Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin (8492 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / Buhari rejects proposal for Chad, Niger to head central force against Boko Haram / Lagos State Deports 70 Beggars To Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2013
Everybody hates beggars: Niger state to start repatriating street beggars to their states of origin

While Nigerians continue to condemn the situation where citizens are forcefully evicted from their states of residence to their states of origin, simply because the state governments consider them to be “destitute”, the governments don’t even seem to be listening, as they continue unrestrained in their conduct.

The latest is Niger state, whose commissioner for justice and attorney general, Barrister Abdullahi Bawa Wuse, said on Thursday, that the state will soon begin repatriating street beggars to their states of origin. He said all that’s delaying the move now is for an executive bill on the regulation of street begging and rehabilitation of beggars which is currently before the House of Assembly to be passed by the lawmakers.

The commissioner, while briefing newsmen after the state executive council meeting in Minna, said the new bill is aimed at taking beggars off the streets.

According to him, the bill also includes a provision for the setting up of rehabilitation centres for beggars and creating areas where people can go and give alms so as to be able to meet up with some of their religious obligations.

Source

1 Like

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Afam4eva(m): 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
I guess this is the latest trend and more states will continue in the show of shame. Very soon it will be extended to non-beggars. One NIgeria.

5 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Demdem(m): 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
Excellent development. Beggars and destitutes must be united with their families.

15 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by sunday478(m): 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
May be this is the latest trend all state should accept.
BTW what is federalism

1 Like

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Gboliwe: 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
Jokers. Why are they farting on the way to the toilet? They should go straight on and do it and let us hear word

1 Like

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by SaintChukz(m): 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2013
I said it.....
Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by lionness(f): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2013
Afam4eva: I guess this is the latest trend and more states will continue in the show of shame. Very soon it will be extended to non-beggars. One NIgeria.

I havent commented on nairaland for years, because I believed it went to the dogs the day someone as shameless and partisan as you became a MOD. The only reason people like you started condeming this act was simply because Fashola, a Yoruba governor did it. You never for once said anything critical about this trend when until it affected the Ibos. You are a disgrace to even exist on this fora. Kindly delete my post for all you care or refrain my posting privleged. And to Seun, see your life. See how your adverts keep increase to zero! Shame.

70 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Demdem(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
lionness:

I havent commented on nairaland for years, because I believed it went to the dogs the day someone as shameless and partisan as you became a MOD. The only reason people like you started condeming this act was simply because Fashola, a Yoruba governor did it. You never for once said anything critical about this trend when until it affected the Ibos. You are a disgrace to even exist on this fora. Kindly delete my post for all you care or refrain my posting privleged. And to Seun, see your life. See how your adverts keep increase to zero! Shame.

U dey mind the bigot. Before fashola, ibo governors united destitutes with their families. None of these ones cried murder then oo.

22 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Afam4eva(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
lionness:

I condemned the governor of Abia state when he did something relative. You can check my post history. The reason why Fashola's own was more pronounced is because he's the governor of the most important state in Nigeria. I condemned Fashola's action from a constitutionally point of view and not from a tribal prism like a lot of people did and i will continue to condemn any state governor that carries out similar actions because it's not in tandem with the laws of the land.

18 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by omonnakoda: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
I condemned the governor of Abia state when he did something relative. You can check my post history. The reason why Fashola's own was more pronounced is because he's the governor of the most important state in Nigeria. I condemned Fashola's action from a constitutionally point of view and not from a tribal prism like a lot of people did and i will continue to condemn any state governor that carries out similar actions because it's not in tandem with the laws of the land.
Funny funny identity.
What of altruth? Help me greet am abeg

2 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ehmm lioness
God BLESS you wherever You are jare!!!

One Nigeria My Foot !!!..

I just dont understand why some human beigns find it SO SHAMEFUL to represent & defend the pride of their fathers' lands!

abeg FASHOLA /Bawa WUSE, GOD BLESS U FOR UR EFFORTS JARE!...

4 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by XereX: 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2013
Afam4eva:

Stop lying, you condemned Fashola's because you are a shameless bigot. You condemned him because YOU ibos more than others felt, Lagos should've been designated a no man's land.
You condemned Fashola because you ibos hate him for sole reason of bringing back sanity to Lagos, a situation that is not acceptable to you lots since you thrive in chaos.

Hide my post!

