Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,073 members, 7,956,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:11 AM

Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (65014 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Renewing Nigerian E-passport In London / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by toppycateg: 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2011
Hello house,i want to get my E passport re issue,i got d E pasport in ikoyi 2009,but now is damaged by stamp so i want to get another now.I met an immigration officer with 3 star rank,he told me re issue can b done in ikoyi there,i was suprise he said they just started it.Though am stil doubting him i wil make more enquiry on dat.Pls as anyone heard about it too?Pls let me knw.Am Waitin 4 ur response.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by lowisz: 5:29pm On May 28, 2012
H
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by romec: 10:01am On Jun 19, 2012
Hi please can anyone help me.I lost my E-passport early this year and i decleared it missing,and after getting all the Documents required, and went to
Abuja and applied for another one after paying 55k i got another one.

But last month i found my old lost one.what should i do.is the old one still valid for trips abroad.

My question is what are the risk keeping the 2 and is the old still machine readable.

I need multiple opinion.

awaits all your addvice.

1 Like

Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by justwise(m): 10:45am On Jun 19, 2012
romec: Hi please can anyone help me.I lost my E-passport early this year and i decleared it missing,and after getting all the Documents required, and went to

But last month i found my old lost one.what should i do.is the old one still valid for trips abroad.

My question is what are the risk keeping the 2 and is the old still machine readable.

I need multiple opinion.

awaits all your addvice.

Since you declared it missing and got another one, the old one should have been cancelled, so stick to the new one to avoid getting yourself in trouble at the airport.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by Efe25(f): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2012
romec: Hi please can anyone help me.I lost my E-passport early this year and i decleared it missing,and after getting all the Documents required, and went to

I need multiple opinion.

awaits all your addvice.

You should either never show use the old one and take it to any Nigeria passport office and get it cancelled. You cannot travel with the old machine readable passports regardless of validity as far as I am aware.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by Imuogo: 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
Hi guys,

I recently lost my e-passport in the UK with a valid tier4 visa due to expire in Jan 2013. I have called the Nigerian High Commission here in the UK and they say I have to return to Nigeria to get a new passport. Please can someone advise me on what the process is like in Nigeria? Also any one with knowledge about Visa (tier4 general) replacement with the British embassy in Nigeria should please shed more light. Currently, working on my dissertation and things are tough for me right now.

Any general advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2012
Imuogo: Hi guys,

I recently lost my e-passport in the UK with a valid tier4 visa due to expire in Jan 2013. I have called the Nigerian High Commission here in the UK and they say I have to return to Nigeria to get a new passport. Please can someone advise me on what the process is like in Nigeria? Also any one with knowledge about Visa (tier4 general) replacement with the British embassy in Nigeria should please shed more light. Currently, working on my dissertation and things are tough for me right now.

Any general advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks.

You need to contact the police and the UKBA and report it, that will help you get re-issued in Nigeria. If you have the photocopy of the visa or the passport take it along with you to report or email it to UKBA.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by Imuogo: 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
Hi Justwise,

Thanks. I have reported to the police and I have obtained a police report. I hear that it is possible to get the e-passport re-issued in Nigeria without the applicant being there, but it will require "man-know-man". Do you know anything about this or know people who have done this? Will the passport be authentic?

Thanks.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by Imuogo: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
Also, I think I can only contact UKBA when I have the new passport in order to replace the lost visa. I gathered this from their website, so with my lost property Id on the police report and the new passport, I can contact UKBA and apply for a visa replacement. My dilemma is how to get the new passport? What is the process required, sadly this information is not spelt out on the website of the Nigerian embassy here in UK.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by justwise(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
Imuogo: Hi Justwise,

Thanks. I have reported to the police and I have obtained a police report. I hear that it is possible to get the e-passport re-issued in Nigeria without the applicant being there, but it will require "man-know-man". Do you know anything about this or know people who have done this? Will the passport be authentic?

Thanks.

