Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (738189 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
They were the best couple for me too.

The husband is just insecure and too holy but he loves his wife. They both love each other.

The other couple were okay too. Just that the husband needed to grow up. He didn't know what marriage involved at all. Na just sex he wanted and nothing else.

Them sable marriage get big issues. Her husband wasn't innocent o. Just that she's the one with very bad attitude among them. I won't tell you everything until you watch all of it yourself.

edwife:

her name means sand in French no wonder,very useless woman.I felt like shooting her. angry

The couple who spend 22 years together did it for me,they really represented what most marriage were like before and what is happening now.

But his own Christianity no be for here o,close eye when doing the do? grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
cococandy:
They were the best couple for me too.

The husband is just insecure and too holy but he loves his wife. They both love each other.

The other couple were okay too. Just that the husband needed to grow up. He didn't know what marriage involved at all. Na just sex he wanted and nothing else.

Them sable marriage get big issues. Her husband wasn't innocent o. Just that she's the one with very bad attitude among them. I won't tell you everything until you watch all of it yourself.

I did watch the full movie,i know he is not innocent-she was a married woman and he killed her ex.
But the lady is too evil and have an attitude problem.

Yeah the other two were a good couple but his problem was not just growing,they dated for 15 years and for him it was the same thing.He needed to wake up and accept that his wife was moving on.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
tearoses:

Mo gbe!!!
A whole big girl like you disconnected
Are they mad grin grin grin
Welcome back jare
them no get respect ni cheesy

I got there and they gave me number 158.i had to wait for hours before they could attend to me meanwhile its not something you can send somebody because they need your fingerprint and they will snap you pishore cheesy

das why I had no other choice so they can reconnect my line for me ni.so how ya owanmbe go? smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Kimoni: 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I dey here o.wetin shele cheesy

sorry for coming late o jare.na sim registration cause am. Them disconnect my line. Na today I just register my sim. What apoon? cheesy

Sambarrrrry, I nearly wrote here yesterday asking after you but somehow, it skipped my mind. I missed seeing you around

But why you sef no register sinnnceee naa undecided
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
Kimoni:

Sambarrrrry, I nearly wrote here yesterday asking after you but somehow, it skipped my mind. I missed seeing you around

But why you sef no register sinnnceee naa undecided
I'm a busy bee das why . I've been very occupied with a lot of commitments and responsibilities that I didn't know when time flew smiley

kimbaly kimoni kilonshele na wink
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2015
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 10, 2015
Good Morning House
Happy gbo gbo e grin

I need some practical advise pls
We have someone coming to live in our spare room for a year
Not a relative
Its a student coming for a years masters program. we are not charging a penny & its just someone we want to do a favour.

I am not sure how to go about food
I want the person to feel free and comfortable
We have very informal eating habits and so happy for the person to cook their own meals.
Do I ask them to write me a list of what they want to eat so I add to my weekly shopping list?
Or do I let them do their own shopping?
Do I give them their own kitchen cupboard or put everything together.

Please comment on any other thoughts of things that I have not considered

Ive never had someone live with me for long term before and I want it to be a positive experience for everyone involved.

Do I give them specific housework to do? As a family we all have our own specific chores e.g empty the bins, clean the bathrooms, wipe down the kitchen cupboards etc . . . or should I leave it and let the person decide if or what they want to do?

This person is only a few years older than my son. So basically its like housing ones kid.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 10, 2015
Also please lets be careful of our phone and tablet chargers
I am guilty of buying chargers off Ebay
They are usually poor quality and I find that I have to replace them every few months

Someones house burnt down here in the UK a few days ago due to a faulty charger that was left on overnight.

Please lets pay the extra to buy a genuine Apple, Blackberry or Samsung charger or whatever phone one is using. I know that they are ridiculously expensive, but at least one knows that one is buying a qulaity product.

Thank God there was no loss of life, but the house is gone. Hopefully they are insured.

May God continue to protect us all. Amen.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Kimoni: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2015
tearoses:
Also please lets be careful of our phone and tablet chargers
I am guilty of buying chargers off Ebay
They are usually poor quality and I find that I have to replace them every few months

Someones house burnt down here in the UK a few days ago due to a faulty charger that was left on overnight.

Please lets pay the extra to buy a genuine Apple, Blackberry or Samsung charger or whatever phone one is using. I know that they are ridiculously expensive, but at least one knows that one is buying a qulaity product.

Thank God there was no loss of life, but the house is gone. Hopefully they are insured.

May God continue to protect us all. Amen.

Scary! I just bought this charger from eBay last month but not used it yet. The seller gave a list of things to look out to prove it's genuie and the product ticked all the boxes. Should I be still be worried?

