Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School (7856 Views)

Buhari Wins Borno To Consolidate Victory / Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units / 2,000 Civilians Flee Borno To Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by Rockers4l: 4:24am On Aug 26, 2013
The Borno State Government says it will start paying parents who enrol their children to acquire Western education, especially in the northern part of the state.

Governor Kashim Shettima disclosed this on Sunday while interacting with some Bama elders at the GRA, Maiduguri.

Shettima said this initiative was part of the government’s `Conditional Cash Transfer’ scheme for poor households.

He said that the objective of the scheme was to ensure that parents sent their children to school rather than allow them roam the streets.

He blamed the Boko Haram insurgency for the poverty and ignorance in the state, adding that it disrupted the socio-economic activities in the state; and urged parents to send their children parents to school to safeguard their future.

He said government was also working on plans to reconstruct the 825 classrooms destroyed by the Boko Haram insurgents, to prepare grounds for the commencement of academic programmes in the affected schools

Responding, the chairman of the elders, Ahmed Yusufari, thanked Shettima for the visit.

http://telegraphng.com/2013/08/borno-pay-parents-enrol-children-school/

2 Likes

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by Gboliwe: 5:35am On Aug 26, 2013
Imagine! The students go to school free of charge on fg expense, then the parents are also paid! Can you imagine?! I also live in the same state but I am from Delta state, to go to school, I pay my way through, my parents see to this. Yet we are both Nigerian students. Too much injustice

4 Likes

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by Freiburger(m): 10:22am On Aug 26, 2013
This is not a bad move at all.

2 Likes

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by Belmot(m): 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
Na wa o
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by Fazhy: 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
That is a nice incentive.

3 Likes

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by mars123(m): 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nice move...Nigerian governors should copy positive things like this from each other and there will be development.who says we can't be patriotic again!
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by moscobabs(m): 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
Good thing from Boko Haram state.....other States must emulate this
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by highlandre(m): 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
Any policy to get the kids off the street is okay by me.
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by EverestdeBliu(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
bornu...Nigeria most dreaded state.those who stil lives there, i hail thee

1 Like

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by claimme: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
That's what we call necessary discrimination. U v got to understand this.
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
Is this the Democracy the so called fore fathers fought for?
Are we not now engaging Racism?

?
?
Racism within the black nation... within a country... and now within a state!

Poor Nigeria!

EDIT

rac·ism
/ˈrāˌsizəm/
Noun

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as...
Prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief.

In reply to...
gboliwe:
Imagine! The students go to school free of charge on fg expense, then the parents are also paid! Can you imagine?! I also live in the same state but I am from Delta state, to go to school, I pay my way through, my parents see to this. Yet we are both Nigerian students. Too much injustice

3 Likes

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by REMMEI(m): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
I plead the state government to do what they need to do to get these kids educated..enough of this impediment backwardness affecting the northern states of this nation..though not all of them but most.

1 Like

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by dino2006(m): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
I support this

1 Like

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by mysticgal(f): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
naso e reach.

1 Like

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by adtiezy1(m): 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
wont talk on this one
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by olumosen(m): 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
Only God go fit save Northerners ooo...............good move shaaa
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by REMMEI(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
ledafaze: Is this the Democracy the so called fore fathers fought for?
Are we not now engaging Racism?

?
?
Racism within the black nation... within a country... and now within a state!

Poor Nigeria!

did you attempt to read the news at all?..oh!..you are still craving for more almajiries to come begging at your door right..they wanna take boko haram off the street to bring boko halal..you are here spitting gibberish..mtchewww!

1 Like

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
misplaced priorities
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by jadakiss213(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
Gboliwe: Imagine! The students go to school free of charge on fg expense, then the parents are also paid! Can you imagine?! I also live in the same state but I am from Delta state, to go to school, I pay my way through, my parents see to this. Yet we are both Nigerian students. Too much injustice
where did you see in the story FG was going to bear the expenses..u need to slow down on ur garri intake,ure almost going blind.

@topic,its a good development.Anything to get potential/future Insurgents and suicide bombers into the classrooms must be encouraged no matter the cost..

2 Likes

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
REMMEI:

did you attempt to read the news at all?..oh!..you are still craving for more almajiries to come begging at your door right..they wanna take boko haram off the street to bring boko halal..you are here spitting gibberish..mtchewww!

I cant blame you. Your profile speaks for you

...as I can see you need help in choosing a tangible career
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by YusufG: 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
Gboliwe: Imagine! The students go to school free of charge on fg expense, then the parents are also paid! Can you imagine?! I also live in the same state but I am from Delta state, to go to school, I pay my way through, my parents see to this. Yet we are both Nigerian students. Too much injustice
What is the injustice there mr man?its not d federal govt that'll pay,its their state govt.go back to ur state and tell ur state governor to do the same !!nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by Lateef9961(m): 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
Dax a gud step in the ryt directn
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by hustla(m): 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
Good move
That's if the money gets to the people who deserve it
*packs my bags*
Enroute Bornu! grin
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by martin1772(m): 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ok
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by leonshom(m): 12:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
Wetin dis 1 dey talk again
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
the post should read 'borno to pay parents who sends their children to commit suicide'
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by Blessmira: 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
So somthin good can come out from Borno. cheesy 10nk God!
Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by mrborntodoit: 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
Good move and should be encouraged nationwide.

1 Like

Re: Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School by Okijajuju1(m): 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
Heheheheheheeee

#Rochas is paying Children to go to school..

#Borno is Paying parents who send their kids to school.. grin

Ebere, Chukwuma! Chikodi!! Nnenna!! Amaka! Obianuju! Callister!! Janet!! Anayo!! Oya pack all ya property!

We are moving from Imo State to Borno State!! I knew that having so many children would yeild me profit one day... grin

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Vs Saraki: An Unending Saga / Abia Resident Doctors On Strike For Almost A Year – NARD / The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.