Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread (8822 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Maltina Dance All: Season 8 (Official Thread) / Briggs Family Wins Maltina Dance All Season 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Gregdcutie(m): 7:25am On Aug 29, 2013
Captivating is one word that can best describe the flashmob that stormed the atrium of the Silverbird Galleria, Victoria Island Lagos when unsuspecting movie goers, shop owners and shoppers alike witnessed the sudden emergence of a group of colorfully dressed dancers who delighted them with dexterous dance moves. The dancers gave a sublime performance depicting dance styles from the 1960’s to the present dance era. It was an ingenious flashmob deftly executed by Maltina, the premium non-alcoholic malt drink from the stable of Nigerian Breweries plc to herald the commencement of the 2013 edition of popular family reality TV show; Maltina Dance All season 7 aptly tagged “The Evolution”.
Mr. Edem Vindah, Corporate Media and Brand PR manager who was representing Mr. Ageni Yusuf, Corporate Affairs Adviser, Nigerian Breweries plc said the flashmob performance is a tip of the iceberg from this season of Maltina Dance All. MDA which made its debut in 2007 has remained Nigeria’s top family dance show. N6 million and a brand new car is at stake in the competition. The firstand second runners up will also get N1 million and N500, 000 respectively. The show will bring to the fore, the Nigerian people’s essence and values ofsharing, happiness unity, cooperation, vitality and creativity.
Mrs. Ngozi Nkwoji, Senior Brand Manager Maltina stated that she is glad with where Maltina is today. “We are very excited about the 7th season of MDA, 7 years is a long time for a show to still be relevant and we’re very glad Maltina through MDA continues to bring the brand experience of sharing happiness and fun to the consumer. The MDA Evolution is something not tobe missed. What we are doing with Maltina Dance All is to “share happiness” and to also create more emotional connection with consumers because families and dance are two winning components in the Nigerian environment".
The show proper will be preceded by regional auditions which will kick off inPort Harcourt at the Atrium Event Center on July 19th - 20th; Lagos - National Theatre on July 25th, 26th and 27th and Abuja - Nicon Luxury Hotel on August 2nd - 3rd .Nigerians who intend to participate can go online and register at www.maltinadanceall.tv or they can register at the venues of the auditions.They can also visit facebook.com/officialmaltinapage for more information and to stay connected with online competitions and much more.
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Gregdcutie(m): 7:55am On Aug 29, 2013
The main bowl of the National Arts Theatre, Lagos was a beehive of heightened activity as thousands of budding dancers stormed the venue of the Lagos audition of the popular Maltina Dance All (MDA) family dance show to showcase their dancing skills as the quest to select family representatives for the Maltina dance academy continues. At the end of the long hours of competition, eight finalists emerged in the future battle to cart home the grand prize of 6 million naira, a brand new car and the highly coveted title of Nigeria’s number one dancing family. The huge turnout and skill exhibited by contestants, further confirmed Lagos, as undisputedly Africa’s major talent hub. The eight dancers who were unanimously picked by the judges are:
Blessing Ekpo, Gloria Idundun, Promise Enweribe, Peter James, Aniebet Emmanuel, Emmanuel Ibeotuche, Jackson Obinna and Ekwerre Elijah. They will however undergo comprehensive medical screening which is on-going and the medical fitness result will ultimately be the basis for the selection of their family considering the highly physical and mental rigours of a competitive dance competition like the MDA.
As expected, the Lagos auditions, was highly entertaining and indeed in consonance with this year’s Maltina Dance All theme, ‘The Evolution”. Contestants across all ages displayed a high level of dance dexterity which made it a bit challenging for even the judges to pick winners. The first day witnessed dancers between the ages of 5-12 and 30 and above, compete for prizes ranging from brand new Home Theatres, Flat screen television sets and Blackberry smartphones. For the 5-12 year category; Sunday Dolapo, a 10 year old student of Kingsplace Secondary School, emerged overall winner. While Bankole Olamide, 11 and Ibukunoluwa Agbedo, 10, took the second and third positions respectively. For the 30 and above category; 35 year old Mrs. Oluwakemi Adetula emerged overall winner while Mr. Rasheed Balogun, 31 and Ibrahim Rasak, 42, came second and third respectively. The second day was indeed intense as dancers between the ages of 13–19 and 20–30 battled it out. At the end, for the 13–19 year category, Tolu Okelowo, 19, Daniel Bernard, 17, and Daramola Oladimeji 19, came first, second and third respectively. For the 20-30 year category, Gloria Idundun, 24, Aniebet Emmanuel, 22, and Austin Ashor, 22, equally occupied the first, second and third positions respectively.
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Gregdcutie(m): 8:02am On Aug 29, 2013
The final rounds of the Maltina Dance All has drawn closer, as the 13 families that emerged from the 25 that participated in the qualifying segment have arrived in Lagos. "The families, who came from different locations across the country, were in high spirits as they touched down at the domestic wing of Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, for the academy. "A breakdown of the families that made it as released by the brand, showed that Ebenezer, Briggs, Asiyefia, Tom, Ikumoinien, Dosa, Clement, Ibrahim, Ebute, Ekado, Ibeatuchie, Nweribe and Idundun families - having passed the necessary medical and other screenings - made it into the academy and were deemed fit to compete," the organisers say in a statement. They add that a further screening will reduce the number from 13 to 10, who will eventually qualify for the entry into the academy after going through the rigours of another screening at the ''Pre Ground Audition Evaluation''. The academy commences on September 1, 2013. The sum of N6m and a brand new car are at stake in this season's competition. The first and second runners-up will take home N1, 000,000 and N500, 000 respectively.
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by merciie(f): 1:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
Abeg, when is the show proper going to be on air, and on which channels? This is my fav game show, can't wait to start "following"
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Gregdcutie(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
merciie: Abeg, when is the show proper going to be on air, and on which channels? This is my fav game show, can't wait to start "following"
it will be communicated soonest to the general public. Buh seat back and relax...trusting that this season will be better than the pasts
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by dominique(f): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
I find it so hard to keep up with these shows these days embarassed. I'll try and watch it this season.
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Gregdcutie(m): 3:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
Maltina Dance All Season 7-The
Evolution premieres today. Don’t
miss out #MDA . Its showing now on AIT
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by StateOfMind: 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
The audition is being aired on ebonylife tv at the moment..channel 165. Its been really crazy...
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2013
OMG Maltina dance all western region auditions scattering my head!!
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Gregdcutie(m): 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
goldylock: OMG Maltina dance all western region auditions scattering my head!!
mehn those guys and gurls can dance o.
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by homesteady(m): 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
Yay!! Following this thread!
It now shows on AIT by 7pm!