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by rebella(f): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2015
@ tearoses, I feel it's better not to give him his own cupboard, let him feel free to use everything in your kitchen, and concerning meals, he can eat either from what is home or whatever he feels like cooking. You can ask him when you're doing your weekly shopping if he wants anything.
This way I feel he'd integrate quicker into your family.

For chores, please give him chores to do after you feel he has settled

4 Likes

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2015
rebella:
@ tearoses, I feel it's better not to give him his own cupboard, let him feel free to use everything in your kitchen, and concerning meals, he can eat either from what is home or whatever he feels like cooking. You can ask him when you're doing your weekly shopping if he wants anything.
This way I feel he'd integrate quicker into your family.

For chores, please give him chores to do after you feel he has settled

Thank you very much Rubella. Long time. Good points.
My main objective is for our guest to feel at home. My kids too may one day need someone else’s help, so I am only sowing.
My thinking on the chores was so that our guest felt part of the family . . . . . and I def won’t be handing out heavy chores LOL.
My son has his own shelf in the kitchen where he puts his protein shakes and his jaga jaga lol so I was kind of thinking along those lines.
This is why I am seeking advice. One may be thinking one is doing the right thing, but it may be seen by someone else as not nice.

Kimoni Dear Ebay can be hit or miss. Looking at the packaging it looks genuine but one never knows. Was it much cheaper than buying it from the manufacturer?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2015

@ Stoja

Please create a thread in the Properties section of Nairaland for your advert.

Thanks.

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2015

Tearoses...

Your kindness is out of this world...God will surely be proud of you... cheesy

To your question.... I will prefer you give him all the privileges your son is having right now.
Since you said he is just a little older and you want him to be well integrated.

If your son has his cupboard then maybe he can have one too.
If your son gives u a list for shopping then maybe he too can make up one.
If your son is buying all his protein and "jaga jaga" things (lol) by himself then by all means the new house member should be made to pay for his stuffs too.

His house chores should be inline with the space and area he is gonna be occupying. Though he can alternate other chores with the others so there can be unity.

That way it will be easier for him to take note of how things work in the house without having to take undue advantages or feeling unwelcomed.

Wishing u a great time with ur guest.

Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by rebella(f): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
@ tearoses, yes it has been long oh, well considering your son has his own cupboard, then it would be a good idea for him to have his. But pls tell him the idea behind the cupboard oh. Cos it may backfire and look as if, u are just providing a house not a home.

The chores are a great idea, cos one more person may add a whole lot more clutter to your home and that would be a great way to check that doesn't happen, while creating a bond with your guest.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
Please what do yall meant by 'cupboard' in this context? You meant pantry?

@chargers.. The apple charger I bought from Apple Store at the mall stopped working after 2weeks while the $4 gas station refurbished chargers last longer. What gives? May God guide us and ours from all village evils. grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ewuro4:
Please what do yall meant by 'cupboard' in this context? You meant pantry?

@chargers.. The apple charger I bought from Apple Store at the mall stopped working after 2weeks while the $4 gas station refurbished chargers last longer. What gives? May God guide us and ours from all village evils. grin

So typical grin grin
Amen o!

Which one is pantry again o!
You this woman grin grin

Kitchen cupboard naw . . . like this

Thats not me or my kitchen BTW cheesy grin

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
rebella:
@ tearoses, yes it has been long oh, well considering your son has his own cupboard, then it would be a good idea for him to have his. But pls tell him the idea behind the cupboard oh. Cos it may backfire and look as if, u are just providing a house not a home.

The chores are a great idea, cos one more person may add a whole lot more clutter to your home and that would be a great way to check that doesn't happen, while creating a bond with your guest.

Thanks dear kiss
May God give us wisdom
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Tearoses...

Your kindness is out of this world...God will surely be proud of you... cheesy

To your question.... I will prefer you give him all the privileges your son is having right now.
Since you said he is just a little older and you want him to be well integrated.

If your son has his cupboard then maybe he can have one too.
If your son gives u a list for shopping then maybe he too can make up one.
If your son is buying all his protein and "jaga jaga" things (lol) by himself then by all means the new house member should be made to pay for his stuffs too.

His house chores should be inline with the space and area he is gonna be occupying. Though he can alternate other chores with the others so there can be unity.

That way it will be easier for him to take note of how things work in the house without having to take undue advantages or feeling unwelcomed.

Wishing u a great time with ur guest.

Cheers!!

LOL
Thank you
Its jaga jaga jare o!
I still dont understand why all these young men love their protein shakes
That shaking noise drives me mad angry
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2015
tearoses:

So typical grin grin
Amen o!

