Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,674 members, 7,837,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil (16271 Views)

Photo From Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil Depot In Lagos / Breaking! Long Queues As Motorists Storm Ifeanyi Ubah’s Capital Oil(pics) / Video: Fuel Tankers Leaving Ubah's Capital Oil Depot To Distribute Fuel Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by Boss13: 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2013
Now I have got questions for Ifeanyi Ubah's supporters. Someone that did not go to school and clearly shows that he has not undertaking any leadership course, what idea is he going to bring to Anambra? What innovation is he going to implement? We have all seen how his management inefficiencies has rammed his company into huge debts. Is that the kind of governor you want for state? A man who is unable to get his company out of debt? After someone will tell me he stepped on toes. He stepped on toes and those toes turned into billions of debt in naira?

Please I think it is only a mad person that will vote for Ifeanyi Ubah or someone who does not mean well for Anambra state.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by devour129: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2013
alexchiny:

What has all these crap you posted above got to do with his illiteracy? An illiterate defending his kind!
so it's a sin to be illiterate abii ? Plz it's these illiterates that are carrying you literates. Don't look down on people cos they couldn't go to school for one reason or the other,most of them made that choice so someone can be literate .my dad ddnt go to school and he trained all his junior ones and his children tru school at all levels.today we have every profession in our family because of an illiterate. I stand proudly for all the illiterates in the world.about the topic at hand I don't have any thing to add

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by Amdoyin(m): 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
shortgun:
Like I said go hang yourself, Ifeayi Uba is what u can't become in ten generations tongue
haba! U don finish d guy o. Ten generation ti poju ke.. Or dont u tink so? Anyway, it is nt gud 2 despise an achiever, ifeanyi ubah is a gr8 man, weda crook or crooked, an enterpreuneur per excellence. He hs achieved alot nd it is nt a day job 2 become gr8.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by KOMBE: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2013
I listened to his acceptance speech of the Labour party and it was obvious this man could not make one single correct sentence. This man has nothing to offer the good people of Anambra except to loot their resources.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by alexchiny: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
villybest:
Meaning of illiterate---
an offensive term meaning not able to read or write
2. uneducated: having or showing little or no knowledge of a particular subject
artistically illiterate

3. making many language mistakes: full of or making many basic errors in the use of language
illiterate prose.
The last time i checked,Ifeanyi Ubah didnt fall into the above,because,if he cant read and write,he wont be where he is today.

3. making many language mistakes: full of or making many basic errors in the use of language
illiterate prose.
And this!!! Stop deceiving yourself bro, Ifeanyi Ubah is a stark illiterate. Have you heard him speak? What an empty vessel he is.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by devour129: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
KOMBE: I listened to his acceptance speech of the Labour party and it was obvious this man could not make one single correct sentence. This man has nothing to offer the good people of Anambra except to loot their resources.
o oyibo ngwuru nna ya ? Please if he has nothing to offer say so but don't bring in him being able to speak fluent English or not.english is not his first language .
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by alexchiny: 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
devour129: so it's a sin to be illiterate abii ? Plz it's these illiterates that are carrying you literates. Don't look down on people cos they couldn't go to school for one reason or the other,most of them made that choice so someone can be literate .my dad ddnt go to school and he trained all his junior ones and his children tru school at all levels.today we have every profession in our family because of an illiterate. I stand proudly for all the illiterates in the world.about the topic at hand I don't have any thing to add

Nice Essay! Him being an illiterate is not the main issue here, the main issue is his dabbling into what he knows he cannot handle. He lacks the qualities to govern Anambra state and even fools know that his sole aim of wanting to govern my state is to save his dwindling fortunes. This dude cannot even manage his own company and he wants a govern a whole state. We all know how deep neck in debt the man is.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by alexchiny: 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
KOMBE: I listened to his acceptance speech of the Labour party and it was obvious this man could not make one single correct sentence. This man has nothing to offer the good people of Anambra except to loot their resources.

May you live long my brother! We must say things the way they are.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by devour129: 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
alexchiny:

Nice Essay! Him being an illiterate is not the main issue here, the main issue is his dabbling into what he knows he cannot handle. He lacks the qualities to govern Anambra state and even fools know that his sole aim of wanting to govern my state is to save his dwindling fortunes. This dude cannot even manage his own company and he wants a govern a whole state. We all know how deep neck in debt the man is.
thats the point I was trying to make.dont care about the politics going on in my state cos am tired of it. Like you said his not going to school should not be the issue.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by asha80(m): 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
Boss13: Now I have got questions for Ifeanyi Ubah's supporters. Someone that did not go to school and clearly shows that he has not undertaking any leadership course, what idea is he going to bring to Anambra? What innovation is he going to implement? We have all seen how his management inefficiencies has rammed his company into huge debts. Is that the kind of governor you want for state? A man who is unable to get his company out of debt? After someone will tell me he stepped on toes. He stepped on toes and those toes turned into billions of debt in naira?