Do you really believe that? Will you cut your finger and send for biometric? How will you digitally signed that passport?
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by lightofjoy(m): 9:23am On Jul 17, 2012
lowisz: Guys greetings †̥ you all, M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ problem started when M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ aunty outside the country told ♍ƺ †̥ have a passort with her husband surname so that it would ♍ƺ easy †̥ invite ♍ƺ over,but things didn't go well as planed,now M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ dad wants †̥ help ♍ƺ †̥ europe but he demands that his surname should be in the passport because he can't send ♍ƺ invitation without Ȋ̝̊̅§ surname in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ passport, his it possible for ♍ƺ †̥ go down †̥ the immigration office ЙD̶̲̥̅̊ pretend that I have never done a passport before ЙD̶̲̥̅̊ have a new one with a different name,pls kindly tell ♍ƺ if I Ca̶̲̥̅n̶̲̥̅̊ have two passport with different names

Please the guru in the house should kindly attends to this question because I have someone in this same situation.
Expecting to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by spenca: 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
It took me less than six hours to get a new passport yesde at the immigration office festac,though it was kinda tiring but still even i got wah i went there for
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by steve13(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
spenca: It took me less than six hours to get a new passport yesde at the immigration office festac,though it was kinda tiring but still even i got wah i went there for

Its easy to get a new passport,afterall they charged U̶̲̥̅̊ higher price,they are talking about re-issue here,not first timer,
@Imuogo,U̶̲̥̅̊ must go to ABUJA passport office @ the imigration hqts,there is no "man know man " in this one,not at all.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by spenca: 7:59am On Jul 18, 2012
Well ,b it re-issue or not its all d same u can get it in a day ,coz a gurl was der for re-issue n she got hers d same time i got mine,and about the amount,wah in this country do u think u pay the right amount for ?is it phcn ,or telecommunication service? Bus fare or petrol ...so get over it n just get wah u wanna get !
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by Imuogo: 9:23am On Jul 18, 2012
What I heard was that all your previous details (biometric, digital signature, etc) are in a central database. Thus they would be using your previous information to re-issue the new passport.What's your view on this?
justwise:

Do you really believe that? Will you cut your finger and send for biometric? How will you digitally signed that passport?
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by Imuogo: 9:25am On Jul 18, 2012
Okay, please can you tell me the process that is involved when I get to Abuja? What I mean is- will a new photo,biometric, and digital signature be taken? Thanks.
steve_101:

Its easy to get a new passport,afterall they charged U̶̲̥̅̊ higher price,they are talking about re-issue here,not first timer,
@Imuogo,U̶̲̥̅̊ must go to ABUJA passport office @ the imigration hqts,there is no "man know man " in this one,not at all.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by justwise(m): 10:31am On Jul 18, 2012
Imuogo: What I heard was that all your previous details (biometric, digital signature, etc) are in a central database. Thus they would be using your previous information to re-issue the new passport.What's your view on this?

That will be fraud, each time you want to re-new e-passport or get a new one we are expected to be there in person, you don't do it by proxy, they will take your biometric again to compare to what they have already in the system.

If somebody do it for you while you are still in the UK how will you get the stamp showing your exit from Nigeria and entry to the UK?
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by steve13(m): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2012
Imuogo: Okay, please can you tell me the process that is involved when I get to Abuja? What I mean is- will a new photo,biometric, and digital signature be taken? Thanks.

Why do U̶̲̥̅̊ think its only in abuja U̶̲̥̅̊ can get it done That should ring a bell to you that there is no two ways about it,U̶̲̥̅̊ can NEVER get it if ur are not there,if U̶̲̥̅̊ like pay £2k,i will bet my pali on it,everything seems posible in naija but this isn't ,if they have it in a central system why not issue it in London?think bro and start going to Hithrow or Gatwick, for ur info...it took me 1 month to get a reissue,I mean it wasn't like I changed anything,i went to abj from lag 3 times,

@Spenca, they don't do reissue in Festac,every thing am saying here is from personal experience,not hearsay,
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by Imuogo: 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
I understand what you mean. I really don't know what to do and I can't afford a plane ticket not to talk of a return ticket at this moment. Also, who checks the exit to Nigeria and entry to the UK, can you explain what you mean?

justwise:

That will be fraud, each time you want to re-new e-passport or get a new one we are expected to be there in person, you don't do it by proxy, they will take your biometric again to compare to what they have already in the system.

