Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

What Will U Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will U Do? (1263 Views)

What Will U Do If Your Spouse Slaps Your Mother? / If You Were To Be The Opposite Sex For An Hour, What Will U Do First? / What Will U Do If Your Daughter Request This ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will U Do? by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 26, 2013
Hi people, I went to the bank over the weekend to withdraw some cash for my gloceries and I noticed a strange amount when I checked my balance.
A part of me said I should clear the money while another said I should tell the bank management.
I have been battling with my mind since.
What will u do if u were in my shoe pls.
Re: What Will U Do? by taryour(f): 7:54am On Aug 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Hi people, I went to the bank over the weekend to withdraw some cash for my gloceries and I noticed a strange amount when I checked my balance.
A part of me said I should clear the money while another said I should tell the bank management.

Are you for real

If I am going to be very honest,if it happens to me,I would call my hubby right away to inform him cause he just might be the one who did the transfer or asked someone to. If the transfer wasn't from my hubby,I would clear the money and transfer to my second account to avoid spending it and hold on for the bank to give me a call. Would give them a max of 2weeks to contact me,if they don't that's my LUCK.

If I don't get a call from the bank,it means one of bank officials was playing a smart one and mistakenly sent it to my account,cause I believe if it was just a bank client that made such mistake,I would be contacted in less than 2 - 3 days.
Re: What Will U Do? by biolabee(m): 8:03am On Aug 26, 2013
Get a statement of account

1 Like

Re: What Will U Do? by bellong: 8:04am On Aug 26, 2013
What to do is to do the right thing even when nobody seems to be watching.

Walk into the bank, check your statement of account. If you have internet banking, check it online how the money got there. If it is not from anybody you know, call the attention of the bank manager and please keep a copy of the record for future reference.

If it is one of the staff trying to be smart with people's money, then the bank can take appropriate decision. While reporting to the branch manager, you can send an email to the headquarter of the bank for strong follow up so as to prevent cover up of the fraud.

The above is what I would do if I were in the situation.
Re: What Will U Do? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2013
taryour:

Are you for real

If I am going to be very honest,if it happens to me,I would call my hubby right away to inform him cause he just might be the one who did the transfer or asked someone to. If the transfer wasn't from my hubby,I would clear the money and transfer to my second account to avoid spending it and hold on for the bank to give me a call. Would give them a max of 2weeks to contact me,if they don't that's my LUCK.

If I don't get a call from the bank,it means one of bank officials was playing a smart one and mistakenly sent it to my account,cause I believe if it was just a bank client that made such mistake,I would be contacted in less than 2 - 3 days.
It wasn't hubby. As a matter of fact, he was with me.
Re: What Will U Do? by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 26, 2013
biolabee: Get a statement of account

I did that,the money was paid in last week. My email account has problem last week but has been ratified. I never received any alert.
Infact I don't know.
Re: What Will U Do? by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 26, 2013
bellong: What to do is to do the right thing even when nobody seems to be watching.

Walk into the bank, check your statement of account. If you have internet banking, check it online how the money got there. If it is not from anybody you know, call the attention of the bank manager and please keep a copy of the record for future reference.

If it is one of the staff trying to be smart with people's money, then the bank can take appropriate decision. While reporting to the branch manager, you can send an email to the headquarter of the bank for strong follow up so as to prevent cover up of the fraud.

The above is what I would do if I were in the situation.
Ok Mr Bellong.

1 Like

Re: What Will U Do? by biolabee(m): 9:15am On Aug 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
I did that,the money was paid in last week. My email account has problem last week but has been ratified. I never received any alert.
Infact I don't know.

The description shd show the txn reference, whom n date
Re: What Will U Do? by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 26, 2013

3 Likes

Re: What Will U Do? by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2013
Will go to d bank today.

Well,its one of those those things.
My collegues said I'm not well when I said I will go to the bank.

Thanks everybody.

Money is a force. Its not easy o!
Re: What Will U Do? by bellong: 9:43am On Aug 26, 2013
^^^ That is the best thing to do and it is what separates a godly person from a religious person.

Do not mind your colleagues, I will not be surprised if it happened to them and they share testimony of God's miraculous provision in church. The money-hungry pastor too will in-turn ask for his percentage of the largesse....

People that should have advised to do what is right are there condemning you. No wonder an arrogant Briton can write nonsense about Nigeria and Nigerians..

1 Like

Re: What Will U Do? by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 26, 2013
Re: What Will U Do? by ciphoenix: 10:02am On Aug 26, 2013
I suggest you go with bellong's way.