Please I think it is only a mad person that will vote for Ifeanyi Ubah or someone who does not mean well for Anambra state.
you dey mind them...someone that could not manage his own personal company's debt wants to manage state for people...achiever indeed.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by mbulela: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
villybest:
Meaning of illiterate---
an offensive term meaning not able to read or write
2. uneducated: having or showing little or no knowledge of a particular subject
artistically illiterate

illiterate prose.
The last time i checked,Ifeanyi Ubah didnt fall into the above,because,if he cant read and write,he wont be where he is today.

but he falls into the second category. Which subject has he shown in-depth knowledge of?
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by Gwizatasie: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
illiterate or not...na money still sure pass
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by mbulela: 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
devour129: o oyibo ngwuru nna ya ? Please if he has nothing to offer say so but don't bring in him being able to speak fluent English or not.english is not his first language .
He could have made the acceptance speech in his native tongue.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by mbulela: 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
Boss13: After someone will tell me he stepped on toes. He stepped on toes and those toes turned into billions of debt in naira?
LWKMD.
Will the reverse happen if the toes step on him?
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by devour129: 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
mbulela:
He could have made the acceptance speech in his native tongue.
I would have done that if I were him.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by ik4life: 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
It was obvious that there was deficiencies in his use of english in that acceptance speech but didn't you see the passion in his eyes the passion to develop anambra state the last time I checked peter obi left unn with a 3rd yet he has not done bad in governance I will stick with ifeanyi ubah who had the courage to make his acceptance speech off hand than an obiano who read from a typed script
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by asha80(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
ik4life: It was obvious that there was deficiencies in his use of english in that acceptance speech but didn't you see the passion in his eyes the passion to develop anambra state the last time I checked peter obi left unn with a 3rd yet he has not done bad in governance I will stick with ifeanyi ubah who had the courage to make his acceptance speech off hand than an obiano who read from a typed script
grin
ik4life: It was obvious that there was deficiencies in his use of english in that acceptance speech but didn't you see the passion in his eyes the passion to develop anambra state the last time I checked peter obi left unn with a 3rd yet he has not done bad in governance I will stick with ifeanyi ubah who had the courage to make his acceptance speech off hand than an obiano who read from a typed script
yea passion to serve anambra....more like passion to suck anambra dry.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by Policewoman(f): 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
akins56:

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/amcon-takes-over-ifeanyi-ubahs-capital-oil/

So a chronic debtor wants to run for GOVERNOR in Anambra state??
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by ogmask: 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hope he is not the owner of the Bomberdier jet AMCON advertised for sale in the dailies today?
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by Ifems(m): 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
The guy is not an illiterate.He made a first class in Int. relations from,i think IFE. He went around borrowing and spending bank's money ruthlessly.He will use Anambra's monthly allocation to clear his debt if he makes it to awka.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by asha80(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ifems: The guy is not an illiterate.He made a first class in Int. relations from,i think IFE. He went around borrowing and spending bank's money ruthlessly.He will use Anambra's monthly allocation to clear his debt if he makes it to awka.
nna no dey yarn cigar....first class in international relations in ife indeed.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by alexchiny: 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ifems: The guy is not an illiterate.He made a first class in Int. relations from,i think IFE. He went around borrowing and spending bank's money ruthlessly.He will use Anambra's monthly allocation to clear his debt if he makes it to awka.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Are you related to Mr Ibu? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by shortgun(m): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
Boss13:

Chief shutup if you don't know what you are saying. Just keep quiet and learn. Go and study business finance and know how many businesses source their finance. Business survives on their rate of potential and actual earnings, their ability to generate earnings or income. It is their earning that gives them the ability to pay for interest on loans. Loans are leverage used to support the business, some are use to solve liquidity problem, some are used to increase the earning capacity of the business like the purchase of non-current assets, sometimes loans are use to address working capital problems. A business that is doing well and generating enough earnings do not require loans because it can generate enough retained earning for either expansion, purchase of assets or payments of dividends to shareholders. E.g UAC, Unilever, Nigerian Breweries. These food and beverage companies rarely borrow, they do so reluctantly because there is too much liquidity and effective cash management system.

In the case of Ifeanyi Ubah, he was overtrading (you can check my previous comment on this) also Cosmas Maduka stated that too. Ifeanyi Ubah was doing too much with too little capital, he was overshooting what his capital can handle and hence supporting it with borrowings from banks. His problem was that, though he was making turnovers, inventories were plying up and so were his debtors, his cost of sales was also increasing and he could not pay back interest on loans. He now devised a scheme of collecting loans from banks to settle other existing loans, business expensive and also trading expense. That is where he started shooting himself on the leg. He also started collaborating with shipping companies to divert petroleum products (where he fell out with Cosmas Maduka and Access Bank Plc). When you sum up all these, you would see management inefficiencies only perpetrated by someone who is uneducated. AMCON knew they would take over, it was just a matter of time. This is a welcome development at least better than killing the company altogether.
With this your primary school business studies analysis of how businesses source their funds, you will only end up selling gala and bottled water in traffic.

