Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (743191 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by r231(m): 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
salsera:

Lol

Where have u been

In Ibadan trying to take over the city and chop madam CC tax money grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by tunapa2009(m): 9:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
Na jeje I dey go.............. Where is my "siken"?(Ibadan people I hail thee)...... Good evening family members!!!!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 10:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
Happy intl women's day to you too edwife and all you beautiful women in the house kiss

Oga R231 we missed you o we were just gisting about point&kill and you were not around to tell us where we could go get it in London grin grin how everything? Bring us back goodies from the land of cusin shairs grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by r231(m): 1:55am On Mar 09, 2015
damiso:
Happy intl women's day to you too edwife and all you beautiful women in the house kiss

Oga R231 we missed you o we were just gisting about point&kill and you were not around to tell us where we could go get it in London grin grin how everything? Bring us back goodies from the land of cusin shairs grin

That one is simple now haba......just go to Favorite restaurant in plumstead but man pipkin go don get drunk on carton of stout before that thing ready so it's better to call them before getting there grin cheesy

I get plenty gala and chocomilo grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by MMotimo: 2:22am On Mar 09, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Damiso, I'd like to ask you something o!

You mentioned once that your daughter though outgoing, found it a bit difficult settling into her new school as per the little girls at that stage had already formed their cliques? Has she settled in now?

Abeg, how old was she when she transferred from the private nursery to the state (Catholic) nursery? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of transferring my little girl from her private nursery to the mainstream state (Catholic) school all of her brothers attended, now that she's turned three. Thing is, I'm at crossroads here because I love her nursery and they really pamper her there. A lot of the mums I've spoken to in similar situations say they won't start their little ones at the Catholic school till their kids reach five because the school is too "academic" for their liking. Too "school-ish" if you know what I mean.

I look at her and can see that she's keen learner (always has been) but I just don't know. Her private school is also more flexible in terms of the hours offered but that's not the case with the state school. Thing is, the Catholic school is sooooo over subscribed. It's a small school with just one class per year and I put in her application when she was just 3 months old (immediately after her baptism). She was offered a place in the school way back in September to start shortly after she turns three. My youngest son is currently in that school and I suspect that apart from the very early application, she got that place as per having a sibling currently in that school.

My main worry now is this: if I leave her where she is to continue with the private school which is strictly 0-5 years, then what happens when I try to get her into the mainstream catholic school? By then her brother would have left and she wouldn't have that sibling criteria / condition to back up her application. It would literally kill me if she's not offered a place then because as far as I'm concerned, the other nearby state primary schools do not measure up to this one by a long mile.

Gosh, I'm so confused here! UK Mums in the house with daughters, your advice.

CC:
Chaircover
Edwife
Naijababe
Mmotimo

And any other mums, your input pls...

Sorry this is coming late, I have been away for a while and you probably have a decision by now but better late than never.

The younger they are, the easier it is for kids to adapt to change. Personally, my preference is to make changes that have a longer term effect, sooner than later. Since the intent is to end up at the Catholic school eventually, I would work towards that now because elementary school is longer term.

At her present age, it would be easier to adapt quickly to a new crowd and though most kids adapt eventually anyway, I still believe in parents doing the best possible when it comes to change management and timing is always an important piece.

2 Likes

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 4:43am On Mar 09, 2015
edwife:
This life has no existence without a strong ally in ‘Woman’ in every stage of life starting from motherhood to wife, from sister and finally a daughter.
Women have strengths that amazes man.. She can handle trouble & carry heavy burdens.. She holds happiness, love & opinions.. And she will always smile when she feels like screaming.

Happy Women's Day to all the ladies in the house!

Thank you Edwife... Where's my goodie bag, abi na only card we get? grin

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
Thank you damiso and ewuro,at least i know you ladies love being celebrated as Women. cool cheesy

Ewuro na card i get o grin grin,you too like gift!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2015

Happy Birthday to the special twins cheesy Royalroy and jeffizy

Many more years ahead and may God pour his love and warmth on you,in all walks of life. smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Idowuogbo(f): 6:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
edwife:
Thank you damiso and ewuro,at least i know you ladies love being celebrated as Women. cool cheesy

Na you sabi o...no spa vouchers,no freebies and you expect moi to be celebrating with no goodie goodie? angry angry
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 7:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Na you sabi o...no spa vouchers,no freebies and you expect moi to be celebrating with no goodie goodie? angry angry

tongue tongue thief!

