Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,078 members, 7,953,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:42 PM

I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. (1411 Views)

'Pls do not Leave" - PDP BOT Chairman Begs Members / Reps To Amaechi: We Don't Receive Budget Proposals From Ministers / Amaechi: We Won’t Abandon Jonathan’s Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by idumuose(m): 12:51am On Aug 27, 2013
By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North & LEVINUS NWABUGHIOGU
Barely 24 hours after seven Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governors were linked with moves to float a new party to be known as Voice of the People, VOP, many of the governors have denied knowledge of such a move.
Most of the governors, who were contacted by Vanguard, yesterday, expressed shock over the linkage of their names with the new association, insisting that it was the handiwork of detractors, aimed at distracting them.
While Amaechi, who spoke through his Chief of Staff, Mr Tony Okocha, described the reported formation of VOP as mere speculation, four of his colleagues, said the purported formation of VOP was the figment of their detractors’ imagination.
Contacted on the development, the Adamawa State Governor, Murtala Nyako, said the reported formation of VOP was news to him, as he read about it on the pages of newspapers.

See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/vop-amaechi-northern-govs-unaware-of-party/#sthash.vf9lJF9P.dpuf
Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by hardywaltz(m): 12:57am On Aug 27, 2013
Ok ooh make we dey watch!

1 Like

Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by duality(m): 2:54am On Aug 27, 2013
You see the reason why I said that most Nairalanders speak authoritatively on issues they know nothing about? One reading the responses from that thread " https://www.nairaland.com/1411961/amaechi-others-float-new-party " will think the people responding are informed. rather they simply wallowing in their silly sentiments.

1 Like

Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by RoyalRoy(m): 4:19am On Aug 27, 2013
duality: You see the reason why I said that most Nairalanders speak authoritatively on issues they know nothing about? One reading the responses from that thread " https://www.nairaland.com/1411961/amaechi-others-float-new-party " will think the people responding are informed. rather they simply wallowing in their silly sentiments.

You are so right!!
Gullible people who know next to nothing come online to wage war of words on each other over mere rumours from our "daily news papers".
I wonder when people will be able to sieve the wheat from the chaff before making meaningless statements on this forum!!
Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by Compliance(m): 6:24am On Aug 27, 2013
PDP should reconsider her stand on the issue of Amaechi and these other governors...like Amaechi and some of the governors have pdp blood flowing in their veins...having them in the party will keep pdp strong. VOP, APC, atiku's party, APGA, accord, labour would actually break the ego of pdp so ts better to reconcile and get more geographical strength.
Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 27, 2013
Waiting patiently.
Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by theoctopus: 9:32am On Aug 27, 2013
duality: You see the reason why I said that most Nairalanders speak authoritatively on issues they know nothing about? One reading the responses from that thread " https://www.nairaland.com/1411961/amaechi-others-float-new-party " will think the people responding are informed. rather they simply wallowing in their silly sentiments.

Lately, I rarely make comments on NL because it has been taken over by iddiots and kids. What do you expect from a forum where people are typing "1st to comment" and "10th to comment". It is so childish here these days. You just feel like you are talking with kids and illiterates. NL has lost its position as a major platform for debate in Nigeria and the MODs have even made it worse. Politics in Nigeria is very easy to analyse because certain facts are entrenched

1. North does not do opposition
2. Politicians are all selfish and would not jettison where they have good foothold to go somewhere else where they will have little influence.
3. Any politician that forms a new party is simply one that has lost all his powers and influence in the old party
4. Nigerians don't get carried away with cliches like APC et all. Nigerians follow powerful names, individuals, entrenched parties and regional interests. A combination of these factors will always determine the outcome of voting

The only thing that will make Amaechi form a new party or join another party is if he is finally expelled by PDP. And he wouldn't even fancy that because it will not make any difference to GEJ's hold on the south south. The south south will overwhelmingly vote GEJ in the next election, except he doesn't contest. 1000 Amaechi's will not change that. The south east will overwhelmingly vote GEJ in the next election, even if APC or APGA wins Anambra and Imo. Okorocha will not have a single influence over how Imo state people vote in the presidential election. The five governors gallivanting around in the north will not have any significant influence on the overall northern vote. Al Mustapha will probably have more influence than them.

