Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) (12910 Views)

"I Held Meetings With Snakes..." - Peterside Idah, ex-Eagles Goalkeeper! / RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel / The Experience 2012 *The Biggest Christian Gathering in Africa* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 7:42am On Jan 15, 2017
BECAUSE OF GOD
God has called us to do his will with our lives for his name sake, and not to please anyone but God only, and He will reward you in due time.

"whatsoever ye do, do it with all your heart, as unto the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that from the Lord ye shall receive the recompense of the inheritance: ye serve the Lord Christ."
Colossians 3:23-24

*And when you do good because of the name of God and do it with your whole heart.
The God that you serve will never let you down.

Prayer
Father I pray that my life will be a pleasing sacrifice to you in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 11:09am On Jan 17, 2017
POWER
Read the bible daily,
Pick out qoutes
Use those qoute in prayer and watch the power of God manifest in your life...

"For no word from God shall be void of power."
Luke 1:37

Prayer:
Father God almighty, as I pray with your word, please manifest your the power in your word over my entire life in Jesus Holy name
Amen

- I shall not die but live to declare your Glory... Amen
- I shall be the head and not the tail... Amen
- I have a goodly heritage, for they testimonies are my mediation... Amen
- Thou preparest a table for me in the presence of my enemies... Amen
- my children shall be like a fruitful vine around my table... Amen
- I shall not want... Amen
- The Lord is my Shepherd... Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:33am On Jan 18, 2017
GLORY IN HUMILITY
Pride goes before a fall, and so does arrogance ruin a relationship.

"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time;"
1 Peter 5:6

Humility before God is a reflection of your humility toward your fellow human.
- If you show humility in your ways, in due time you will be exalted by your superiors and colleagues.
This is the glory of God.

Prayer:
Father take Pride and Arrogance faraway from my heart, my home and my actions in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:29am On Jan 19, 2017
*50 Major Life Rules As Shared By An 80 Year Old Man:*

1. Have a firm handshake.
2. Look people in the eye.
3. Sing in the shower.
4. Own a great stereo system and listen to good music
5. If in a fight, hit first and hit hard.
6. Keep secrets.
7. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.
8. Always accept an outstretched hand.
9. Be brave. Even if you're not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
10. Whistle.
11. Avoid sarcastic remarks.
12. Choose your life's mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90 per cent of all your happiness or misery.
13. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.
14. Lend only those books you never care to see again, or the amount of money you can forgo just in case they never pay back.
15. Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all that they have.
16. When playing games with children, let them win.
17. Give people a second chance, but not a third.
18. Be romantic.
19. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
20. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life-and-death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems.
21. Don't allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It's there for our convenience, not the caller's.
22. Be a good loser.
23. Be a good winner.
24. Think twice before burdening a friend with a secret.
25. When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.
26. Be modest. A lot was accomplished before you were born.
27. Keep it simple.
28. Beware of the person who has nothing to lose.
29. Don't burn bridges. You'll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river.
30. Live your life so that your epitaph could read, No Regrets
31. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.
32. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
33. Remember no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you.
34. Take charge of your attitude. Don't let someone else choose it for you.
35. Visit friends and relatives when they are in hospital; you need only stay a few minutes.
36. Begin each day with some of your favourite music.
37. Once in a while, take the scenic route.
38. Send a lot of Valentine cards. Sign them, 'Someone who thinks you're terrific.'
39. Answer the phone with enthusiasm and energy in your voice.
40. Keep a note pad and pencil on your bed-side table. Million-dollar ideas sometimes strike at 3 a.m.
41. Show respect for everyone who works for a living, regardless of how trivial their job is.
42. Send your loved ones flowers. Think of a reason later.
43. Make someone's day by paying the toll for the person in the car behind you.
44. Become someone's hero.
45. Marry only for love.
46. Count your blessings.
47. Compliment the meal when you're a guest in someone's home.
48. Wave at the children on a school bus.
49. Remember that 80 per cent of the success in any job is based on your ability to deal with people.
50. Don't expect life to be fair, life was never meant to be fair. Always full of challenges.

