Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,107 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Osun Gov. Aregbesola Gives Scholarship To Stowaway Teenager - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Gov. Aregbesola Gives Scholarship To Stowaway Teenager (678 Views)

INEC Suspends 2 Eos Over Alleged Manipulation Of Osun Gov Poll / Osun Gov Poll Loss Painful – Presidency / PDP Rejects Osun Gov Election Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Gov. Aregbesola Gives Scholarship To Stowaway Teenager by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 28, 2013
A volunteer group extolling the virtues of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, Governor of Osun State,
De Raufs, has volunteered to sponsor 15-year-old stowaway teenager, Daniel Oikhena, who hid in the tyre compartment of Arik Air flight from Benin to Lagos.

In a statement signed by the Director General of the group, Comrade Amitolu Shittu, the group is ready to give scholarship to Daniel up to university level and help him realise his dream of travelling by air legitimately.

“Genius and ambitious citizen of our country must not be suffocated on the alter of political and bureaucratic enforcement. The little boy’s ambition should be nurtured through qualitative education, and the group is ready to give the boy all the necessary support to make his dream a reality.

“We sincerely willing to offer him the scholarship to encourage thousands of teenagers who are cerebral and ambitious. The leaders in Nigeria fail on their part to see the potential of the little boy. Therefore, De Raufs takes up the responsibility to safe the future of this great boy and not turning him to criminal,” Shittu said.

The boy’s mother Mrs oikhena had earlier dismissed insinuations the boy could have fled Benin because she was maltreating him.

“I did not maltreat him. I don’t joke with my children’s welfare. He does not have friends; he hardly leaves home. I don’t know why he was going to Lagos,” she said.

“When I heard the news, I did not know what to do or say. I was so weak. Many people were telling me to calm down. My only joy now is that he is alive; that is my happiness,” she said.

Mrs Oikhena would be happier now that De Raufs has decided to take full responsibility of her son’s education.
A volunteer group extolling the virtues of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, Governor of Osun State,
De Raufs, has volunteered to sponsor 15-year-old stowaway teenager, Daniel Oikhena, who hid in the tyre compartment of Arik Air flight from Benin to Lagos.

In a statement signed by the Director General of the group, Comrade Amitolu Shittu, the group is ready to give scholarship to Daniel up to university level and help him realise his dream of travelling by air legitimately.

“Genius and ambitious citizen of our country must not be suffocated on the alter of political and bureaucratic enforcement. The little boy’s ambition should be nurtured through qualitative education, and the group is ready to give the boy all the necessary support to make his dream a reality.

“We sincerely willing to offer him the scholarship to encourage thousands of teenagers who are cerebral and ambitious. The leaders in Nigeria fail on their part to see the potential of the little boy. Therefore, De Raufs takes up the responsibility to safe the future of this great boy and not turning him to criminal,” Shittu said.

The boy’s mother Mrs oikhena had earlier dismissed insinuations the boy could have fled Benin because she was maltreating him.

“I did not maltreat him. I don’t joke with my children’s welfare. He does not have friends; he hardly leaves home. I don’t know why he was going to Lagos,” she said.

“When I heard the news, I did not know what to do or say. I was so weak. Many people were telling me to calm down. My only joy now is that he is alive; that is my happiness,” she said.

Mrs Oikhena would be happier now that De Raufs has decided to take full responsibility of her son’s education.
http://www.informationng.com/2013/08/osun-gov-aregbesola-gives-scholarship-to-stowaway-teenager.html

Re: Osun Gov. Aregbesola Gives Scholarship To Stowaway Teenager by Aminat508(f): 11:14am On Aug 28, 2013
kudos to Ogbeni! proud of osun! me sef i want to try am maybe i will be given free scholarship, chai! no Airport in osun, make i go ibadan......
Re: Osun Gov. Aregbesola Gives Scholarship To Stowaway Teenager by slimming: 11:19am On Aug 28, 2013
Great move, God bless you sir
Re: Osun Gov. Aregbesola Gives Scholarship To Stowaway Teenager by ImperialYoruba: 11:30am On Aug 28, 2013
Yoruba love to play big brother. Soon una go begin cry say people from East no fit siddon for their land. What do you think you are promoting when you reward bad behavior?

Remember the Igbo lady who came from Delta, first went to Abuja and then ended in Lagos begging for business startup fund?

Its acts like this from deRauf or whoever is behind this nonsense that attract prodigals to Yorubaland. If you must act like this then please stop complaining of migrants flooding in hope of scholarship from Yoruba states.

What is commendable about a boy hiding in aircraft wheel well to get to Lagos? Isnt he another destitute? Unlike many like him who hitch hike on buses and trains to get to Lagos he just happened to hitch hike through the sky, but no difference really.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra’s Father Of All Battles: Can PDP, APC Upturn Apga’s Apple Cart? / The Nigerian Army Invades The Peaceful Capital City Of Umuahia / Northern Governors Commend Jonathan’s Almajiri Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.