4 Likes

Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by idumuose(m): 11:42am On Aug 27, 2013
hardywaltz: Ok ooh make we dey watch!
Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by Phranciz(m): 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
theoctopus:

Lately, I rarely make comments on NL because it has been taken over by iddiots and kids. What do you expect from a forum where people are typing "1st to comment" and "10th to comment". It is so childish here these days. You just feel like you are talking with kids and illiterates. NL has lost its position as a major platform for debate in Nigeria and the MODs have even made it worse. Politics in Nigeria is very easy to analyse because certain facts are entrenched

2. Politicians are all selfish and would not jettison where they have good foothold to go somewhere else where they will have little influence.
3. Any politician that forms a new party is simply one that has lost all his powers and influence in the old party
4. Nigerians don't get carried away with cliches like APC et all. Nigerians follow powerful names, individuals, entrenched parties and regional interests. A combination of these factors will always determine the outcome of voting

The only thing that will make Amaechi form a new party or join another party is if he is finally expelled by PDP. And he wouldn't even fancy that because it will not make any difference to GEJ's hold on the south south. The south south will overwhelmingly vote GEJ in the next election, except he doesn't contest. 1000 Amaechi's will not change that. The south east will overwhelmingly vote GEJ in the next election, even if APC or APGA wins Anambra and Imo. Okorocha will not have a single influence over how Imo state people vote in the presidential election. The five governors gallivanting around in the north will not have any significant influence on the overall northern vote. Al Mustapha will probably have more influence than them.

Talk about your side alone please, I am from Imo and I don't think we would vote a weak ruler (not leader) this time around.
Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
And some people were sacked for being loyal to 'radical' Governor Amaechi?
Abeg! This election period don dey make me confuse. 2013-2015 is hot.
Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by idumuose(m): 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2013
maxwello.yg:
And some people were sacked for being loyal to 'radical' Governor Amaechi?
Abeg! This election period don dey make me confuse. 2013-2015 is hot.
Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by idumuose(m): 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
Compliance: PDP should reconsider her stand on the issue of Amaechi and these other governors...like Amaechi and some of the governors have pdp blood flowing in their veins...having them in the party will keep pdp strong. VOP, APC, atiku's party, APGA, accord, labour would actually break the ego of pdp so ts better to reconcile and get more geographical strength.
Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by VoteOutPDPJona: 5:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
theoctopus:

The only thing that will make Amaechi form a new party or join another party is if he is finally expelled by PDP. And he wouldn't even fancy that because it will not make any difference to GEJ's hold on the south south. The south south will overwhelmingly vote GEJ in the next election, except he doesn't contest. 1000 Amaechi's will not change that. The south east will overwhelmingly vote GEJ in the next election, even if APC or APGA wins Anambra and Imo. Okorocha will not have a single influence over how Imo state people vote in the presidential election. [size=14pt]The five governors gallivanting around in the north will not have any significant influence on the overall northern vote. Al Mustapha will probably have more influence than them.[/size]

I enjoyed your post until I got to the bolded part. If president Jonathan was to be a northerner (and maybe a muslim), the governors you described as gallivanting around in the north would have been of less a danger to Jonathan's second term ambition. I don't think it will be easy for Jonathan in the north, should those five governors invoke religious and ethnic sentiments against President Jonathan - especially if he contests against a northern/muslim opponent. Not surprised Jonathan axed Odimegwu to get into the good books of Kwamkwaso.
Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by theoctopus: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
VoteOutPDPJona:

I enjoyed your post until I got to the bolded part. If president Jonathan was to be a northerner (and maybe a muslim), the governors you described as gallivanting around in the north would have been of less a danger to Jonathan's second term ambition. I don't think it will be easy for Jonathan in the north, should those five governors invoke religious and ethnic sentiments against President Jonathan - especially if he contests against a northern/muslim opponent. Not surprised Jonathan axed Odimegwu to get into the good books of Kwamkwaso.

You would have been right 15 years ago, but the situation is very different now. The North no longer votes as one block. The North is now even more divided down the south. First, there is a major division along religious line. That alone splits the north in almost half. Then there is the division between the Sultanate and the Kanem Borno. You can see that people like Shagari are fully behind GEJ. Then there is the division in the rank and file of the northern leaders. Atiku, IBB, Buhari, Abacha family, Shagari, etc. They can never come together as one because they all have their different ambitions.

1 Like

Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. by frankyychiji(f): 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
Anything a politician bothers to deny is true! We are waiting....

(1) (Reply)

2015: 400 Northerners Bribed To Betray Region, Says Aliyu / Don’t bring your ‘pedestrian politics’ to Oyo – APC warns Fayose / Presidency Warns Nigerians Against Insulting Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.