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
^mehn!!! that spa looks beautiful.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Acidosis(m): 9:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Idowuogbo:
^mehn!!! that spa looks beautiful.
hi idowu
smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Idowuogbo(f): 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Acidosis:

hi idowu
smiley
Hi acid
smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
r231:

That one is simple now haba......just go to Favorite restaurant in plumstead but man pipkin go don get drunk on carton of stout before that thing ready so it's better to call them before getting there grin cheesy

I get plenty gala and chocomilo grin

You never disappoint I knew you would know where grin

Haa should I come and collect my own gala? Don't finish the gala o..don't worry about chocomilo I have packs of that at home.

Come how do you people sneak in all this plenty gala? Customs dogs no dey small am ni? Even CC with her kpomo?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 10:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
MMotimo:

Sorry this is coming late, I have been away for a while and you probably have a decision by now but better late than never.

The younger they are, the easier it is for kids to adapt to change. Personally, my preference is to make changes that have a longer term effect, sooner than later. Since the intent is to end up at the Catholic school eventually, I would work towards that now because elementary school is longer term.

At her present age, it would be easier to adapt quickly to a new crowd and though most kids adapt eventually anyway, I still believe in parents doing the best possible when it comes to change management and timing is always an important piece.

Thanks Mmotimo. Much appreciated. smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 10:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
edwife:

I do abeg .. Life's too short jare. grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by jeffizy(m): 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
edwife:

Many more years ahead and may God pour his love and warmth on you,in all walks of life. smiley
Wao! I need a bucket to pack the extra affection. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 6:02am On Mar 10, 2015
edwife:

A big amen to that Eddy.... Thanks a Milly!!!

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Acidosis(m): 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Hi acid
smiley
How parole na? smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by r231(m): 5:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
RoyalRoy:

A big amen to that Eddy.... Thanks a Milly!!!

Happy birthday boss.....llnp
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by r231(m): 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
damiso:

You never disappoint I knew you would know where grin

Haa should I come and collect my own gala? Don't finish the gala o..don't worry about chocomilo I have packs of that at home.

Come how do you people sneak in all this plenty gala? Customs dogs no dey small am ni? Even CC with her kpomo?

Give me £20 i will show you how to dodge the dogs grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
r231:

Happy birthday boss.....llnp

Thanks bro..... Better late than never....grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
Why won't he be the last to wish u hbd?
When he is busy looking for oloshi all over UK tongue

Edwife don tire for his matter sef! cheesy
No remedy! cheesy cheesy cheesy
See his isi nkwocha everywhere.
The ladies don do better ogolinkpo for his head cheesy.
R231,ntooorrr! tongue
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by r231(m): 7:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Thanks bro..... Better late than never....grin grin grin

oh oh grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by r231(m): 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
moca:
Why won't he be the last to wish u hbd?
When he is busy looking for oloshi all over UK tongue

Edwife don tire for his matter sef! cheesy
No remedy! cheesy cheesy cheesy
See his isi nkwocha everywhere.
The ladies don do better ogolinkpo for his head cheesy.
R231,ntooorrr! tongue

how far na moca chick grin grin

how bout dinner me and you only grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
r231:

how far na moca chick grin grin

how bout dinner me and you only grin
Obara emma!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Edwife o!
Where r u? shocked.
Even TBJoshua won't know how to helep this one! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
edwife:

tongue tongue thief!

One day one day.
Hmn.... kiss
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
Acidosis:
How parole na? smiley
parole bam o! This wan u dey on top my matter so, hope all is well? embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Acidosis(m): 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
Idowuogbo:

parole bam o! This wan u dey on top my matter so, hope all is well? embarassed
lool
as u no gree gimme ur contact nko? not even bbm pin?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Idowuogbo(f): 9:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
Acidosis:

lool
as u no gree gimme ur contact nko? not even bbm pin?
Eeemmm...wetin you wan take am do? The 'HI & BYE ' we dey do here no reach? I 'wee' report you to my oga o...stop trespassing. angry grin tongue
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Acidosis(m): 10:08pm On Mar 10, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Eeemmm...wetin you wan take am do? The 'HI & BYE ' we dey do here no reach? I 'wee' report you to my oga o...stop trespassing. angry grin tongue
sad sad .. not toasting you naw
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Idowuogbo(f): 10:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
Acidosis:

sad sad .. not toasting you naw

Na so e dey start naw tongue grin

Just teasing#

I don't do all em pinging things jare, i'm old skool. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.