Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries (31978 Views)

About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab / Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? / What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by tonychristopher: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
WE HAVE LOST IT ALL, AND WHEN YOU INTRVIEW THIS KIDS THEY ARE DULLARDS EXPECIALLY TH WOMEN
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by uched218(m): 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
Uncladness is an African thing. We should stop blaming the West. Africa had no fashion sense before the advent of the West. They gave us clothes but we still prefer our Adamic nature.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by Mjjordan(m): 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2013
i dont concur to those sagacious comments i'v gone through.criticising the Op and making it look as if she is not being truthful!she has given her own opinion and i'm suporting her with mine that;ladies should dress decent and help the guys think straight. angry
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2013
BedLam: MUST EVERYTHING BE PLEASING TO GOD? OK! How do we know what pleases him? He didn't create clothes when he created man as supposed. The west introduced us to clothing, so if they are going back to the good old days without clothes then we should follow suit! Abi u want make every woman de wear ninja like Muslim fanatics?
Say to the believing men that they should
lower their gaze and guard their modesty:
that will make for greater purity for them:
and God is well acquainted with all that they
do.
And say to the believing women that they
should lower their gaze and guard their
modesty; that they should not display their
zeenah (charms, or beauty and ornaments)
except what (must ordinarily) appear
thereof; that they should draw their khimar
(veils) over their bosoms and not display
their zeenah except to their husbands, their
fathers .... and that they should not strike
their feet so as to draw attention to their
hidden zeenah (ornaments). (24:31-32)

3 Likes

Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by Originalsly: 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
Indecent dressing by whose standards? It depends on location.Is it ok to dress as in pics in the US? ..it depends on location...NYC ..no problem....a few states you get thrown in jail. Lagos..no problem...in the North?...do I need to say? In some areas women can go topless...that's normal for them...indecent to you. Again...indecent by whose standards? @Op...if you are writing on indecency shouldn't you ensure that everything about you is decent? What you are wearing I guess is decent according to your standards but that pose is wayyy off. That is a standard pose for p.orn stars.
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by cannonnier(m): 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
Tayeni: hey! Ur spittle just caught me in d eye.......lol. You shouldn't hv added d last sentence. The guy u quoted wrote an unintelligent post. And you descended down to that level and wallowed there with him by adding d last goofy sentence above. Both of you are ...fools. Fill in d blank.

Shikena
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by cannonnier(m): 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2013
uched218: Uncladness is an African thing. We should stop blaming the West. Africa had no fashion sense before the advent of the West. They gave us clothes but we still prefer our Adamic nature.[color=#006600][/color]

Na ur part of afrika bidat not mine.

1 Like

Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by luciangelymail(f): 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
Jaywilzee: I want onli ladies to SAG....boiz comon wear ur trouser for ya belle... ;DI

hillarious!!! grin

hillarious!!!
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by Salym(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2013
BedLam: MUST EVERYTHING BE PLEASING TO GOD? OK! How do we know what pleases him? He didn't create clothes when he created man as supposed. The west introduced us to clothing, so if they are going back to the good old days without clothes then we should follow suit! Abi u want make every woman de wear ninja like Muslim fanatics?
see ds zombie! So whitemen introducd u 2 clothn ryt? Then must b frm d uncivilisd, uncouth ppl d whites brot out of d stone age era...as 4 me d whites found my ancestors fully clad in dresses dat equalld any of its kind in thz yrs. If a woman covers herself shez a muslim fanatic ryt? Then abt u? An atheist fanatic?
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by Slowvenom(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
Anywere u av a point there, bt most Nija r turning demslf 2 smtins els, at 50 sm r still dressing dis way
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by MistadeRegal(m): 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
Most of them will later regret all their past lifestyles!
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by Owilar(m): 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
Its the work of the devil,and it also stands for end time.
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by akintun: 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
GooseBaba:

Virtually Na Ked" ..? According to your white masters ba? Guy use brain small. Was it the white man that brought them traditional designs and traditional clothes. Guy try reason....

U should use ur brain. If u did ur youth service in some Northern states, u would understand wat I was posting about. There are areas in present Nigeria where people are still virtually naked.
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by Salma(f): 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
bros, na u sabi. If u like dress lyk armed robber, e no concern me
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by cannonnier(m): 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
akintun:

U should use ur brain. If u did ur youth service in some Northern states, u would understand wat I was posting about. There are areas in present Nigeria where people are still virtually naked.

Tell us where in the north that people are virtually naked.

1 Like

Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by erico2k2(m): 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
Imanuel Jannah: [img]http://1.bp..com/-uEksBuIbX8k/UhnuMocBd6I/AAAAAAAABN4/3O59R1ZgtB4/s320/Indecent-dressing-imanueljannah-blog.jpg[/img]
Indecent dressing among Females

In this century, dressing indecently has become an unwanted reality.

In developing countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Brazil, Zimbabwe, Peru etc women emulate and conform with the cultures of the already developed western world. Of course, I am aware we live in an era of globalization, but that is not a license to dress and behave without common sense.