"All Wisdom comes from the Lord God and so do common sense and understanding."
(Prov 2:6-cool
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 8:59am On Jan 20, 2017
Access Bank 2017 recruitment campaign will commence on January 23, 2017 until February 09, 2017. The recruitment campaign will focus on filling ET and Frontline Internship vacancies across the Bank. Potential candidates will have access to the career site from 6:00 pm on Friday January 20, 2016. The recruitment criteria remains:

ET
Frontline Interns
Type of Employment
Full time
Provisional Offer
Age Limit
·         Max of 24 years as at the date of application
·         Max of 24 years as at the date of application
·         Max of 26 years for Law Graduates & Master’s Degree Holders
Qualification
A minimum of a second class upper degree from any acceptable university
A minimum of a second class lower degree from any acceptable university

1 Like

Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:51am On Jan 20, 2017
GIVE YOUR HEART
You heart is what God desires, because out of the heart come the issues of life (Guard it very carefully)

If your heart is right, your deeds will be right and if it is evil, rarely ever can deeds be good.

The Heart is our place of judgement, and when we surrender our heart to God, it shows that we fear and love God.
God will personal take charge of your every need.

"And he said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Matthew 22:37

PRAYER
Father please forgive me of my sins and mistakes.
I surrender my heart to you, wash me and make me whole again in you, I ask in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:42am On Jan 22, 2017
NEW
The body and blood of Jesus is the new covenant from God.

It abolishes the old things, and brings in the new things.

May this new covenant bring us into the new life and Glory of God through his Son and our saviour Jesus Christ the Lord
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 11:08am On Jan 23, 2017
GET IT
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Matthew 7:7

Jesus continued also by saying
"For everyone who asks will receive, and those who seek will find and doorswill be opened unto you also if you Knock"

Therefore if you request of the almighty God who is also our Father, we will get our heart desires.
So live right (a holy life) and ask of God to receive in abundance
Amen

Prayer;
Father God, I surrender my life to you as a sacrifice, pls take control of me and bless me in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:33am On Jan 24, 2017
ASK & BELIEVE
"for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."
Matthew 7:8

Today, God encourages us to have faith that we will receive what we ask of him.

Prayer:
Oh Lord when I pray to you, I believe in you.
Please help my unbelief, increase my faith in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:31am On Jan 25, 2017
THE FOOL
Dear friend, be very careful so that you will not be labelled a fool.

A fool is a person who lacks wisdom, one who knows what is good to be done but yet does otherwise.

A fool can also be defined among other definitions as someone who gets angry easily.

"Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry; for anger resteth in the bosom of fools."
Ecclesiastes 7:9

Never be in a hurry to respond or act when upset, because according to the bible if you do, you will be regarded as a fool.
Instead, take a few deep breaths and say "Lord Jesus help me", this is wisdom.

Prayer:
Father I surrender my heart to you, please fill it with your patience and wisdom in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 2:58am On Jan 26, 2017
DO NOT TAUNT
Someone once said "if you do not have anything good to say, please don't say anything at all (keep quiet)"

A word of encouragement at all times helps to build good character and a positive mind frame in people.

"Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."
Proverbs 16:24

Prayer:
My Father and my God, I know that you love me.
Please Lord, help me to love others and be an encouragement to people just as you love me and encourage me, I ask in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:26am On Jan 27, 2017
But the Lord is faithful, who shall establish you, and guard you from the evil one.
2 Thessalonians 3:3

AMEN
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:21am On Jan 28, 2017
ONE STEP AHEAD
Understanding your weakness is one way to stay one step ahead of the devil.

James 1:12 (KJV) says, "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation, he shall receive the crown of life, "

To endure temptation means to go through trials without giving up, to outlast the devil.

Enduring also means going through a time of temptation without letting it change your attitude or commitment.

Jesus never treated people differently even when He was being tempted, we can follow His example.
Sometimes God allows us to face temptations so He can bring attention to areas of weakness in our lives and help us overcome them.

*Godly Maturity comes through trials, and it will put you one step ahead of the devil.

Prayer:
Holy Spirit, I believe You are with me during times of temptation so that I can be overcome.
Please help me Holy spirit
Amen

Good morning family and have a blessed weekend.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:10am On Jan 31, 2017
Trust God and Do Good 

*Psalms 37:3*

This is a simple Way to be Christian.

