Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel (1590 Views)

FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks / Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by bcomputer101: 2:39am On Aug 25, 2013
•Foreign missions scramble for APC manifesto

• Opts for free market economy

The All Progressives Congress (APC) plans to untangle
the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) if
elected into power in 2015.

It also intends to pursue a free market economy policy
and devote 10 per cent of the nation’s annual budget to
Education.

Foreign missions, especially those with stake in the oil
industry, agriculture, the defence industry and with huge
reputation in the promotion of democracy and human
rights, are already scrambling for the manifesto of the
party.

The party’s plans are contained in the manifesto which
was made available to party leaders and elders on
Wednesday.

APC pledged to ensure the emergence of modern
modular refineries products and reduce importation of
petroleum products.

The manifesto says: “APC will make the industry and
Nigeria one of the world’s cutting edge degree for clean
oil and gas technologies, scientific, mega structure
installation drilling, progressing production engineers
supported with best services and research facilities.
“Fully develop the sector’s capacity to absorb more of
the nation’s new graduates in the labour market. Make
the sector produce more home-grown world class
engineers and scientists.
“Modernise the NNPC and make it the national energy
champion. Consider breaking it up into more efficient,
commercially driven unit and strip it of its regulatory
powers and enable it tap into international capital
market.”

APC also said it would promote economic policy of free
market.

The manifesto adds: “Under current circumstances,
economic illusions have literally destroyed all growth in
the real sector by their failure or refusal to acknowledge
that the country will inevitably collapse under the current
bank rate regime.

“The APC, while supporting private enterprises and free
market economy, will take every step to eradicate
predatory capitalism.”

As at press time foreign missions had been scrambling
for APC manifesto.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: “All these
missions have been requesting for the manifesto of APC
based on the demand of their home countries.
“I think they are interested in whether APC would come
up with new policies which are better than that of the
ruling party. We have given copies to the embassies who
have requested. But we know we are providing
alternatives in 2015.”

Source: thenationonlineng.net/new/apc-to-split-nnpc-end-importation-of-fuel/

2 Likes

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Nobody: 4:26am On Aug 25, 2013
Make them go boil stone, na today we de hear say nash de back. These are just collections of empty promises. Gud luck no promise say by dec 2012 light go de constant where d light nw

2 Likes

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by yang(m): 4:30am On Aug 25, 2013
This man u no dey sleep ni. People dey sleep, u dey awake dey write manifesto
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by holyvirgin: 5:38am On Aug 25, 2013
yang: This man u no dey sleep ni. People dey sleep, u dey awake dey write manifesto
Lol, please this is the only way he can provide daily bread for his family! Do you want him to be sacked?

@op I can see that Apc has their eyes also on NNPC. Thieves in sheeps clothing

1 Like

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by bcomputer101: 6:37am On Aug 25, 2013
This thread may not reach FIRST PAGE because AFAM4EVA is against any thread that speak against Jonathan.

This is the link below where AFAM a moderator on POLITICS section openly declare is support with a thread for GEJ...

www.nairaland.com/1410615/vote-jonathan-2015-what

Afam must go!!!

1 Like

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by shidof(m): 6:43am On Aug 25, 2013
Ol wat we're clamouring for is an incredible leader. nt fake promises as usual
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Alxmyr(m): 6:44am On Aug 25, 2013
Foreign Missions scramble for APC manifesto.

Really.

Maybe the manifesto was printed on diamond or gold.

1 Like

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by awodman: 6:49am On Aug 25, 2013
Alxmyr: Foreign Missions scramble for APC manifesto.

Really.

Maybe the manifesto was printed on diamond or gold.

Imagine..I couldn't help but laugh @ the hogwash concoted by the nation newspaper..the media arm of APC..

So you guys wanna split NNPC?..impressive!..but the PIB currently in consideration by the national assembly takes care of that...

10% of budget for Education?..am sorry UNESCO recommends 26%...already small countries like Ghana spend up to 30%...

1 Like

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by humpito(m): 6:52am On Aug 25, 2013
These guys are charlatans. I can't imagine Tinubu in power. The whole Nigeria could become his personal Estate.
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by bcomputer101: 7:11am On Aug 25, 2013
humpito: These guys are charlatans. I can't imagine Tinubu in power. The whole Nigeria could become his personal Estate.

SEE WHAT YOUR Papa-Decieve-Pikin(PDP) AS DONE TO NIGERIA.

