Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (210931 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by PNZD: 12:47am On Mar 19, 2017
To the best of my Knowledge, this is not true.
They do give direct admission to international students. Although you have to be eligible to gain such. Their masters program is in two parts: taught and research. You can choose if you want to study for 1-yr, 18-months or 2years but I'm not sure this option covers all their Masters programmes.

Taught masters is made up of taught courses and may include a research project. You must have completed an undergraduate program from any recognized university with good grades. I read that some may require work experience so check the postgraduate site properly.

For a research masters, you must have completed a postgraduate diploma from the university or a postgraduate taught qualification from any recognized university and you will need a supervisor. I guess this is the origin of your question.

Please note that not all masters programme have these options.

My advice, go through the POSTGRADUATE website properly, both general and the departmental of your institution of interest. Also check the FAQs page of the proposed institution. If you still are not satisfied with the information, DO NOT HESITATE to contact the graduate studies secretary and postgraduate students information desk or however they call them. You can also ask them for information on supervisors. Best of luck

BiggyB242:

I heard they do not give direct admission to master programme in New Zealand, is that true?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 9:13am On Mar 20, 2017
Yes you can get a direct admission. Did you try applying?

BiggyB242:

Please is possible to get a direct admission into a master program in Engineering without going through their diploma program in NZ
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 20, 2017
PNZD:
To the best of my Knowledge, this is not true.
They do give direct admission to international students. Although you have to be eligible to gain such. Their masters program is in two parts: taught and research. You can choose if you want to study for 1-yr, 18-months or 2years but I'm not sure this option covers all their Masters programmes.

Taught masters is made up of taught courses and may include a research project. You must have completed an undergraduate program from any recognized university with good grades. I read that some may require work experience so check the postgraduate site properly.

For a research masters, you must have completed a postgraduate diploma from the university or a postgraduate taught qualification from any recognized university and you will need a supervisor. I guess this is the origin of your question.

Please note that not all masters programme have these options.

My advice, go through the POSTGRADUATE website properly, both general and the departmental of your institution of interest. Also check the FAQs page of the proposed institution. If you still are not satisfied with the information, DO NOT HESITATE to contact the graduate studies secretary and postgraduate students information desk or however they call them. You can also ask them for information on supervisors. Best of luck

Actually, I'm running out of time to go through all of that, from your experience which school do you think will be best for my profession and grade. I intend to go for a master's program in mechanical engineering and I made a 2.2 in my bachelor's. Actually, I'm applying for this NZDScholarship for Africans, getting an admission isn't a criterion, but be sure you will be accepted into the school after getting the scholarship was condition given and I find it difficult to pick my courses their system is si confusing. From my email conversation with one of the school, he was like I should get an admission first and I know that will take some time. Please give me some direction.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 20, 2017
solomoncater:
Yes you can get a direct admission. Did you try applying?

I'm applying for this NZDScholarship for Africans, getting an admission isn't a criterion, but be sure you will be accepted into the school after getting the scholarship was the condition given and I find it difficult to pick my courses their system is confusing. From my email conversation with one of the school, he was like I should get an admission first and I know that will take some time. Please give me some direction.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tom01: 10:34pm On Mar 21, 2017
seyo99:

Thanks I already checked The skilled shortage list and my program happens to be on the list. Now I'm trying to know my PR faith after a year program. Thanks

It's closed already. Thanks by the way, really appreciate.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by WhyNa: 9:41am On Mar 22, 2017
BiggyB242:

I'm applying for this NZDScholarship for Africans, getting an admission isn't a criterion, but be sure you will be accepted into the school after getting the scholarship was the condition given and I find it difficult to pick my courses their system is confusing. From my email conversation with one of the school, he was like I should get an admission first and I know that will take some time. Please give me some direction.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, the only courses available for Africans are in the areas of Agricultural development and Renewable Energy right?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Sholy29ice: 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2017
WhyNa:
Pls answer the question above

YES and No..... No in the sense that it depends on the course you studied. If you studied business admin, you could still take a masters in agribusiness which stills fall under agric development.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by WhyNa: 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
Sholy29ice:

YES and No..... No in the sense that it depends on the course you studied. If you studied business admin, you could still take a masters in agribusiness which stills fall under agric development.

Thanks for the answer. I really wanted a health related course
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
WhyNa:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, the only courses available for Africans are in the areas of Agricultural development and Renewable Energy right?

Yes, but Agricultural development and Renewable energy are broken down.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by iyke03: 11:26pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hello guys

Pls what are the documents I need to apply for NZ visa
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Makpenen(m): 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
Good morning house
I just received my offer of admission for Master in applied finance and economics from University of Canterbury, Christ church.
I am having financial issues. I applied for NZ scholarship and waiting for their response.
Pls will it be proper to accept the offer before the selection for scholarship is over? And should I inform the scholarship board of the offer? I will like to connect with those who applied for the scholarship.Thanks.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
iyke03:
Hello guys

Pls what are the documents I need to apply for NZ visa
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by PNZD: 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
hi Makpenen,

offers of admission have validity period. If you will get a response from NZ scholarship before that validity period expires, then you can wait. But if you won't, then it will be wise to accept the offer.

I equally applied for NZ scholarship. Mine is the NZDS. Is yours the same?