Prayer: Lord Jesus please help me un belief, and strengthen my faith and will in your ways
Amen

Many of us spend far too much time trying to figure out how we can get blessings for ourselves. People sometimes spend their entire lives trying to accomplish what they think is important, never trusting God or letting Him lead them. In the end, this leaves them depressed and unfulfilled.

Psalm 37:3 says, "Trust, in the Lord and do good, ." God didn't create us to worry about helping ourselves all the time. He wants us to sow good seed by reaching out to help others. And doing good brings great satisfaction because it feels great to make a difference. It also opens the door for God to bless you in a greater way.

You need to trust God to bring the right blessings into your life. While you're waiting for His perfect timing, get busy helping others. You'll actually feel relieved when you aren't thinking about yourself all the time.

Trust God and get busy doing the good things you know to do. He'll faithfully bless you and meet your needs.

Prayer Starter: God, I don't want to live a selfish, self-centered life. I trust You to bring the right blessings into my life while I'm busy doing good for everyone You've placed in my life.

Amen

Good morning my lovely family and have a blessed week ahead.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 4:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
PEACE and HOLINESS
Follow after peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no man shall see the Lord:
Hebrews 12:14

Sanctification is otherwise called Holiness.
If we live a holy life, we will see God show up in our life and in the world to come
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 5:11am On Feb 02, 2017
NEVER QUIT
Brethren, I count not myself yet to have acheived a thing: but one thing I do, forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before, I press on toward the goal unto the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14

Have you sinned against God and do you feel that you are not worthy?
Are you Living a Holy life and feel you are better than others?

The word of God today tells us never to quit trying to be victorious and never to quit until the very end of life.

We need to try again and keep making more efforts until we receive our success.

Prayer
Father God, please strengthen us as we make efforts to succeed in our heart desires and pursuits.
Lord please give us success in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 6:21am On Feb 04, 2017
STUDY
You cannot please God as a child of God if you do not believe God and read the bible.

When we read the bible and see the wonderful true stories, our believe and faith in God increases.

"So Faith/belief cometh of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ."
Romans 10:17

Pick up the bible today, start reading, and Grow your faith in God.
Make it a habit, clean the dust from your bible and begin to read your bible today.

Prayer:
Father, open me up to your word and grow my faith in you through your Word in Jesus Holy name.
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 8:30am On Feb 07, 2017
THIS KIND LOVE
Sometimes we look at our lives as that of a failure, as one unfulfilled and a disappointment,...

..but God doesn't see us the same way.
In all our challenges, God sees you as a successful person who is going tru trials so that you can humble yourself before men and before God so that His plans for you will come to pass in your life.

Remember, you have only one life to live, so don't waste it on yourself, instead, spend your life giving more time to God because he alone will never give up on you as long as you live.

"The LORD GOD appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Jeremiah 31:3

Prayer:
Father thank you for staying with me always.
I appreciate you Lord Jesus
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 8:02am On Feb 09, 2017
HEED/LISTEN/OBEY
Have you ever wondered why sometimes it seems like God isn't hearing and answering our prayers?

Well it's pretty simple, and written in his Word..

"God is in the way of life that heedeth correction; But he that forsaketh reproof erreth."
Proverbs 10:17

When we accept to be corrected, God is more present to help us, but when we refuse to be corrected,... well,... you know the rest.

We need to ask God for his mercy and forgiveness, so that He may refresh us in his blessings as we choose the right way that pleases him.

Prayer:
Father forgive me and lead me in the path of righteousness in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 7:42am On Feb 10, 2017
EASY DOES IT
Don't get carried away with your situation, rather, put God in the picture, telling him about everything.
God truly desires to be a part of your celebration, so tell him always until he comes through for you for your celebration.

*Philippians 4:6-7*
Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. *KJV*

AMEN
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2017
HOLY SPIRIT
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, in the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13

Who is the Holy spirit?
The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God sent to be with us and dwell in us.

It is the Holy Spirit that perfects your Christian race, and helps you overcome all temptation.

"He is the Seal of the almighty God."

It is very important to develop a daily relationship with the Holy spirit in your prayers and actions.

