Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,860 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Is It Scriptural That Man Can Only Live For 70years? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Scriptural That Man Can Only Live For 70years? (3279 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Scriptural That Man Can Only Live For 70years? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
It is common saying that it is written in the bible for man to live only 70years, anything above this age is a special grace. People often say this without backing it up with the passage in the bible. We need to be enlightened, please where is it written in the bible?
Re: Is It Scriptural That Man Can Only Live For 70years? by nelklyn(m): 7:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
koastar: It is common saying that it is written in the bible for man to live only 70years, anything above this age is a special grace. People often say this without backing it up with the passage in the bible. We need to be enlightened, please where is it written in the bible?
The scripture you are looking for is
Psalm 90 vs 10  "The days of our years are threescore years and ten (seventy years)--or even, if by reason of strength, fourscore years (eighty years); yet is their pride [in additional years] only labor and sorrow, for it is soon gone, and we fly away."
Re: Is It Scriptural That Man Can Only Live For 70years? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
nelklyn:
The scripture you are looking for is
Psalm 90 vs 10  "The days of our years are threescore years and ten (seventy years)--or even, if by reason of strength, fourscore years (eighty years); yet is their pride [in additional years] only labor and sorrow, for it is soon gone, and we fly away."
I think it is just a reflection of David's opinion and not that of God
Re: Is It Scriptural That Man Can Only Live For 70years? by nelklyn(m): 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
koastar:
Okay
Re: Is It Scriptural That Man Can Only Live For 70years? by nelklyn(m): 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
koastar:
Okay
Re: Is It Scriptural That Man Can Only Live For 70years? by mumumugu(m): 4:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
I wil live for hundred years
Re: Is It Scriptural That Man Can Only Live For 70years? by Ayomivic(m): 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2013
The highest years man can live on earth is (120 years)

" And the Lord said, my spirit shall not always striff with man, for that he also is flesh. Yet his days shall be hundred and twenty years (Genesis 6:3) "
Re: Is It Scriptural That Man Can Only Live For 70years? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ayomivic: The highest years man can live on earth is (120 years)

" And the Lord said, my spirit shall not always striff with man, for that he also is flesh. Yet his days shall be hundred and twenty years (Genesis 6:3) "
This supersedes David's opinion of 70yrs since this is from God Himself. If 120yrs is the maximum age limit for man, we hear of people who spent over this age so what could be the reason for this?
Re: Is It Scriptural That Man Can Only Live For 70years? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ayomivic: The highest years man can live on earth is (120 years)

(1) (Reply)

The Basic Frame Of The Bible. / Is The Bible Encouraging Bribe? Mathew 5 Vs 25 / 2021 Prophecies From Prophet Elijah Dankano (major Seer1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.