Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries (14302 Views)

EFCC: For 4yrs After Leaving Office As Gov, Saraki Received Monthly Salaries.. / Photo Shows Civilian-JTF Going To War With Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram War / Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Solowande(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2013
wetin u expect? na oyibo man talk am sey wat is gud 4 d goose is gud 4 d gander. abeg pay dem mak dem eat
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Burger01(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2013
Give to caesar what is caesar's... Abeg dem try. cool
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by bong4(m): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2013
Civilian JTF? This is how boko haram started. Get set for part two insurgency. Allowance ko, allowance ni.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Coefficient(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2013
I knew it would come to this. It was only a matter of time. We're awaiting another twist to the unfolding drama.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by everyday: 10:59am On Aug 30, 2013
I also need to be paid for reading posts on nairaland
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2013
cashkid18: Signs of end time
Idiot. This is getting old.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by mployer(m): 11:01am On Aug 30, 2013
Baybe: Me nko wey dey sweep road every morning. Government suppose pay me o tonguegringrin
You gave us somethin to tink about. You mean you are a trainee lAWMA staff Do you sweep Ikorodu road? Hope to meet u someday sha.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 30, 2013
They tried @least they put their lives at risk by helping the military flush out these insurgents!! They should be appreciated somehow, if I'm to suggest, let them be drafted into the military!! «4»rm there the can start a career for themselves!
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Magnanimity(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2013
If not na militant tinz be dat o
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by paparazzi1987(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2013
It will be better if the FG can dissolve these vigilante groups as soon as possible;They might later metamorphose into another Terror group...I don talk my own oooo embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by chucky234(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2013
They deserve some form of appreciation to motivate them,putting ones life on the line to fight terror is surely not an easy task.
FG should also map out plans to monitor their activities 24/7 so they dont grow into another terrorist group with the financial support receives from govt. and corporate bodies in the state.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Sike(m): 11:12am On Aug 30, 2013
Nothing is free in this life tho.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by chucky234(m): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2013
They deserve some form of appreciation to motivate them,putting ones life on the line to fight terror is surely not an easy task.
FG should also map out plans to monitor their activities 24/7 so they dont grow into another terrorist group with the financial support receives from govt. and corporate bodies in the state.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 30, 2013
m-ployer:
You gave us somethin to tink about. You mean you are a trainee lAWMA staff Do you sweep Ikorodu road? Hope to meet u someday sha.
Are you sure you are not one of my colleagues? tonguegringrin

2 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by DankemzI(m): 11:25am On Aug 30, 2013
Donalð Genes:
gbam! for real, these are the kind people i can say "come marry my sister for free"
you make me blush #blaq man de blush?? Na lie# is she endowed?? Like Mercy Johnson (b4 giving birth o0...!) is she cute like Chaca Ike?? If yes am on my way to your kindred with ma kinsmen
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 30, 2013
They should make efforts in paying them as this would discourage joblesness which we all know is the cause of BH. It would also encourage these youths to do their work and lessen the no of almajiri youths whch are school drop outs
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by seangy4konji: 11:31am On Aug 30, 2013
They are trying.they should be paying them...
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by samkoro: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2013
This is well deserved
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 30, 2013
DankemzI: Dem try joor, it's not easy leaving your bizness to work as a vigilante.... Borno govt. Abeg pay em
you are senseless,do you know how this same boko haram came into existence? Make your research and you will find out it is very dangerous to start paying civilian JTF. The state government should provide them with food and not place them on monthly payment or even start giving them money b'cos they can easily be used by the same government officials paying them the way boko haram started. If they want money,let them join the Army but this boys should not be paid or else they will start using the money to buy weapons that will become dangerous to the society.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by premlove(m): 11:46am On Aug 30, 2013
abu12: Vigilantes popularly known as “Civilian JTF” yesterday appealed to the Borno Government to facilitate the payment of monthly allowances to them to encourage their activities.
Some of the members told the News Agency ofNigeria (NAN) in Maiduguri that the gesture would boost their morale in ensure security in the state.
Mallam Adam Shitu, a member of the group in Gidan-Dambe, said he had to combine his vulcanising job with that of the vigilance service.
“Most often, I have to abandon my job to help in checking the activities of members of Boko Haram. But I must provide food to my family. Sometimes I have to beg friends or relatives to feed the family,” Shitu said.
“I think it is time for the state government to consider providing us with stipends to remain vigil on the road. Being a member of the group requires a lot of dedication, which means an individual must always be available to take care of emergencies. This is difficult when you still have to look for food.”
Mallam Usaini Uba, another member of the group in Ruwan Zafi, lamented that hunger hadchased many members away.
“At the beginning, we had large group of youths who are willing to work day and night, but as times goes on, they realised that they had to look for food.
“Most of them cannot afford to remain on the roads because they have families and other dependants to look after,’’ Uba said.
Simon Peter, a member of the group in Jiddari Polo, commended the state government for assisting them with logistics.
“The state government has been very supportive to us, government has on many occasions assisted us by hiring vehicles to convey our members on special assignment.
“But we believe government can do more by introducing monthly allowances to our members to enable us survive.’”
Reacting, Governor Kashim Shettima, said the government was planning to engage members of the group.
“It is part of our post-conflict management strategy to create jobs in public works and in construction as well as train others in vocational skills and agriculture,” he said.
The governor said those with the capacity to further their education would be sponsored, while others with limited skills would be supported to enhance their skills. Shettima alsosaid some of them would be employed as sanitation managers and neighbourhood watchdogs, while others would be engaged in tree planting campaign. (NAN)

