Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) - Education (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) (123623 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by tirex(m): 6:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
Abeggy...nothing Special for here jor
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by adim2(m): 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
lertee:
didn't you read where reasonable guys said this thread is only aimed at bringing out the beauty of OAU ife according to how the OP viewed it?respect that fact and stop derailing..
Anyways you can open your own thread and give it your own title like "Compare and Contrast federal Universities in Nigeria"
smiley

Babe no need to waste my time again. I can clearly ascertain the kind of person am dealing with. I bet you didn't even attend ilorin like you claimed. Maybe you just sold amala at their buka for four years and after then, you started claiming better by far. If your type is used as basic for intelligence? Na him be say education don suffer. Cos your type will end up saying she knows yet she knows nothing. Babe we are willing to teach you, just drop the sado masochistic tendency you are showing here and let us help you out. Its not too late to start afresh.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by coogar: 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
Katsumoto:

I think Unilag's Engineering is good (plus the gals grin grin grin ), from what I have heard. Well I need not explain why UI comes before Unilag. grin grin grin

i need your explanation....
UI's cultism is a turn off - i am not saying UNILAG isn't devoid of cultism but i don't think any school celebrates cultism as much as UI in the south west. i was told the cult groups openly solicit for membership.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by misterh(m): 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
coogar:

UI's cultism is a turn off - i am not saying UNILAG isn't devoid of cultism but i don't think any school celebrates cultism as much as UI in the south west. i was told the cult groups openly solicit for membership.
*shocked*
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by AMACRITY(f): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
is it better than UNIBEN?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by pongwa(m): 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
coogar:

pongwa, are you an awo boy?
please explain the coffee room - is it true there are lawyers(students) that would argue for/against any accused before a judgement is made? i was told if the guilty verdict is delivered, the accused should just commit suicide cos what would come to him would be worse than death! Yup, bur i no know coffee room o... I do know awo cafe sa..... Make our honorables help abeg

peckham, where my flat can build a magnificent palace for a king in your village? you are plumbing new depths of idiocy here. your trip on a donkey is less than N10k.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by lertee(f): 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
adim2:

Babe no need to waste my time again. I can clearly ascertain the kind of person am dealing with. I bet you didn't even attend ilorin like you claimed. Maybe you just sold amala at their buka for four years and after then, you started claiming better by far. If your type is used as basic for intelligence? Na him be say education don suffer. Cos your type will end up saying she knows yet she knows nothing. Babe we are willing to teach you, just drop the sado masochistic tendency you are showing here and let us help you out. Its not too late to start afresh.
Try and get it,blend to it and live with it,everyone has stopped banter of words on this thread, grin grin meaning that I closed it officially,so unto the next thing like prayer for ASSU and FG to call off the strike,I Know you are tired of sitting at home. You don't have to talk again,thank you thank you..muaahmuaahh

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by pongwa(m): 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
Tolexander: Goddey was the student union security officer then and he masterminded the arrest in new buka if i can recollect well. Later contest for the SUG presidency but Prof won.
olorunwa is a stakeholder in oau students union. I think he lost because of the wild ideologies of his group..... Jungle don mature that time and nobody wan spend seven years on top four year course. The disadvantage was that at that point, school management started gaining control of the union.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by adim2(m): 7:29pm On Aug 30, 2013
lertee:
Try and get it,blend to it and live with it,everyone has stopped banter of words on this thread, grin grin meaning that I closed it officially,so unto the next thing like prayer for ASSU and FG to call off the strike,I Know you are tired of sitting at home. You don't have to talk again,thank you thank you..muaahmuaahh

Am a proud super lion. Copy that.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by pongwa(m): 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
coogar:

sacrificial lamp?
that is all i need to know about the academic quality of your university.
carry go coogar, the babe like u olorun..... Prove to her ur a real cougar
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2013
coogar:

this is very very true....
the power lines were laid underground especially the areas built in the 70s. the drainage is also like most schools in the western world.

