Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Is Seun Getting It Wrong? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Seun Getting It Wrong? (1574 Views)

Is Seun Monetizing Nairaland Effectively? / Why Is Seun Osewa's Name Not In Wikipedia?? / Is Seun A Billionaire With Nairaland, Like Mark Zuckerberg Of Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Seun Getting It Wrong? by dhtml(m): 2:08pm On Sep 01, 2013
Caramba!
Re: Is Seun Getting It Wrong? by Ajibel(m): 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
Musonda
Re: Is Seun Getting It Wrong? by teemy(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2013
I apologise for shifting focus off topic for over a week.

@topic

Expantiating on the points listed before

Workspace

- A laptop with charger (if possible get a surge protector)
- A power extension
- A Mouse
- Bank Token (for internet transactions)
- A Mastercard or Visa powered ATM card
- A Internet Modem
- A shuttle bag (not the laptop bag to keep out the popo from causing yoyo)
(I might edit the list above just in case I missed something out)

Missing out any one on this list could have you paying in more cash or time.

Starting up in a country like Nigeria means you have to be smart in getting a lot done with available limited resources. You might cut corners in this regard by associating with a

- Cybercafe to let you use power for free/being a once in a while paying customer (This applies to if power suply is really bad in your area and cost of fuel would really eat into your funds)

- Business outlets that have regular power supply, depending on your level of affiliation to the owners you might need to help them out with a little tip once in a while or not at all.

- Family and friends, you might need to step up on your interpersonal relationships to get better access and don't be looked at as a leech

- Doing a collabo with the money bag (don't make unrealistic promises or probably none at all) who might finance your complete web project.

Your Goal

To be continued ...
Re: Is Seun Getting It Wrong? by teemy(m): 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
Your Goal

Why you want to do what you want to do

Ask yourself and give an honest reason for which you have decided to ply this road.

Is it to

- Impress that girl like Sean Parker of Napster
- Make a point like Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook
- Make impact like Teemy of hmm

Whatever it might be just let it carry enough zeal to push you on because truth be told unless you have enough passion, the hurdles might weigh you down. Remember you are working with limited resources.

So, what do you really want to do?

Noble, I like that
Selfish, still something
Other, you know why. Just let there be a purpose for your doing this

What you want to do

The why would let you analyse if it is indeed worth pursuing. Next is in choosing an original dream

I have a problem, my neighbour has the same problem, my neighbour's neighbour also. Can you solve three people's problem at a go? E.g The inventor of the rubber stamp

I forsee people will need this in the future. I will create a solution that would create more problems and hence more solutions and businesses for more people. E.g Bill gates of microsoft - We have a lot of people employed and in business because of his creativity. Also the GSM market of Nigeria.

Make it reasonable, profitable and think of longleivity of your dream now and in the future. Will it create more avenues or die out or metamorphosize as time goes?

Think, think, think. Be creative. Let your thoughts run wild. Be exposed, watch films cartoons and animes. Play brain tasking games. Talk to knowledgable people as well as those without much in their heads as they drop raw materials without themselves knowing it.

There is one question remaining before you and it requires just one answer

What do you want to do?

Next: Marketing Model - Letting people know you do the things you do

To be continued ...
Re: Is Seun Getting It Wrong? by teemy(m): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2013
*dhtml I believe I sent you an offline yesterday.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy Real And Active Facebook Accounts With 5000 Real Friends. / 360nigeria.com Domain Is For Sale / What Are The Topics That Most Attracts Visitors (draws Traffic) To A Blog.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.