Makpenen:
Good morning house
I just received my offer of admission for Master in applied finance and economics from University of Canterbury, Christ church.
I am having financial issues. I applied for NZ scholarship and waiting for their response.
Pls will it be proper to accept the offer before the selection for scholarship is over? And should I inform the scholarship board of the offer? I will like to connect with those who applied for the scholarship.Thanks.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Hembelembe: 9:55am On Apr 12, 2017
Pls house, Any Nigerians in Hamilton? My hubby just got PHD admission in University of Waikato.
Pls how's life there and vis-a-vis? Thank you
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Makpenen(m): 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
PNZD:
hi Makpenen,

offers of admission have validity period. If you will get a response from NZ scholarship before that validity period expires, then you can wait. But if you won't, then it will be wise to accept the offer.

I equally applied for NZ scholarship. Mine is the NZDS. Is yours the same?

Same. Do you know when they will likely contact the winners of the award? I actually have till 1 August to accept the offer.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 11:15am On Apr 18, 2017
Hamilton is a lovely town and there are lots of Nigerians in that Uni. I know 4 of them personally. It is a 1hr drive from Auckland.
Hembelembe:
Pls house, Any Nigerians in Hamilton? My hubby just got PHD admission in University of Waikato.
Pls how's life there and vis-a-vis? Thank you
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Dbataanisia: 1:21am On Apr 19, 2017
Has anyone completed their abstract reasoning test ??
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Hembelembe: 8:52am On Apr 19, 2017
solomoncater:
Hamilton is a lovely town and there are lots of Nigerians in that Uni. I know 4 of them personally. It is a 1hr drive from Auckland.
Thanks a lot, we'll be coming by July, Pls which side of the Hamilton can one get nice affordable appartment for family of 4?, will u suggest furnished or unfurnished apartment? How long do u think it'll take me to find a job and what kind of job do you think I should go for? i.e if I need to go through a course before getting it what will be your advice? Thank you in anticipation.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Makpenen(m): 8:54am On Apr 19, 2017
Dbataanisia:
Do they use to conduct test? Is it for admission or scholarship?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Sholy29ice: 9:56am On Apr 19, 2017
Dbataanisia:

Sorry, which country are you from?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by PNZD: 1:18am On Apr 24, 2017
Please what is the best flight route or airline to Auckland from Nigeria? Trying to book a flight but I am confused?
My plan is to arrive in July, God willing.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Makpenen(m): 3:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
PNZD:
Please what is the best flight route or airline to Auckland from Nigeria? Trying to book a flight but I am confused?
My plan is to arrive in July, God willing.
Bros, the information u always share here is very vital to many of us. Pls have u secure the scholarship?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by omeje4real83: 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
Dbataanisia:

No applicant from Africa have been contacted in regard to the online test. We still await their response. I don't no if am right, because have not receive any message from NZDS.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by PNZD: 11:54am On Apr 26, 2017
I haven't been contacted and I don't think anyone has been yet. At least for applicants from Nigeria.

Makpenen:

Bros, the information u always share here is very vital to many of us. Pls have u secure the scholarship?

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by donkafor(m): 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
Forget the offer if you hope on the scholarship to fund it. The scholarship selection takes 10months and its for 2018 Semester 1. University of Auckland cancelled my application and advised me.

https://www.mfat.govt.nz/en/aid-and-development/scholarships/selection-process-and-timeline/

Makpenen:

Same. Do you know when they will likely contact the winners of the award? I actually have till 1 August to accept the offer.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by donkafor(m): 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nobody has been contacted.

https://www.mfat.govt.nz/en/aid-and-development/scholarships/selection-process-and-timeline/

omeje4real83:

No applicant from Africa have been contacted in regard to the online test. We still await their response. I don't no if am right, because have not receive any message from NZDS.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by omeje4real83: 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2017
Makpenen:
Good morning house

You can differ the admission till first semester 2018 in order to meet up with NZDS or try other available scholarship at University of Canterbury.

@ donkafor, what was the reason given for the cancellation of your application? Secondly, did you choose University of Auckland for NZDS? If yes, it definitely means that even if u where able to get the NZDS, University of Auckland might say u don't meet up with their required standard for admission. I applied to Massey University indicating that my means of sponsorship is NZDS. My application was neither rejected nor canceled. Though getting an offer is not a criteria for NZDS. However, I was given an offer of a place pending till NZDS will release the names of qualified scholars. Well, I'm also looking for a way of sourcing for other form of funding at Massey.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Makpenen(m): 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2017
omeje4real83:

You can differ the admission till first semester 2018 in order to meet up with NZDS or try other available scholarship at University of Canterbury.

@ donkafor, what was the reason given for the cancellation of your application? Secondly, did you choose University of Auckland for NZDS? If yes, it definitely means that even if u where able to get the NZDS, University of Auckland might say u don't meet up with their required standard for admission. I applied to Massey University indicating that my means of sponsorship is NZDS. My application was neither rejected nor canceled. Though getting an offer is not a criteria for NZDS. However, I was given an offer of a place pending till NZDS will release the names of qualified scholars. Well, I'm also looking for a way of sourcing for other form of funding at Massey.
Thanks. I was told the admission is for next year February may be because I indicated that I want to use NZDS as sponsor. I was also given partial scholarship based on academic performance (according to the details sent to me). I have till August to accept, defer or reject the offer. Base on the link u shared up there, I think I can wait to see the progress of my application for NZDS till August to make informed decision. I wish we can make the trend lively to keep us abreast of latest happening. #Respect
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Makpenen(m): 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
omeje4real83:

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by donkafor(m): 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
omeje4real83:

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (51) (Reply)

On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.