Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,901 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (210130 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by tolfa(m): 10:43am On Feb 24, 2017
solomoncater:
What area of research are you interested in (Steel, Concrete, Timber or composite) in fire or earthquake or just static? I can help you as I am studying Civil Engineering too.

@solomoncater I will like to have a PhD in civil engineering...already have a masters in engineering geology....please can we work something out to get a PhD admission?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 11:50pm On Feb 25, 2017
Yes I can help. What do you need?
tolfa:

@solomoncater I will like to have a PhD in civil engineering...already have a masters in engineering geology....please can we work something out to get a PhD admission?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 2:04am On Feb 26, 2017
solomoncater:

brother, please i just need help about writing proposal for Phd programme in NZ uni. This is for my friend who is planning to get scholarship for postgraduate in NZ.
Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 26, 2017
I'm applying to New Zealand Schools through a scholarship board (master level) but I am finding it difficult to choose the courses (which is criteria to be filled when applying for the scholarship) unlike the Nigerian system every department has its courses, but the schools in NZ you choose your courses, so how would you know the courses meant for your discipline if you not in the system? Tried contacting a prof. in mechanical engineering but he was like I should get an admission first. Please guys I need your help.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by tolfa(m): 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
solomoncater:
if you can link me up with a supervisor such that I can tailor my research to his area of interest....is that possible?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seyo99: 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
weldonextreme:
A 2 year master gives you option for a 1 year post study visa in Australia.... Depending on ur course ur studying in New Zealand. U can stay back after ur master, but Check NZ immigration site for more info.

Thanks I already checked The skilled shortage list and my program happens to be on the list. Now I'm trying to know my PR faith after a year program. Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by tolfa(m): 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
hello am a prospective phd student/applicant...I will like to know anybody like me such that we can pull the admission and visa processing together....I think university of Auckland is a good place for PhD students cos they have a lot of researchers and research topics...no need for IELTS and scholarship is available for students with excellent grades
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by toocoded: 9:52am On Mar 04, 2017
tolfa:
hello am a prospective phd student/applicant...I will like to know anybody like me such that we can pull the admission and visa processing together....I think university of Auckland is a good place for PhD students cos they have a lot of researchers and research topics...no need for IELTS and scholarship is available for students with excellent grades
Okay bro, tired of Naija doctoral program and i'm not running on scholarship. What is your area of specialization?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by tolfa(m): 11:30am On Mar 04, 2017
toocoded:

Okay bro, tired of Naija doctoral program and i'm not running on scholarship. What is your area of specialization?
geology....what about yours?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by toocoded: 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
tolfa:

geology....what about yours?
Sociology and Psychology of Sports
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by tolfa(m): 4:26pm On Mar 04, 2017
toocoded:
Sociology and Psychology of Sports
have you checked Auckland university of they have the course?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by toocoded: 10:53pm On Mar 04, 2017
tolfa:

have you checked Auckland university of they have the course?
I haven't, doing it tonight
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by tolfa(m): 10:56pm On Mar 04, 2017
toocoded:
I haven't, doing it tonight
Alright....keep me posted
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by femijck(m): 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
To all naijakiwis here ...im glad to say I finally got my Nz visa ..Coming to Auckland next month

2 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Kingbukaz: 8:09pm On Mar 05, 2017
femijck:
To all naijakiwis here ...im glad to say I finally got my Nz visa ..Coming to Auckland next month
Congrats bro! Please, can you give us the detail of events and documents you submitted?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Kingbukaz: 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2017
tolfa:
please can we communicate on whatsapp?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Kingbukaz: 8:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
@ Solomoncater. Please I will need your help as a seeking for PhD admission in New Zealand. My field is management science. Hope to hear from you soon.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by toocoded: 11:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
tolfa:

Alright....keep me posted
Evening bro, howdy? Checked and my course is there, though Psychology and Physiology of sport and others in the department of Exercise Sciences. Sent a mail to one of the staff to make general enquiries too.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 12:28am On Mar 06, 2017
Hi All,

I will just post this to help people get answers from me quickly and faster.