38 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Demdem(m): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2013
Afam4eva:

What makes it unconstitutional? Is there a court pronouncement on this already or ur reasoning which obviously is skewed.

3 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Tolexander: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2013
Nice move.
Let each state be responsible for the welfarism of her destitutes.

3 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by iterator25: 1:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
Nawa o.. beggars full this country oo
Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by omonnakoda: 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
Demdem:

What makes it unconstitutional? Is there a court pronouncement on this already or ur reasoning which obviously is skewed.
Leave them people just spout "unconstitutional" when they run out of ideas. They have been trounced soundly on the constitutiional argument but keep repeating it like a broken record.
If it is unconstitutional to move destitutes from Lagos state to Anambra it is equally so to move them from Ikoyi to Ikorodu or Victoria Island to Mushin. Nigeria persons can be moved from street to street local government area to local government area or state to state there is NO DIFFERENCE.The question of "deportation" does not arise
The question is WAS IT LAWFUL? and the remedy is to go to court. By the way we are waiting for Orji Uzo Kalu's action.Somebody remind him please his ultimatum has passed
The fact is they reacted because their Ibo pride was wounded.

20 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by bloggernaija: 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2013
Destitutes should be moved back to the state where their destitution was created.
You cannot export your burden to another man's house.
A man's hand is amputated based on a diabolical sharia law.should it be Lagos state's burden to care for that person .
A little boy becomes a destitute in anambra because Obi has decided to turn the state's treasury over to prop up an unviable fidelity bank.
A little boy from akwa ibom runs to Lagos hoping to become an houseboy finds himself sleeping under a bridge.why should that be fashola's problem if the governor believes building a golf course(when he is not busy stealing ) is more important than building boarding schools ,model colleges and skills acquisition centres.
Why should it be SW problem?
When there are enough destitutes in those states,maybe one day,they will march on their government houses and demand change because it seems the able bodied are incapable of critical and radical action.
Next time , vote right or live with the consequences .
Just like the SW is presently living with the consequences of falling for
MR SHOELESS KID
SIMPLES

40 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Garrithe1st: 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
Gboliwe: Jokers. Why are they farting on the way to the toilet? They should go straight on and do it and let us hear word

My Special Mgbeke...

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by kasheemawo(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2013
when will Kano state follow the same ??
Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by alaoeri: 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
kasheemawo: when will Kano state follow the same ??
Very soon the trend is just heating up, every states should be responsible for her destitutes.

2 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by lamba3: 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by truth4meal(m): 6:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
Neutrality is a ruse on this forum, we are all sympathetic to a party or tribe. Me i don't believe @afam breach anything by making us aware of where his allegiance is - the president is a "super mod" of sort in nigeria but noone crucify him. Let's wait till he start misusing his priviledge as a mod then we can call him to order. Does nigeria really exist - we are collated nations so being tribalist atimes is just being a good citizen of ones tribe or nation. Sorry if I derailed the thread but comments already railroad the thread towards this direction.

4 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by cjrane: 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
Excellent!
Please don't drop them off at midnight under IWo road bridge Ibadan. Criminals will already be waiting for them to arrive to molest them.
Every state should now begin targeting every non-indigenes for deportation. The states producing the oil we are all sharing should also retrieve their patrimony being stolen by non-indigenes. That is really what true federalism is all about. grin

7 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Brimmie(m): 5:54am On Aug 31, 2013
Ogbeni Rauf
Pls try and relocate those at Lagere, Ile Ife!!

And dont forget those ones at Ayetoro Area, Oshogbo.

===============================
By the way, i nor dey do fisebilihai for mosque, na dem me dey give my shinkinni money!

1 Like

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 31, 2013
Naija which way
Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Brimmie(m): 6:02am On Aug 31, 2013
berem: Naija which way

^^ Ur Signature Tho! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 31, 2013
nice move
Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by fitzmayowa: 10:39am On Aug 31, 2013
One Nigeria indeed
Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by TechyGuy: 10:50am On Aug 31, 2013
We are getting closer to 2015 when US said we would disintegrate. I thought it will be 3 or 4 countries born.
Following this trend, we may have up to 10 countries born from Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin by emmatok(m): 10:50am On Aug 31, 2013
Afam4eva:

Did you condemn FASHOLA when deported Yorubas?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" / TUC Gives Govs 21-day Ultimatum On Minimum Wage / Mob Kills Vigilante For Blasphemy In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.