good observation, bellong!
The day I saw the central sewage channel in the footpath from Akintola Hall to All Souls, I praised the founding fathers. All the shyte go to the central sewage.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Katsumoto: 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
coogar:

Well, I believe that academically, UI is ahead of Unilag. Second, based on what friends and cousins said, it would have been awesome socially as well. I don't think I would have been too concerned with cultism in UI.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by armyofone(m): 9:16pm On Aug 30, 2013
hi Okija, I'm looking forward to the UI pictures. Don’t forget to show us QEH, QIH kiss, Awolowo, seat of wisdom, Kenneth dike library, their hosp called jaja, the zoo cry (oh I pity those animals there, when I visited not long ago, they looked so hungry and mournful and I was throwing my skittles, twizzlers, and rice krispy at them).

Okija_juju:

I was in UNN a long time ago..

I dont know when I would Visit Enugu again, but be sure you will see pictures on my next Visit. My Mother Graduated from UNN. Infact, she grew up on campus as her Dad also worked for UNN. I know UNN is a classic school, but OAU again, blew me away. I didnt intend to cause any stir up, I was only naming Federal institutions I had entered before.

My next Target will be University of Ibadan.. grin

So the plan is simple:

Get some of my hommies together for a weekend in Ibadan.. Take off on Friday, Pictures on Saturday.. Groove away Saturday night with Kemi, Shade, Funke, Temi, Bimbo, Tolu & Bola.. Return to Gidi on Sunday.. grin grin Hopefully, 9 months later, I wouldnt have Ibadan Babymama drama.. grin

This should be before Christmas... grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
Abeg, who's comparing Unilag with UI? The only good thing about Unilag is the fact that it's in Lagos(and ofcourse the girls grin), apart from that it's just there. I wouldn't even list Unilag in the top 10 schools in Nigeria.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Katsumoto: 9:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
Afam4eva: Abeg, who's comparing Unilag with UI? The only good thing about Unilag is the fact that it's in Lagos(and ofcourse the girls grin), apart from that it's just there. I wouldn't even list Unilag in the top 10 schools in Nigeria.

You don't know what you are on about.

There are no more than 5 schools ahead of Unilag in Nigeria.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2013
Katsumoto:

You don't know what you are on about.

There are no more than 5 schools ahead of Unilag in Nigeria.
UI, OAU, UNN, UNIBEN, ABU, UNIPORT...maybe not up to ten but let's just say 5. The only thing i will rate Unilag highly is in their arts department that has produced a lot of literay and entertainment greats. Apart from that, i can lay my hands on anything when we compare then with UI. Like i said, Unilag is just about the location.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Katsumoto: 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
UI, OAU, UNN, UNIBEN, ABU, UNIPORT...maybe not up to ten but let's just say 5. The only thing i will rate Unilag highly is in their arts department that has produced a lot of literay and entertainment greats. Apart from that, i can lay my hands on anything when we compare then with UI. Like i said, Unilag is just about the location.

According to the 2013 African University rankings, only OAU is ahead of Unilag.

http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
Katsumoto:

According to the 2013 African University rankings, only OAU is ahead of Unilag.

http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/
Abeg, leave all this ogbanje rankings. They don't count for sh1t. Their ranking of Nigerian universities can best be described as uninformed. Btw, did you school in Lag?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by coogar: 12:38am On Aug 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
Abeg, leave all this ogbanje rankings. They don't count for sh1t. Their ranking of Nigerian universities can best be described as uninformed. Btw, did you school in Lag?

there can't be up to 4 schools better than UNILAG in nigeria and those are OAU, UI, UNN and perhaps BUK or UNIBEN.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Oppy16(f): 1:04am On Aug 31, 2013
acidosis™:
1 & 2
Students' Hostels @ American University of Nigeria, Yola.

