
I like this part,"Just because we are traders does not mean
that
everything we have is for sale".

Even before now anytime Peter Obi is speaking I always feel he is traitor. I'm not wrong,not now he has proven it. Though I like Ngige,but Soludo is a good candidate. I just hate Peter Obi more for backstabbing Soludo.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING : Police Block Amaechi From Entering Government House In Port Harcourt / Gov. Fashola On Trade And Investment Visit To U.k / Ogun Community Protests Herdsmen’s Killing Of 4 Kinsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.