Which one is pantry again o!
You this woman grin grin

Kitchen cupboard naw . . . like this

Thats not me or my kitchen BTW cheesy grin

Abi na grin

Sorry 0, just confused when you asked if you can give him a cupboard , so I thought you meant designate a pantry section.

So my own solution is to ask him for his own groceries list when you want to go shopping for the whole house. Besides, grown dudes like that are supposed to do groceries not you again jare. Besides, it'll makes them feel like part of the family when included in chores like that. Abeg give him the grocery list & money while you watch Jenifa's Diary grin

Aitetemole.. Hehe before nko? shebi your kitchen is exactly as the pic. Thanks to my eidetic memory, I have a mental picture of your kitchen description on that housewife vs hubby-friend's-girlfriend (who madam caught boiling tea water in her kitchen early momo without her permission ) thread cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
@Pantry pic

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by rebella(f): 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
tearoses:

Thanks dear kiss
May God give us wisdom

Glad to be of help kiss
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ewuro4:
@Pantry pic

Can I come and do 2days holiday in your pantry please?

cheesy cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ewuro4:
@Pantry pic

This your pantry Choi see how everything is arranged.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Kimoni: 11:21pm On Sep 10, 2015
tearoses:

Kimoni Dear Ebay can be hit or miss. Looking at the packaging it looks genuine but one never knows. Was it much cheaper than buying it from the manufacturer?

arrrrrrhhhhh, you want to expose my Ijebu oo cheesy

Definitely it was much cheaper on eBay. It was about £30 thereabout in Apple Store and £7 on eBay. I went for the eBay one cuz I honestly didnt see any difference in both products. They both passed the genuineness test.

I guess I'll go ahead and use it but will take extra care when charging with it. Thanks ma'am.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 4:17am On Sep 11, 2015
Edwife watch "Addicted" if you have not.

Damn.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 4:54am On Sep 11, 2015
damiso:

This your pantry Choi see how everything is arranged.

RoyalRoy:

Can I come and do 2days holiday in your pantry please?
cheesy cheesy

My pantry with 3 kids?? shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry see what google image cause.

If I show you , you will run esp you Dami clean freak . cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 11, 2015
Kimoni:

arrrrrrhhhhh, you want to expose my Ijebu oo cheesy

Definitely it was much cheaper on eBay. It was about £30 thereabout in Apple Store and £7 on eBay. I went for the eBay one cuz I honestly didnt see any difference in both products. They both passed the genuineness test.

I guess I'll go ahead and use it but will take extra care when charging with it. Thanks ma'am.

Thats a big price difference
I dont think that its an original product
And this is what annoys me
do these things really cost £30 to produce?
This is why so many people buy off Ebay
Im the same too
I can get an iphone charger on Ebay for £1.99
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 8:08am On Sep 11, 2015
Ewuro4:

My pantry with 3 kids?? shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry see what google image cause.

If I show you , you will run esp you Dami clean freak . cheesy

grin grin my son has reduced my clean freak behaviour person cannot come and quench jare cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 8:10am On Sep 11, 2015
tearoses:

Thats a big price difference
I dont think that its an original product
And this is what annoys me
do these things really cost £30 to produce?
This is why so many people buy off Ebay
Im the same too
I can get an iphone charger on Ebay for £1.99

I have a friend who hates Apple for that reason. My husband prefers buying it from the Apple shop but I won't lie me too I have bought those eBay/Amazon chargers.

And it's not even like the £30 ones even last angry I had to buy a new iPad charger in less than 6 months.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 11, 2015
Ewuro4:

Abi na grin

Sorry 0, just confused when you asked if you can give him a cupboard , so I thought you meant designate a pantry section.

So my own solution is to ask him for his own groceries list when you want to go shopping for the whole house. Besides, grown dudes like that are supposed to do groceries not you again jare. Besides, it'll makes them feel like part of the family when included in chores like that. Abeg give him the grocery list & money while you watch Jenifa's Diary grin

Aitetemole.. Hehe before nko? shebi your kitchen is exactly as the pic. Thanks to my eidetic memory, I have a mental picture of your kitchen description on that housewife vs hubby-friend's-girlfriend (who madam caught boiling tea water in her kitchen early momo without her permission ) thread cheesy cheesy

LOL this your memory . . .you should be a history prof grin
Thanks for the advise
the only one I wont take is to give him list
I cant shout
I live with 2 men so I know what its like.
Asking them to go shopping is a disaster
Just last week hubby rang me to tell me that he couldnt find mushrooms . . .How can you not find mushrooms in a big supermarket grin A supermarket that sells towels will not sell mushorooms? shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.