Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (64509 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Renewing Nigerian E-passport In London / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by terefe(m): 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
Please...How long does it take to get a re-issued passport at abuja...without and with runs.. Can it be done in lag too ?.. Thanks
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by ogefila1(m): 3:21am On Jan 24, 2015
Good morning members, esp to those who have reliable info. On how to change name & DOB on e-passport. I acquired my passport in 2008 & it expired in 2013. I want to renew my e- passport now & will like to change the name & DOB on it. Plz, I need reply from experienced & updated members on this issue. The cost, documents, place & process that will be required of me to acquire my modified e-passport? Your soonest reply matters. Tnx 4ur time.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by lordmayor4(m): 7:03am On Jan 24, 2015
ogefila1:
Good morning members, esp to those who have reliable info. On how to change name & DOB on e-passport. I acquired my passport in 2008 & it expired in 2013. I want to renew my e- passport now & will like to change the name & DOB on it. Plz, I need reply from experienced & updated members on this issue. The cost, documents, place & process that will be required of me to acquire my modified e-passport? Your soonest reply matters. Tnx 4ur time.

Do u currently have an e-passport or is it the old one that just expired?
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by bonavin: 5:57pm On Jan 30, 2015
Hello good ppl, I recently changed ma Surname and want to effect that chane on ma en passport. Am a guy.. I have d new name on my voters card and drivers licence. I also have the court affidavit and news paper publication.. some ppl told its much easier with ladies who have thier marraige certificates.. what I have is the old e-passport and wouldn't mind if it is replaced with the old one as long as it bears my new Surname. How do I go about it please?
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by lordmayor4(m): 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
bonavin:
Hello good ppl, I recently changed ma Surname and want to effect that chane on ma en passport. Am a guy.. I have d new name on my voters card and drivers licence. I also have the court affidavit and news paper publication.. some ppl told its much easier with ladies who have thier marraige certificates.. what I have is the old e-passport and wouldn't mind if it is replaced with the old one as long as it bears my new Surname. How do I go about it please?

Old e-paassport?
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by IyawoToBe(f): 3:24am On Feb 01, 2015
lordmayor4:

Old e-paassport?
lol. The dude is probably talking about the e-passport cos he mentioned 2008.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by zeezahbee(f): 7:04am On Feb 01, 2015
bonavin:
You can't get the old one. Anyone can have a name change be it male or female. Go with all evidence of your name change. Since it's the old passport you have, you can get a new one at any nearest passport office near you
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by lordmayor4(m): 9:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
IyawoToBe:
lol. The dude is probably talking about the e-passport cos he mentioned 2008.

Okay cos I was kinda confused! Anyway if he lost or there's a mistake in his e passport, tthe rate to get a new one Orr effect a change is very high now, but if it's the old passport that he lost or needs to make a change in, I will advice him to go for the new e passport and forfeit the old one
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by stevemims(m): 9:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
lordmayor4:

Okay cos I was kinda confused! Anyway if he lost or there's a mistake in his e passport, tthe rate to get a new one Orr effect a change is very high now, but if it's the old passport that he lost or needs to make a change in, I will advice him to go for the new e passport and forfeit the old one
Like how much bro? I wana effect a change on my own,do you have an idea of the price? Thanks
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by presidentpikin: 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2015
Please house I will want to renew my e-passport and I was told that the number will be change how true is this?
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by bonavin: 8:35am On Feb 06, 2015
Mine is the old passport. Who knows how much it may cost and how to go about it.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by lordmayor4(m): 7:32pm On Feb 06, 2015
bonavin:
Mine is the old passport. Who knows how much it may cost and how to go about it.

Won't cost u more than the normal price, just go and register for the new epassport
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2015
@lordmayor4

Please don't use this thread for some dodgy activities, people come here to receive genuine advice. Your unknown 'immigration officer' can not be verified.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by cpius: 1:32am On Jul 05, 2015
House pls advice...my old passport was stolen sometime ago...I never saw any reason for a replcement until recently.Should i apply for an e passport and get one or i report the stolen one before re applying...?
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by cpius: 1:34am On Jul 05, 2015
Cos it will cost less to just apply for a new e passport unlike going thru the rigours of reporting and all stuffs...
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
zeezahbee:
You can't get the old one. Anyone can have a name change be it male or female. Go with all evidence of your name change. Since it's the old passport you have, you can get a new one at any nearest passport office near you

Yes, anyone can have a name change, but the Nigeria Immigration are one-sided on this. They make it seem as if a man doing a name change is illegal, that is why they mostly refuse to change name for males, or make you pay outrageous amount of money to do it the corrupt way. I did a legal name change, published on the newspaper. Went to Abuja with the documents as well as my expired e-passport as at March. Almost 5 months later, nothing has been done. I am being told that they cannot remove names but can only add, especially the Surname. Now tell me how that makes sense? If I wanted to continue with my old names why would I need to legally change it? Every document that I currently have reflects these names, but the Nigeria Immigration has decided to not listen even when I have forwarded these documents to them after they requested. Sigh.

1 Like

Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by Keziehenry(m): 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
Pls can someone help me with the cost of getting back a lost passport and must i have to travel from Spain to nig to do it or can a relation do it for me. Tnx
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
Go to the Nigerian embassy in Spain and sort it out there.
If they tell you that you must come to Nigeria which I doubt you will have to then search for Nigerian immigration service website. There is a link for lost passport . Then fly down to Abuja
It can not be done by proxy because when the passport is ready the applicant must be fingerprinted when collecting it.
Better done in spain or the closest consulate.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by Keziehenry(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2015
salsera:
Go to the Nigerian embassy in Spain and sort it out there.
If they tell you that you must come to Nigeria which I doubt you will have to then search for Nigerian immigration service website. There is a link for lost passport . Then fly down to Abuja
It can not be done by proxy because when the passport is ready the applicant must be fingerprinted when collecting it.
Better done in spain or the closest consulate.
tnx so much. I went there they said i must go to abj, pls do u knw how long it will take me to get it and also d cost.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by lordmayor4(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
Keziehenry:

tnx so much. I went there they said i must go to abj, pls do u knw how long it will take me to get it and also d cost.

Depends on how much you are willing to spend. You can get it maximum two days..
Lost or change of names?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / Snow Capped Akampka Mountains And Mount Cameroon Visible From Calabar (photos) / My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.