I hope this season is going to be interesting oh!! Because they have changed Nike oshinke!
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Gregdcutie(m): 6:48am On Sep 04, 2013
homesteady: Yay!! Following this thread!
It now shows on AIT by 7pm!

I hope this season is going to be interesting oh!! Because they have changed Nike oshinke!
wow didnt know of that and thanks for time..i've been trying to get that exact time
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by homesteady(m): 9:03am On Sep 04, 2013
Gregdcutie: wow didnt know of that and thanks for time..i've been trying to get that exact time

They are still showing the regional audition
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by lertee(f): 6:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
The show has started with the ebute family.
It is showing on ebonylife tv channel 165 on dstv from 6pm
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Gregdcutie(m): 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
lertee: The show has started with the ebute family.
thanks for the info
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by 9ja4eva: 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
Are there youtube videos we can at least watch?
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by lertee(f): 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
9ja4eva: Are there youtube videos we can at least watch?
There are videos on their website.
Www.maltinadanceall.tv
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by StateOfMind: 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ekado n Ibrahim didnt do it for me tonight undecided, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it to the academy.
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Gregdcutie(m): 5:15am On Sep 06, 2013
StateOfMind: Ekado n Ibrahim didnt do it for me tonight undecided, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it to the academy.
I was a bit dissapointed too because I know that they're good dancers
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by homesteady(m): 8:44am On Sep 06, 2013
Ehen!! I'm back! I couldn't comment yesterday because I was given a ban!

This year competition is going to be very tough oh!!
almost all the families are good!
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Gregdcutie(m): 9:00am On Sep 06, 2013
homesteady: Ehen!! I'm back! I couldn't comment yesterday because I was given a ban!

This year competition is going to be very tough oh!!
almost all the families are good!
thought i was the only one who noticed that too
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by pearl360(f): 11:02am On Sep 07, 2013
My favourite family: The Clement.
The guys are very good. That split was WOW!
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by homesteady(m): 11:15am On Sep 07, 2013
pearl360: My favourite family: The Clement.
The guys are very good. That split was WOW!

Yea! That stunt was just marvellous! I was like WTH!! But seriously, their dance wasn't that superb, it was just normal!
I have many favourites now, - The Dosa, Briggs, and the family that 1st presented on the grand audition! (I've forgotten their name)
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by homesteady(m): 11:16am On Sep 07, 2013
This page should be on frontpage now!! The show has started proper!
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Gregdcutie(m): 11:36am On Sep 07, 2013
homesteady: This page should be on frontpage now!! The show has started proper!
we'll just have to inform those mods
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by StateOfMind: 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
homesteady:

Yea! That stunt was just marvellous! I was like WTH!! But seriously, their dance wasn't that superb, it was just normal!
I have many favourites now, - The Dosa, Briggs, and the family that 1st presented on the grand audition! (I've forgotten their name)

Ebute..

For now, ibrahim and ekado families are still not doing it for me. I'm still not connecting with those 2 families, though I like the ibrahim dude as person, he's a great dancer.. As a family, I like briggs, dosa, ebute and ebenezer.

As an individual, I like the clement guy (that merlin move wowed me n he's a great dancer), asiyefa and that dude that loves head spin.

Tonight should be fun. cool
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by dominique(f): 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
lertee: The show has started with the ebute family.

Thanks for the info. I've never watched the audition stage before.
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by pearl360(f): 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
homesteady:

Ebute family.
I like the tall fair guy in the Dosa family.
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by StateOfMind: 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
For those who watch it on AIT, its 6pm on saturdays. Its showingat the moment both on AIT n EL
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by pearl360(f): 7:36am On Sep 08, 2013
I usually watch it on silver bird at 8 pm but yesterday they weren't showing it.
Pls was there a performance yesterday?
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by Thiannah(f): 7:45am On Sep 08, 2013
pearl360: I usually watch it on silver bird at 8 pm but yesterday they weren't showing it.
Pls was there a performance yesterday?
yeah
Re: Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread by pearl360(f): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
Thiannah: yeah
Ooh..... Sobs
Seems I'll start watching it on EL TV by 6, since Silver bird can't be relied on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

THROWBACK: Jenifa's Diary Complete Season 2 Download / Zeeworld: Monday Update On Young Dreams Episode 17 - 19 / The Marvel Super Hero's.... THE FLASH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.