UNN, Hostel, Nsukka (A Typical Federal University Hostel, Moremi @ OAU and the likes

Pls, before you make conclusions and deductions based on a shallow observation and a weak exposure, always make sure you've travelled far and wide to all states. You can not live in Lagos and assume, UI or OAU or UNILAG is the BEST..
It sounds s¡lly pls..
my dear,it should b Mozambique hall, not moremi.... moremi's rooms r not not like that...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 31, 2013
FUNAAB of life.....

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 8:01am On Aug 31, 2013
coogar:

there can't be up to 4 schools better than UNILAG in nigeria and those are OAU, UI, UNN and perhaps BUK or UNIBEN.

And where will you place ABU? Save for the location Unilag cannot compete with these school. I even forget to mention Unilorin.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Afritop(m): 8:52am On Aug 31, 2013
ANY GOVERNMENT THAT INTENDS TO BUILD ANOTHER UNIVERSITY LIKE OAU IN THIS PRESENT ERA WILL MAKE NOISE ABOUT ITS AGENDA, THE MEDIA WILL BROADCAST IT AND QUESTIONS WILL ARISE AS TO WHERE THE GOVERNMENT WILL SOURCE THE FUNDS TO BUILD SUCH A UNIVERSITY. AT THE END POLITICAL RANCOUR AND RESENTMENT WILL ARISE AS TO WHERE THEY WILL SITE THE UNIVERSITY WHICH WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD TO EMBEZZLEMENT AND MISSAPROPRIATION OF FUNDS RESULTING TO STRIKE ACTIONS BY RELEVANT AUTHORITIES. THE PRESENT OAU WE HAVE AND BOAST ABOUT AND ESTEEM OF ITS BEAUTY WAS CONCEIVED BY THE LATE SAGE OBAFEMI AWOLOWO AND WAS A RESULT OF A GOOD RESOURCE CONTROL AND SOLID EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Malawian(m): 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
Afritop: ANY GOVERNMENT THAT INTENDS TO BUILD ANOTHER UNIVERSITY LIKE OAU IN THIS PRESENT ERA WILL MAKE NOISE ABOUT ITS AGENDA, THE MEDIA WILL BROADCAST IT AND QUESTIONS WILL ARISE AS TO WHERE THE GOVERNMENT WILL SOURCE THE FUNDS TO BUILD SUCH A UNIVERSITY. AT THE END POLITICAL RANCOUR AND RESENTMENT WILL ARISE AS TO WHERE THEY WILL SITE THE UNIVERSITY WHICH WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD TO EMBEZZLEMENT AND MISSAPROPRIATION OF FUNDS RESULTING TO STRIKE ACTIONS BY RELEVANT AUTHORITIES. THE PRESENT OAU WE HAVE AND BOAST ABOUT AND ESTEEM OF ITS BEAUTY WAS CONCEIVED BY THE LATE SAGE OBAFEMI AWOLOWO AND WAS A RESULT OF A GOOD RESOURCE CONTROL AND SOLID EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM.
[size=68pt] AWOLOWO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW THE SCHOOL CAME ABOUT [/size]
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by demolaprof(m): 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2013
my great ife. africas most beautiful campus. i miss u
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by zezeny: 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
coogar:

Mr Coogar, I must confess out of every comments u have made, u really disappointed me with dis particuar one. Although, I never posted but I've been following d thread right from page one. U av not been to UI before I guess, Atleast based on ur comment, why shud u make such bad remark about d school. I've been in UI for sometimes now and I can vividly tell u dat there is no cult activity in d campus. Students move at any time dey like and can go to any area in d campus. Nobody fights unnecessarily and u are free to talk to anybody as u like without any implication. I wonder where and how u got ur own story and testimony about UI. I'm sure u did not hear d skul where cultist openly solicite for membership properly, but certainly not the University of Ibadan. UI is one of the most peaceful school in Nigeria. Students are secured both within and outside d campus. Pls, get ur facts right next time and stop destroying d integrity and prestige of a peaceful and good school like UI. Thanks
@others please, don't get a bad impression about UI, u may ask somebody in and around d campus about dis and I'm assuring u again dat d same response I gave u is wot u will hear from dem as long as dey are familier with d school.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by coogar: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
zezeny:
Mr Coogar, I must confess out of every comments u have made, u really disappointed me with dis particuar one. Although, I never posted but I've been following d thread right from page one. U av not been to UI before I guess, Atleast based on ur comment, why shud u make such bad remark about d school. I've been in UI for sometimes now and I can vividly tell u dat there is no cult activity in d campus. Students move at any time dey like and can go to any area in d campus. Nobody fights unnecessarily and u are free to talk to anybody as u like without any implication. I wonder where and how u got ur own story and testimony about UI. I'm sure u did not hear d skul where cultist openly solicite for membership properly, but certainly not the University of Ibadan. UI is one of the most peaceful school in Nigeria. Students are secured both within and outside d campus. Pls, get ur facts right next time and stop destroying d integrity and prestige of a peaceful and good school like UI. Thanks!!

you probably got admitted into the school last week cos every man & his dog know UI is a haven of cultists. isn't UI the headquarters of eiye confraternity? eiye was actually founded in azikwe hall as far back as the 60s. from mellanby to tedder, kuti to independence, and so on and so forth.

@others please, don't get a bad impression about UI, u may ask somebody in and around d campus about dis and I'm assuring u again dat d same response I gave u is wot u will hear from dem as long as dey are familier with d school.

obviously, if you are talking about the last few years, things might have changed. however, as at the time i visited this school, what i saw was disturbing. you can deny as you wish but the facts are stacked against you.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by zezeny: 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
coogar:

you probably got admitted into the school last week cos every man & his dog know UI is a haven of cultists. isn't UI the headquarters of eiye confraternity? eiye was actually founded in azikwe hall as far back as the 60s. from mellanby to tedder, kuti to independence, and so on and so forth.

Bro u won't cease to amaze me. Eiye started in UI, Accepted. Does dis fact mean dat dose Eiye or any oda confraternity still exist on d campus. The fact dat it started in UI does not mean it must remain dere. Imagine u writing the 60s. I can't even imagine how many decades is that.

obviously, if you are talking about the last few years, things might have changed. however, as at the time i visited this school, what i saw was disturbing. you can deny as you wish but the facts are stacked against you.[/quote]
U must av visited UI in d late 90s bro. U won't tell me u visited UI in d last 6 to 7 years and talk dis way. My advice for u is dat, u shud revisit UI and see tins for urself. I'm sure by dis, ur thought about d skul will change.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
For a school established in '88. 75th in Africa and 6th in Nigeria is no small feat.

www.4icu.org/reviews/3458.htm

One thing out of the lot I love about my alma mater, no noise or unnecessary gragra -- a silent achiever -- great UNAAB!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by coogar: 7:54pm On Aug 31, 2013
zezeny:
U must av visited UI in d late 90s bro. U won't tell me u visited UI in d last 6 to 7 years and talk dis way. My advice for u is dat, u shud revisit UI and see tins for urself. I'm sure by dis, ur thought about d skul will change.

sometime in 2004, 9 students were killed in UI in a cult clash with some students of polyibadan!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by zezeny: 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
coogar:

sometime in 2004, 9 students were killed in UI in a cult clash with some students of polyibadan!
Now I understand u. U are mixing up Poly Ibadan with UI. Poly Ibadan is very close to UI. So, most times wen any cultist activity occurs there, it is mostly believed by many to av happened in UI. But trust me bro, there is no cultist activity,either in its minor form or major form, in UI.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Tolexander: 8:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
coogar:

probably you are talking about ibadan poly. Things started getting peaceful on cultism in UI in 2005. I visited the school in 2005, the school was peaceful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! / Amazing Facts (photos) / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.