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/4353-civilian-jtf-demands-monthly-salaries
yes u deserve it, if the fg can pay the militant i dont see any thing wrong in paying them more over we nigeria we love money, if the fg govt pay them handsomly majority of th youth will turn to civilian jtf and that we help to comb this boko haram boys let the fg motivate them atleast it wil l go a long way
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Onoru1(m): 11:47am On Aug 30, 2013
Nonybb: Rvbbish. Boko boy is a boko boy, no amount changes it. These guys would still be the one to matchet christians once their mission of having the money is granted. In islam, to kill is a pure joy, they cant live withOUT killing someone for the happy of their allah and for the sole purpose of establishing islam for the MOON God. #God is watching the muslims with one eye

[size=25pt]@Nonybb, I can see you are not with your brain, If you don't know or have something reasonable to post, Why don't you keep reading and stay off of your keyboard,
Be warned?[/size]
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 30, 2013
Donalð Genes:
gbam! for real, these are the kind people i can say "come marry my sister for free"
Is your sister that ugly tongue
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2013
The federal government should dissolve this group as soon as possible and look for other means in fighting this menace. This same people in the future might later metamorphose into another group that will pose danger to the society in the future. This is how boko haram came into existence by pretending to fight against injustice and later turned into a violent group. Civilian JTF have to be checked so that they won't create more harm,and it is a very wrong advise placing them on salary or even paying them any money. Let the government just provide them with food and clothings.

1 Like

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by premlove(m): 11:51am On Aug 30, 2013
nnanyereugo: D revolutn has strtd, 1st dey ask 4 salary, anoda rquest wil follow suit & wen all dia rquests r nt met, dem too will turn 2 a new factn of rights fighters. W r gradually groomn our new set of terrorists our selves. FG dont say dat i didnt warn u.
now i know the reason nigeria is not moving forward becos of people like you in top position you cant motivate people jst your selfish interest placing ur life for peace to come to ur state does not warrant any motivation to you. I quest your life is worthless
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by yfo: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2013
I would support the civilian jtf being paid only IF fg controls their activities and do one of two things.
1. collect all arms and ammunition from them once the war is over...case in point is the libyan crises where after gaddafi got shot, rebels with weapons made life hell for their immediate environment.
2. fully integrate them in the nigerian security agencies so as to keep a tight leash on them.

but knowing our government, they only have eyes for the short-term and would most likely mismanage this early stage leading to long-term strife.....but I can only hope not.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 30, 2013
The federal government should dissolve this group as soon as possible and look for other means in fighting this menace. This same people in the future might later metamorphose into another group that will pose danger to the society. This is how boko haram came into existence by pretending to fight against injustice and later turned into a violent group. Civilian JTF have to be checked so that they won't create more problem,and it is a very wrong advise placing them on salary or even paying them money. Let the government just provide them with food and clothings before the FG figure other ways in fighting boko haram and look for ways to discharge this vigilante group.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by mrgreen4real(m): 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]Someday they'll ask for pension **wink**
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Originalsly: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
DankemzI: Dem try joor, it's not easy leaving your bizness to work as a vigilante.... Borno govt. Abeg pay em
Is it a must to join vigilante? Isn't it whatever spare time you can afford you use to be vigilante? If you volunteer to do something you shouldn't expect to be paid.If your car broke down on the road and I decide to stop and fix it...should I be paid?
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by wizzyrichy(m): 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
Its a good tin. Dey deserve 2 be payed. Any amount is not too small. At least dey have 2 eat nd cloth themselves.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by wizzyrichy(m): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2013
Originalsly: Is it a must to join vigilante? Isn't it whatever spare time you can afford you use to be vigilante? If you volunteer to do something you shouldn't expect to be paid.If your car broke down on the road and I decide to stop and fix it...should I be paid?
are they not human beings, can u stay up all nite watching after ur environment ? Or is it ur money dey will use to pay dem ? Do u knw d number of lives dat has been lost ? Or do u tink JTF can do d job all alone. Dis are som questions u need 2 answer b4 typing shit in public
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by gentle12: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
nnanyereugo: D revolutn has strtd, 1st dey ask 4 salary, anoda rquest wil follow suit & wen all dia rquests r nt met, dem too will turn 2 a new factn of rights fighters. W r gradually groomn our new set of terrorists our selves. FG dont say dat i didnt warn u.
Yoa are a foolish ingrate,why don't you also go to defend your neighborhood at your capacity voluntarily if that is easy,or don't you have robbery incidents in your area.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Bright2(m): 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
They deserves allowances,pls Goverment should pay them cos security job is not an easy job ,unless Government want them to start robbing neibhorhood like what happened in Aba Abia state during the rain of Bakassi boys then in Ariaria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b / 2019: Atiku’s Not Alternative To Buhari’s Incompetence – Junaid Mohammed / Senate: Akpabio Blackmailing Us Over NDDC Contracts - Senator Ayo Akinyelure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.