Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off (13693 Views)

NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by bcomputer101: 12:43am On Aug 30, 2013
THE Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) yesterday said it will ask the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to resume negotiation with the Federal Government for the resolution of their differences.

NLC President, comrade Abdulwahed Omar, spoke after the union’s National Executive Council (NEC) meeting in Abuja.

He said there were reports that the union had issued a statement to withdraw from the negotiations with the Federal Government.

Omar said: “Congress resolved at the meeting that we are also going to make consultations to ensure that the negotiations resume immediately. We want to ensure that they are resumed to resolve the issues, not to resume and continue to dangle around without making any headway. We are also going to study the situation and make some proposals.

“But we, at the meeting, also did deliberate on one or two other issues, particularly on the issue of strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

“We are all aware that ASUU has issued a statement saying it will withdraw from the negotiation with the Federal Government following the government’s failure to make a headway in the negotiation.

“According to the paper I read, it was also due to the lack of seriousness on the part of government concerning the negotiation. I think it is a very serious situation we are facing today, that we allow the lecturers to remain on strike for upward of two months without resolving the issues. I think it is a very serious issue.”

Interior Minister Abba Moro yesterday urged ASUU to reduce its demands. .

He said university students should also advise their teachers to review downwards their demands and yield to government’s position.

The minister spoke in Abuja when he received officials of the National Union of Benue State Student (NUBSS).

He said: “I assure you that the ongoing strike is one that the Federal Government is tackling headlong. In spite of the problems that have hindered further discussions, the government will continue to explore all avenues that are aimed at resolving the crisis in our universities, especially now that the government has given money to tackling all the problems in our universities for infrastructure.

“Since you are children, I expect that some of your teachers are also parents. The government is making efforts to let ASUU see things from the position of the government, expect that you too have a role to play as students.

“You must be in the position to advise and sometimes plead with teachers to take into consideration the future of the youth as leaders of tomorrow and mellow down on some of their demands…”

House of Representatives member Farouk Lawan has urged the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to explore other means to resolve its differences with the Federal Government other than the ongoing strike.

The lawmaker said incessant strikes are detrimental to the country’s educational system and standard.

Lawan spoke yesterday in Abuja on the lingering ASUU action, which he said has dire consequences on the nation’s education sector.

www.thenationonlineng.net/new/nlc-moves-to-resolve-asuufed-govt-face-off/

1 Like

Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by tunesoft(m): 12:45am On Aug 30, 2013
Am using this medium to thank all dat supported me in my trying times...quest...,d struggle....finally...
1st to comment......eshey ooooo

ASUU gats call off...dis is a good sign

3 Likes

Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 30, 2013
And who cares?

1 Like

Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 30, 2013
God am i third.wow.running mad and chasing both ASUU nd fg wit lng stick

2 Likes

Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by BabaAlabi: 10:03am On Aug 30, 2013
Rubbish
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Odunharry(m): 10:04am On Aug 30, 2013
student to advice lecturers,lol

5 Likes

Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 30, 2013
i don tire oo.ASUU abeg na i for don dey enta 3rd year

3 Likes

Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Bright2(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Gbam! Good moves,i want all these noise makers around my crib to go back to school asap!
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Burger01(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Here comes the ...... cool cool
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by dryakson(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Time shall tell.. . . .. . With play with play we don chop 2 months with all the meetings from the very first day..... 9ja I Hail.
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 30, 2013
House of Representatives member Farouk Lawan has urged the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to explore other means to resolve its differences with the Federal Government other than the ongoing strike.

Farouk Lawan of all people?

It's partially because of lawmakersbreakers like Farouk Lawan that ASUU have refused to lower their demands.

You're among the highest-paid legislators on earth; yet you demand bribes to subvert due process. You think ASUU will take you serious when your salaries remain so obscene?

Yeye dey smell.

17 Likes

Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by stantob(m): 10:11am On Aug 30, 2013
how long will they tackel it ‘head long‘?
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 30, 2013
That doesn't change the prize of G in the market grin
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by infobiz9ja(m): 10:17am On Aug 30, 2013
Tales by Moonlight undecided
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 30, 2013
Ebig22: God am i third.wow.running mad and chasing both ASUU nd fg wit lng stick

shocked shocked

Hope you won't chase yourself into the market sha? cry grin

4 Likes

Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by kennyonthrone(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2013
R
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by kennyonthrone(m): 10:24am On Aug 30, 2013
Al dis tin wey una dey talk na bullshit al i knw is dat whether FG or ASUU lyk or no lyk am i must Gradge dis year

1 Like

Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 30, 2013
them go call off, abi them no go call off
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by idedan(m): 10:24am On Aug 30, 2013
Is farouk lawal still in the national assembly? Hmmm.
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2013
Let them wait for 3 more weeks abeg. I want to receive my salary gringringrin

8 Likes

Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2013
I pray season 2 would be the season finale...
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2013
Ebig22: God am i third.wow.running mad and chasing both ASUU nd fg wit lng stick
grin shocked grin

na maddness u dey sooo...
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by canalily(m): 10:27am On Aug 30, 2013
shocked bros ooo o oh! ASUU is the over load! FG na the taxi nd NLC de try to off load them! Buh shaa FG strng so dem go fit carry the load!

4 Likes

Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Odoemacyril(m): 10:27am On Aug 30, 2013
wat is dis 1 or 2nd 2 coment al about,.or ar u stil a kid,..u ar doin wat i expect our last born 2 do,..u guy hav use dis 1 2nd and d rest 2 cment and spoil and mak niajaloaded coment borin,..and nw u guy want 2 start doin same here
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by OmolodMilkman93(m): 10:28am On Aug 30, 2013
8weeks and counting
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

shocked shocked

noo i neva mad finish grin
Jekyll & Hyde:

shocked shocked

noo i neva mad finish
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by farells(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2013
WhoisFG.mp3
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Danhumprey: 10:31am On Aug 30, 2013
Even Farouk Lawan After he don collect bribe and service him pocket wella,together with the hefty pay he recieve as a lawmaker,he is here advicing ASUU to pursue other means. In short,he is saying that ASUU should reduce thier demand. If he is the one,would he listen to people calling for a reduction in his salary as a lawmaker?

1 Like

Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by olaobifarm(m): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2013
Dats gud

OLAOBI FARM LIMITED are specialize in production and supply of fries, fingerlings, juveniles and post juveniles at a very affordable price within and outside lagos. Clients in lagos will get their delivery at no cost while there will be a discounted fee for delivery to clients outside lagos. Our mortaliy percentage still remains 15% and we also render free consultancy service to our client and help monitor their stocks till disposal. For booking,you may kindly contact us on 07033499775, pin:2165A051, email: olaobifarm@gmail.com or visit olaobifarm. to know more about us. Its CUSTOMERS FIRST at OLAOBI FARM LIMTED
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2013
Ebig22:

noo i neva mad finish grin

Lord, have mercy. You never mad finish? Issorai! Keep it up. grin grin
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by Olayemiolufemi1(f): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2013
ASUU, i beg call off this stupid strike...i don dey smell house oh
Re: NLC To Resolve ASUU/FG Face-off by amlos007(m): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2013
No be today we they hear all this nah.SMH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking:rivers Assembly Swears In Newly Elected Lawmakers Tomorrow / List Of Nigerian Women Hall Of Fame Inductees: Kudirat Abiola, Aisha Buhari / We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.