•Pdp as spend over $600billion in the past 14 years? Tangible and imaginary achievements?
•23.9% unemployment rate in 2011, spiraling upward and growing at 16% per year.
•ranked 153 out of 186 countries in the UN Human Development Index(Poverty Index), External Debt of $6.67billion, Lending rate of 22% and above.
•ranked 139 out of 176 countries in TI's corruption perception index.
•A party that has spent over $16billion to generate less than 5000megawatts of epileptic electricity.
•Mismanaged over N2trillion on fuel subsidy.
•A rising domestic debt profile, import dependent economy, phenomenally- parlours state of infrastructure etc.

We all can see how PDP's culture of waste and. mediocrity has sustained a generation starved in the circle of poverty of hope, ideals and basic necessities of life....

LET'S GIVE ANOTHER PARTY A CHANCE!

6 Likes

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by owolabifunke14(f): 7:19am On Aug 25, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I did not comment
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by bcomputer101: 7:21am On Aug 25, 2013
shidof: Ol wat we're clamouring for is an incredible leader. nt fake promises as usual

IN APC I BELIEVE!!!
I am more than happy that APC has been registered. I am happy not because I am a politician, I am happy because the perennial slavery of Nigeria (at the national level) is about to come to an end).
Many that voted GEJ and not PDP have since realised that a party cannot be separated from an individual. They are one and the same! Nigeria cannot move forward if the same PDP cabal at the centre keeps winning!!!
Since d PDP can boost of little it has done for d past 16 years, why allow the same party again? Many will also argue that all politicians are the same and APC might be more worse.
This has been d tactics PDP has been using to deceive Nigerians! In d South West for instance, no one will say Agagu, Oni, Daniel, Oyinlola and Akala are better than their successors!
That aside, how can an under performing party be kept in govt for 16 years! Politics should be about options. How can we claim we are a democratic state and a party will boast of ruling for 60 years!!!

Message to APC: Please I'm pleading that the party should present a 'progressive' presidential candidate to dislodge PDP...

APC 2015!!!

1 Like

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Gbawe: 7:34am On Aug 25, 2013
holyvirgin:
Lol, please this is the only way he can provide daily bread for his family! Do you want him to be sacked?

@op I can see that Apc has their eyes also on NNPC. Thieves in sheeps clothing

When will Nairaland ever start hosting mature input form posters? Which responsible government will not deem the need to unbundle and reform NNPC a priority? Why have you guys, in a world where ideas literally print money, connoted "stealing" with the mention of oil? This is a very crude and ill-exposed mentality in my opinion because oil is nothing if Nigeria gets many things right - which is what the APC wants to achieve. APC will look to optimise the efficacy of every sector/process/activity that generate and can generate income - including oil.

Ultimately, one has to ask what exactly it is you guys want from leaders? They make an effort to give you a very good manifesto you call them "thieves in sheep clothing". When there was no manifesto you shouted that "where is their manifesto?". To be honest, I can understand why some Nigerian leaders go for broke in abusing their office and looting callously. When the people, even if they do not know or acknowledge it, resemble the leaders they chastise then Nigeria is the manifestation of such a situation.

3 Likes

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2013
Talk is cheap, if APC trys it what happended in egypt will happen in Nigeria and they will be ousted out of power from Nigeria that's if they even smell it. Talk is reall cheap, trying to end fuel importation in Nigeria means going to war with the powers that be which GEJ tried by removing subsidy and he becomes the most hated man in Nigeria by some people they powers used and will keep using. I repeat that APC can't do it, only we Nigerians can end it only when we start agreeing with each other. This is politics and those behind NNPC aint just Nigerians but there are world powers that benefit from the fuel importation.

1 Like

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by karlmax2: 7:51am On Aug 25, 2013
bcomputer101:

•Pdp as spend over $600billion in the past 14 years? Tangible and imaginary achievements?
•ranked 153 out of 186 countries in the UN Human Development Index(Poverty Index), External Debt of $6.67billion, Lending rate of 22% and above.
•A party that has spent over $16billion to generate less than 5000megawatts of epileptic electricity.
•A rising domestic debt profile, import dependent economy, phenomenally- parlours state of infrastructure etc.