If somebody do it for you while you are still in the UK how will you get the stamp showing your exit from Nigeria and entry to the UK?
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by justwise(m): 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
Imuogo: I understand what you mean. I really don't know what to do and I can't afford a plane ticket not to talk of a return ticket at this moment. Also, who checks the exit to Nigeria and entry to the UK, can you explain what you mean?

You can't be in the UK with blank passport with no exit and entry stamp ONLY if your passport was renewed in London.

If you sent your passport for visa extension in the UK with no exit or entry stamp on it and it was issued in Nigeria, question will be asked how you come into the UK without any immigration stamping it at any POE.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by steve13(m): 9:32am On Jul 19, 2012
Imuogo: Okay, please can you tell me the process that is involved when I get to Abuja? What I mean is- will a new photo,biometric, and digital signature be taken? Thanks.

Ok ,I just got off the phone with an imigration man in abuja,he said if the passport is not upto 6 months old,that it can be done with out U̶̲̥̅̊ coming to abuja,I don't know if this is applicable to you,but U̶̲̥̅̊ really have to be in naija to be able to get the necessary stapms when leaving with the passport, or better still hang on till ur finances improves,UKBA will know U̶̲̥̅̊ via DOB,so no need to rush if U̶̲̥̅̊ can't afford it now,
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by bigmitchmob: 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
It could be that the oga patapatas in Abuja feel left out of all the egunje so they want everything to go through them

Laugh wan kill me oooo grin
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by vacancy: 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2012
PLZ, I NEED THE HOUSE ADVICE. I HAVE 1979 ON MY E-PASSPORT, WHILE APPLYNIG FOR US LOTTERY WE MADE A MISTAKE OF USING 1978 INSTEAD OF 1979.MY WIFE WON THE LOTTERY. WHATS THE WAY FORWARD AS PER THIS ABNORMALITIES BECAUSE ALL DATAS TO TENDER AT THE EMBASSY MUST CORRRELATE WITH WHATS ON THE US DATABASE . AM I GOING TO DO RE-ISSUE OR GET A NEW PASSPORT TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM. PLS IF ANY BODY HAVE A LINK WITH THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER IN ABUJA TO HELP FOR ALL THE RELEVANT DOCUMENTS TO SUPPORT ME WHEN MOVING TO ABUJA FOR THE APPLICATION.THANKS TO THE WHOLE HOUSE
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by qmod: 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hi everyone, I have the old type of passport and want to upgrade to the e-passport. Will my new e-passport have the same passport number as my old one which is not an e-passport?

Thank you, appreciate your help.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by oyewolejos(m): 1:59am On Sep 02, 2012
steve_101:

Why do U̶̲̥̅̊ think its only in abuja U̶̲̥̅̊ can get it done That should ring a bell to you that there is no two ways about it,U̶̲̥̅̊ can NEVER get it if ur are not there,if U̶̲̥̅̊ like pay £2k,i will bet my pali on it,everything seems posible in naija but this isn't ,if they have it in a central system why not issue it in London?think bro and start going to Hithrow or Gatwick, for ur info...it took me 1 month to get a reissue,I mean it wasn't like I changed anything,i went to abj from lag 3 times,

@Spenca, they don't do reissue in Festac,every thing am saying here is from personal experience,not hearsay,

justwise:

justwise:

Guys cool down not everything in Nigeria is fraud. U can get a re-issue done by proxy and this is legal. All they do is reproduce a new Passport with your info that is already stored in their database. Your height or age might changed but not your fingerprints. I was once in dis situation and i got it done by proxy in August 2009. American citizens replace their lost passport from the comfort of their house. As per the exit or entry stamps u don't need it in this case as u are not applying for a new visa that u need evidence of departure from the UK. All u trying to do is to get your old visa on your passport. How u got the passport replaced is not the business of the UKBA.
And if anybody still don't believe go to Immigration Hqtrs, Airport Road, Abuja for confirmation. Peace