We are talking about a multi million dollars business here, banks are established to help businesses grow,they are there to give loans to businesses that they feel will progress and add value to the economy in the long run.

Some businesses go to the stock market to sources funds by way of selling shares, they borrow from the share holders(The Masses)
F.G sells bonds, treasury bills, they also borrow from the masses.

Ifeanyi Ubahs Capital oil is not the first business to run into losses so why single out the man to hang him? The Stock Market collapsed not long ago, people lost billions of dollars; are you saying they dont have good managers?
Why do you think all this is coming out now that he wants to run for an election?
Don't forget what happened to SAVANNAH BANK, the same authorities that closed down the bank when the owner was a threat to them reopened it when it was convenient for them.

What are they afraid off? Allow the man to contest let the people decide, that's what democracy is all about.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by andyanders: 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
asha 80: pls which institution gave him the degree?
University of thieves awarded him the degree as prescribed by PDP
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by Boss13: 8:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
@shortgun u r a madman u just crack me up. I'm really laughing. We'v got a madman
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by mekaboy(m): 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
Like I said, ifeanyi ubah has never, can never and will never serve in any govt office in Anambra state.

Voting him is like trusting a 3 year old child with no driving experience to drive you from on state to the other.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by Eklektika(m): 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
shortgun:
Did I hear say an illiterate?

An illiterate who built a company from scratch to multi million million dollar corporation.
An illitrate who was selling kerosene at 50 naira per liter while other companies were selling the same product for 150 naira.

Is capital oil the only company that is in debt in this country?

That guy,Ifeanyi Uba,is a criminal,a typical Nigerian business opportunist. He was a beneficiary of shady business deals. His problems started when he decided to con Coscharis in a business deal. And he was arrogant about it. He boasted to Coscharis that he was untouchable as he knew a lot of top people in the high places who would shield him from prosecution. Even when it was obvious that he was owing Coscharis,he still maintained a brazen and opulently lavish lifestyle. I don't pity him one bit. His 'travails' are self-inflicted. Anambra would be back to the dark ages if that dude wins the gubanetorial elections. The state would literarily be placed on a tray and hawked for the next four years!

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by ImperialYoruba: 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2013
This takeover translates to outsourcing.

Uba has shifted the management responsibilities of this company to tax payers. In other words, tax payers will babysit the company on his behalf while he attends to his political aspirations. In two years he will take the company back or extend the babysitting contract. If there are losses in the interim tax payers will bear the burden, if thwre are gains, Uba will share in the profit.

Backdoor stealing and corruption.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by shortgun(m): 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
Boss13: @shortgun u r a madman u just crack me up. I'm really laughing. We'v got a madman
I think I've tolerated you enough, please post a valid statement.
As much as am willing to descend to your level for the sake of this discussion,i will no longer tolerate any senseless ranting from you.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by MrExcel1: 9:12pm On Aug 29, 2013
mbulela:
but he falls into the second category. Which subject has he shown in-depth knowledge of?

The subject of sending boys to Brazil to view the football matches grin grin
Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by MrExcel1: 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2013
shortgun:
With this your primary school business studies analysis of how businesses source their funds, you will only end up selling gala and bottled water in traffic.

We are talking about a multi million dollars business here, banks are established to help businesses grow,they are there to give loans to businesses that they feel will progress and add value to the economy in the long run.

Some businesses go to the stock market to sources funds by way of selling shares, they borrow from the share holders(The Masses)
F.G sells bonds, treasury bills, they also borrow from the masses.

Ifeanyi Ubahs Capital oil is not the first business to run into losses so why single out the man to hang him? The Stock Market collapsed not long ago, people lost billions of dollars; are you saying they dont have good managers?
Why do you think all this is coming out now that he wants to run for an election?
Don't forget what happened to SAVANNAH BANK, the same authorities that closed down the bank when the owner was a threat to them reopened it when it was convenient for them.

What are they afraid off? Allow the man to contest let the people decide, that's what democracy is all about.

There's a fine line between borrowing and excessive borrowing. When you borrow excessively to the point your risk outweighs the return, then it means you're RECKLESS...So please save us the rhetoric.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil by iGeneral: 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ifeanyi Ubah, Emeka Offor, Andy Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Fred Ajudua. Can all these men just enter one plane and .......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? / 'Zone Presidency To North West' - Kwankwaso Tells PDP / Obaseki Vs Oshiomhole: Politics Of Godfatherism Or Betrayal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.