We all can see how PDP's culture of waste and. mediocrity has sustained a generation starved in the circle of poverty of hope, ideals and basic necessities of life....

lemme ask u what is the unemployment rate in lagos state that apc control? Lagos is the highest indebted state in nigeria with 611 million dollars what of other Apc states that their debts has skyrocked since apc took over with nothing to show..... All what u wrote above also prevail in a state that has beeen ran by your apc for 14 years hypocrite

1 Like

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Alxmyr(m): 7:57am On Aug 25, 2013
Gbawe:

When will Nairaland ever start hosting mature input form posters? Which responsible government will not deem the need to unbundle and reform NNPC a priority? Why have you guys, in a world where ideas literally print money, connoted "stealing" with the mention of oil? This is a very crude and ill-exposed mentality in my opinion because oil is nothing if Nigeria gets many things right - which is what the APC wants to achieve. APC will look to optimise the efficacy of every sector/process/activity that generate and can generate income - including oil.

[size=14pt]Ultimately, one has to ask what exactly it is you guys want from leaders? They make an effort to give you a very good manifesto you call them "thieves in sheep clothing". When there was no manifesto you shouted that "where is their manifesto?". To be honest, I can understand why some Nigerian leaders go for broke in abusing their office and looting callously. When the people, even if they do not know or acknowledge it, resemble the leaders they chastise then Nigeria is the manifestation of such a situation. [/size]

Pray, you tell that to Alh. Lai Mohammed, Chief Bisi Akande, Mallam El- Rufai and other APC goons like you.
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by karlmax2: 8:07am On Aug 25, 2013
Alxmyr:

Pray, you tell that to Alh. Lai Mohammed, Chief Bisi Akande, Mallam El- Rufai and other APC goons like you.
tom ikimi,bello massari,achike udenwa,audu ogbe (one time pdp chairman)

1 Like

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by bcomputer101: 8:21am On Aug 25, 2013
karl max: lemme ask u what is the unemployment rate in lagos state that apc control? Lagos is the highest indebted state in nigeria with 611 million dollars what of other Apc states that their debts has skyrocked since apc took over with nothing to show..... All what u wrote above also prevail in a state that has beeen ran by your apc for 14 years hypocrite

Lagos state?
Please tell your Igbo brothers to leave lagos for us...
Most of them are jobless roaming round the street.
How do you expect FASHOLA to create job for all igbo in lagos?
Let them go back to there states for employment!
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Boss13: 8:52am On Aug 25, 2013
APC needs to release a full detailed manifesto. All these segments we are reading from the press is not okay. They should organize them and publish a blueprint on how they would implement their manifesto if elected into power.

We truly need a political party that will make PDP lose sleep and I think the APC may be that party.

1 Like

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Gbawe: 8:56am On Aug 25, 2013
Alxmyr:

Was I talking to you?
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Alxmyr(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2013
Gbawe:

Was I talking to you?

You can talk to me.
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2013
bcomputer101:

nigerians have lost all sense of objective, rather than discuss the policy and it viability, they chose to wallow in stupidity and silliness. We deserve the leaders we get.
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2013
Obiagelli:
nigerians have lost all sense of objective, rather than discuss the policy and it viability, they chose to wallow in stupidity and silliness. We deserve the leaders we get.
I dey tell you! It's very very pathetic and worrisome. Smh.... cry
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 25, 2013
I believe the government needs to create an independent regulatory body in the petroleum industry, while the nnpc goes back to its primary responsibility of being and oil company. I would like see the nnpc compete with shell, BP, Qatar gas and so on.
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Gbawe: 9:22am On Aug 25, 2013
Obiagelli:

Thank you. "Stupidity and silliness" describes the antics of some aptly. The problem for some Nairalanders is that they have, by virtue of their clannish support of GEJ, being put in a position where they feel duty-bound to also support the PDP. Tricky situation because no one can offer valid explanations/excuses for the failures of the PDP. When some now find themselves in such a position, with a weak and frustrated hand, they strike back with "stupidity and silliness". Same as how the Butcher deliberately selling rotten meat is often the most aggressive, emptily defensive and confrontational when you try to show the meat on offer is poor.
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 25, 2013
berem: I dey tell you! It's very very pathetic and worrisome. Smh.... cry
very pathetic, you can imagine an undergraduate arguing against Assu when its clear that our universities can't even match most west African countries talkless of the world, universities without hostels, empty/archive libraries. I pity this nation.
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2013
Gbawe:

Same as how the Butcher deliberately selling rotten meat is often the most aggressive, emptily defensive and confrontational when you try to show the meat on offer is poor.
this perfectly discribes the replies the presidency gives to criticism and its fast becoming the norm.
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by gramci: 9:34am On Aug 25, 2013
Clowns, so APC's manifesto don turn lottery ticket grin
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Alxmyr(m): 9:54am On Aug 25, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you. "Stupidity and silliness" describes the antics of some aptly. The problem for some Nairalanders is that they have, by virtue of their clannish support of GEJ, being put in a position where they feel duty-bound to also support the PDP. Tricky situation because no one can offer valid explanations/excuses for the failures of the PDP. When some now find themselves in such a position, with a weak and frustrated hand, they strike back with "stupidity and silliness". Same as how the Butcher deliberately selling rotten meat is often the most aggressive, emptily defensive and confrontational when you try to show the meat on offer is poor.

You don't seems to get it.
What people are craving for is an innovative way of running government businesses and not a copy and paste PDP manifesto.
Splitting NNPC is not new. Everybody know that PIB has already taken charge of that.
Building modular refinery and stopping importation of fuel is not new thing to say, the question is how and where will the investors and the fund come from?
10% budget allocation is nothing new. PDP already is doing around 10% budgetary allocation.
Free education in primary and secondary school is not new, Most state government already give free education. As a matter of fact there is hardly a state in Nigeria that primary and secondary education is paid for.
The real issue is the quality of education that is free. Nigeria don't want free education, but quality education that they don't need to pay through their nose to get in private schools.
The manifesto talked about free enterprise on one hand. In another breathe, it says it will checkmate capitalism. How will the party achieve that, what mechanism are they going to use?
These are the questions you guys should answer and not stroll threads abusing people.

2 Likes

Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by kunlekunle: 10:04am On Aug 25, 2013
gboss4sure: Talk is cheap, if APC trys it what happended in egypt will happen in Nigeria and they will be ousted out of power from Nigeria that's if they even smell it. Talk is reall cheap, trying to end fuel importation in Nigeria means going to war with the powers that be which GEJ tried by removing subsidy and he becomes the most hated man in Nigeria by some people they powers used and will keep using. I repeat that APC can't do it, only we Nigerians can end it only when we start agreeing with each other. This is politics and those behind NNPC aint just Nigerians but there are world powers that benefit from the fuel importation.

thats why you need someone who can go where no one ventures, someone who can do nigeria the most honourable help.
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2013
Alxmyr:

You don't seems to get it.
What people are craving for is an innovative way of running government businesses and not a copy and paste PDP manifesto.
Splitting NNPC is not new. Everybody know that PIB has already taken charge of that.
Building modular refinery and stopping importation of fuel is not new thing to say, the question is how and where will the investors and the fund come from?
10% budget allocation is nothing new. PDP already is doing around 10% budgetary allocation.
Free education in primary and secondary school is not new, Most state government already give free education. As a matter of fact there is hardly a state in Nigeria that primary and secondary education is paid for.
The real issue is the quality of education that is free. Nigeria don't want free education, but quality education that they don't need to pay through their nose to get in private schools.
The manifesto talked about free enterprise on one hand. In another breathe, it says it will checkmate capitalism. How will the party achieve that, what mechanism are they going to use?
These are the questions you guys should answer and not stroll threads abusing people.
becos the pdp says and doesn't act isn't a yardstick to measure others, we have seen governments in Nigeria that have implemented their policies to the letter, we all know what our problems are and alll we need is someone to fix them, are you expecting the APC to come up with new problems or what? Are you telling me their are no funds to build refineries or power stations
Re: APC to split NNPC, end importation of fuel by holyvirgin: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2013
Gbawe:

Ultimately, one has to ask what exactly it is you guys want from leaders? They make an effort to give you a very good manifesto you call them "thieves in sheep clothing". When there was no manifesto you shouted that "where is their manifesto?". To be honest, I can understand why some Nigerian leaders go for broke in abusing their office and looting callously. When the people, even if they do not know or acknowledge it, resemble the leaders they chastise then Nigeria is the manifestation of such a situation.

I don't need to read APC's manifesto before I conclude that they are thieves and has nothing good to offer nigeria.
ApC is a party of rogues . Untill I see tangible evidences and progress in Apc controlled state only then can your argument hold water for now they emain bunch of liars. Ce fini

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor T.A Orji Building A Solid Foundation Upon Which Abia Will Stand / KORO To Defect From PDP... Considering APC / The President's Response To Questions, OBJ vs GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.