FOLLOW UP with an email to HQ.
Had a similar experience, returned to check on progress but they kept telling me it has been taken care of. Nothing else.
Re: What Will U Do? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 26, 2013
This is a no brainer now, go to the bank and report, how can we be tempted to take money that isn't ours?
Religion is not by speech but actions.
Re: What Will U Do? by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 26, 2013
YPP ... God will supply ALL ( not few oh ALL) your needs according to his riches in glory ... maybe GOD's testing you, don't fall for it Abeg. It is well.
Re: What Will U Do? by EveryLadY(f): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
taryour:

Are you for real

tomorrow when they talk about Nigeria and corruption,u will shout the loudest.at bolded is indeed corruption in manifestation.Somebody who takes what does not belong to him/her is stealing,be it by omission or commission
Re: What Will U Do? by JoannaSedley(f): 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
Had someones ATM card given to me after renewal of mine some years ago. Couldn't believe the amount therein, i keep on checking the balance plotting what to do with it, i would have siphon the money and close down the account but i know who nemesis and karma are , those bleeping biatches. I waited for two days nothing, nobody called, texted, inquire about the cash. I stormed the banking hall demanding my statement, the customer operative was sending me the get the fucck out i get better things to do look, i went in to the managers office and decided to turn on some heat. "That they are trying to use my account for money laundering and in the process want a fall guy.... Bla bla". He started tapping on his keyboard and within 5 minutes we know the origin of the problem, the solution and immediate implementation of the stated solution. A lot of apologies follows and as i step out and breath in some fresh air my head swelled for a job well done though i didn't gain anything from it but i am fulfilled.
Re: What Will U Do? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
Just from my bank now. It has been ratified but I don't trust those people. They know what happened.
Nothing showed in my statement of account.
Me think its a chain work.
That money can comfortably buy a house in vgc and u will hv plenty remaining.

For the past two weeks or so I've not received any alert from that account and money has been paid in and withdrawn from it.
Just got alert when I withdrew on sat and what I saw made me check my balance.
Anyway,na dem sabi. My hands r off and at least I can eat and sleep well now.

Thanks lovely people.
Re: What Will U Do? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
with that amount of money, wouldn't it be a better option to close the account before efcc traces it and start questioning you?. The managers have obviously included your account in their money laundering deal.
Re: What Will U Do? by bellong: 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Just from my bank now. It has been ratified but I don't trust those people. They know what happened.
Nothing showed in my statement of account.
Me think its a chain work.
That money can comfortably buy a house in vgc and u will hv plenty remaining.

For the past two weeks or so I've not received any alert from that account and money has been paid in and withdrawn from it.
Just got alert when I withdrew on sat and what I saw made me check my balance.
Anyway,na dem sabi. My hands r off and at least I can eat and sleep well now.

Thanks lovely people.

It is the reason why I suggested you send a mail to the headquarters along with lodging complain at the branch. That is how they move money out of the bank to feed their greed. The headquarters can trace the account, though its not showing on your system. It is still not late to do it, this is the little we can do to cleanse our country from bad eggs that keep destroying our collective integrity.

Please send an email to the headquarters of the branch for a proper investigation. You can narrate how it all happened and how it can't be traced to your account again.
Thank you
Re: What Will U Do? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
honey86: with that amount of money, wouldn't it be a better option to close the account before efcc traces it and start questioning you?. The managers have obviously included your account in their money laundering deal.
Hey honey,I'm beginning to be afraid now. I don't want problem at all! Will discuss with hubby after work. Maybe that's a good idea.
Re: What Will U Do? by coogar: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Hi people, I went to the bank over the weekend to withdraw some cash for my gloceries and I noticed a strange amount when I checked my balance.

how much is the money?
Re: What Will U Do? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
Yellowsisi dey for corner, Put im hand for jaw, wetin dey cause am, money palaver smiley...

You did the right thing....

And you are human for thinking twice before going to the bank. Next time just behave like say you no see any excess money. Like that Your god no go judge you.
Come back after 3 months, if money still dey dia...go to synagogue for thanks giving.
grin grin

I believe in miracle working God, this is what I call miracle.
Re: What Will U Do? by baby124: 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin

May God not let us see the temptation that will make us think twice. You did the right thing sha.
Re: What Will U Do? by taryour(f): 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Every_LadY:

tomorrow when they talk about Nigeria and corruption,u will shout the loudest.at bolded is indeed corruption in manifestation.Somebody who takes what does not belong to him/her is stealing,be it by omission or commission

Re: What Will U Do? by taryour(f): 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
Every_LadY:

(1) (Reply)

10 Songs You Do Not Want To Ever Hear Your Parents Sing! / Where Did It go Wrong? Tale Of A Hanging Marriage. / 3 Things You Should Never Borrow Money To do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.