We are all rational beings capable of thinking for ourselves and distinguishing right from wrong and making reasonable decisions on what to wear, how to wear them, and where to wear them to. Basically, you already know that every dress has its own occasion. Therefore, we don't need to accept and agree to all that the western countries impose on us all in the name of fashion. For instance, Indiscriminate wearing of skinny jeans, inappropriate see through dresses, detesting the use of underwear and panties, and also the abuse of colors (popularly called "PINGING"wink.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-yfq5O-aKLm4/UhnuPlIzs6I/AAAAAAAABOA/VJMlzYRZZO8/s320/Indecent-dressing-among-young-men-imanueljannah-blog.jpg[/img]

What exactly is fashion? Some say fashion is a popular trend especially in style of dress, ornament or, behavior. Others say it is a way of behaving or doing something that is liked by people in a particular time. But, I say fashion is feeling comfortable in what you wear. its all about dressing and behaving in a way pleasing to God and human.

I write to address those men women who are already poisoned by the adoption of the western belief that exposing some part of the body makes you look sexy and attractive to the opposite sex. Oh yes that's true! Even men also wants a piece of the action but dressing half naked won't help you achieve that.

An illustration can be seen in music videos where cultural imperialism makes the artist believe that having unclad women dance in front of the camera adds more value to the video and increases chances of making profit.

Let me ask, will you call such an artist and his crop of unclad video vixens FASHIONABLE? Well, I call that IMMORALITY and CORRUPTION OF OUR FASHION SENSE.

Hey people, don't kill the fashion sense in you!

Written by:
Ilechukwu, Adanna

[img]http://3.bp..com/-SK_O370dHuc/Uhn303NiRuI/AAAAAAAABOQ/1NIL-U-GefI/s320/ilechekwu-adanna-imanueljannah-blog.jpg[/img]
Ilechukwu Adanna is a Mass Communication Undergraduate at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra state, Nigeria

SOURCE: www.imanueljannah..com
OP you exposed ur arms and show flesh in ur legs, what's the difference between you and them lot you described upstairs grin grin
In some other views your dressing is morally wrong ie in the Eastern world, so o n can not judge others by things that are driven by social and societal values.
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by MrEjaNla: 10:34pm On Aug 28, 2013
smothly: Honestly speaking,some people have turned themselves to a masquerade all in the name of fashion,forgetting that they are what they puts on.

Did u just say "Puts" ?
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by Omotolaaraujo(f): 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
There are people who lack taste all over the world. Not everyone dresses like a hoochie momma, or a ghetto rat. Men like women to show their wares and people want attention, so they resort to dressing for attention from men and their peers. Their parents should teach them to have some class.
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by AngelaHamza(f): 12:07am On Aug 29, 2013
Indecent dressing attract d wrong pple 4a wrong reasonz so say NO to indecent dressingIndecent dressing attract d wrong pple 4a wrong reasonz so say NO to indecent dressingIndecent dressing attract d wrong pple 4a wrong reasonz so say NO to indecent dressing
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by 99cent: 5:12am On Aug 29, 2013
so should we 'ban' indecent dressing and impose sharia law dressing code? (although only women are punished for their clothing. very characteristic of a undeveloped country where women are treated as 2nd class citizens)

look at all these indecently dressed people roaming around Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by lilslick(m): 6:38am On Aug 29, 2013
sagytarius™:
Ermm, Op, while you're at it, criticizing on indecent dressing, I will also criticize you on your indecent sitting posture. #You know...Backing up that a ss# cheesy

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by joseph1832(m): 7:39am On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by addicted268(f): 7:42am On Aug 29, 2013
76Naira:

Weird mind!
But fine OP, why sit that way? A bit suggestive you know...

Agreed but I think that's the point she's trying to pass across.you can still look sexy without dressing indecently. smiley
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by abbayoo: 11:15am On Aug 29, 2013
Adanna,I think I love ur write up.u are very cute in ur dress sense and one doesn't need u to bare it all to see that u are endowed. Thanks for ur decent appearance. Kudos
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by foemy: 11:18am On Aug 29, 2013
wot do u mean by sayin God did nt create clothin wen he created us? Wen adam & eve sinned & dey discovered dey were naked,dey bcam ashamed & tried coverin demselves wt leaves. Wen God got to knw abt it, HE clothe dem wt an animal skin. God hates being unclad. Dat place is called private part & must be kept as private.wl u b apy seeing ur wife go naked?

1 Like

Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by foemy: 11:26am On Aug 29, 2013
God hates anytin called indecent especially wen it comes 2 dressin sense.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by InvertedHammer: 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
/
I don't get it...After so many years in California, I am yet to see the girls that dress so provocatively as the girls as I see on the streets in Nigeria. The exceptions to that are the corner-side prostitutes looking for Johns. But the police are quick to pick them up for indecent dressing, public nuisance and solicitation. Another place would be in the night clubs.

Other than that, I have never seen anyone dress these ways all these years. Correct me if I am wrong.
I guess Nigeria girls are taking hip-hop costumes too far. Ignorance is bliss

/

1 Like

Re: Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries by tck2000(m): 2:03pm On Jun 06, 2019
good thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coupons/ Pocket Mortys Hack No Download Online Schmeckles Generator / Joyce Prado: Pregnant Miss Bolivia Stripped Of Her Title / What's Your Opinion About Women With Multiple Piercings? Especially On...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.