1 Like

Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by justwise(m): 7:34am On Sep 02, 2012
oyewolejos:

Guys cool down not everything in Nigeria is fraud. U can get a re-issue done by proxy and this is legal. All they do is reproduce a new Passport with your info that is already stored in their database. Your height or age might changed but not your fingerprints. I was once in dis situation and i got it done by proxy in August 2009. American citizens replace their lost passport from the comfort of their house. As per the exit or entry stamps u don't need it in this case as u are not applying for a new visa that u need evidence of departure from the UK. All u trying to do is to get your old visa on your passport. How u got the passport replaced is not the business of the UKBA.
And if anybody still don't believe go to Immigration Hqtrs, Airport Road, Abuja for confirmation. Peace

Wrong. Only in a corrupt system like Nigeria will somebody get e-passport by proxy as long as you know 'somebody who know somebody' or bribe your way out of it. The details you submitted before might have changed, you address, your height,maybe you had an accident and lost an eye or any other form of disability, these details have to be as accurate as it can be, basically they have to make sure that you are who you claimed to be.

Entry and exit stamp in passport matters and where you got your passport matters as well. If you are holding a new e-passport in UK for example that was issued in Nigeria, that passport supposed to show the exit stamp from Nigeria and entry stamp into the UK, the same passport number will show in your UK visa.

If that passport was issued at the Nigerian embassy in the UK then exist and entry stamp is not a problem but when traveling out of the UK you need to carry both your old and new passport.

1 Like

Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by oyewolejos(m): 11:20pm On Sep 03, 2012
justwise:

Wrong. Only in a corrupt system like Nigeria will somebody get e-passport by proxy as long as you know 'somebody who know somebody' or bribe your way out of it. The details you submitted before might have changed, you address, your height,maybe you had an accident and lost an eye or any other form of disability, these details have to be as accurate as it can be, basically they have to make sure that you are who you claimed to be.

Entry and exit stamp in passport matters and where you got your passport matters as well. If you are holding a new e-passport in UK for example that was issued in Nigeria, that passport supposed to show the exit stamp from Nigeria and entry stamp into the UK, the same passport number will show in your UK visa.

If that passport was issued at the Nigerian embassy in the UK then exist and entry stamp is not a problem but when traveling out of the UK you need to carry both your old and new passport.
I won't join issues with u but trust me getting a Nigerian Passport reissued can be done via a proxy.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by justwise(m): 11:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
oyewolejos:
I won't join issues with u but trust me getting a Nigerian Passport reissued can be done via a proxy.

It can not be done legally and when its done through the backdoor it will get the holder in trouble outside Nigeria.

I don't care if you are joining issues with me or not, that is the least of my problems
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by AjanleKoko: 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2012
oyewolejos:

No it's not possible. They have to take a live photo of the applicant.
Maybe the old passport, not the e-passport. Though, there are fake versions of e-passports, apparently. Someone got busted at MMIA with a supposedly fake passport couple of weeks back.
Re: Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport by bright87: 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2012
I misplaced my e-passport and i already declared it missing. had a police report and also had an affidavit as well.
I would like to get a re-issue and i would love to know the processes involved. My greatest concern is that I have applied with my misplaced passport for a fiance visa at the australian embassey in Malaysia and now I am back in nigeria where i misplaced my passport. Now i think my visa might be approved at anytime soon and i worry if the issue of my missing passport might affect things. I like to know if the re-issued passport will have same passport no. as the one i misplaced, considering the fact that I had applied for a visa with the lost passport. Any meaningful advise or assistance will be appreciated.

Tnxxxx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lion Attacks A Lady Tourist In Zimbabwe Who Posed For Pictures(pics) / Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) / Lady Trapped Under A Container That Fell On Her In Lagos (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.