Prayer:
Dear Holy spirit, please come and dwell with me and in me.
Help me to recognise your presence daily in my life.
Lead me and teach the way of the almighty God in Jesus Holy name I pray
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2017
LET LOVE LEAD
Love is the only Sincere emotion.
"God is love"

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:13

Prayer:
Father thank you for your love towards me.
Help me to share your true love with everyone in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:18am On Feb 15, 2017
THREAT
When people threaten you, or your hear rumour of threats, do you become afraid?
Do you begin to worry?

Some years back, a man threatened to deal with me to loosing my job, but I wished him well and I spoke out and said to him
"Except Jesus fails from his throne, then his threat will be fulfilled."
About a month later the man was sacked.
Praise God!

It is written
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid: for Jehovah, even Jehovah, is my strength and song; and he is become my salvation."
Isaiah 12:2

Prayer:
Father, please let your love never fail from my heart and my life.
Help me to Trust in the Shadow of the almighty God.
Bless me Lord in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:58am On Feb 16, 2017
TALK, TALK
Be very very careful of the things you say, and even Jokes you say.

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue; And they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."
Proverbs 18:21

If you confess good things, you will have them,..
and if you confess bad things, you will have them.

Prayer:
Lord God almighty, please keep watch over the doors of my lips.
Cancel every negative confession I have ever said Lord and bless me instead O God.
I apologise for my wrong use of words.

Lord please have mercy on me in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 1:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, And obtaineth favor of Jehovah.
Proverbs 18:22
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:20am On Feb 18, 2017
ULCER? FOOD!
Prayer and bible study is like food.
You have too eat to be sustained in this life or face having a life threatening ulcer.

When you don't pray or do bible study, your spirit begins to lack it's life source and a sick spirit is a home for the devil and his activities.

Pray without season.
Pray daily
Pray without occasion
Pray without ceasing
Pray because you love God

Prayer:
Father I know you love me and you have missed hearing my voice, please help me to love you more, just as you love me in Jesus Holy name
Amen

Pray
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:26am On Feb 18, 2017
"And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered;"
Romans 8:26
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:29am On Feb 22, 2017
REFUGE
Most people move farther away from God when challenges come, instead of moving closer to him.

David was a man that ran to God always. Even when he offended God he ran back to him.
He said it was better to fall in the hands of a merciful God than in the hands of man.

God therefore referred to David in the bible as a man after His heart.

"I will say of Jehovah, He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in whom I trust."
Psalms 91:2

Prayer:
I yield my heart and my all to you O God.
Please forgive me in your mercy and hold me in your love in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Jehovah thy God is in the midst of thee, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love; he will joy over thee with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 11:38am On Feb 27, 2017
WEAK HEART
Today while I said my morning prayers, I felt somehow within me that God wasn't listening.

But while I was yet praying, I realised that the devil sometimes temps us even while in the presence of God to stop us from trusting God.

Dear Friend, I want you to know that God is greater than your conscience, and before you have started to pray to God, he had heard you already and is preparing a blessing for you.

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not vain in the Lord."
1 Corinthians 15:58

Don't stop the goodwork.

Prayer
Bless me O my Father and my God.
Have mercy on me Lord, Save me in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
ITS NOT ME IT YOU
One good trick in relationships is not to believe that you are right, but that you are wrong.
This gives room for the best reconciliation.
Always put your weaknesses first before the weakness of your partner.

* Appreciating the little past supports we get from our partners can be as soothing as a glass of cold water on hot day.
* Never compare your partner to another, it hurts and causes trust and confidence to wane

"Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not its own, is not provoked, taketh not account of evil;"
1 Corinthians 13:4-5

*Last I say please never hold a grudge, and do not let let the sun rise and set on an offence.

God bless you as you allow "Love to lead you"
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:54am On Mar 02, 2017
TOGETHER IN GOD,
TOGETHER IN LOVE
God desires that we unite as one always
Together we will overcome all things that may come against us.

The greatest enemy of man is division.

"Now I beseech you, brethren, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfected together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
1 Corinthians 1:10

Prayer:
Father, please take away all things that may bring division in our lives, and bless us with your love and tolerance for each other.
Build you church O Lord in Jesus Holy name
Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? / 4 Naija Ladies, Looking For Husband In Chuch Forced To Strip unclothed! / Horrorful Cries From Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.