Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Hairstyles At The Osun Osogbo Festival - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hairstyles At The Osun Osogbo Festival (16472 Views)

Africa's high coiffure: Shocking And Beautiful Hairstyles / Creative/funny Hairstyles(pictures) / Barber's Shop: The Gallery For Men Hairstyles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hairstyles At The Osun Osogbo Festival by GooseBaba: 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Exactly. In Paganism, writings are just treated as opinions and treatises. nothing more. they are not necessary. they are just like opinionated guidelines.

THe point is that the Higher Forces are not here to sell themselves. They are just there. Existing. Some acknowledge them. SOme don't. You won't find a Pagan version of a God saying "I am a jealous God", or "Everyone must follow me or go to hell."

No. It is us humans (xtian/muslim) who have started or as in the case of Pagans today, are "forced" to sell our version of worship as what I'm doing now. I really have no need or gain to do this.

However since the day the abrahamists have introduced proselytization and forced conversion and disrupted the Universal Natural Order of Worship (Paganism/Animism), since that day the balance has been broken, and it is the duty of every right thinker to strive to bring the world back to equilibrium as it once was.

I concur. I believe in the power of the universe. I believe as humans we have the direct link to supreme forces that create change in the universe. I believe we all have the ability to tap into our sub-contiousness and connect. I just don't see the need for prayers,sacrifice or worship. I don't see myself bowing before any deity.

I try to gain insight of forces within the spiritual realm without allegiance to any deity. Babalawo knowledge" grin
Re: Hairstyles At The Osun Osogbo Festival by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
As you wish my friend. to each his owne. just don't forget your tribe , culture and identity. thats all.

As for sacrifice and ritual. these are not for the lazy. (Note: I am ni no way calling you lazy. I highly respect you and your free-thinkng). these are for the socially and tribally active individuals. This is why they are done in the major festivals. THough there can be personal sacrifices made too obviously.

Now you are forgetting the reason why we are discussing the forces in the first place.

Prayer, sacrifice and ritual is done if we want a positive / negative influence in our lives or if we want something from the Gods, want to balance//appease the forces, etc.

As for you. it seems you dont want anything or expect anything from the Gods. though ofcourse, day-day involvement of forces of different natures keep ocurring in your life and activities.

So in your case since you just want an insight into them? I dont see any reason for you to do prayers.

However , at the same time, I dont know how do you expect to get an insight in such a case. do let me know when you are sucessful. undecided
Re: Hairstyles At The Osun Osogbo Festival by GooseBaba: 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
I go by my life experiences. That is how I reason with my take on the spiritual realm. Growing up I lived with my grand mother for like a year. I was able to experience and participate in the ambiance of the Gods. I saw things, both good and evil.

However, most of my spiritual enlightenment happened when I had no affiliation with any form of deity be it Abrahamic gods or traditional deities. The way I see it fulfillment comes from within.

I won battles without the need to call on any deity or seek help from pastors, imams or traditional priest. In a way I believe humans are a vessel with spiritual link to supreme forces of the universe, we just have to tap into it.

I can't see myself dabbling with any deity because they always ask for something. Just as you mentioned there is something called the "wind of change" to me the universe is God and I bask in its glory.
Re: Hairstyles At The Osun Osogbo Festival by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
ok fair enough. Thank You for the explanation. I shall add it to my thought database. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Modelling-discussions :: high Fashion Models-Victorias Secret Models-! / Wedding Gown Now 20k! / No Bikinis For This Year’s Miss World Contestants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.