I receive more than 10 emails per week from Nigerians on this forum and I think it is getting to a point where it is hard to answer all of you. below are a list of Questions I will no longer answer

1. What and where should I study? (You need to know this)
2. How can I process my Visa? (Immigration NZ is the best place to get updated info https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas)
3. Can you find me a supervisor? (check relevant school and study area)
4. Can you write my Phd proposal? (You need to write this to qualify for admission your supervisor should help you)
5. Give me your number let us talk? (We have different time difference so emails will be more appropriate)

You need to do your homework before asking for help. All I do is for free and to help Nigerians get to NZ with less hassle. I am usually busy so It is hard to answer all questions.

I can help with advice for area of residence, how to leave the airport when you arrive, What kind of accommodation to arrange prior to arrival.

If you want to study a PhD, the worst time to come is February ending - March or June/July. This is the beginning of an academic year so your process will be slow and most importantly, your cost of accommodation will be higher (Demand and Supply). The best time to come is around November-January. (This is my own observation only!).

Thanks for your kind cooperation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 12:31am On Mar 06, 2017
Yes! Management science is good. I hope this helps.

Kingbukaz:
@ Solomoncater. Please I will need your help as a seeking for PhD admission in New Zealand. My field is management science. Hope to hear from you soon.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by milo9(m): 4:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
hello house! i have HND certificate in Accounting from a Nigerian institution, Please, I'd like to know if i am eligible for any New Zealand Scholarship program
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by PNZD: 1:49pm On Mar 14, 2017
Please I applied for NZ visa for studies in University of Auckland in Feb 2017 and was contacted for further information in last week of February which I provided. I haven't heard from them since then. Should I write them again or just keep holding on? For me, I'm think I should continue being patient but I need advice from people with experience in this regard like @solomoncarter and some others I've read. Is this my decision wise because the validity period for enrollment will end in by April 3rd.
Will writing them adversely affect my application.

Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 10:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
The application generally takes 25 days to process, If it has been more than 25 days, you can simply send a follow up email asking if they received your additional supporting documents. That way you can get a reply on the status of your application too.

PNZD:
Please I applied for NZ visa for studies in University of Auckland in Feb 2017 and was contacted for further information in last week of February which I provided. I haven't heard from them since then. Should I write them again or just keep holding on? For me, I'm think I should continue being patient but I need advice from people with experience in this regard like @solomoncarter and some others I've read. Is this my decision wise because the validity period for enrollment will end in by April 3rd.

Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by PNZD: 11:32pm On Mar 14, 2017
Thanks a lot. From the day they received my application it's more than 25working days. However, from the day they received my additional information, it isn't up to 25days. So I'll wait, if I don't hear from them after then, I'll write them.

By the way, how is Auckland at this time of the year? Any heads up information on weather, people and life generally.

solomoncater:
The application generally takes 25 days to process, If it has been more than 25 days, you can simply send a follow up email asking if they received your additional supporting documents. That way you can get a reply on the status of your application too.

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tom01: 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
BiggyB242:
I'm applying to New Zealand Schools through a scholarship board (master level) but I am finding it difficult to choose the courses (which is criteria to be filled when applying for the scholarship) unlike the Nigerian system every department has its courses, but the schools in NZ you choose your courses, so how would you know the courses meant for your discipline if you not in the system? Tried contacting a prof. in mechanical engineering but he was like I should get an admission first. Please guys I need your help.
Please what scholarship board is that? Can I also apply?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
Tom01:

Please what scholarship board is that? Can I also apply?

Is expiring by month end, is a long process it isn't what you just do in a day " http://www.afterschoolafrica.com/3019/new-zealand-development-scholarships/ ", that's the link
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
PNZD:

Thanks

I heard they do not give direct admission to master programme in New Zealand, is that true?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Babsontundexzy: 10:27am On Mar 18, 2017
Good morning Nairalanders, anyone in New Zealand who can tell us more about working permit and how to apply for visa. i want to specifically know whether you would have to travel down to pretoria for visa application and stuffs like that. Thank you, nairalanders in newzealand we also nid ur cintributions
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
dammywu:
Hello guys, am new to Nairaland, I promised myself I will join when am done with visa application to New zealand.
So if you have any question about studying in NZ please do ask me.

Please is possible to get a direct admission into a master program in Engineering without going through their diploma program in NZ
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2017
tolfa:

if you can link me up with a supervisor such that I can tailor my research to his area of interest....is that possible?

Same issue

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (51) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.